Sugar FactoryBad Customer Service/ Wrongful Charges on Bill

First of all, let me start off by saying that I have never been so disrespected at an restaurant/bar in my life. Having a waiter that was incompetent and obviously could not handle his(RAY the waiter) job duties with a group should probably consider a new career field. I visited this establishment for a friend's birthday and she was literally in tears leaving this place because the service was so horrible. Being seated in a booth for 5 people and it was a group of 8? Really, that's how you start off the service. And there were plenty of open seats through out place. Then when we asked if we could be mover to a larger table RAY the waiter catches an attitude and we had to wait an additional 20 minutes to be seated a larger table, the place was nearly empty. Second issue, it clearly states on the website that they close at 1am. Came into SF at 10pm and was told that it was last call for alcohol and we could not order any food. The excuse we were given is that it is based on volume. I have never been to any bar or restaurant that will refuse service because you do not have a crowd. I have worked in the service industry and I wouldn't dare treat any of my customers this way. Having to wait to finally get menus, then additionally waiting 20 minutes for him to come back and take the order. MINE YOU, HE DIDN'T EVEN CARD ME. It was definitely people under the age of 21 drinking there that night. When the drink finally did come you put my straw on the dirty table thinking that I am going to drink off of it and then proceeds to get another hissy fit when I ask you for a fresh one. The service was completely horrid. I carry myself with respect and I know how to act when I do go out, so no I was not acting hysterically or out of place. Then manager was no better. NICOLE MARTINEZ was no help. No one went even attempted to make the situation right. She never once asked what can she do to fix the problem. Where is the customer service? A heartfelt apology would have probably solved all this. Just showing us that you cared that we had a horrible experience at your restaurant/bar while YOU were on duty. It seems as though they gave us horrible service from the start because they did not want to work. I really hope that someone will teach them how to value their customers and treat them with respect. How is it mandatory to pay for gratuity when you have had the most unpleasant experience of your life?

Ma