ameci pizza / untrained manager

1 Topanga Canyon BlvdWoodland Hills, CA, United States

I went in to order from the only restaurant near me that accepts ebt. My card was "declined" so I asked the cashier to call the retail voucher line for assistance since I knew I had enough money to cover the $5 charge. He said he was busy answering phones so could I call on my cellphone. I said I was also a customer and I was not a retailer so he should call. He refused and said he didn't work there. I did call and the lady said she needed to speak to a retailer. I gave the guy my phone and he was no help. I asked him for a manager and he said they were out of town and I was out of luck. I asked him to call someone and he did but that didn't help either. Eventually I convinced the man on the phone to call corporate for the id number ebt needed. He said wait a few more minutes and he would call "me" back. I told the cashier this was unacceptable that I was doing his job, there were other pizza places and because of him this place sucked. He began insulting me so I left. I called corporate myself and was told they are having a problem with their terminal. I don't understand why the cashier couldn't find this out for me. Complete lack of customer service from this cashier. Yes, I was upset that he was so unwilling from the beginning to solve the problem. I didn't come to order pizza for once to have to do his work. Corporate seems to be addressing the issue but it never should have been in my hands to rectify their terminal issue.

Bi