Colt Ledger AssociationDr colt ledger - beware of such doctors! Else you will suffer for a lifetime

J

I, being a severe case of Rosacea, was flushed with the idea of getting it permanently treated because I am a 4-year sufferer of the acute redness. It has spread all over my face; yes, from nose and cheeks, now even my chest is red.
There are several treatments advised by dermatologists and I was treated by one such doctor, who is by far the most disgusting doctor that I have ever met. He is the head of the Colt Ledger Association in USA and his team is as inhuman as he, himself.
It has been 2 years since my treatment and the fact that it has increased rather than cured, is what bugs me the most. Dr Colt Ledger was recommended to me by my primary care doctor, who has been an unofficial part of the organization for many years (I did not know that before).
In my first interaction with him, he told me the many types of Rosacea to make me understand exactly what it is all about. He told me the following types and symptoms:
Phymatous: Thickness of the skin and bumpy texture.
Papulopustular: Swelling, redness and acne-like breakouts.
Ocular: Redness and irritation in the eyes, the eyelids becomes swollen and the patient might have a something that resembles a sty.
Erythematotelangiectatic: Flushing, redness, visible blood vessels. (This was the type with which I was suffering)
To make me understand my condition in detail, he told me that my skin can get very sensitive, have a burning sensation, dryness or scaling. To be honest, I was pretty nervous and frightened to know that it might increase and a mere redness beside the nose, can make my whole face & chest red and even result in painful acnes. One of the rare type is rhinophyma, which scared me the most because Dr Ledger told me that my skin might get swollen & bumpy and asked me to immediately visit him if I face any of the following symptoms during anytime of the treatment:
Bumpy Texture
Thick Skin (nose, forehead, cheeks, eyes, nose)
Visible broken blood vessels
Pores of the skin looks large
Excessively oily skin

He understood my concern and then asked me to just give my blood sample for the time and then visit him again once my report arrives. I was taken to another room for the blood check and I left the place after paying roughly $ 900. I never knew that he would be that expensive, but as far as he can treat my condition, I was fine with it.
I was nervous for a few days, but after 3 days, I received a call from Ledger Association and was asked to return back the next day. I went during the afternoon, but had to wait for 2 hours before Dr Ledger arrived. He called me in and showed me my report, which did not look nice. He told me that my condition is increasing and I need to get a laser treatment as soon as possible. I was taken aback. I asked him about the various creams and lotions, but he told me that if I do not get a treatment, I might face other types soon.
Such words, coming out of his mouth, frightened me and I immediately asked him about the overall cost of the treatment. He gave me a booklet which consisted all the rates and different stages of the treatment. The total sum came was $2500 exclusive of taxes. I asked his leave to think about it and left the place.
The whole night, I thought how I can afford such expensive treatments, so I consulted my primary care doctor. To my surprise, he gave me the same advice after checking my report and asked me to get a treatment soon. He also told me that he can ask Dr Colt Ledger to give some benefits for post-treatment medication, to help me out financially.
After 5 days, I visited Dr Ledger again and told him that I will get the treatment done after a week. He gave me assurance that my condition will be permanently cured in a few months. One of the junior doctors told me that rosacea is a chronic skin disease and it can reduce my quality of life i.e. problems in marriage, at work et-cetera. It can lower my self-esteem, cause frustration, anxiety and even depression.
He told me that it runs in families and my mother or grandmother might have symptoms of rosacea, which might be the reason for my condition. The immune system also plays a role in it as rosacea bacteria causes the immune system to overreact. It might also be caused due to bugs like H pylori, which causes infections in the intestines. He told me that my reason will be diagnosed before my laser treatment.

I returned to the clinic after a week to get my condition diagnosed. The team examined my skin and eyes, to confirm the reasons and cause of my condition. The two types of laser treatments are as follows:
Dermabrasion- The skin is removed in this procedure.
Electrocautery- The skin is treated with electric current.
As I opted for the latter, I was prepared for the same and told it will take 4 hours for the whole procedure. I was given anesthesia and made to lie on the bed. The machine beside me was used to send the electric sensations and after the whole treatment, I noticed that the reddening reduced. Dr Colt Ledger asked me to visit the finance department and collect my post-treatment medications afterwards.
I paid my bill and collected a 2 month medication to completely flush out the symptoms. The association ensured the success of the treatment and told me that it will be completely cured in a few months.
It has been 2 years since my treatment and my condition has worsened. I consumed & applied the medication for 6 months after my treatment, but it only got worse. I revisited the Association many times, but no one helped me or even treated me humanly. My whole face and chest has become red and swollen, but the Association does not agree to any compensation.
I have filed a complaint against them and especially Dr Colt Ledger because he was the one who gave me all the assurance and I blame him for my worsened condition. I feel that the treatment did not go well and it is because of him that I am suffering from more than one type of rosacea now.
Hope to get justice from the health department for my money and more importantly for my health.