Vefa Holdings Pty (Ltd) / Wynbergmost terrible products and service imaginable not to mention fraudulent!

G

Good day,

my name is Gerrit Joubert resident in Riversdale, Western Cape.

My complaint is somewhat complicated, but will try to explain the situation to best of my abilities.

The company in question is Vefa Holdings Pty (Ltd).

Here follows the physical address: 28 Main Road, Wynberg, Cape Town, 7708 (VAT No. [protected])
Tel: [protected]
Cell: [protected] (Mohammed)
Contact Person: Mohammed
E-Mail: [protected]@Hotmail.com & [protected]@Gmail.com

On 22 March I've received an invoice from Vefa Holdings for 1 x HP ProBook 4520S, where after I've done the payment for the amount of R 7000 into their bank account. (Please see attached invoice) The EFT payment was made by Mr. B.B.Joubert - ABSA Bank on 22 March 2017 from my dad's Cheque Account.

The amount due for the ordered laptop was R3500, but I by mistake transferred the wrong amount into Vefa Holdings FNB account - please see attached invoice for bank details.

I contacted the company and requested that they deposit the rest (R 3500) bank into my bank account.

I then received the laptop via Traingle Couriers on 31 March 2017.

There were several problems with the laptop that I will explain in more detail later. (Fouth E-Mail)

Here follows my e-mail correspondence with Vefa Holdings and Mohammed:

Original E-Mail

Vefa Holding
AttachmentsMar 22
Hi there

Please find attached Invoice on this email

Attachments area

Subject: Invoice
Attachments area
Mar 22
Good day Mohammed,

ok, just confirmed the transaction with client, will do the EFT payment first thing tommorrow.

Vefa Holdings
Subject: Re: Fw: Invoice

Second E-Mail

Mar 24
Good day Mohammed,

I hereby want to order 1 x HP ProBook 4520S i3 laptop as discussed & quoted on invoice no. [protected] on 22 March 2017 for R 3 500.

I will sent courier using Triangle Courier Services - Cape Town to collect package.

Please transfer the outstanding R 3 500 to the following account:

Account Holder: Mr. BB Joubert

Account Type: Cheque Account

Bank: ABSA Riversdale

Branch Code: 334-613
Account Number: [protected]

I will definitely do business with Vefa Holdings in the future, as your pricing is very good. -

Sorry for the confusion around this transaction.

Kind Regards

Third E-Mail

Good day Mohammed,

Just incase you didn't receive previous email - here is tha account details again.

Please transfer the outstanding R 3 500 to the following account:

Account Number: [protected]

Fourth E-Mail

AttachmentsMar 31
Good day Mohammed,

I've received the HP ProBook 4520s this morning, delivered by Triangle Couriers at 11:15 AM.

Unfortunately I'm going to send the laptop back to you because of the following reasons:

1. The Power cord supplied with the cahrger is the incorrect connection (Photo 1)
2. The "up" directional key button is missing (Photo 2)
3. The top side of the laptop is badly scratched (Photo 3)
4. The front right left hand corner (plastic) of laptop is broken (Photo 4)
5. One of the releases for the battery is broken/missing (Photo 5)
6. The laptop when I opened it was very dirty (Photo 6)
7. The biggest problem is that the laptop does not have a hard drive installed (Photo 7)
8. Because of reason 7 - it has no usable operating system, and I don't have the Windows 7 Pro DVD to install, even if there was an hard drive installed (Photo 8)
9. The installed DVD Writer for some reason would not open.

I want to make it very clear that I'm not at all happy with the quality of this laptop and cannot use it as is.

I specifficaly asked you about the condition of the laptop and you said that it was in very good condition, that it is clearly not and quite frankly unexceptable.

I will courier the laptop back to you (at my own expense) with the original invoice send to me on 22 March 2017 next week Monday (3 April 2017).

I request you to please do a full refund of R 7 500 that was paid into Vefa Holdings account, as I have already lost money with this deal.

Fith E-Mail

Apr 7
to Vefa, Vefa
Good day Mohammed,

I just want to make sure that we don't misunderstand each other - in reference to the telephone call (Friday -07.04.17) - I would appreciate it if you can supply me with new laptop, but I don't want to spend more than R 3 500 that I originally budgeted for.

I desperately need the other R 3 500 that was by mistake deposited into your account and would appreciate it if you can notify me as soon as you have done the transfer to my account.

Kind regards

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please see attached pictures mentioned in the fourth e-mail.

The first e-mail was the when I ordered the laptop (22 March 2017)

The second e-mail was when I sent Triangle Couriers to collect my package from Vefa Holdings and too transfer the astounding amount (R 3 500) back into my bank account (24 March 2017)

The third e-mail was to confirm that Mohammed had my bank details for the deposit due.

The fourth and fith e-mail was when I received the laptop via Traingle Couriers and to point out the problems with laptop upon inspection (31 March 2017 & 7 April 2017)

After numerous tries I got hold of Mohammed on his cellphone number (mentioned above) and he told me not to send back the laptop. He then said that he will send me a brand new laptop in it's original packaged box and if I'm happy with the "new" laptop, I can sent the first one (HP Pro book) back to him. I then asked him when he will deposit the astounding amount back to my account and he told me that he will do an EFT transfer to my account in that week still.(10 - 14 April 2017)

Thusfar I have not received any laptop as promised, neither have I received any payments made by Vefa Holdings or Mohammed..

I also want to mention that when I received the laptop, it was not packaged in a box or bubble wrapped - it simply was put in two plastic shopping bags.

After the last e-mail send to Vefa Holdings I've have not heard from or contacted by the company to followup on above mentioned transaction.

Because I couldn't get hold of Mohammed after several failed attempts to reach him on his cell number, I contacted their offices in Wynberg and asked the the receptionist to deliver messages to Mohammed to contact me urgently, which never happend.

Too this day I was unable to get any kind of response from Vefa Holdings regarding this and all the issues are still unresolved.

In short then, Vefa Holdings still owe me R3 500 (outstanding now for nearly 2 months and I haven't received anything) and I'm still in possesion of a broken laptop that I cannot use or sell because like I mentioned in e-mail no.4 it doesn't have a hard drive installed + numerous other problems. (See Fourth E-Mail)

Could you please assist me in this matter and recommend a solution to this problem seen that Vefa Holdings simply doesn't care to right the situation - although they state on the invoice that this laptop has a 12 month warranty for what it's worth.

Cell: [protected]

E-Mail: [protected]@gmail.com

• Updated by Gerrit Joubert · Jun 18, 2017

Good day,

the contact person Mehmet has contacted me and assured me that this matter will be resolved soon.

He explained that his shop was robbed and he also had a few other bad streeks of luck - therefore he couldn't keep with our previous arrangement.