USA Pocket Bikes.Com — No product after purchase

My 10 year old son saved up his money all summer long from selling lemonade, cookies, etc to buy a pocket bike. After he had enough funds and spent days researching the best deal on the bike he wanted, he asked us if we would order the bike from usapocketbikes.com with our credit card and he would pay of the cash for the transaction. We made the online purchase in later part of August 2011 and it is now December 5, 2011.
My husband made several phone calls (15+) over this time period to check status of order and he got the runaround every time. The website says it takes 5-7 days to receive the bike after order is processed. Two weeks later, we call to check on order and were told that it would be there in a couple of days. Another week went by and we called again only to be sold an express delivery for an extra $50 to get the bike in 2 days. Another week, still no bike, so another phone call was made, only to tell us they were out of stock on that color of bike and they could send us another color right away, so we went for the other color. Another week went by and we call to ask for refund. We are told that a refund is not possible because the company's finances have been frozen by bank upon State request due to complaints. We are offered to upgrade to another bike for $100 more, but refuse. They tell us that a bike should come soon and it is now November. After a few more weeks, we are told that they STILL have not received shipment of bikes and funds are STILL frozen, so we cannot get our money back but we should have a bike for Christmas. I have a feeling that won't happen either.
My son is broken-hearted and we do not make that kind of money to replace such a large ticket item. My husband has been laid off since middle of summer and we are struggling just to pay bill and put food on the table, not able to provide any Christmas for our children nor could he buy his own gift from his hard-earned money. I am beginning to think that this company is just a scam to take people's money and break kids' hearts. To reach me, my email address is [protected]@hotmail.com