Kraft South Beach Living Cereal Bars Dark Chocolate — pebble in breakfast bar broke molar
I bought the chocolate South Beach bar and ate one in my car. It tasted so good, that I ate another one, but I bit down on something hard and it broke my back molar down to the gum. I could not help but swallow some of it, but I did spit it this white, oval pebble in it with a brown circlular mark on the bottom end. I took this back to Giant, in Sterling Virginia immediately. The manager on duty agreed he saw it too, my tooth was broken and bleeding and he called Kraft.
Kraft said to send in the bar and the object so they could send it to their lab. There is an attached picture with the white debris that Kraft claims was not in their product, although it is either part of my tooth and I swallowed what caused my tooth to crack or, the little beige object in the picture was the culprit. Either way, eating their bar cracked a molar. The bar before it did not. One was good, the other contaminated and dangerous.
They responded with a letter that was so out of touch it was almost funny, "Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience. ... Our laboratory experts have closely examined the sample you were kind enough to submit. Our lab analysis determined that the sample you submitted was of high quality, with no evidence of material that could cause dental damage. Again, we appreciate you contacting us. It's people like you who help us to continually improve the products we offer."
I am unemployed and have no health insurance and Kraft lied and threw me to the wolves, although fixing the matter would have been a tiny fraction of a fraction of their profits, probably less than $1500.00, as a dentist claims the tooth needs a crown. Kraft obviously does not care about me or any of their customers.
Stephen M. Smith