Ocean Breeze Waterpark

Posted:

Lifeguard failed to do job

Ocean Breeze Waterpark
My six year old daughter went to Ocean Breeze Waterpark today with her aunt. They were playing in the wave pool when the waves started up again. My daughter is a very good swimmer, but we still like her to wear a life jacket in the wave pool. Apparently my daughter got caught up in the waves and got sucked under water for 2-3 min. They were right in front of a lifeguard stand and he still failed to realize what was going on. Luckily another family friend saw what was happening and jumped in after my daughter and helped them to get out.

Not only did the lifeguard fail to help, he then told them not to worry. She would not have drowned because she was wearing a life jacket. I'm at a loss for words right now. I cannot believe he made such a comment. They were given a name and number to contact for a complaint. I however feel the situation should have been dealt with immediately and the lifeguard should have been spoken to on the spot. I called and spoke to Amanda when I got home and she really didn't have much to say either. Other than that the lifeguards are all cpr certified and are very good swimmers and they haven't had any incidents of this nature this year. I will never return and will tell all my friends and family about how poorly this was handled.

To top it off, they had gone on one of the slides later on. The lifeguard there had all his friends hanging out at the bottom of the slide and my daughter had a hard time getting through them. Maybe they should have older lifeguards there and not 18yr olds who consider it just a summer job. I also think they need lifeguards in the wave pool at all times, especially when the waves start up. I'm highly disappointed. Amanda did not take my name or number or even ask if there was anything she could do to resolve this or ask how my daughter was.
Complaint comments Comments (1) Complaint country United States Complaint category Job & Career

Comments

N  8th of May, 2017 by    0 Votes
It is always best to hire someone skilled to do so, unfortunately in most cases these companies dedicated to cancel timeshares usually cheat for the second time to their customers since they are vulnerable and desperate. If you are thinking of hiring them you just have to make sure you do not have to make any payment upfront.
I found this article that speak precisely about this, you should read it, that might help you to resolve many doubts:

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree