The Wedding Centre/Katie Piccowedding dress

L Oct 29, 2018

Firstly let me say that the dresses in The Wedding Centre are absolutely beautiful, and i specifically arranged an appointment there as i knew they stocked the designer i was interested in (which i ended up buying).
The staff are pretty friendly, but i was so disappointed in the service, namely the appointment scheduling, which seemed incredibly unprofessional.
I was sent a text by someone at the shop in April to set up 3 fitting dates in September (for my wedding in October). One of which i had to change and she text me the next day to say she'd checked with the owner and that was fine. I turned up for the first fitting and the owner had no knowledge of my appointments, they didn't even have my dress in. They booked me in again a few weeks later.
The first fitting was fine, no problems.
For the second fitting i turned up at the scheduled time, there were 2 brides in there from appointments which had run over, and me and my mum stood in the doorway for 15 minutes before anyone even aknowledged we were there. Finally, the shop owner said i could go and change into my dress but there were the 2 brides and 3 bridesmaids getting changed in 1 changing room!! (There is a second changing room which is used as storage, and therefore not useable). So after 30 minutes they left, i got changed into my dress, and the next appointment turned up, meaning we had to share the same changing room, which made me feel very uncomfortable. Plus, the shop owner has disappeared and left both of us with the seamstress who doesnt speak fantastic english.
Two days before my last appointment, the shop owner rang me and left a voicemail asking me not to come in today as my dress wasn't ready. i text her back to say i didn't have an appointment today!
My last appointment, where i took the dress home, also didn't run smoothly. Around 10 minutes before my appointment, when my mum and i were en route to the shop, i recieved a text message confirming how much the alterations would be which needed paying before i could take the dress (a 3 figure sum). when we arrived, the only person at the shop was the lady who does the alterations. she asked if we had the money in cash as the card machine was locked in the shop next door and she didn't have the keys. we said we would never carry that much cash and we only knew about the amount 10 minutes ago! we had to walk up to the bank to get the cash out to pay.
The dresses are lovely, a little bit more unusual i think, which is what i wanted. And i was very happy with my dress. But i was so disappointed with the service, which seemed a total shambles, i'm not sure i'd recommend the shop.