Metro Water Districtovercharging on water bill

I bought a home build here in NW Tucson called CANADA Heights located at Overton near LaCanada by Hunter Corporration built in 1993 and my water bill was about $35 which was about $8 for sewage as Metro Water added the sewage charge onto all water bills and complained when the sewage co raised the cost to $12 and now they charge over $59 per month being I was told they are replacing old sewage pipes on the South end of Tucson. I told both the sewage co. and Metro Water half the amount of water on my bill goes dn into the ground being I have 15 Ilalian trees, 28or more rose bushes, trees, and to come and look at the area and was told -NO I need to have a separage meter=charge by both companies $2500 which I cannot afford. My bill now has been rising to $129.91 this month and wonder why I am paying for replacing old pipes on the south end of town? I Can attach photos of my yard if need be.