Amerifirst Direct Logo

Amerifirst Direct

Having problems with Amerifirst Direct?

Amerifirst Direct reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jun 10, 2009. The latest review False advertising was posted on Jun 10, 2009. The latest complaint False advertising was resolved on Jun 10, 2009. Amerifirst Direct has an average consumer rating of 5 stars from 1 reviews. Amerifirst Direct has resolved 1 complaints.

Amerifirst Direct Customer Service Contacts

7701 San Felipe Blvd # 100
Austin, Texas

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Amerifirst Direct Customer Service. Initial Amerifirst Direct complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Amerifirst Direct above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Amerifirst Direct. Discuss the issues you have had with Amerifirst Direct and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Amerifirst Direct Complaints & Reviews

Amerifirst Direct 6-month CDFalse advertising

Upon seeing an advertisement for 4.5% 6-mo CD (w/stipulation of $15K minimum deposit) in the Austin American-Statesman over a period of several days (e.g, it ran Saturday June 6 through Tuesday June 9), I called & spoke with a John Plum on Monday, June 8, 2009. John told me they were too busy to meet with me that day, so I called back the next day (on Tuesday) & again spoke with John. After confirming the ad rate was still valid, I made an appt for Wednesday, June 10, at 10am. On Wednesday, the Statesman ad had dropped the CD's advertised rate to 4.25%, yet I was not deterred from keeping my appointment.
After driving almost 40 miles, I was greeted by Ted Hughes. Ted then spelled out a menu of financial products and investment vehicles that Amerifirst Direct could offer me. After listening to his "sales pitch", I showed him the current June 10 ad and specified that I was interested only in the 6-month CD. He again tried to dissuade me from the CD saying that the bank in which it would be invested would be "only 3-star" and in jeopardy of going bankrupt. I told him that "risk" was not a problem for me, as I trusted the protection of the FDIC. Again, I told him that I intended to keep my money liquid and did not want to invest long-term in any of their other products.
At this point, Ted became upset and told me that I flatly "did not qualify" for the CD and insisted they would not honor the ad. At that point, I too expressed frustration at driving so far only to be greeted with a "bait & switch" upsell scheme. I was told to leave the office and threatened by John Plum that the police would be called if I did not.
After waiting in my car an additional 15 minutes, I drove to another investment house at which I'd previously held similar CDs and showed the ad to my agent. He was shocked when I reported how I was treated and confirmed that Americfirst Direct's tactics were at best misleading and at worst illegal. He pointed out that, most importantly, the ad lacked their "operating under License #" information. By his account, there was no valid reason for which Americafirst Direct could refuse to honor their ad as it was written...see attached.

• Bo
      bostonmike May 11, 2010

Looks like you might be correct...BUT not in this case. It does not follow up the NORTH ladder.. BELIEVE it or not, this is not North's company.

• Kn
      KnowsARat Feb 10, 2010

Gotcha you are absolutely right and these people need to be stopped. ANYBODY doubting, just get a "CD" then get roped into an annuity. These people prey on the elderly and leave them strapped for cash. They are unethical and should be investigated by the Attorney General.

They also withhold payment from their commissioned employee/agents. They lie to them about policy status, blame underwriting, make all excuses they can.

RATS. Look at how many companies Heather North is the Reg Agent of. These "entities" breed like rats only they screw the people they purport to serve.

Anybody defending these people is on the inside.

• Kn
      KnowsARat Feb 10, 2010

Above poster must be Tim North, Heather North or R. Nathan Hightower. These people spearhead over one hundred "entities" ranging from financial services to health care.

They are crooks plain and simple.

They will occupy a building, skip out on paying rent, breach a contract, then hide behind a different corporate name.

DO NOT engage in business with them or you will most assuredly LOSE your SHIRT.

• Br
      Brianbrody Feb 08, 2010

People who post things without knowing true facts are idiots. The above poster doesn't know that Amerifirst Direct is in no way affiliated with First Financial or Amerilife First Financial. Different owners, different companies. Get your facts straight idiot!

• They will not say how long they have been in business.

BEWARE this may be Interstate First Financial and Amerilife First Financial under a new name.

They have closed up offices all over the treasure coast without paying their rent. Now they magically re-appear in the Palm Beach Post as anther entity.

The man on the phone was not willing to discuss any information about this company.

If it looks like a rat, smells like a rat...

• Nl
      NLewis Jun 15, 2009

Update from NLewis to June 10 2009 complaint posting: Americafirst Direct recognized their error in the way I was treated and has reached out to me to extend their apologies and a resolution to the events as outlined in the original complaint. I am now satisfied and wish to retract any semblance of ill will conveyed in the posting. It is my belief the "lessons learned" will be to the benefit of anyone who does business with Amerifirst Direct in Austin TX.