occidental fire and casualty insurancecustomer service

I

my wife was just rear ended by someone insured by this company. my wife was driving my brand new 2012 accord (leather etc). there was only 150 miles on the vehicle. she was hit on a friday and i was unable to get the number for occidental prior to them closing. i called on sunday and left a message stating we needed a rental first thing in the morning. i was finally given an agents name on monday morning to call but when i called it went right to his voicemail. i left a message explaining the urgency of needing a rental so my wife and i could get to work etc.

no call back for hours. i called a couple more times and got voicemail right away.

i was finally called back at 430 pm which was too late to get a rental as they were almost an hour away from my house and would be closed by the time i got there. he informed me they did not direct bill with the companies and i didnt have to wait but could get it and be reimbursed. i then later got a message stating a list of things they would not pay for and that it had to be a comparable car.

today i went and asked for a comporable car. the rental company had accords in their "premium" car section but to be nice even though my brand new car was an accord we chose the next model down. they also informed us there was a 24.99 surcharge for my wife because she was under 25. i called to let my agent know and he told me they would not pay for it!

i am just blown away as my wife was rear ended while at a red light by one of their insured. i lost my cool with the agent as 4 days with no car and then this was too much. after yelling back and forth for a few minutes he told me he wouldnt talk to me anymore and HUNG UP on me!!!

i called back several times and he would not answer.

i finally got through and asked to speak to supervisor. i was put on hold for 5 minutes and then received their voicemail. i left a detailed message and have received no phone call back.

i called again and got the same run around. the agents are very rude and it seems like they try to fire you up. i have never lost my cool like that in my life but this company is just too much. i cant believe they are allowed to be so rude and hang up on customers.

i will be taking them to court for more than just the rental charges.

• It
    itzkrazi Sep 29, 2011

to update you, the company contacted me and told me everything was all set. then called me ten minutes later and told me they werent going to cover the rental. then a supervisor called me and said they would cover, but then called back and argued about it because the car was a lease and the main driver of the car wasnt clear to them so they didnt want to get us a rental.

back and forth i went for 2 days, then my insurance finally got involved and put the smack down. my insurance company was not called back as well and left several voicemails.

for anyone looking for insurance beware of this company. i cant imagine how bad they are to their customers that need help or are in at fault accidents if they put up this much of a fight to help someone that was hit by their insured.