Hotel Mystay Hamamatsucho, Tokyoroom checked-in not as reserved but paid higher and request refund

E Jul 24, 2019

My booking no. : [protected]
Reserved by : SHUM, Po Luen

On 15 June 2019, through Hotel.com website, I reserved one superior queen non-smoking room in Hotel Mystay Hamamatsucho from 19 to 22 July for 3 nights due to I was expecting more spacious room this time, so I paid total sum of HKD2, 229.02 (25, 350 Yen) with breakdown of room charge as below.

Room charge for 19 July : HKD685.64
Room charge for 20 July : HKD950.13
Room charge for 21 July : HKD428.13
Plus tax & service charge : HKD165.12

However, on 19 July 2019, I was checked in the standard double room, non-smoking even after re-confirmed and negotiated with the Hotel's reception.

According to above room charges, I am pretty confirmed I was booking superior queen non-smoking room as I recalled the charge of the standard double room is not over $600 (before tax & service charge). Besides, the Reception showed me the room charge for standard double room on the day is less than 7000 Yen (equivalent to less than HKD500) Therefore, it does not make sense that I was checked in a cheaper room but paid higher room charge, which is definitely your company policy.

As long as I believe your company promises to offer the best rate to your customer, especially I am your loyal customer, therefore I am quite disappointed about this and no more confidence to make reservation from your company in future. Please investiage the above case and get back to me soonest including the offer of all room types to pulbic shown in your website on 15 June 2019. Last but not least, I strongly requested refund the difference of room charges between standard double room and superier queen room. Your immediate attention and action is highly appreciated. Thanks!

Regards,