The Brick Store / the brick store sales associate

1 #18-100 Vineberg Dr. HamiltonHamilton, Ontario, Canada Review updated:
Phone: (905) 388-4664

To whom it may concern, I am writing this complaint in hopes that a wrong done to me can be corrected. On nov. 1 2007, I went into a brick store on upper james street and inquired about a brick account I had opened several years ago with account #[protected]. The sales rep took my information and told me he would make an inquiry about the status of that account. At the time of opening the account my name was donna brandis, which I relayed to the sales rep. After some inquiry the sales rep told me that I had cancelled the card a few years ago, which I was okay with. He then asked me if I would like to apply for a new brick card which I adamantly refused. I explained that I already had a visa and a line of credit which were accessible to me. He spent some time trying to encourage me to apply for a new card but I was was very firm in my decision not to apply for any new credit. Approximately 2 weeks later I received a letter from hsbc thanking me for my application for a new brick card in the name of donna brandiswright, a name I have never used. I am very, very upset and would appreciate it if you could help me to have this credit application removed from my file.

Comments

• Ly
      21st of May, 2008

Dear Donna,
    I have had similiar problems with these idiots.Go to the Credit bureau in West Hamilton, they walked me through the process, it was painless, actually it felt very empowering to be again in controll of my own credit from these ###s!
    Sorry, i can't find anything good to say about The Brick.
    Lynda

• M
      19th of Nov, 2008

I am a very unhappy, dissatisfied customer. Let me start by telling you that I will never shop at any brick store again, and I will recommend my friends and family not to do so as well.

I purchased everything for my condo from the brick, my bedroom, den and living room are all furnished by items that I purchased in one of thir stores. However, there was disappointed from the get go.

A week before the delivery schedule I found out that the couch that I had bought was missing from my invoice, therefore I was left with no couch. I had to take time off from work a second time, to come in and pick out a different couch. I was also told that I would have help assembling the furniture since I live by myself and had no one to help. However, the gentlemen that brought the furniture left everything for me to do, even the big heavy bed.

There were a few items missing on delivery day, one of which they had left at the store for me to pick up. My question to the sales person was why would I have everything delivered except this one item? As a result, I had to come in a third time and bring the item home by myself. The other pieces, I was told I would receive within 2 weeks.The purchased date was late August and delivery date was September 20th. I have yet to see any of those items.

As a result, one of the items (an ottoman) has been discontinued and the floor model sold to another customer, and 2 lamps which were to arrive end of September are now arriving in December.
    I would like to ask you, why would I purchase a lamp that I would not receive immediately? Why would I pay for an item that I will not have for 3 months? The day I made the purchases, I was told that everything was available. I was told I would receive all items on my delivery date (September 20) On one occasion when I called to follow up on the status of the lamps I was told that my whole order was cancelled and there were no lamps scheduled for me. I spent more than 45 minutes, with a less than courteous customer service representative on the phone trying to locate my order.

My frustration, is that the same lamps I have purchased, are available in the stores as a floor model. I am willing to even take those floor models, since I am tired of carrying a flash light around my condo! But every time, the person on the other side of the phone, with great attitude informs me that it is against company policy to give floor models away. I am surprised that they are not willing to compromise once, in the name of customer service and customer retention!! At this point, not only am I missing an Ottoman, that no one has suggested to replace, but I'm missing 2 lamps.

I have no idea what to do...any suggestions?