Menu

complaints

The Brick Complaints Summary

419 Resolved
915 Unresolved
Our verdict: Engaging with The Brick, which has a below-average resolution rate, demands caution. Thoroughly assess their service reviews and explore how they handle unresolved complaints. If you encounter issues, document your experiences meticulously and be persistent in seeking resolutions.
File a complaint
Claimed
The Brick has claimed their business profile
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of The Brick. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages

The Brick complaints 1334

Sort by:

Newest The Brick complaints

9:11 pm EDT

The Brick Mattress

I'm five foot tall and I bought a mattress from the brick and the only thing that's wrong with it is the springs keep on popping when you sit down on it?

But noooo, they want me to pick up my mattress and take a tom of pictures if my Mattress like it's a [censored]ing model?

I'm five feet tall and they want me to pick up a goddamn mattress that's a queen size too SHOW THESE [censored] that my brand new springs are shot.

What a bunch of serious [censored] that they could be?

6:10 pm EDT
The Brick has left an official reply on this complaint.

The Brick Dining room chair bought online and picked up Wed. July 5/23.

Chair was bought online at The Brick in Lasalle, Quebec and picked up yesterday July 5/23. As soon as we brought it home, it was too short and it didn’t look good since our other dining chairs were much higher. So no use unwrapping the chair.

Today, July 6/23 : we brought the chair back in it’s original packaging for a refund to my credit card and I was told that they won’t give me the credit. I complained saying that online items only can be seen correctly when we physically see the item. After complaining, another customer service person said, seeing the chair was in it’s original packaging, ok I will give you only a store credit ….good for 2 yrs.

Chair was Santa Fe Rusticos Solid Pine Dining Chair at $179.00 plus taxes equal total of $205.81. Paid online with my master card.

Order Details:

Santa Fe Rusticos Solid Pine Dining Chair

$179.00

SKU VSN (Vendor Model Number)

SIL-20

*Mastercard

Date and Time

TUE 27-JUN-2023

***Pickup email sent dated July 5/23 ***

Desired outcome: I would like a full refund to my credit card not a store refund for $205.81.

Read full review of The Brick and 1 comment

1 comment
Anita D.
Lasalle, Qc, CA
Jul 09, 2023 8:23 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Hello Anita.

We are very sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with us and would be interested in looking further into this so we can offer our support on this matter. Please email reviews@thebrick.com and provide your Support Ticket #253673.

Thank you.

Reply: I will send an email to reviews@thebrick.com and see what kind of support you are speaking about.

Anita

10:28 am EDT

The Brick Order placed - wall oven

Good morning, My parents and I both went to place orders for our appliances. We were promised by the Vendor that we would receive our items within 2 weeks. We followed up a few times to see what would be the delivery date. They told us, sorry the manufacturer is delayed with order and you will receive only end of August. My parents oven at home is not working and my washer stopped working, hence why we needed our order quickly. We were desperate so they told us to choose something different so we can get our order quicker. Both my parents and myself had to pay additional fees of $300 to get our appliances. I finally got mine but my parents are still waiting for their Wall Oven even after paying the additional cost to speed things up. We keep getting the run around, "manufacturer is delayed" we will let you know when we get it.

I think the system is horrible and I question if this is their tactic to have consumers pay more. Please help!

Sincerely,

Mena Silletta [protected]@hotmail.com Tel [protected]

Desired outcome: I'd like for my parents to receive their Oven as well as a credit for having paid additional costs to get another model sooner.

6:45 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I purchased a Denver recliner chair on June 15, 2023 for $2199 and was delivered on June 22, 2013. Right after the delivery I phoned their customer service to report that the product that was delivered was not functioning properly. On June 27,2023 a technician came to checked and said the switch controller was broken and needed to be replaced. Their...

G
1:09 pm EDT

The Brick Sectional couch set

Purchased a sectional (close to $5000), our sales rep in store confidently sold us the additional $500 warranty stating this was a full coverage warranty for stains, rips, tears, scratches etc. we submitted a claim to utilize our warranty to replace a tear/rip in our sofa in which was denied. When requesting a refund for the warranty value as we are not able to utilize this additional feature - associates/managers at the store have denied this request and stated we have utilized our warranty by inquiring to utilize our warranty that being said we are not entitled to receiving a refund. When inquired about purchasing outright 3 times (due to our couch needing to be fixed) our request was and has been ignored.

Desired outcome: Full refund for additional warranty and an explanation on why we haven’t received an answer on our request to order parts.

G
8:14 pm EDT

The Brick Product still missing

Went to Brick at West Edmonton mall paid cash spent about 7000.00 all together. Salesman said he had my couch in pewter but only 1 piece than he said he did have it so I though all good. But.. they delivered wrong piece wrong color so they tried a second time delivered wrong color again. Finally supervisor called me said she would take care of it.. I called next week she said 2 days.

It's been over 2 weeks and nothing.

Still have only half my couch haven't heard a word from manager.

Desired outcome: I want to be compensated for my discomfort of sitting on half of a couch and the Brick waisting my time.

8:05 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On June 10th we had what we thought was a new couch with no damage. After delivery person left we noticed one of the back rest that folds up was missing zipper. Called store they first said they could do nothing and proceeded to tell me it shouldn't matter it's against the wall, it is infact not against a wall. Next they told me the could give me $ 50 store...

View 0 more photos
7:20 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On March 28th 2023 I bought a Charlie Chaise, total cost $660.96 which was delivered March 30th. Once delivered, it looked ok. As soon as I sat on it, I immediately slid to the right side. I thought the padding would adjust. As the days passed the situation got worse and the sitting became uncomfortable, the chaise was totally slope sided with a visible...

10:00 am EDT

The Brick My sectional

I bought a sectional on February 2022 in The Brick store Burlington Ontario paid $5000. I am not happy at all as I asked before buying the sectional and wanted a specific material that want be pilling. The worker lady that helped me told me this is the one also we will put protection on it. After 6 months I notice on the right side the spring poped and dented one side and it started pilling all over. Went couple times to the store and was told to call a number and they will send someone to look at it. Still waiting and sended an email but nothing.

Desired outcome: I would really appreciate if something can be done. Email adress is [protected]@hotmail.com phone # [protected]

12:26 pm EDT

The Brick Failed scheduled delivery

My elderly (86 years old) parents purchased 2 adjustable beds from the St. Catharines location of the Brick on Fourth Ave several weeks ago and were told that the beds, mattresses and free linens would be delivered the following Saturday. That delivery was cancelled because "certain items were not available in the warehouse". The delivery was rescheduled for today Saturday June 17th and confirmed on Friday June 16th via email for a delivery window of 10:40am-1:40pm. Their existing beds were sold and removed from the home early Saturday morning June 17th. A call was received from "Aiden" a younger female employee Just before 10am Saturday morning June 17th, who stated that because of a breakdown the delivery would not be made and that it would have to be rescheduled for the following week. I told her that was not an option as my parents were elderly, their existing beds had already been removed to make room for the new ones as per the Brick's instructions and that they had nowhere to sleep. Aiden's response was blunt, unapologetic and lacked any sort of sensitivity to the situation. I then called "Henry" the salesman who had sold the new bed sets to my parents. He said that he would see what he could do. After several calls he advised that the best he could do would be a delivery on Tuesday June 20th and then defended the poor customer service offered by his colleague Aiden.- Now I am left scrambling to try and find accommodation for two 86 year old seniors one of whom is in very poor health and who needs regular PSW care for the next 3 nights. I am a logistics manager and I know from experience that if they had seriously wanted to resolve this situation they could have. They admitted that they have 3 delivery vehicles and that the 2 that were not "broken" would return to the warehouse by 7pm at the latest today. Therefore why not offer a little overtime to those delivery crews and have them take out one more delivery, given the desperate circumstance that this has left 2 very vulnerable customers in? Unacceptable!

Desired outcome: A delivery of these items later today or compensation for the time and expense incurred as a result of this huge inconvenience.

F
1:20 am EDT

The Brick Rip off and deceptive policy

I ordered fridge from brick and got it delivered to my home. Delivery man came opened the boxed and left . We realized that fridge was no fit and we want to exchange this. We went to store and talk to them manager was not there and staff told us that as box has been opened so they can’t exchange that . They advice us to return back after 2 days to meet manager. We went there today manager didn’t bother to meet us and kept us waiting for 2 hours and told the staff that they don’t want to exchange that as box has been removed. Manager didn’t even bother to meet us.I bought the fridge paid the brick for the delivery their delivery guy came and opened the box. At time of selling no one told us that if box will be opened we can’t exchange/ return that. They claim to be 100% satisfactory services. When actually there managers and staff are too rude to answer your questions and treat you like garbage. I issued the complain talk to the tons of customer support people and all of them said it’s only manager decision that matters. My ticket number is 247548

Desired outcome: 3025 Ridgeway Dr, Mississauga, ON L5L 5P8

Update by Faria u
Jun 15, 2023 2:37 am EDT

I ordered fridge from brick and got it delivered to my home. Delivery man came opened the boxed and left. We realized that fridge was no fit and we want to exchange this. We went to the store staff told us that as box has been opened so they can’t exchange that. Fridge is still in the original form only box is opened which is opened by delivery guys not us.According to brick staff it’s their policy to open the box at time of delivery and they don’t return the open box products. how is this fair with customers? We are buying from you and paying for the delivery and brick delivery guy is opening box now they are blaming customers. They have unfair rip off policies. At time of selling no one told us that if box will be opened we can’t exchange/ return that. They claim to be 100% satisfactory services. When actually there managers and staff are too rude to answer your questions and treat you like garbage. I issued the complain talk to the tons of customer support people and all of them said it’s only manager decision that matters and store manager is only communicating with us through their staff. He didn’t bother to meet us and keep us waiting for 2 hours. My ticket number is 247548

S
11:35 am EDT

The Brick Dining chairs

I had 6 dining chairs delivered on June 7th by The Brick (3025 Ridgeway Drive, Mississauga, ON, L5l 5P8). The order number was 06013H3XACU.

The delivery people dumped 3 sealed cardboard boxes containing two chairs each and left. When I opened the box it contained parts of the chair like the seat, the back, the legs along with the screws to assemble it.

When I bought the chair I was not informed that the chairs would be delivered not assembled otherwise I would not have bought the chairs.

I paid a handyman $90 to come to my house to assemble the chairs.

This morning I called The Brick to speak to the store manager but she chose not to take my call and I was asked to leave a message which I did.

I want The Brick to reimburse me for the $90 which I spent to get the chairs assembled. If I could assemble the chairs myself I would have placed my order with Amazon and not The Brick.

Sunil Bhushan

[protected]

Desired outcome: Reimbursement of $90 which I paid to get the chairs assembled.

7:29 pm EDT

The Brick Misleading information, unsatisfying customer service

I purchased a portable AC yesterday (6-June) at the Brick in Marche Central Montreal. We called first to check if the item we saw online is available and the salesperson named Abdullah Haffar assists us in the store, offered a different and more expensive item without physically seeing the item. We were advised to wait in the parking to get the item and we're surprised that it's big and worried it might not fit in the car. We thought, maybe it's just the box with all the styrofoam. We need to open the box when we got home and realized its not going to fit in my room, so we decided to bring it back in the store the very next day (purchased less than 24hrs) but when we spoke with the supervisor named Djeemetry, he refused to take the item back because he said the box has been opened already. Without considering what happened with the sale, and that the item is too big he didn't gave any other options, just a straight rejection to get a different item that we can actually use or even process a refund. I am so disappointed for wasting my money and not even satisfied with the item as well with the customer service of that store.

Desired outcome: Please refund, we brought the item back in good condition. put it back in box carry it to the car even if it's so heavy. Or if refund is not possible I would like a smaller AC that I can actually use in my room.

C
3:56 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Five years ago, I bought an LG refrigerator from BRICK and purchased a 4-year extended warranty. When I bought the extended insurance, they told me that if the refrigerator couldn't be repaired, they would replace it for free. Now, the insurance is about to expire in three months. Last month, the refrigerator broke down, and the repair technician said that...

View 0 more photos
10:04 pm EDT

The Brick Repair on 75” sony tv

I am helping my parents file a complaint about warranty service from the bricks. My parent’s tv stopped working so they called the bricks for warranty. It was a long process and run around but to cut it short, it took 37 days to be exact for the repair company to pick up the tv including delays such as cancellation of scheduled pick up.

The tv was mounted to the wall. When the repair guys came to pick up the tv, they took down the tv no problem, no hesitation, no warning that we will have to put it back ourselves once it’s delivered back to us. One of the guys even took pictures of the connections before taking the tv down. “oh wait a second, let me take pictures to be sure” he says. So that too left an impression that they will be putting it back up.

FYI, my mother is on disability, and my father has a frozen shoulder. They are also approaching seniority. Language barrier is also an issue hence they did not get to argue with repair company to put it back on the wall rather than leaving it on floor.

Today, I came to their place to see their TV on the floor. I was furious! TV is a big part of their leisure and they haven’t had it for over a month! So I called the bricks pitt meadows BC to explain the situation. Amanda (staff), insisted that installing the tv back is not in repair company’s scope. She also said they shouldn’t have taken it down themselves. Even after expressing the situation and the disappointment, she concluded that it’s $199 to re-install the tv back to the wall and that there’s nothing they can do about it.

FYI, when the repair guys came to check the tv before scheduling a pick up on it, the repair guy said the brand is hard to handle and could be a hit and miss with repair.and it could take couple of weeks for repair. Because of that, my mother was reluctant to surrender it for repair and asked for replacement instead. The repair man said that it’s up to the bricks. So my mother called the bricks and relayed the information and the staff was confused as to why the repair company needs to pick up the tv. They said they would call my mother but no calls received until they just pick up the tv.

The tv warranty is coming up to an end pretty soon. The tv us here but how are we supposed to find out if it actually is fixed without being able to install it to the wall to be connected to power? What if it breaks down for the same reason after the warranty runs out…

I feel there isn’t enough communication made and proper information relayed for the process. Otherwise we could’ve prepared for this rather than being frustrated and furious!

This is just disappointing and frustrating from start to finish! Never buying anything from them again!

Desired outcome: Just a simple courtesy to mount the tv they removed from the wall!

K
3:10 pm EDT

The Brick Staff

I am writing this complaint on behalf of my employee/friend. He was interviewed at your Fredericton, New Brunswick branch in the Regent Mall. The job was for a salesperson. The lady who interviewed him told me her name was Cassi or Cassy. I don't know how she spells her name. She asked him, "What do you know about TVs" He replied, "I think I know them a fair bit" She then asked him a question, and when he didn't know the answer, she was rude and called him a liar. She didn't use the word liar, but it felt like she did.

My employee doesn't have the heart to make the complaint himself due to the extreme depression and anxiety he has. If this is the kind of manager you hire at your locations, I am scared to know what others are like.

He almost had an anxiety attack from this. He should report this to his lawyer.

If you need his name and other info, I will ask him if I can provide it. This should be dealt with asap if you care about the image of your company.

1:29 am EDT

The Brick Repair on a Bosch refrigerator

Bought an expensive fridge three years ago (Bosch). Thought I was getting a good deal at the Brick. Last year the fridge broke down and the food in it was freezing and the ice maker was not working. The Brick took quite a while to respond and send a tech over to fix it. The fix only lasted a while and the same problems started happening. I am still waiting for it to be fully fixed. The Brick has used various excuses to avoid honouring their extended warranty. Buying appliances at the Brick is definitely not worth the bother . Awful customer service.

Desired outcome: Have the fan that is not working installed by the Brick's technician to honour the extended warranty

5:18 pm EDT

The Brick A couch that was suppose to be delivered May 30, 2023

Purchased a couch online and the delivery date was to be May 30th 2023! Called the number on our receipt to find out that only half of the couch was available so it will now be delayed 3weeks and won’t be delivered! On my receipt it specifically says that some one will contact us a few days before delivery and we never heard from the store! We of course were prepared for the new couch to arrive so we disposed of our old couch because my husband has to go for a total knee replacement and wanted to get everything ready for the new couch! He will rely on the couch for safe propping up of his leg after surgery with the recliner! I had asked the manager from the Ponoka store if we could get the pieces available delivered asap so we have something for him to rest on and he said that I would have to pay for two different deliveries! Doesn’t sound like a me problem sounds like The Bricks problem! Highly disappointed in how this is being dealt with and will not be dealing with this company again! If someone would have contacted us to tell us about the delay we would not have disposed of our old couches so we had something to sit on! Ben from the Ponoka store said there was nothing they could do and would not do a complimentary shipping of the unavailable pieces. My email [protected]@telus.net

Desired outcome: I asked for the delivery of the three pieces available to be shipped asap so we had something to sit on and then on the Bricks dime they could kindly bring the other three pieces when available!

3:55 pm EDT

The Brick Sectional worth 6000$

I was asked to follow up using the support ticket id #239607.

My previous request was closed by mistake

Please see below request below. ( Store response in email below)

Please note we purchased this sectional worth $5-6k only 4-5 months ago, which means it is still under manufacturers warranty plus we purchased extra warranty 700$ worth.

This sectional already has holes all over the sectional and cloth is coming with lint all over. IT IS WASTE OF MONEY AND HASSLE SINCE WE BOUGHT IT. Please review the defects and consider that things purchased from this big retailer (the brick) are not expected to tear apart and rip in 4 months of purchase

Please let us know next steps. Before we can move to consumer board and other complaints forward.

We are only asking for replacement not money back as it is coming apart within 4 months of purchase and is not usable

Thanks

Juhita

Desired outcome: Replace the sectional as it was just purchased few months ago

10:44 am EDT

The Brick Fraud

Subject: Complaint regarding fraudulent and deceptive practices and poor quality of sectional couch

Dear Customer Service Department,

I hope this letter finds you well. I am writing to express my deep dissatisfaction with the recent purchase of a sectional couch from your store. The entire experience, from the misleading sales tactics to the poor quality of the product, has left me extremely disappointed and frustrated.

To begin with, the salesperson who approached me during my visit to The Brick presented the sectional couch as a great deal due to the need for space for new inventory. However, upon closer inspection of the receipt, I discovered that the couch was marked "as is," a crucial detail that was not explicitly pointed out to me during the sales process. This omission raises serious concerns about the integrity and transparency of your sales staff. I find it deeply unsettling that the phrase "as is" was surreptitiously included in the contract without my explicit knowledge, leading me to sign it unknowingly and under false pretenses. This deceptive practice puts the onus on the customer to bear the consequences of any pre-existing issues with the product. I believe it is both unethical and unfair for your company to disclaim responsibility for the poor quality of the sectional couch by hiding behind the "as is" condition, which was deliberately kept hidden from me.

Upon bringing the couch home and assembling it, I encountered multiple issues that indicate a lack of quality control. Firstly, the triangular-shaped fasteners on the back pieces, which are crucial for stability, were bent and scratched. This resulted in one piece not being able to lock into place at all, compromising the structural integrity of the couch. I had to resort to flipping the couch over, removing the underlay, and using a large bolt to make it stay in place.

Furthermore, upon flipping the couch, I discovered old holes where the legs were previously screwed in. Shockingly, one leg was missing entirely, causing one side of the couch to sag and preventing the two sections from securely locking together. As a result, the couch slides apart whenever someone sits on it, posing a safety hazard and rendering it unusable as intended.

What exacerbates the situation is the timing of your recent promotional offer. Just one week after my purchase, I received a flyer advertising a sale with no tax and 36 months of interest-free financing. It is deeply disappointing and disheartening to discover that your company failed to inform me about this promotion beforehand, despite the fact that I had just made a significant purchase. This lack of communication further erodes my trust in The Brick as a reputable establishment.

I expect immediate action to rectify this situation and provide a suitable resolution. I would like the following steps to be taken:

Replacement or repair: I request that you replace the damaged and defective parts of the sectional couch promptly or arrange for a professional repair service at no additional cost to me. This includes providing new fasteners, addressing the missing leg, and ensuring proper alignment and stability of the couch.

Refund or compensation: Considering the misleading sales tactics, substandard quality, and the recent promotional offer, I request a partial refund or appropriate compensation for the inconvenience, time wasted, and the need to address these issues myself.

Better communication: I strongly urge you to improve your communication practices to ensure that customers are informed about upcoming sales and promotions, especially if they have made recent purchases.

I trust that you will take my concerns seriously and take swift action to resolve

Hide full review
How to file a complaint about The Brick?

1. Log in or create an account: To begin, please ensure you are logged into your ComplaintsBoard.com account. If you do not have an account, you will need to create one by clicking on the 'Sign Up' option and following the registration process.

2. Navigating to the complaint form: Once logged in, locate the 'File a Complaint' button situated at the top right corner of the website and click on it to access the complaint form.

3. Writing the title: In the 'Complaint Title' field, concisely summarize the main issue you have encountered with The Brick. Make it specific and clear, such as "Defective Sofa Delivered by The Brick" or "Poor Customer Service at The Brick Store."

4. Detailing the experience: In the complaint description, provide a detailed account of your experience. Mention key areas such as product quality, customer service, delivery, warranty, and after-sales support. Include specifics about any transactions you had with The Brick, the nature of the issue, and any steps you took to resolve it, including interactions with the company's customer service. Describe how the issue has personally affected you, whether it's through inconvenience, financial loss, or other impacts.

5. Attaching supporting documents: Attach any relevant documents that support your complaint, such as receipts, emails, or photos. However, be cautious not to include sensitive personal information that could compromise your privacy or security.

6. Filling optional fields: Use the 'Claimed Loss' field to indicate any financial losses you have incurred due to the issue. In the 'Desired Outcome' field, clearly state what resolution you are seeking from The Brick, whether it's a refund, exchange, repair, or an apology.

7. Review before submission: Carefully review your complaint or review to ensure that it is clear, accurate, and complete. Check for any spelling or grammatical errors, and verify that all the information provided is correct.

8. Submission process: After reviewing, click the 'Submit' button to file your complaint or review. Ensure that you have filled in all the required fields and attached any supporting documents before submitting.

9. Post-Submission Actions: After submitting your complaint or review, make sure to regularly check back on ComplaintsBoard.com for any responses or updates. You may receive feedback from The Brick or from other users who have had similar experiences.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

The Brick contacts