Menu
reviews & complaints
The Brick company logo

The Brick

2999 Grandview Hwy, Vancouver, BC, V5M 2E4, CA
Learn how the rating is calculated
2 complaints
File a complaint Write a review
Category
S
2:47 pm EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Replied
The Brick has left an official reply on this complaint.

The Brick - Leather Recliner

Hi,

I bought this in 2021 a leather recliner and here is what happened

1)3 years 3 times same issue same place taking a few months to resolve even after purchasing a warranty.IT took 2-3 months to repair due to the first engineer's inspection, then a part order for another 2 months the engineer came again to fix it almost we were without our recliner for a couple of weeks.

This time it was stuck open in a dangerous position in our living room and could not be closed with metal rods out in our small living room.

Despite several requests for 2 weeks to mark urgent as we have seniors and kids in our home but no response from them for the past 2 weeks.Now we got an injury due to those metal parts coming out and still they are not doing anything.

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified The Brick representatives only. If you are affiliated with The Brick, please claim your business to access these details.

Read full review of The Brick

This complaint has been resolved automatically due to user's inactivity.

Hide full review
ComplaintsBoard
B
11:30 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

The Brick - refund and unethical behavior

I purchased my bed on August 20, 2019.
The invoice number is: 082092V8677. I paid $1, 118.82.
My bed was delivered on September 1, 2019

Within 3 days, I realized the bed is not right for me, and I let your staff know right away that I cannot sleep on this bed at all anymore. I have a disability, and this bed is not helping, but rather is making a negative impact to my injuries. It is extremely uncomfortable, and I am having sleepless nights.

When I called your store after just a few days, your customer service and the store manager call me back several times, all giving me different information regarding exchange/return/warranty. Further, the staff and store manager are rude to me, and this is unacceptable.

I am requesting a full refund. I do not want to deal with the Vancouver staff any more, as they have been rude and insulting to me since I complained the bed is not working for me. For example, during one particular phone call, the staff member told me it's unnecessary for me to call the store, and "if I was smart like other people, I would use my smartphone and find the warranty information." I was very upset after this call, and I cannot tolerate their bullying behavior.

I will be happy to pay the drivers to pick up this bed, as I am completely dissatisfied with the bed and my experience at The Brick. I just want my money back, and be done with it. I will be seeing my doctor this week, who has agreed to provide me with a letter of support on this matter regarding my disability if you need a copy.

Please contact me at your earliest convenience to arrange for my refund.

Read full review of The Brick
Sep 08, 2019 6:56 pm EDT

Fantastic news! The Brick just called, and they will give me a full refund! :)

Sep 08, 2019 6:17 pm EDT

Why are you doing this under a fake name? You must be sick. I'm reporting this to the admin and police if necessary. Screenshot taken. I thought this was a safe place to voice concerns.

Sep 08, 2019 2:09 pm EDT

Gosh, are you a Brick employee? I was not "annoying" I was simply trying to have my purchase issue resolved. It's a normal, every day occurrence. I only came on www.complaintsboard.com to try and have my issue resolved, not to argue with a random stranger. I'm kindly requesting you please leave me alone. Thanks.

After sending the store another email outlining exactly what the problem was, and how I wished it to be resolved, The Brick management agreed to give me a full refund. If you have a valid complaint while it's a headache, don't give up. Sometimes things do work out :)

Hide full review