Whirlpool

+86 216 169 2999(Asia) 2 1
+55 113 566 1000(Latin America) 2 1
North America
600 West Main St., Benton Harbor, MI, 49022-2692

Europe, Middle East And Africa (EMEA)
Via Carlo Pisacane, 1, 20016 Pero (MI), Italy

Asia
Building 8, № 1888, Xinjinqiao Road, Jinqiao Export Processing Zone, Pudong, Shanghai 201206, P.R.C.

Latin America
Av. das Nações Unidas, 12.995, 32° andar, CEP 04578-000 São Paulo, SP, Brazil

Complaints & Reviews

washer — front panel starting to rust

I purchased a whirlpool washer /dryer in 2017 and last summer noticed the washer was starting to rust on the front panel. I had purchased a 5 year additional warranty on the product but neither Lowes nor Whirlpool say that the rust is covered by the extended warranty. Now I'm told that I have to pay someone to come look at the rust and pay to have it repaired. Considering the product was 2yrs after purchase when the rust started I find it hard to believe that is acceptable for any indoor appliance.

I think that Whirlpool should either pay to repair the appliance or provide a replacement part for installation.

front panel starting to rust

• Whirlpool's response · Mar 18, 2020

We are constantly working to improve our appliances and our service, and it is only through feedback from customers like you that we are able to do so. We have documented all of the concerns you have mentioned, for review by our managers and engineers. Our managers and engineers do regularly review our files, to look for areas in which we can improve our products. We know that can be disheartening; especially when you have just purchased a new and you have high expectations for it. We’re sorry that we are not meeting/delivering these expectations.

Whirlpool microwave model #WMH32517AT-0

The door of our microwave is cracked in two places, one crack goes all the way through the plastic. The microwave is an over the range microwave. I worry that pieces will fall off and damage the range below. Also, the door is biscuit colored and difficult to find. We had this same problem with our last whirlpool microwave, and replaced it; hoping that the company had corrected this design flaw; but this diir is more damaged than our old one.

Whirlpool microwave model #WMH32517AT-0

• Whirlpool's response · Mar 18, 2020

We value your time and would like to look into the concerns with your appliance. Please reach out to us directly at 1-800-253-1301, via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/whirlpoolusa or Twitter @WhirlpoolCare. We’re looking forward to hearing from you.

Whirlpool CorporationRefrigerator is a lemon

We purchased a five drawer whirlpool refrigerator for over $3000 from Lowe's 2016 and bought an extended warranty . It has flooded our house more than once and has been repaired more times than I can count. I have contacted whirlpool numerous times and I have contacted AIG the warranty company numerous times and still I have this piece of junk our house. At what point in time do you consider this Refridgerator a lemon? They all say I'm sorry but do nothing but repair, repair, repair I was told they would do nothing about our house being flooded from this leaking refrigerator... call your own insurance 😡. Our kitchen floors, walls were soaked, our basement walls, floor and ceiling were soaked... can you say MOLD!!! I have tried to talk with the CEO and was told he is too busy to talk with a consumer... really? I work for HCA and the CEO of this worldwide corporation is more than happy to talk with the " little people" as we are the consumers of his product! Whirlpool is terrible!!!

• Whirlpool's response · Mar 18, 2020

We are very sorry for the continued frustrations with your appliance, . Unfortunately, we are unable to provide you with any additional support. Any further concerns would need to be addressed through your Extended Service Plan Provider.

Whirlpool CorporationSide by side Refrigerator 21 cu ft. SXS WRS321SDH

Purchased 3 appliances at Lowe's 3/3/20
Received refrigerator #1 on 3/5/20. Noticeable were dented door and side of refrigerator.
Received refrigerator #2 on 3/7/20 Noticeable were 2 dents on the door plus this refrigerator does not work. Has been running for 24 hours and the inside both the freezer and refrigerator are room temperature. Awaiting refrigerator #3 to be delivered 3/11/20.

We fear more trouble and are sorry we picked Whirlpool as our choice for appliances. We currently sit without refrigeration for 4 because your appliances arrive dented or inoperable. Not to mention the inconvenience of constant loading and unloading our food in an attempt to keep it from spoiling.

Whirlpool Corporationgas range Model weg745h0fs0 series R81575131

I purchased this range approx. 2 years ago and have only been using it moderately for 1.5 years, household of one person.

The appliance flashed message F2E1, stuck/shorted key. I had the local appliance repair send someone out and he told me the entire electronic panel needs to be replaced and the part is priced at more than $450. My reaction was shock and dismay. I bought an American made appliance and this happens.

I am wondering if this is a common problem with this model and what you can do to assist me in this situation. I can supply the receipt.

I appreciate your assistance.

Mary C. Burnett
[protected]@juno.com

• Mr
    Mr. Helpful Mar 03, 2020

Hi Ms. Burnett.

It's not a common problem but, as with anything, it can happen.

As with most appliances, Whirlpool supplies a one year-limited warranty on their products. However, if you'll start by contacting the retailer you purchased the unit though, many offer extended warranty programs that will cover such a problem.

Please let us know what happens when you do contact them.

Thank you.

Whirlpool Corporationoven

Good day

Kindly advise me on a major issue I am having with whirlpool south africa

I purchased a whirlpool oven model AKG659 /IX/02 about four years ago

I recently discovered that the selector switch has burnt out and needs to be replaced

After contacting whirlpool South Africa I was told that the selector switch spare part is obsolete and there is no replacement

To my surprise I was even told that nothing can be done

I am very upset and disappointed that a very recent model oven only four years old does not have any spare part and backup spares

I've spent a considerable amount off money on all my whirlpool appliances, never had a service problem before, but on this occasion I raise my concern to you at headoffice to please assist me as the south African office has very poor customer service and are of no help. I spoke to Mr gansen govender who is a Customer service executive, but he was very rude and offered no assistance in fact making me feel as if I was at fault for whirlpool not having backup spares for a fairly recent oven model sold to me

I would really appreciate if you could look into this matter and at least get me a replacement part or a replacement oven or some type off recompensation to the oven only four years old sold to me and not been told that there will not be spares within four years

Your assistance with this enquiry will be duly appreciated

[Resolved] Whirlpool Corporationside by side refrigerator/freezer

Our Whirlpool appliance is just slightly more than four years old. Unfortunately the ice maker stopped working several months ago. We finally decided to hire a licensed repairman to fix it. Well after four hours of attempting to do so he gave up stating that it was a design flaw in the wiring at the bottom of the Freezer. Apparently there were nine wires that were cracked or severed which several things including the ice maker.

We paid him $159 dollars for his time but because the wires are aluminum he was unable to even solder them together.

It was suggested to call you and see if we can get some satisfaction to repair this. He said the only solution was to buy a new door. Well, the new door would cost more than the original purchase of the appliance. Everything else works good with the exception of the ice maker.

We would like help in rectifying the problem. This is our 3rd Whirlpool appliance, one being a side by side Refrigerator that last 15 years.

We don't have the funds to replace the door and we were hoping that Whirlpool would help us out. We are two senior citizens with no children in the house and would like your help.

Sincerely,

Richard and Yvonne Odegaard

• Updated by Richard Odegaard · Feb 12, 2020

We have a 4 year old Whirlpool Refrigeration/Freezer. The Ice maker stopped working several months ago. However, we would like to get it repaired. We had a service rep from a local appliance repair company look at the problem, attempted to fix it but was unable to. It cost us $159.00 for his time.

He stated that the design of the wiring at the bottom of the freezer was the problem. Because the wires are Aluminum he was unable to solder them.

He suggested we call you and get some help with the repair. He said to fix it might require a whole new door. Well, we're not paying $1300 for a door for an average refrigerator/freezer.

This is our second Whirlpool and the last one lasted 15 years. We are senior citizens, no children, and we would like some assistance in repairing this problem.

I hope I hear from someone soon. Apparently the wires at the bottom of the freezer side were cracked and therefore inoperable.

Please help. We live on a fixed income and need your assistance.

My phone number is 951-271-6034. I await your response.

Richard and Yvonne Odegaard
    9 Pine Via
    Anaheim, CA 92801

• Whirlpool's response · Feb 13, 2020

Hey Richard, we value your time and would like to look into the concerns with your appliance. Please reach out to us directly at 1-800-253-1301, via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/whirlpoolusa or Twitter @WhirlpoolCare. We’re looking forward to hearing from you.

[Resolved] Whirlpool Corporationextended warranty

I purchased the 5 year extended warranty from this company when my orignial manufactureres warranty expired on my washing machine. Well, my washing machine broke a couple of weeks ago. Whirlpool sent out a techniciam to see what the issues were and I was told that the repair would not be cost effective - that the part would be $800.00 and the service to fix it would be over $150.00 and therefore, the cost would be more than the $300 they allotted for repairs. WIth that being said, Whirlpool offered a buyout of my extended warrantyl however, they are only giving me 75% of the value of what I actually paid for the warranty and I am out a washing machine that could be fixed. How does a company get away with offering a warranty and then not honoring the warranty? There was no where in the paperwork that stated that the there was a maximum fixable amount. I never would have purchased the extended warranty from them had I known this!!! I want them to cover the cost of the machine to fix it! Not give me a "refund" that doesn't even cover what I paid.

• Whirlpool's response · Feb 12, 2020

Hello J Hills! In purchasing extended service coverage from a third - party administrator, you are contracting with and delegating authority to that provider to administer service and/or maintenance for your appliance in lieu of the manufacturer.

Any decisions made by an extended service plan provider, in regard to continued repair of your product versus replacement or reimbursement, or in regard to the service provider used to perform appliance repairs, are at the sole discretion of that service plan administrator. Whirlpool has no jurisdiction over your service plan or its administrator.
    Your comments have been documented in your customer file and are available for review should you need to contact Whirlpool at a future date. However, in regard to resolving your current appliance concern, we must refer you to your service plan administrator for further assistance.

The extended service company should be abiding by the terms and conditions of your extended warranty. You will want to review your contact and discuss your options further with the plan administrator that holds your contract as they will be able to provide you with the best assistance possible. We apologize greatly for any inconvenience this may have caused. Whirlpool Digital Care

Whirlpool Corporation6.5 kg fully-automatic top loading washing

HI

Completely unsatisfied with the quality of washing of clothes of this machine.
From the day 1 only, While washing clothes, they become more dirty than before washing.
Raised complaint many times but no solution is provided. Recently last 20 days ago raised complaint (Service requset no. FA210120684861) to customer care. Er visited, I told him to wash clothes in front of us, but he did not & said machine is ok.
But the problem persists same.

I am fed of whirlpool machine, Please provide the solution.

• Mi
    mickie3733 Feb 17, 2020

I am sooo sorry that I got rid of my 35 year old Kenmore washing machine(rust and all) for this horrible, expensive Whirlpool washing machine. After 6 months, I am finding that I am soaking and washing clothes by hand before putting in this do-nothing top loader. Can't open lid to see what it is (not) doing to clean clothes. What is my recourse?

[Resolved] Whirlpool Corporationbrand new washing machine leaks

I purchased a Whirlpool washing machine FWG81284W in Belgrade, Serbia on 31 January. It was delivered few days later and the first time we washed the laundry at 60 degrees it started leaking.

We informed the service Beotronic via emailand they directed us to contact the company in Svilajnac. The problems started when Svilanac service manager sent as an anuthorized/ un certified mechanic without any work order. This person did not know how to open the lower front panel on the washing machine. In this way, our property was put at risk of incompetent operation.

I phoned this Svilajnac service manager and told him that I do not accept any unauthorized/uncertified personnel. However, he phoned again to inform us that he was going to send some mechanics from the town where I live - again unauthorized/ uncertified Whirlpool mechanics.

I hereby complain because of the serious violation of Guaranty list that states that I em entitled to an authorized / certified mechanics to operate my unit.

I hope that you can maintain the high level of your services in Serbia and help me solve the problem with the compromised unit being faulty from the beginning.

I am looking forward to your reply,

Best regards,
Vladimir Stojanovic
vladimir032stojanovicvgmail.com

• Whirlpool's response · Feb 11, 2020

We are terribly sorry to hear of your concern. Unfortunately, since you are located outside the USA you would need to speak with a representative in your region for further assistance.

Whirlpool Corporationwtw5000dw3 unsatisfactory

I purchased a new washing machine in November 2019 Model # WTW5000DW3 I am not at all happy with this machine. It take 3 times the amount of time to do a load of laundry and often have to do an additional spin and drain because the load is still very wet. It is not at all energy efficient because it take 3 time the electricity and longer for my dryer to dry the clothes that do not spin out well.

Whirlpool Corporationwhirlpool washer - had for 4 months & broken - no resolution to date

Purchased a Whirlpool Washer & Dryer set from Costco Canada and received the units the end of August 2019. The Washer stopped working on Dec 20, 2019 after only 4 months. Could not get service until Dec 30th. A service tech visited and could not determine the issue & said he had to talk to an engineer. After our repeated phone calls to Whirlpool customer service, they determined we needed a new motor for the washer we have owned for 4 months. Had to wait another 3 wks from first service to replace the motor. Had the second service on Jan 21, 2020 and the service tech installed the new motor. This DID NOT solve the issue and the service tech was at a loss on what to do next. After our numerous & repeated calls to Whirlpool customer service (explaining the situation over & over), it was determined that Whirlpool would offer a "exchange". Not sure what "exchange" means but we now have to wait 7-10 business days for someone from Whirlpool to call us back for next steps. As of today (Jan 30, 2020), we have been without a washer for 41 DAYS with no resolution in sight. How long is a reasonable time that Whirlpool expects their customers to do without a washer (that is only 4 months old). It appears at this time it could be up to 60 days without a washer. This is totally unacceptable. We previously had a Whirlpool Duet Washer & Dryer set for 15 yrs with no issues at all. We also have top of the line Jenn Air appliance - Fridge, Range & Dishwasher that will need replacing in the foreseeable future and based on this experience, we will have to think very hard if we want to purchase any more applicance from this company. We need help to solve this issue asap.

[Resolved] Whirlpool Corporationrefrigerator

My unit is broken:
Initial complaint was made on 1/14 a technician came out immediately - on 1/15. He was unqualified for the job. He then went back and waited a week to order a dye kit that should have been on his truck. The dye kit kit came in and was installed on 1/21. The unit was making cold air and keeping a cold temperature for 3 days. Technician returned on 1/27 and found unit to have a leak in door seal and considered the unit unfixable. At this time we called the company to proceed with a replacement. After being on hold for 45 minutes we were shuffled around through departments for a total time of 1.75 hours. The resolution being: they will put in a claim and process it over 10 - 14 days before we would get a visa debit card. This is unacceptable. Poor business! I have been without a refrigerator for 2 weeks at this point and now you are telling me that I must wait 2 weeks before I can purchase another. And to top it off it is a special order refrigerator that takes time to order. And who knows how long until it is delivered. And they are sticking me with the problem of discarding your malfunctioning product.

The reference # for this product is #[protected] claim # [protected]
The claims person will not offer any resolution information via email to commit to specific information. She will only send and email after we agree to the terms of what she says, but again - she wont commit to us via email prior so that we can make sure of the terms

We purchased our extended warranty from whirlpool expecting that whirlpool would stand up for its products. Never before have we had such and issue with a whirlpool product. This unit has had an issue with an electrical board and now with the coolant system. Clearly this product has manufacturer's issues. It is a lemon!.
I do not feel that I should be left without a refrigerator for such an extended period. I have been very patient through this entire situation, until now; and noone is offering an acceptable compromise.

I was told that my unit was not fixable and needed to be replaced: offering me 75% of the total and offering no assist to remove or replace this one is not replacing it!.

And now I want replacement of all the food that was lost throughout the ordeal as well! But noone will tell me how to make a claim for that.

Shame on you whirlpool!. I purchased and extended warranty from you and you are not making good on your product.

Maytag admin Jan 28, 2020

Whirlpool Corporationwhirlpool cooktop

Hello
I bought a whirlpool stove on Nov 3, 2019. On Jan 5, 2020 I heard a crack sound when I opened the oven to bake an item. Once the item was ready I could close it with great difficulty. Next day on Jan 6th I contacted the rep Thru whom I had bought the stove who wanted to see the pictures of the hinges as one was on the verge of falling off. And it did snap on the right side it could have been detrimental as both myself and my husband were standing right there.
Upon reaching out to the rep once again he coolly responded that this could be physical Damage ... really who would dig their fingers in a tiny space and break a hinge!!!
When I contacted whirlpool the rep who made arrangements for a tech to come and visit on Friday Jan 10, 2020 said that the tech will decide if it is within warranty and not broken due to negligence. I have owned three stoves and have never had a single problem looks like it was a sting decision to buy a whirlpool stove. This same place sold a crappy stove to one of our friends and they too had gone through this same experience whets y the door had fallen off. They were not charged a penny but the tech did a great job as the company booked their service call but are not doing the same for me who is also their customer
I am frustrated with the way this genuine complaint is being handled as I've read and heard about these crappy doors falling off
I will go to do the TV channels to show them
How whirlpool discriminates amongst their customers and doesn't treat all fairly
I do not wish to pay a penny for factory faulty hinges
Please make sure this is resolved to my satisfaction and my faith is restored in whirlpool
Thanks

• Ka
    Kathleen Butts Jan 23, 2020

Same thing happened to my NEW Whirpool stove in Nov. 2019. However, it was just 2 days before Thanksgiving and I expected to cook for 30 people Thanksgiving Day. We live 60 miles from a Whirlpool service and knew it would take 2 plus weeks to get someone out to fix it. My husband took off the door, ordered the part, paid over-night shipping, and fixed the door. I ask Whirlpool to pay for the part only, and of course they refused saying "we did not follow service warranty procedure". I had the prior Whirlpool stove for 28 years with no problem. Boy am I disappointed with this stove, and with Whirlpool's crappy warranty. The stove seems to be made out of the cheapest metal available. I will not be seeking out other Whirlpool appliances knowing there is no service behind it.

[Resolved] Whirlpool Corporationwhirlpool side by side refrigerator

I want to tell you how I dislike this refrigerator, learn not to by in a hurry, There is very little space in it, the shelves are spaced where very few things can be put in them and they can not be adjusted, , the vent in the freezer keeps dropping. if something is against the wall next to the freezer, it will start to freeze, being seniors on limited income I can not afford to buy another one, i do not like your product and if I could find a buyer it would be out of here, Lesson learned, no more whilpools, and that is what I tell people that ask me how I like it.
bought in Sept. model # WRS588FIHZ00, serial # HR93338693
Jean Hill
[protected]@gmail.com

• Whirlpool's response · Jan 06, 2020

Hey N Jean hill, we value your time and would like to look into the concerns with your Whirlpool® Refrigerator. Please reach out to us directly at 1-800-253-1301, via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/whirlpoolusa/ or Twitter @WhirlpoolCare. We’re looking forward to hearing from you.

• De
    Delta johnson Jan 13, 2020

Just bought a new fridge.. don’t think the consumer doesn’t see how much you have “cheapened” a perfectly good fridge.. i bought the same fridge because it fits in my space and the new one is SO cheap! plastic is thinner.. shelves aren’t adjustable .. you took out a drawer completely!!! I had three now it’s two!! just awful .. shelves sit on a molding (which if damaged fridge is useless)instead of metal strips.. the freezer ice maker motor is not in the door anymore now it’s on the top shelf of the freezer!!! Takes up my space! The shelves in the doors are thinner plastic with no reinforcing trim and won’t last.. very disappointed!

[Resolved] Whirlpool Corporationwhirlpool air conditioner

Dear Sir,

Sincerely hoping that this communications will make a difference.

We have registered and called your Whirlpool for a repair help for our Whirlpool Split Air-conditioner which is fairly new (a couple of years old and hardly used) . Our Location is Thiruvalla (Kerala) and despite a number of follow-ups there is absolutely no response or update. The service agents in certain regions are enough to spoil the reputation of a brand that was built in so many years.

We purchased Whirlpool Air-conditioner only as we were confident of the brand but your service agent handling Thiruvalla has left us with no option but to either throw out this new unit and go for an alternative brand who can attend the customer when there is a requirement.

Your call center repeats the same story every time that someone will contact in 2 hours (which never happens) or they give an excuse that the system is slow and asks us to call again after some time!!

Writing this email after all attempts to get the issue sorted out and requesting for some help from Whirlpool itself.

Regards,
Alex Varghese
+91 [protected]

• Whirlpool's response · Dec 29, 2019

Dear Team,

In this case we are working on the below mentioned concern and update the status shortly.

Regards,
    Whirlpool Support

• Resolution Statement

Whirlpool Corporationkitchenaid stove top

My stovetop model # KCES956HBL ID # D83411376 Has been recalled. I was advice more than 3 weeks ago that I would be refunded $1799 and that my unit would be picked up. I have heard nothing more about a schedule and can't seem to talk to anyone without waiting for an hour on the phone. What is the story? When will I get my money and should I start charging you for storage?

Tel# [protected]

[Resolved] Whirlpool Corporationrefrigerator

Bought a whirlpool refrigerator 6 months ago and the noise is horrible. A whirlpool authoirized service tech came out and the said the noise is normal for newer refrigerators which I dont believe anybody would buy a refrigerator that makes this much noise. It didnt make the terrible noise during the 15 minutes the service tech was out but it was still extremely loud. I cant believe Whirlpool would make such a defective product. I bought a whirlpool because I thought they had a good reputation. Im ready to give it to charity and buy another brand.

• Whirlpool's response · Dec 20, 2019

Hey Richard Osabugh, we value your time and would like to look into the concerns with your appliance. Please reach out to us directly at 1-800-253-1301, via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/whirlpoolusa or Twitter @WhirlpoolCare. We’re looking forward to hearing from you.

Whirlpool Corporationrefrigerator wrs571cihv

I purchased a Whirlpool fridge a little over a year ago at Lowes and during this time had Freds appliance here for warranty work four times with two new replacement doors due to faulty ice makers, they finally got the problem fixed . Hopefully...Am I a happy with the fridge ? NO . It does not have enough shelves for the freezer which makes it very useless ( China cheaping it out ) and another 12 x 12 glass shelf is $80.00 !!! Ridiculous !!! With all the time off of work and hassles, to deal with the on going problem has cost me a lot of $s. You would think Whirlpool, could give me a break on the price of a couple of shelves or even offer them for free for all the time and $s I have lost missing work for a good customer relationship, but NO... So, I will never buy another Whirlpool product again. And, how is the fridge overall ?? Not the greatest and I wish I would have never purchased it.

Whirlpool Corporationwhirlpool electric range

Well, I am well into my 60's and my husband 77. I finally got my first home built to our specifications after working many, many hard years to pay for this. November 30, 2018, one year ago is when we moved in. The new appliances I chose were from Lowe's. It is the group of Whirlpool, dishwasher, refrigerator, microwave, and stove. Well recently Thanksgiving came and went. I had a problem with my stove. It took me 3 1/2 hours to cook a turkey breast in the oven that should have taken 90 minutes. I put in a manual thermometer in the oven and what happened, the oven is 50 degrees off. 50 degrees! No wonder my pumpkin pies took so long few days before that too. So now if I want to use my oven at 350 degrees, I have to set it at 400 degrees. Just to let you know, I am very dissappointed in this Whirlpool product. I always thought it was a high standard appliance. I bought this a few months before using and it was kept at the store until my kitchen was ready to put appliances in it, and we moved in. Of course there is no longer a warranty for this. I just had to let you know of my deep dissapointment. Kathy Myers 152 Majestic Dr., Decherd, Tennessee 37324 phone [protected].

[Resolved] Whirlpool Corporationwhirlpool dishwasher wdt970sahv0

We have had this dishwasher over a year now and it's become clear that most of the reviews out there are paid for or fake. We've had a serviceman come out and he said there's nothing broken in this dishwasher, it goes through all the cycles it's supposed to, heats like it's supposed to, it just doesn't get the job done. This does not wash dishes. This does not dry dishes. This certainly doesn't save water. We had a 20 year old dishwasher before this and it struggled to clean the really tough stuff and it struggled to dry the tops of cups and bowls, but overall, it cleaned and dried, and I wish we could get it back. I have to clean all the silverware before it goes in and there can't be a speck of debris or a smear of mayo left on a plate because they will still be there when I open this back up. The only difference will be that they're soaking wet. This dishwasher can't dry butterknives or plates, 9 out of 10 dishes comes out dripping. It can't even dry or wash itself. If I leave anything on the dishes that's loose, I open the dishwasher to see it splattered on the side. The entire machine remains wet. And saving water? I have to run the kitchen sink for five minutes straight to get it hot before starting this thing per the instructions. That's gallons of wasted water. The only positives are that this is quiet and has a lot of space. I've never been so depressed with or disappointed in an appliance purchase before, and to have another person come look at it, if they don't find anything, I have to pay. The amount of money we spent on this thing makes me sick, and I really wish we had just fixed our old dishwasher. We bought a whirlpool microwave at the same time, paid for the professional installation, and it broke on installation (by the people installing it, not us) and they said we needed a carpenter to fix it, but wouldn't pay for it. So now we have a lopsided microwave that we can't use the fan on and a dishwasher that doesn't work. Will never buy from Whirlpool again and I'll never trust reviews again.

• Whirlpool's response · Nov 25, 2019

Hey El Fleming, we value your time and would like to look into the concerns with your appliance. Please reach out to us directly at 1-800-253-1301, via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/whirlpoolusa or Twitter @WhirlpoolCare. We’re looking forward to hearing from you.

Whirlpool Corporationsix delivery attempts

We purchased 4 kitchen appliances from Home Depot in Hyattsville, Maryland on 08/01/19. The 1st delivery was on 08/23 and it was a disaster because we were told by the delivery guys we needed a water line for the refrigerator in order from them to install it.. We already had a water line. I was upset because I told the guys and the person on the phone we had a water line and shut off valve. I sent them away without letting them leave the appliances. I called Home Depot and told them what happened. I decided to hire someone else to install my appliances and I let Home Depot and the delivery company know I just needed the appliances delivered. The next delivery they brought in the appliances and before he took the stove off the truck he let us know it was damaged. I rescheduled and the next 4 delivery attempts each time the stove was damaged. I reached out to Home Depot and the delivery company and they kept apologizing to me and I was told by someone at the warehouse that they would give me a gift card because of what I have been through since the 1st delivery attempt. I was told it would take 4 to 6 weeks. I called the warehouse to see why I hadn't gotten my gift card and I was told since I canceled my order (the stove)with Home Depot I would not be getting a gift card. We purchased a Whirlpool stove with Lowes which was suppose to be delivered today and it wasn't. It's frustrating to know no one is trying to resolve this matter. I haven't had a stove since 08/23/19 which was my first delivery attempt. I don't understand why I haven't gotten any help from anyone. Can someone please please please help me with this matter. My email address is [protected]@hotmail.com. My number is [protected].

[Resolved] Whirlpool Corporationdishwasher

We purchased a Whirlpool dishwasher MOD> WDF520PADM7 Two and a half years ago
It worked perfect, Never used the heat feature, the last time we did use the heat feature
and never worked again. The recirculating pump would not work after that.
However we did purchase the same model yesterday we liked it so much but we will not use the heat feature again.

• Whirlpool's response · Nov 14, 2019

Hey ronson570, we value your time and would like to look into the concerns with your Dishwasher. Please reach out to us directly at 1-800-253-1301, via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/whirlpoolusa or Twitter @WhirlpoolCare. We’re looking forward to hearing from you.

[Resolved] Whirlpool Corporationwhirlpool refrigerator

I purchase a side by side whirlpool fridge in 2018. My first service was in February. .my second service was in August after warranty expired. They honored warranty came out replaced ice maker next day still no ice. I called back again and they replaced switch on ice maker sti no ice. I called back again and this time they replaced value on the back fridge still no ice. I called back again this time they decided they needed to replace door. I was told it would take 7 to 10 weeks to get door. My refrigerator is over 1 yr old and I haven't had a ice maker for half that time. I will never purchase another whirlpool appliance. I feel they should have replaced refrigerator or at least given me a credit to purchase another fridge. I hope this will save someone else some grief.
Connie Cornette

• Whirlpool's response · Nov 13, 2019

Hey Connie Cornette, we value your time and would like to look into the concerns with your appliance. Please reach out to us directly at 1-800-253-1301, via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/whirlpoolusa or Twitter @WhirlpoolCare. We’re looking forward to hearing from you.

[Resolved] Whirlpool Corporationwhirlpool washing machine

Purchased washer dryer set on 30July. 6th Nov found electronic board faulty timeline for repair 14-15 days.

We have 2 kids (age 2.5 and 4) and wife is sick. very crucial item for my home and need immediate repair. Called CS for expediting repair and no assurance. Asked for replacement and was ruled out.

long waiting time for service. Not happy with the service.

Pls. help us.

Thanks, Gautam Lotlikar, Cell # [protected]

whirlpool washing machine

• Whirlpool's response · Nov 12, 2019

Hey Gautam Lotlikar, we value your time and would like to look into the concerns with your appliance. Please reach out to us directly at 1-800-253-1301, via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/whirlpoolusa or Twitter @WhirlpoolCare. We’re looking forward to hearing from you.

Whirlpool CorporationWhirlpool clothes washer model wtw4855hw

- Whirlpool Washer/Dryer combo purchased from Homestead Appliances, 1918 Scugog St, Port Perry, Ontario, Canada on December 11, 2018.
- from Day one, this washer has never performed properly (compared to any previous washer we owned over several decades). Despite following the user instructions and trying every combination of water temperature, water level and rinse option, clothes are always covered in lint.
- in June 2019, a handmade heirloom white blanket was covered in lint and many black blotches, notwithstanding being washed without any other item.
- June 13, 2019. We contacted Whirlpool Tech Support who dispatched a technician. The technician ran an automated diagnostic test, said the machine "is fine" but admitted that newer technology machines do not work well. The technician took photos of the ruined blanket and of other clothing items covered in lint. He then contacted Tech Support, but nobody could explain to us why the machine does not work properly. The technician indicated that Whirlpool would invoice us because there was 'no fault found' by the automated diagnostic test. That same day, we contacted Homestead Appliances to explain the situation.
- June 19, 2019. Whirlpool sent an invoice for "Labour", $146.89 CAD, presumably for 'customer training' which is insulting and outrageous. We can, and did, read and follow instructions - every combination - before calling Tech Support.
- July 18, 22 and 26, 2019. Separate conversations with Homestead Appliances to a) resolve the 'labour' invoice with Whirlpool; and, b) replace the washer or recommend a model that works properly.
- November 1, 2019. 'Past Due Notice' received from Whirlpool for the 'labour' invoice. We called Homestead Appliances to address these two unresolved issues.
We request therefore:
1. That Whirlpool provide a full refund for the faulty machine; alternatively, replace the washer with a model that works properly, at no expense to us.
2. That Whirlpool cancel the 'labour' invoice.

Terence and Bernadette Cockerill

Whirlpool Corporationgas cooktop wcg55us0hs00

Model: WCG55US0HS00

Whirlpool cooktop ruined our new home purchase experience. We were very happy and excited to move into our Brand new Home with new appliances. First time home owners too. Our builder choose Whirlpool for the appliances and just for the first few days of using cook top, the electric ignite stopped working. Called customer service and they simply said there is third party service provider who doesn't have availability for more than a week. We were waiting patiently and then there is huge gas leak from it and flame during the weekend and ended up calling the emergency services. They had to inspect the whole house for the gas leak and found that the cook top is the defective and reason for the gas leak and flames.

I called up multiple times to report this to Whirlpool and their service provider GUINCO services. They just dont care and came to inspect only after that one week just for 10-15 minutes and simply said it needs some parts to be replaced. The technician has no idea why it happened on a brand new cook top. He said I need to reachout to Whirlpool customer service for any questions as he is just a 3rd party service agent.

I called back again Whirlpool customer care and they simply say GUINCO services is their only 3rd party service provider and they depend on their technician to fix the problems. I was just going in circles with these guys.

I have pregnant lady and kids at home and we just had a bad gas leak and even after explaining them my situation all they have to say is wait for another week since we dont have parts or availability to fix it.

We are still waiting with no clue on when we can cook again at home and these guys keep telling you the standard answers "in next 5 business days" or depending on their 3rd party service providers schedule.

[Resolved] Whirlpool Corporationwasher model wtw4800xqt

My washer is only 2 years old and I see why they are no longer available. Very poor design. My last washer lasted 10 years or more trouble free. This model uses a suspension kit. Replacement kit is about $ 40 dollars and I have to take the machine apart and probably do it every two years. Suspension rods can fail with no warning . Machine can not be left unattended because when it fails the drum will beat itself and the inside of the machine destroying everything. Potentially can vibrate away from wall taking the plumbing with it so you come home to a destroyed machine and a flooded laundry room.

• Whirlpool's response · Nov 09, 2019

Hey Coffee123, we value your time and would like to look into the concerns with your Washer. Please reach out to us directly at 1-800-253-1301, via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/whirlpoolusa or Twitter @WhirlpoolCare. We’re looking forward to hearing from you.

model:20142/fp 263d rqy protton (n)

I have compalinted 4 weeks back with your authorized service centre at Cochin, regarding the bottom door of my fridge, which got seperated from the fridge . The lid of the bottom of rhe fridge has got completely removed from the machine.

I am am waiting for all these days as they will come and mke it cleared.As per their request, i have send the invoice, Model number and picture of the damaged part everything to the number mentioned above.But there is no reply from their part for all these days.

How do we people believe corporates like you and buy your products .I had never seen such an irresponsible service centre in my life.Whenever i am trying to contact them, they will have same reply "will revert back to you" and my fridge remains the same after all these days.

Please do something to make it done.

Regards

Soli Jayan

model:20142/fp 263d rqy protton (n)

[Resolved] Whirlpool Corporationwhirlpool washing machine

My name is Yvonne Yaunk. I bought matching Maytag washer and dryer at home depot in Kemah, TX on July 9 and they were delivered on July 13. Washer began making noise immediately (imagine the sound of steel balls inside a running dryer and gears turning backward so loud you can hear it outside) so I called Home Depot, they referred me to Whirlpool since I didn't purchase their extended warranty (which you should note ONLY covers repair or replacement and that comes with the appliance anyway!!). Whirlpool sent the first technician out a few days after my call and we were told it was a bad transmission and it was leaking hydraulic fluid. he ordered parts came back and repaired it. it was immediately making the same noise - called whirlpool again, they send a different tech out who said it was the computer board, they ordered that and came back to replace it. same day it was replaced the dang thing was still making that terrible noise! called whirlpool AGAIN and they sent another technician who said it was off balance, he balanced it and left. Still making the noise. Called whirlpool again and let them know and asked for a master technician to come out. They obliged, that master tech replaced some other parts and left. when that didn't fix the issue either I called and insisted on a replacement. Whirlpool reluctantly agreed and about a week and a half after - I had a replacement washing machine (same model though). Replacement was delivered in mid September. Very first day we got it we did some laundry only to find this one made the same terrible noise. We called Whirlpool who agreed to send a tech but in the meantime we kept using it. it gradually got worse and worse...tech shows up (was the master tech who worked on the other one) I let him listen to a video i made of the noise since they never stay long enough to run through an actual full cycle. He couldn't believe the racket it made and after digging into it he said it was some sort of plastic gear thing - he replaced that on the spot and started it up - it was immediately making the noise still so he said it was the sensor that tells the drum to turn. he replaced it on the spot and said we were good to go. Well the SAME DAY it was still making the crazy loud grinding banging noise! Called Whirlpool again, they sent another tech out (this was same tech #2 from the first washing machine - this guy must only know about computer boards because as he did the first time, he said it was the computer board) he ordered it and over a week later he came back to replace that part. Well that happened today 10/24/19...the machine is STILL making the noise - nobody can figure it out. Whirlpool said today that they do not give refunds so I am now stuck with a poorly engineered and manufactured noisemaker that does a partial job at cleaning our clothes. I am left now having to call whirlpool approximately once every week - 10 days (as soon as a technician leaves my house) so they can schedule one to come back and look again, only to have to leave and order parts and come back in another week to put those on. This is ridiculous and Whirlpool should be ashamed of themselves for putting any customer through this. By now I'm sure Whirlpool has paid more in labor and parts to the appliance repair company than the actual cost of refunding me what I paid for this hunk of junk in the first place!! My message is steer clear of any appliance from Home Depot and never buy a Whirlpool / Maytag product. I want my money back!!! Want a full refund!!!
In the video I included below you can hear the normal noise of a washing machine and then the banging, clanging, grinding that this one makes. This isn't nearly as loud as it is in person.

• Updated by Yvonne Yaunk · Oct 24, 2019

looks like my video isn't compatible. if I can figure out how to convert it to a format that is, i'll come back and upload.

• Whirlpool's response · Nov 04, 2019

Hey Yvonne Yaunk, we value your time and would like to look into the concerns with your appliance. Please reach out to us directly at 1-800-253-1301, via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/whirlpoolusa or Twitter @WhirlpoolCare. We’re looking forward to hearing from you.

[Resolved] Whirlpool Corporationfridge freezer

My fridge freezer has broken, it's just over two years old.

I took a care plan out on the 18th October 2019 and was told if it cannot be fixed I would get a replacement.

The engineer has been out and advised that we needed a new thermosate which we have been told is obsolete.

I have now been told that I will get money off a new one and not a replacement?

The call is being looked into.

Either way it's not good enough to have a product which brakes in under two years. I have two young children and we have had no fridge freezer for a week.

Customer services have been inconsistent and rude, at no point has anyone I have spoken to apologised to me of sympathised to our situation.

Please could I be contacted to discuss this further.

Kind regards

Charlotte Vernon

Char. [protected]@hotmail.co.uk

‪[protected]‬

• Whirlpool's response · Nov 04, 2019

Hey Charlottevernon, we value your time and would like to look into the concerns with your Refrigerator. Please reach out to us directly at 1-800-253-1301, via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/whirlpoolusa or Twitter @WhirlpoolCare. We’re looking forward to hearing from you.

Whirlpool Corporationwasher

Model number: WFW8620HW2
Serial number: C93250066

Above ruined my new home buying experience from Beezer homes, we did a private inspection before closing the house and mentioned to it to beezer they washed their hands saying talk to whirlpool, now after 3 technician visits and requires more parts and still no resolution, a comedy kind of product which is supposed to be new and requires multiple technician visits

• DeAndre Washington Oct 22, 2019

Hi Srinivasa! Your private inspection should have identified potential maintenance requirements for the obviously neglected Whirlpool Duet Sport that the previous owner had left. I hope this clears things up!

Whirlpool Corporationfridge

HR93132777
Comment/Question: Very unhappy-new fridge Top shelf not tall enough for bottles or cans. Compressors run a lot and are loud, especially from a rattle at the bottom.Tech tried to add styrofoam to underneath to quell the rattle but since there's no way to stop the fridge from sliding out when the door is opened, the strrofoam moves.Fridge has to be pushed back in every night since it rolls forward when door is opened. No way to secure it. Now complaining to Lowes.

See Whirlpool complaint # from then at beginning, with the e mail they'd get back to me soon. Never happened

washer

I have already contacted the Ohio Attorney General, and the BBB about your business practices, not to mention your blatant disregard of senior citizens, the handicapped, disabled...

Whirlpool Corporationwarranty

Maytag warranty is useless. Bought a Microwave in June 2017. Just paid $160 for a diagnostic recommended by Maytag. Took less than 5 minutes which I could have done myself. Heat water for 45 seconds in a cup. The magnetron is under a so called 10 year warranty, but it will cost $371 for labor to fix it. I bought all Maytag appliances for my home. Spent $5000. I will never buy Maytag again. False advertising

• Updated by Ruth Gaertnier · Oct 19, 2019

Useless warranty. Defective product. 16 months and the $600 microwave broke. Will never buy Maytag again. They direct me to their service company for diagnostic. Put a cup of water in the microwave for 45 seconds. Magnetron broken has a 10 year warranty - useless. Diagnostic $160 to heat water. Then will be $371 to fix. Buyer beware the warranty that says 10 years is just advertising.

Whirlpool Corporationwhirlpool 3.1 cf 2 door refrigerator

Recieved product in box. Took out and the opening rounded edges of doors are dented. I contacted Target and they replied that it was not returnable, refundable and if we needed further assistance that we had to contact Whirlpool. Not a very good experience for a $200 mini fridge that's supposed to be brand new. It almost looks like it's already used.

whirlpool 3.1 cf 2 door refrigerator

Whirlpool Corporationwhirlpool built-in electric double oven

First time running the self cleaning cycle on the lower oven. Cycle appeared to run fine, but after the oven would not work. Whirlpool appliances were installed in a home we purchsed new in July 2017.

There is only a one year warranty & Whirlpool will do nothing to resolve. Internet information suggests this is a known problem with the oven - thermocouple fuse failure.

Would not think a customer should have to try the cleaning cycles on both ovens to ensure they will work properly, if the first cycle is not needed until after the 1 year warranty period.

[Resolved] Whirlpool Corporationwhirlpool appliances that don't come with a extension plug.

I think appliances that don't come with a power cord should say on the appliance when it's bought. Or at least make the sales person let people know. Who ever knew a range & dishwasher wouldn't come with one! Knowing from past experiences we knew the range wouldn't but didn't know the dishwasher didn't have one. Talk about ridiculous having to go buy one then have to pay someone to hook it up. We have saved for over 30 years to be able to buy something nice, and now I have to fork out more money on stupid little things. Bad enough the price you pay for these.

• Whirlpool's response · Oct 30, 2019

Hey Cindy Pettit, we value your time and would like to look into the concerns with your appliance. Please reach out to us directly at 1-800-253-1301, via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/whirlpoolusa or Twitter @WhirlpoolCare. We’re looking forward to hearing from you.

• Sh
    Shaun R. Oct 17, 2019

This really shouldn't be a complaint for Whirlpool, as all ranges and dishwashers are this way. This is because the way they connect to power is not standard.

[Resolved] Whirlpool Corporationdefective hot water heater

I've been having to deal with a defective Whirlpool hot water heater for quite some time. Whirlpool customer service hasn't been helpful at all. My nephew has tried to assist me and has sent pictures. They claim the hot water heater is in the bathroom and the pictures wasn't good which is total non sense. I resent pictures clearly showing the hot water heater is located in the laundry room which is totally separate from the bathroom and it shows in the pictures that the hotwater heater is located near the dryer and the washing machine which anyone in their right mind should know a toilet and bathtub isn't located in the laundry room. I'm tired of the back and fourth with Whirlpool customer service and has been trying to get assistance regarding another hotwater heater since it's still under warranty. I'm also going to file a complaint against Whirlpool with the Better business bureau.

• Whirlpool's response · Oct 29, 2019

Hello Amiles27, we are terribly sorry to hear about your concerns. To further assist you better, we would need you to contact Whirlpool® Residential Technical Assistance at 1-877-817-6750 or you may view their website at www.whirlpoolwaterheaters.com . They would be able to provide you more information on your Whirlpool hot water heater.

Whirlpool Corporationmodel wrx735sdbm00 serial k52808170

We purchased this product and several other Whirlpool appliance (microwave oven, dishwasher) as a part of a kitchen remodel in July 2014. We had aleady paid for one major repair within just a couple years. Recently, it began having troubles again and the certified Whirlpool repairman told us the seals to the compressor had failed and the repair would be approx. $1600. and would have a 1 year limited warranty.

We feel this refridgerator should have lastedmuch longer and have chosen to replace it. We will not replae it with another Whirlpool model and intend to discontinue purchasing from Whirlpool. The new refridgerator will now cost $2300. This is an unacceptable performance for this appliance and we are very disappointed and intend to idiscontinue any future purchases of Whirlpool brand.

The only acceptable solution in our opinion is a partial refund of this product. Paid $1800 in July 2015, we feel Whirlpool should refund $1000. The model and serial are in the header.