Having problems with Whirlpool?

Whirlpool Customer Service Contacts

+1 866 698 2538 (United States)
+1 269 923 5000 (Head Office)
+39 283 7151 (Europe, Middle East & Africa)
+55 113 566 1000 (Latin America)
2000 N. M-63
Benton Harbor, Michigan
North America
600 West Main St., Benton Harbor, MI, 49022-2692

Europe, Middle East And Africa (EMEA)
Via Carlo Pisacane, 1, 20016 Pero (MI), Italy

Asia
Building 8, № 1888, Xinjinqiao Road, Jinqiao Export Processing Zone, Pudong, Shanghai 201206, P.R.C.

Latin America
Av. das Nações Unidas, 12.995, 32° andar, CEP 04578-000 São Paulo, SP, Brazil

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Whirlpool Customer Service. Initial Whirlpool complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Whirlpool above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Whirlpool. Discuss the issues you have had with Whirlpool and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Whirlpool Complaints & Reviews

WhirlpoolWater heater warranty service

We purchased a Whirlpool water heater from Lowe's on 1/6/2017. It is model ES50R10-55. It has a 10 manufacture warranty. It is leaking and needs to be replaced. I contacted Lowe's and they told me it was Whirlpools responsibility. I tried contacting Whirlpool by phone and by website and can not get any help. We need to get the water heater replaced asap. How do we get warranty assistance?

WhirlpoolJenn air

I purchased product from électroménager Longueuil and was advised that if there is any problem is guaranteed by Whirlpool.
    I purchased a hood which had to be installed by contractor.
    Purchase maid in august
    Installation in December
    Product was damaged to the point that it can not be installed.
    We are talking about retractable hood.
    I contacted électroménagers Longueuil,
    They suggested to contact whirlpool
    Whirlpool technician called damage cosmetic.
    How can it can be cosmetic if retractable hood can not be retracted from its frame???
    My money is really literally in garbage.
    I have a product that can not be used...
    What is your proposition

• Whirlpool's response · Mar 05, 2021

Hi Ilona Trosman, we are so sorry to hear you are having issues with your product. Please call our JennAir Concierge Team at [protected]. We do hope this helps.

WhirlpoolElectric range

We bought a brand new Whirlpool range at Lowe's, Chandler, AZ, less than a year ago and it went out. The service associate found the wire harness in the back of electric range needs replacement. The service company ( Guinco Appliance Repair) [protected], placed a request for the unservicable part and advised me it was on back order from whirlpool, that was on 2/5/20. It's been more than a month that my family has been without the range. After talking with your service department they said the order will be resubmited and give it 21 days before checking on the part.
      Since there is so much difficulty replacing the part, I would like the range to be replaced so we can go back to preparing meals for my family as we were able to do before the breakdown. I would be very grateful for your attention to this problem as soon as possible.

• Whirlpool's response · Mar 05, 2021

Hey Robert Wilkins Sr., we value your time and would like to look into the concerns with your appliance. Please reach out to us directly via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/whirlpoolusa or Twitter @WhirlpoolCare. We’re looking forward to hearing from you.

WhirlpoolIce maker

My ice maker since I bought the whirlpool 7 years ago has been repaired 3 times, twice removing the complete ice maker and replacing it at over $500.00 by now. I have in the past bragged how well whirlpool products work, I have talked serveral buyers into getting your products. In the future if I get nothing for my money and get no relief, my opinion will change and many of my friends will hear my opinion. My stove and my ovens are all whirlpool and I have not had a problem with them, not even the refrigerator, except for the defective ice maker, there has to be other buyers with my problem. Please contact me if you want at [protected], I am expecting you to solve my problems.

Ice maker

Maytag admin Mar 05, 2021

Hey Joann Hellman Cullip, we value your time and would like to look into the concerns with your appliance. Please reach out to us directly via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/whirlpoolusa or Twitter @WhirlpoolCare. We’re looking forward to hearing from you.

Mar 02, 2021

Whirlpool — Washing machine

Washing machine leaked huge amounts of water all over living room and kitchen, down to the next two floor...

WhirlpoolAqua lift feature does not work at all

We bought the whirlpool cook top stove with aqua lift auto cleaning fall 2018 from Lowes in Dubuque, Iowa this cleaning system does not work at all, we have tried to clean it as directed, does not clean anything of inside of oven, we have bought whirlpool products over and over again over 50 years now, I have never seen anything like this before, this is without a doubt the worst problem we have ever seen, and we would expect to have it replaced with a new stove without this feature, I can't believe that they could market this as self cleaning, this feature is very necessary because we can't physically do the cleaning ourselves, which is why we bought self cleaning, this is deliberate False Advertising, Ken & Bev Petty

• Whirlpool's response · Mar 04, 2021

We’re sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction with your Aqualift® Cleaning Cycle. The Aqualift® technology is an alternative for customers that don't want to be concerned with chemicals or smell. It's designed to lift stains from the Oven and the customer can wipe them away rather than having them burned off. The steam created while using this cycle is meant to help release backed on foods, but some elbow grease may still be required. For especially stubborn areas, you want to saturate the area with Dawn Dish Soap and water solution and let it sit for up to 30 minutes. This may help get the grease adhered to the cooking surface off.

WhirlpoolCustomer service / warranty hot water heater

I have a hot water heater that's only 4 years old that's rusted. I have called all numbers I can find and get the same on hold recording. I have sat on hold for hours. Yesterday was 3:12 hours and it routed me to a survey about my experience and then disconnected me. I never spoke to anyone!! I need an RA number to get my money back. I spoke to someone at corporate I believe and he said I just have to wait on hold. This is the worst customer service I've ever dealt with.

WhirlpoolTop loader washer

Replaced a 15 year old sears kenmore with this piece of junk.. Machine is brand new only 7 days old used 6 times!... Now the unit was purchased through the home depot in elmont ny 11003... Whirlpool top loader. We are under the manufacturer's warranty for 1 year... We also purchased the 3 year protection plan for this unit through the home depot! What a piece of crap! Demanding action taken against whirlpool! I am seriously ill as is my 91 year old mom! Do not own a car and have no money to spend on car service to get to a laundromat! Keep calling whirlpool unable to get satisfaction.. Have service call they are supposed to be coming to fix it on february 24th 2021.. Mother has medical issues!!.. We need a fill-in or substitute machine till then! This is a disgrace! No car no relatives to get me to laundromat... I am a cancer patient just getting over operation.. My mom is a cancer patient! Please help us! Should have kept the old kenmore...Instead~ thanks!

• Whirlpool's response · Feb 23, 2021

Hey SHEWHOSHOPS, we value your time and would like to look into the concerns with your appliance. Please reach out to us directly via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/whirlpoolusa or Twitter @WhirlpoolCare. We’re looking forward to hearing from you.

• Updated by SHEWHOSHOPS · Feb 23, 2021

Someone is coming tomorrow from dans appliance repair left message on my mom's phone spoke so fast she could not understand them.. the phone number listed for them... not working!! wth!.. thks. judy.

Feb 09, 2021

Whirlpool — Side by side fridge model# wrs315snhm

I bought a refrigerator back in June, 2020 brand new for 1299.00 at our local store. Only 7 months old and...

WhirlpoolRefigerator model # WRB322DMBM01. Serial # 1502104

This whirlpool refrigerator was purchased May 1, 2020, from Home Depot and delivered to our home. The door has been hard to open from day 1.
                On the third service visit the gasket and tube kit was replaced. The door is still hard to open. This is a defect of the refrigerator

This is causing much stress and needs resolution. Below are the dates service has come to the house.

6/17/2020- Service by GE Home Delivery support. TEMCO Warehouse & Distribution/[protected]. Customer order#[protected]. States: Door defective, customer will call whirlpool for replacement.

6/24/2020- Service job #: SWPN61F10C43-1. Company, WFCC Electric Express Factory. FRIG Door is hard to open

11/13/2020- WFCC J&H Factory Service. Service job#: SWPNB229096-1. Frig door is hard to open

12/10/2020 - Service- J&H Appliance - Work order id# 106982. Installed Gasket and Drain Tube . Door still hard to open even after 2 weeks.

1/11/21-Service - J&H Appliance - work order ID # 110405. File # [protected]. Service man called the Techline and advised us to call customer service.

1/23-J&H cancelled service (said could not come on Saturday)

1/28-J &H sent an email regarding file [protected] and cancelled the service

1/28-We spoke with a whirlpool supervisor name, Todd, and was told someone from the Consumer Service Escalator Board would give us a call. Have never received a call as of February 8, 2021.

Thank you for a speedy resolution.

Mr. Helpful Feb 08, 2021

Whereas this has been a problem from the beginning and you have documentation to show as such, Home Depot will gladly replace the fridge.

WhirlpoolWasher

I have had my washer serviced several times since I bought it. I was on the phone for 1 hour & 45 minutes & transferred 5 times & then disconnected. When I called back they had no record of me talking to anyone. They said I would have to talk to Home Depot for a replacement, when Home Depot said I had to go through Whirlpool. I will NEVER purchase anything Whirlpool again. Horrible appliances & Customer Service. I seriously think their Customer Service is a Scam.

• Sh
                      SHEWHOSHOPS Feb 18, 2021

Yes whirlpool is awful... think I will purchase a sears kenmore..instead.

Mr. Helpful Feb 04, 2021

Hi Ms Thoma.

I'd like to see if I can be of some assistance to you.

What model of washer was it you purchased and on what date? Was there any additional warranty coverage purchased at the time?

WhirlpoolKitchen Aid Fridge Model # KRMF706ESS Serial #K93222563

I believe my file # is [protected]; purchased first fridge in April 2019, kept having numerous issues; especially with water getting into the left hand side refrigerated drawer ( located underneath ice maker) and short circuiting the adjustable temperature option-which is adjusted by hand depending what is in the drawer I.e. cheese; fridge started to short circuit in February of 2020; Via Appliances said they could no longer fix the fridge- was contacted by Angie in the exchange department and an exchange was done for the same model.
                    Received 2nd fridge in March 2020 and had the same issue with the drawer being replaced twice; the 3rd time occurred in November 2020. It is now February of 2021 and I have not received the drawer door part. I contacted the service number today ([protected]) and spoke with Amy; she tried to give me information on the drawer door part but was not able to answer me regarding a replacement fridge- transferred me to Valerie and she told me that I was not eligible for a replacement fridge at this time ( which makes no sense), when I inquired further about a replacement- she informed me that the service technician for Via Appliances was telling Whirlpool that the reason that the drawer door was burning out was that I was either letting the water overflow the cup when filling it up with water ( HUH!) or that I was pulling the cup out too quickly when I was done getting water ( which the water should stop flowing when I stop depressing the water tab anyhow). This made no sense to me that, after 2 fridges, I was now the cause of the problem.
                    I then called Marc Bitzers office and spoke to someone ([protected]) and they then transferred me back to the 800 number. After being on hold for 30 minutes, I spoke with Samuel. They said they would look to expedite the part to me and extended my service warranty by 6 months. He also told me that if this drawer did not work, then I would be able to ask for a replacement fridge. However, I cannot get this in writing from anyone. I do not know who I can believe ( after speaking with 3 people today)and would like to see if I could be contacted by Angie in the exchange department so that I can find out what my options are. I was also told that I can inquire about a replacement fridge if I do not receive parts in a reasonable time. ( part ordered in November 2020 has still not arrived) I paid $3300 for the fridge and the water leak issue will not stop after having 2 of the same model. I fear that I will have to put too much money in the maintenance of the fridge, which I do not expect to reasonably have to do on a $3300 fridge.
                    Can I please have someone contact me? My email is [protected]@aol.com and my phone number is [protected]. My name is Dale Piper. I just want to pick out another refrigerator or get it in writing that when the drawer fails again due to water that I can call and ask for a replacement. Ihave been more than patient with this model and with the number of service calls that I have made to Via Appliances. Sorry for the length of this complaint, Sincerely, Dale Piper

WhirlpoolWhirlpool refrigerator stainless steel peeling off

I have a two year old whirlpool refrigerator model wrf535swhzoo serial number k82517477. The finish is stainless steel. Recently, the area on both doors are peeling. This is happening right near the bottom sections of both handles. I have called the help desk for assistance but I was told tso replace both doors. I was also suggested that since i was only 3 miles from the ocean that this may be the cause.

WhirlpoolRefridgerator

Hi, I bought a whirlpool refrigerator online on Friday, June 26, 2020
                        Product Image Whirlpool 20 cu. ft. French Door Refrigerator in Fingerprint Resistant Black Stainless
                        Store SKU # [protected]
                        Internet # [protected]
                        Model # WRF560SEHV
                        They delivered a broken one and said they will replace but so far I call and no response then they said they will deliver an new one and they give a delivery day and on the day of delivery they call and leave a message sorry we cannot. Can you please help. Thanks

WhirlpoolWasher Machine

Absolutely horrible customer service 3 month old washer machine broken they have only one company in my area to service it I do not want this company in my home they refuse to use another or allow me to run it through my AHS warranty company. I've never in my life met such rude unwilling incompetent company in my life. I will never buy anything whirlpool again!

WhirlpoolAqua lift self cleaning oven

I made the biggest mistake of my life by purchasing a range with your aqua lift supposedly "self clean oven." I have always bought your products but I certainly won't make this mistake again nor will I suggest it to anyone else . It shouldn't even be advertised as so . I specifically told the salesman at Lowe's that I wanted a self cleaning oven . There was no mention of ever being complaints about it but I think that you need to be honest about your product not being what it claims . In no way is it "self cleaning." False advertising !

Mr. Helpful Jan 17, 2021

Hi Ms Grissim.

I'm sorry that someone misinformed you about what the AquaLift™ lite cleaning feature is. It is not, and should not, be promoted as a full self cleaning feature. It is designed for someone wishing to perform a soft and shorter clean that is not as deep or energy consuming. On many models this feature is included with a traditional self clean so you can choose which option is best to use.

Hopefully this clarifies any confusion.

Thank you for purchasing Whirlpool™ family of products.

Whirlpool AppliancesWall oven

We purchased a Whirlpool Wall Oven from Lowes March 2019. Since that time we have had to have it serviced because it won't keep temperature. It gets to the pre-heat temperature then shuts off. The service technician had to order the control board so it was at least two weeks more that we were without an oven. Fortunately we bought the extended service agreement because it started acting up again in December 2020. We called Whirlpool and they called a local service company that finally showed up ten days later just to inform us that the part he needed (control board again) wouldn't be available until the last week of February. When my husband called to complain to Whirlpool they informed him that the part was available from "Parts Direct" and had always been available. I called Whirlpool yesterday, January 14th and was told by Whirlpool that the would order the part themselves and send it to the same service company that they used before. That service company said they wouldn't be able to come until February 11th. My husband told Whirlpool that they need to replace the unit but apparently that's not an option. Can you please help us resolve this matter quickly. We are sick of microwave dinners.

Mr. Helpful Jan 15, 2021

Thank you for reaching out.

Is the extended warranty coverage through that of the manufacturer (Whirlpool), the retailer (Lowes) or a different third party?

We look forward to hearing from you.

WhirlpoolWTW4816FW WASHER

We bought it on Jan 5, and so far (until today) so good.
                                This morning an article was caught on the agitator, where the veins have a gap at the lower pedestal. This may not be the correct description but I'm sure you can figure it out.
                                This time it was a bathroom rug that has been washed several times before in our old GE without problem. It now has a tear down one side and is scrap.
                                Is there a replacement agitator or some other correction that is available or do we have to expect some clothes may be torn up?.
                                I would appreciate a response to my e-mail address.

[protected]@aol.com

WhirlpoolRebate Program

I purchased major appliances for my kitchen and received a $600.00 Visa rebate card in the mail. Covid-19 hit the U.S. and I was consumed with dealing with Covid-19 within my family. In Dec 2020 I went to use the card and found out it expired in Nov of 2020. I call KitchenAid and Whirlpool to explain the situation only be told tuff luck. We will not issue an extension or replace the card. I find this completely assured with Covid-19 pandemic going on. Whirlpool needs to do the right thing by their customers, replace the Visa card, issue a credit for future Whirlpool product but do something. It was only about 20 days past the expiration date.

Rebate Program

RESOLVED

• Whirlpool's response · Jan 11, 2021

We sincerely regret the frustration and inconvenience you experienced, and we will forward a copy of your concerns to the appropriate departments for future updates. You will need to speak with Bank of America regarding their card expiration. We're sorry we were unable to assist you further.

Whirlpool CanadaDamages in Appliances

To Whom It May Concern:

I am the owner of the house at 20928 - 96 Avenue, Edmonton Alberta. We moved into this new house on November 30, 2018. All the appliances in the house are in our property purchase, but the quality of these Whirlpool appliances really disappointed us. After 10-month moving into the house, we found a large area of rust on either side of the panels in the range (see attachment). Soon the light bar in the microwave highlighting time appeared to be burnet out (see attachment). We made a complaint to Whirlpool Services, but was turned down with the reasons either cosmetic issue not under warrant (range) or out of warrant (micro)...

Recently we found another problem in our fridge that its gasket fell apart (see attachment). After carefully checking, I found that the rubber gasket on the right door tore was caused by the vertically-hinged seal that pressed it if the right door was closed ahead of the left door. Your manual book doesn't require or warn users to close the left door first ahead of closing the right door or will damage the gasket. Therefore, I believe this is a technical problem. After further observation, I found that two double doors in our fridge are not on the same level (see attached photos). I am not quite sure if it is the reason for the problem, but what I know is that the right door of this fridge has been replaced by Whirlpool technician shortly after we moved into the house. I expect your investigation. We need a fair, reasonable explanation and treatment for this matter.

Caiming Gao