Menu
The Brick Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

The Brick
reviews and complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

2.3 1340 Reviews

How responsive is The Brick's customer service?

419 Resolved
915 Unresolved
A rare visitor 🌥️
We'd love to see The Brick on ComplaintsBoard more often, showing their successful complaint resolution. But that's not happening yet, unfortunately. For reviewers, this means staying cautious and reading reviews from other customers (including the few already resolved ones) to understand the potential outcomes. If you get in touch with The Brick, be persistent and note all important details during communication.
Claimed
The Brick has claimed their business profile
Write a review File a complaint

The Brick reviews and complaints 1340

Filter reviews by rating
6 reviews
Sort by:

Newest The Brick reviews and complaints

D
4:31 pm EST

The Brick Dishwasher, washer and dryer

I decided to purchase all appliances from the brick when brick said they will price match the competitors price. Since it was same price, I decided to go with thebrick store as I thought they have a better customer service and good reputation. I certainly repent that.

Here is my ordeal

1> I was promised washer, dryer installation with the purchase : delivery guys came and put the appliances. They didn't care to put the carpet runner so house become very dirty. Then guys went for washer-dryer installation. After few minutes, guy calls me and says, exhaust vent is small and drain is not opened. I called the building contractor and he said he will open the drain but brick guy said, he can't install as exhaust vent won't allow clamp to be installed as it's too small, they also said, your laundry room is very small (I had stacked laundry set bought). I didn't say anything thinking he may be right. I complained to builder, and builder told that we have exact same laundry room for 100s of homes and nobody has complained so far about small laundry room. I got a local handy man and he charged 200$ and installed washer/dryer without any extension. I complained to store, and one guy calls and says, our guy couldn't fit in and hence installation was not don. I complained that local handyman could so you should have been able to but no response, I sent at least 5 reminders and no response whatsoever.

2> microwave : delivery guy came after few days, I asked if I can open, he said, you can open later on and complaint to sales if there is issue. In the evening, I opened, glass pieces shattered, thankfully, I didn't get hurt.

I complained and they said they will order replacement piece. It has been 2 weeks since and no update when it will be replaced, no follow up from their side as well.

3> dishwasher protector is not there, direct rubber part of dishwasher.

They don't care to even respond to my emails.

Worst decision of my life to buy and trust brick.

Never will buy again from them

They don't care though as they seem to think that I bought all appliances and will not buy for next few years

I decided not to buy furniture from them

Desired outcome: 1> i need rebate for 200 $ i had to pay to local handyman2> microwave delivered in good condition soon , or provide loaner microwave3> provide dishwasher protector.4> official response to my emails

A
8:34 am EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

The Brick Your delivery truck knocked down and broke my mailbox

I bought a mattress from the Richmond Hill, Ontario L4B 4M6 store on Dec 23, 2023 and the item was delivered to me on Dec 25 around 11am. When your delivery team tried to backup the truck on the driveway, they knocked down my metal mailbox and damaged it. Now the mailbox is fallen off from its base. (video clips attached). I want to know how Brick is going to fix it for me!

The inovice number is 1123347TARM

Desired outcome: All I want is someone to fix it. if not, get a replacement for me.

View 0 more photos
Update by Arthur Lau
Dec 20, 2023 12:50 pm EST

After few emails chasing them, the brick finally called me after more than 2 weeks since I filed the complaint. Someone called me to ask me to submit two quotes for the replacement, which was already a week ago. Nothing happens still and no update and don't even know whether they have recevied the quotes. Really unprofessioal. they are quick to sell you stuff but really not care about the after sales service. The frontline staff is good and nice and helpful, but not the support teams so far

6:55 pm EST

The Brick RUDE Sales person!

We purchased $20,000 of furniture 7 weeks ago. Still don't have everything! I asked our sales person James to have furniture assembled for us. HAHA my husband put most of it together. NOT HAPPY ABOUT THAT! I went to the store to speak with James and asked him what price I was getting on some items. He said I was getting a good price and walked away from me. During that visit, I caught up with him and he ended up walking away from me 3 times! I was so frustrated that I walked out. NO IDEA how to apply customer service! I have much more to share but space is running out. DONT BUY FROM HIM!

D
11:21 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

The Brick - Doesnt honour online prices - galanz 16 cu. Ft. French-door refrigerator - glr16fs2m08

Will never shop at the Brick! I need a fridge, I dont have a lot of money so I went online and ordered the items from lowest to highest. I found a fridge listed for . It was just my luck I happened on the listing. I added it to the cart scheduled preferred delivery date and completed the transaction. A few days later I get a call from the manager that they...

View 0 more photos
P
10:55 am EST

The Brick Promised delivery

We purchased two chairs and a loveseat Sept. 25, 2023 from The Brick in Kanata, Ontario. Salesman said chairs were in stock and were delivered that week. He said the loveseat was not available for delivery till mid November 2023. We said that was fine. November 13th I called them only to find out our loveseat has shipped but not expected till December 21st. There is a loveseat at The Brick in Gatineau, Quebec which I suggested they could arrange to have delivered to .me. They said no to that suggestion. Now I do not expect to have this item before Christmas. I would not have made this purchase had I been told not expect to have it until at least December 21st. There is no customer support for the customer at The Brick and this my last purchase from them.

Claimed loss: I haven't lost anything yet. Just totally unhappy and disappointed.

W
7:44 am EST

The Brick Sofa warranty not being honoured

I purchased the Randall 3-piece sofa a few years ago, and within a year, one of the seams started coming apart. I contacted The Brick and after several months wait, somebody came to my home and evaluated the sofa. Then I heard from The Brick telling me I could order a replacement sofa since I had originally purchased the 5 year warranty. That was in January 2023. They told me a new sofa sectional would not be available until December 2023! This was very frustrating, but what choice did I have?

I contacted The Brick in October 2023 and was told the replacement would now not be available until November 2024! My sofa has been getting worse and worse and is, frankly, an embarrassment when we have company over.

I purchased the sofa for $2265 and the Randall 3-piece is currently $6070.00.

They told me I could get a credit for my original purchase price but that's all. I want a replacement, and I wanted it 10 months ago. I am willing to purchase another sectional that is in stock, but it needs to be comparable to what I originally purchased. I cannot get that for $2265.

This is the sofa I originally purchased:

Desired outcome: I would like to replace the sectional I have within a month, or if that is not possible, then something comparable.https://www.thebrick.com/products/randal-3-piece-fabric-sleeper-sectional-with-2-storage-chaises-seafoam

R
11:54 am EDT

The Brick Purchase of Power Reclining chair

To The Brick Compalints Dept.,

We purchased 2 power lift recliners from the Brick on Nov.22,2022. My wife's recliner has had no issues with hers. Mind on the other hand has had a power switch replaced, wood in left arm and side has been replaced, the springs underneath have broken twice. I also mentioned to the manager of the store. How many times do they have to break before I get the chair replaced.They ordered another set Aug.23rd. Still waiting for springs 3 months later and no word. We bought the extended warranty as well for 5 years. Chair is very uncomfortable and I am not satisfied with The Brick's response to this. Hopefully someone at Head office will sit up and pay attention to this and help me get this resolved once and for all. We have been loyal customers to The Brick for years and have never had this type of treatment. Hope someone will reposnd to this. Thank You,

Richard Gudgeon

Desired outcome: My desired outcome would be get this recliner replaced with another one of my choosing. Not happy at all with this one.This chair has so many faults. Invoice #102724JHERI.

Update by Richard Gudgeon
Nov 03, 2023 11:58 am EDT

I'm hoping someone will look into this and get it resolved.

A
11:18 am EDT

The Brick Extended warranty / protection

I bought this sofa on October 14, 2021. The salesperson Vineet forcefully made me buy the extended warranty even though I did not want to buy it. He saw my infant kids and kept shoving the warranty down my throat. His reasoning was I have toddlers and a baby an this would protect me in case of stains due to drawing / paintning / colouring on the sofa. I ended up paying $569.99 + tax for the warranty that I did not want. So fast forward, there are painit stains on the sofa due to my kids. I file a warranty / protection claim. Guess what happens? The Brick denies my claim stating willful abuse, neglect /misuse. So basically, the Brick is refusing my claim for the exact reason they sold me the extended warranty would protect me from. I feel robbed/ taken advantage of. You should not be shoving down the warranty on customers when you don't have any intention to honor it. I need someone to help me resolve this issue.

Claimed loss: $5,221.72

Desired outcome: They honour the warranty / extended protection plan. They fix the issue / replace the sofa.

H
1:03 pm EDT

The Brick the delivery of the fridge i paid for.

I bought and paid for a fridge back in sept. 11th. I was supposed to receive the fridge by sept. 30th. I\ve received phone calls to see if i'd be home for the delivery, no delivery was ever made. I've had to cancel 3- doctors appointments so far just to waite for the fridge. I received a phone call saturday oct-28th that i couldn't understand but they also e-mailed me saying that the fridge was in missasaga ontario and that i'd have to hire gardwine to pick it up at my expence. When i was billed for the fridge i paid 149.95 plus pst and gst for delivery. All delivery charges are paid for. I told them for the 3rd. Time to just refund me the money i paid out and keep the fridge. Now tomorrow i've got a doctors appointment that i can't miss regardless what the outcome is. The brick has delivered other items to my house before i don't know why i'm getting such a runaround this time. Just give me my money back and i'll never do buisness with the brick again. Hugh

Desired outcome: I WANT MY MONEY BACK SO THAT I CAN GO TO A RELIABLE STORE AND BUY A FRIDGE THAT WILL BE DELIVERED WITHOUT A PILE OF [censored]

E
12:35 pm EDT

The Brick - Samsung cooktop Model NZ30K6330RG

We purchased 5 new kitchen appliances late December 2001 delivery. Aprox. cost $9,000.00 including extended Warrenty. Our electric cook top knobs to turn the stove on and off started slipping in June this year. We now have 4 broken knobs and at this point we can only use one burner. All of the knobs have cracked and split inside, all being plastic. We went...

B
7:39 pm EDT

The Brick Warranty

We purchased a ton of stuff for our new house in 2018. Got the 5 year extended warranty, it’s been 5 years so when I called in april I was told we had a certain amount we had to spend by october 31. So we went in last friday october 20, and used the credit towards a new kitchen table … I paid the difference of $14.52. They are now trying to tell me that we had a claim on our dryer in 2021. (which we never did) and that I have to pay $134 on top of the $14. We never had a claim so I told her i’m not paying that when we never had a claim for the dryer. She calls my father in law as he bought a mattress the same day, to tell him that the mattress can be picked up thursday. He proceeded to ask about our table as we were going to pick it up together. She tells him that she never put the order through for our table … it’s an entire 7 days after we bought the table … and they haven’t even put the order in? Because they just called me at 9pm last night telling me that I have to pay the $134.. I am not paying for a claim I didn’t make … but now we are potentially going to loose out on our table we wanted because they don’t know how to do their job!?!?!? Absolutely terrible customer service, and this is the exact reason we will never buy from the brick again…. We spent thousands of dollar there … and have been loyal customers … referring people there in the past … only for them to say we made a claim we never did and now they won’t give us our table!?!?

I wish I could speak to someone higher up because this is absolutely ridiculous!

Desired outcome: We would like our table that we are owed !!!!

L
7:49 am EDT

The Brick - Brand new washer

I purchased a brand new washing machine Oct 5,2023. Washer was delivered with a painful 2 days of rescheduling and loss of 2 days of work. No explanation and no accountability. Once the washer was delivered The first cycle was ran. The dryer was stacked on top and was thrown off after the washer shook violently. The dryers wires were ripped out of the...

M
7:44 am EDT

The Brick - Warranty credit not given

I made a purchase for a couch with the Brick in 2021 as well as paying an addtional cost for their warranty. In August 2022 I had submitted a claim as per their policy which the warranty suggests it would cover normal stains on the couch to clean. After submitting the claim they refused to come clean it - After not being satisfied and having to then pay for...

9:10 am EDT

The Brick - Yesterday washer installation for my house flooded

Yesterday at 1.30 pm I got my new washer and dryer installed, (Samsung compact set). I turned on the washer stayed around for 30 minutes then I went outside when I came back I. The house was flooded. I started drying the floor as quick as possible water with towels and blankets. The fire and smoke detector in my basement/storage was on so I vent down and...

Y
4:32 pm EDT

The Brick - tv stand

I ordered a white TV stand from the brick store 11860 Sarcee trail only for a wrong Color to be delivered twice. I remember buying the TV stand and the lady Shelley told us that it will be assembled when delivered but it wasn’t. I called the bricks to complain but we were told that we had to pay for their installation or look for someone to do the...

S
11:57 am EDT

The Brick - Poor quality sterling couch and chair

On Aug 5,2023 we purchased a grey Sterling power sofa & chair plus the full 5 yr warranty It was delivered to our home in Carstairs on Aug 7,2023. Within a couple days we noticed the left side section of the couch was starting to separate. The right side there was a gap of less than 1/2" where the left side was 2". We took videos of the couch and returned...

E
5:53 am EDT

The Brick Sectional sofa

place to buy furniture!
We purchased a sectional sofa last year from The Brick on St. James for several thousand dollars.
Made in Canada and seemed super comfortable and well built, this was finally the couch we had been looking for!
One year later we now realize how badly ripped off we were!
We cannot even sit on the large section anymore as the springs just sag to the floor and creaks and groans like a worn out old couch!
The other 2 pieces we stopped sitting on after realizing the poor quality piece of junk we purchased!
We do not DARE wash the removable covers!
Now we sit at our kitchen table for comfort.
After several calls and emails in regard to repair or replacement we hear nothing back other than someone will be in touch in 3 to 5 days, almost 1 month later still no call just more deflection!
Let’s not even talk about the layers of protection we had to put on all of the pieces as the threads in this high quality piece of furniture just keep coming undone!
I’ll leave at that. If you plan to purchase from here go ahead just don’t use it and it will be fine.
The Brick does not sell quality furniture they just charge quality prices!
Their automated responses to reviews is even more astonishing and shows their lack of will in remedying the situation.
The Brick buys furniture to sell you from multiple companies which give the poor product knowledge. They sell garbage and think it’s quality, they advertise quality everywhere on the website but it does not show in any way, shape or form.
Eric Colwell &Spouse
Event ID [protected]. Lol now that’s a joke! You never hear back!
Update
We had a inspector come look at our furniture and reccomended repair or replacement.
After waiting 2 weeks for a update we heard nothing and called back.
They said they had not recieved any information from the inspector and that nothing had been submitted.
So I called the inspector who informed me he had sent it that very day he was here!
I called The Brick back again and miraculously they suddenly order parts for the furniture!
Of course no idea what parts were ordered they did not have that information Lol!
No timeline as to when our apparent Canadian made parts will arrive lol.
NO idea when they will come pick up the furniture for repair
DO NOT BUY! DO NOT BUY!
DO NOT FALL FOR THETE SCAMS
YOUR FURNITURE WILL FALL APART IN LESS THAN ONE YEAR!
The Brick is a malicious lying company!
[protected]@gmail.com

Desired outcome: Repair or replace or exchange

2:28 pm EDT

The Brick Returns and refunds

Order placed September for delivery on October 4th. It was explicitly stated that we would be out of the country until the third and expected the delivery on the 4th at any time. On the third, we received a phone call saying they could not deliver the product because we didn't call to confirm two days beforehand. The earliest they could deliver would be the 6th. On the 6the they delivered a broke product and when we called to return or exchange it they told us to wait 3 more days for them to pick it up and further for them to replace it. When we told them that was unacceptable, they hung up on us. Twice. Finally we requested a full refund for the still sealed bed and bed frame(with one box opened but nothing removed) for the horrible service we received, the broken product we received, and the rude words from the store manager.

They then refused to refund us in full.

Desired outcome: A full refund, and for them to pick up their products from our residence. An apology would be nice as well, as we have been sleeping on the floor for a week now.

T
12:20 pm EDT

The Brick Furniture - Mattress

We purchased furniture- sofa and mattress from the Brick on the 29th of September. We called to complain about the mattress on 5th of October to return the mattress. They told us that we cannot return anything we already purchased. We were told we must wait till after 21days to be able to exchange.

We cannot wait for 21 days because the mattress is not comfortable, we experience pain sleeping on the mattress.

We make them realize forcing us to wait a 21 days and forcing us to exchange instead of giving us a refund is contrary to the consumer law.

Desired outcome: We need a refund for the mattress and the pillow bought less than a week ago from the Brick

Update by Timi-O
Oct 06, 2023 2:34 pm EDT

We purchased a set of living room furniture and a mattress and pillow that was supposed to alleviate some of our sleeping problems. We contacted them on the 5th to report that we would like to return it because it is causing more sleeping problems for us. We were shocked when they replied that we have to wait until after 21 days to exchange but no refund. We pointed out to them that this is against consumer law.

B
2:52 pm EDT
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

The Brick Garbage company

These people are horrible. Ordered a mattress from them (they charged a $150 delivery fee), and they refused to complete the order because their driver reported an "obstruction" – which was a momentary delay caused by a lane reduction on an adjoining street. When I called to complain, they told me they wouldn't deliver unless I could guarantee no delays (as if I control the local roads dept.). The only thing more remarkable than their stupidity is their arrogance. They're hopeless, dishonest, rude and stupid. How on Earth do these clowns stay in business.

Read full review of The Brick and 1 comment
1 comment
Carol Erickson
Selkirk, CA

AMEN! Very rude here! Had a sales person, James walk away from me 3 times! Not honest about stock and set up procedures AND it's been 7 weeks and still don't have our dining table! WTF

The Brick In-depth Review

Overall Rating: The Brick is a top-notch retailer that consistently delivers exceptional products and services. I highly recommend them for all your home furnishing needs.

Product Selection: The Brick offers an extensive range of products, catering to every style and budget. Whether you're looking for furniture, appliances, or electronics, you'll find everything you need under one roof.

Pricing: The Brick provides competitive pricing, ensuring that you get the best value for your money. They frequently offer promotions and discounts, making it even more affordable to furnish your home.

Customer Service: The customer service at The Brick is outstanding. The staff is knowledgeable, friendly, and always ready to assist you. They go above and beyond to ensure your satisfaction, making the shopping experience enjoyable.

Delivery and Shipping: The Brick offers efficient and reliable delivery services. They provide timely updates on the status of your order and deliver it right to your doorstep. Their shipping rates are reasonable, and they take great care in handling your purchases.

Website Usability: The Brick's website is user-friendly and easy to navigate. It's well-organized, allowing you to find products quickly. The search function is efficient, and the checkout process is seamless.

Return Policy: The Brick has a flexible return policy, ensuring customer satisfaction. If you're not completely happy with your purchase, they offer hassle-free returns and exchanges. Their commitment to customer service is evident in their fair and transparent return policy.

Quality of Products: The Brick offers high-quality products that are built to last. They partner with reputable brands, ensuring that you receive durable and reliable items. The attention to detail and craftsmanship is evident in every product they sell.

Store Experience: The Brick provides a pleasant and enjoyable in-store experience. The stores are well-maintained, and the layout is designed for easy browsing. The staff is attentive and helpful, making your visit a memorable one.

Loyalty Program: The Brick's loyalty program is a great way to earn rewards and exclusive benefits. By becoming a member, you can enjoy special discounts, early access to sales, and personalized offers. It's a fantastic way to save money while shopping at The Brick.

Social Responsibility: The Brick is committed to social responsibility and giving back to the community. They actively participate in charitable initiatives and support local organizations. By choosing to shop at The Brick, you're supporting a company that cares about making a positive impact.

Competitor Comparison: When compared to their competitors, The Brick stands out for their exceptional product selection, competitive pricing, and outstanding customer service. They consistently outperform their rivals in terms of quality and overall shopping experience.

Pros and Cons:

• Pros: Extensive product selection, competitive pricing, exceptional customer service, reliable delivery, user-friendly website, flexible return policy, high-quality products, pleasant in-store experience, rewarding loyalty program, commitment to social responsibility.
  • Cons: None that I can think of. The Brick truly excels in all aspects of their business.

Summary and Recommendation: The Brick is an exceptional retailer that offers a wide range of high-quality products at competitive prices. Their outstanding customer service, reliable delivery, and user-friendly website make shopping a breeze. With a flexible return policy and a rewarding loyalty program, The Brick goes above and beyond to ensure customer satisfaction. I highly recommend The Brick for all your home furnishing needs.

How to file a complaint about The Brick?

1. Log in or create an account: To begin, please ensure you are logged into your ComplaintsBoard.com account. If you do not have an account, you will need to create one by clicking on the 'Sign Up' option and following the registration process.

2. Navigating to the complaint form: Once logged in, locate the 'File a Complaint' button situated at the top right corner of the website and click on it to access the complaint form.

3. Writing the title: In the 'Complaint Title' field, concisely summarize the main issue you have encountered with The Brick. Make it specific and clear, such as "Defective Sofa Delivered by The Brick" or "Poor Customer Service at The Brick Store."

4. Detailing the experience: In the complaint description, provide a detailed account of your experience. Mention key areas such as product quality, customer service, delivery, warranty, and after-sales support. Include specifics about any transactions you had with The Brick, the nature of the issue, and any steps you took to resolve it, including interactions with the company's customer service. Describe how the issue has personally affected you, whether it's through inconvenience, financial loss, or other impacts.

5. Attaching supporting documents: Attach any relevant documents that support your complaint, such as receipts, emails, or photos. However, be cautious not to include sensitive personal information that could compromise your privacy or security.

6. Filling optional fields: Use the 'Claimed Loss' field to indicate any financial losses you have incurred due to the issue. In the 'Desired Outcome' field, clearly state what resolution you are seeking from The Brick, whether it's a refund, exchange, repair, or an apology.

7. Review before submission: Carefully review your complaint or review to ensure that it is clear, accurate, and complete. Check for any spelling or grammatical errors, and verify that all the information provided is correct.

8. Submission process: After reviewing, click the 'Submit' button to file your complaint or review. Ensure that you have filled in all the required fields and attached any supporting documents before submitting.

9. Post-Submission Actions: After submitting your complaint or review, make sure to regularly check back on ComplaintsBoard.com for any responses or updates. You may receive feedback from The Brick or from other users who have had similar experiences.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Contact The Brick customer service

Phone number

+1 (780) 930-6000

Our Commitment

We stand for unbiased reviews

We help resolving issues

We advocate freedom of speech

We ensure transparent and fair ratings

We care about your privacy

We are easy, free and open to everyone

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with The Brick?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with The Brick Customer Service. Initial The Brick complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for The Brick above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about The Brick. Discuss the issues you have had with The Brick and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.