Having problems with The Brick?

The Brick reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Aug 15, 2006. The latest review Delivery of paid in full washer/dryer was posted on Oct 23, 2021. The latest complaint Custmer servises was resolved on Sep 18, 2021. The Brick has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 957 reviews. The Brick has resolved 174 complaints.

The Brick Customer Service Contacts

+1 780 930 6000 (Corporate Office)
16930-114 Avenue
Edmonton, British Columbia
Canada - T5M3S2

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with The Brick Customer Service. Initial The Brick complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for The Brick above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about The Brick. Discuss the issues you have had with The Brick and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

The Brick Complaints & Reviews, Page 2

The BrickExtended warranty for fridge purchased in july 2020

I boght a Samsung fridge from Brick (Whitby) in July 2020. Few weeks ago it stopped making ice. It dispenses water but no ice.
I contacted their extended warranty provider King and State on the September 20, 2021 and filed a claim. The website message said we will be contracted within 72 hours.
As there was no response from the King and State filed another claim on the September 24.
Received an email on September 25 asking for the Brick invoice though I have provided all the information. Sent them a copy of the invoice.
Sent anther email on Saturday asking for an update.
No response.

• The Brick's response · Oct 03, 2021

Hello Bandula. We are sincerely sorry for the negative experience you had with us and would be interested in looking into this further. Please email all your details to [email protected] We hope we can be of assistance going forward!

The BrickPurchased a headboard in March, 2021 and now i have BED BUGS

Seems there are several complaints on this topic already! Never had bed bugs until i purchased this head board upholstered gray with a velcro backing.

I noticed one bug today and was shocked! I immediately put it in a zip lock bag to use as proof. Well today i peeled back the velcro backing and there were several bed bugs! omg i have major anxiety about this!

I'm contacting the brick to advise them. I had even purchased an expensive bed bug cover to protect the mattress! I want my money back and to be compensated for the expense of having to get an exterminator plus costs to prep my condo and to stay in a hotel for several days!

Also filing a complaint with the BBB!

• The Brick's response · Oct 03, 2021

Hello Liz. We take these matters very seriously within our organization. We can reassure you that all of our locations, including our Distribution Centers, undergo regular and detailed inspections through a well-trusted company, Rentokil. Can you please send us an email with your sales order information to [email protected]? Thank you!

Sep 27, 2021

The Brick — The delivery of my stuff.

I got an email, a call and a text, confirming my delivery tomorrow but I was called today and told that they...

Mississauga
      Sep 25, 2021

The Brick — Whirlpool dryer (old) hauled away

Have been trying to resolve the removal of the above appliance. Not only did the store admit to their mistake...

The BrickThe coating wearing off of our very expensive sofa

We will have our sofa paid off this December but are very dissapointed with the fact that no one hardley ever sits on it except for one person and the coating wore off shortly after we bought it. My husband went to the store in Brockville Ontario and told them about it and they said that they would come over check it out and there was a no show. Someone needs to do something about this very expensive sofa it should not be looking like this and we bought a matching love seat and the coating has not wore off of it. You need to make this right!! We had another Leather sofa before we bought this one for over 12 years and the coating was still good on it the day that we bought our new one from you!! The coating is still wearing off on the front as time goes buy and no one is sitting on the other end hardley ever!! The Sofa is black and in the picture it looks like it's brown but that is wear it is wearing off!! We need this to be made right!!

The coating wearing off of our very expensive sofa

• The Brick's response · Sep 26, 2021

Hello Paulette. We are sincerely sorry for the negative experience you had with us and would be interested in looking into this further. Please email all your details to [email protected] We hope we can be of assistance going forward!

The BrickGrace Queen 6 PC PKG/

We ordered the Grace Queen 6 PC PKG on the 18th April 2021. All of the package arrived with the exception of the footboard and the support rails. The footboard, and support rails where to arrive in June, then July, September and now December. On top of the delays, the associates only provide us with information on the purchase when we call to inquire. Should it not be your sales people contacting us to inform us of the delays? If it does indeed show up in December, that's 8 months after purchase, we might receive our bed, and be able to sleep in it. I'm beyond tired of not sleeping in the bed we purchase and I don't believe this to be acceptable in any manner. I want the foot board and we have seen it on sale in local fliers, a friend purchased the product after us and have received the full package. I would like a proper explanation why this is a tough ask for someone to continue to wait for a product that was purchased half a year ago and counting with receipt of the full product. My next email will be to the media and the BBB about the ongoing dealings with the Brick.

• The Brick's response · Sep 26, 2021

Hello Gordon. We are sincerely sorry for the negative experience you had with us and would be interested in looking into this further. Please email all your details to [email protected] We hope we can be of assistance going forward!

The BrickSamsung fridge

Since the appliance was bought we had nothing but issues. They sent us a defective fridge, they replaced it. Heard samsung fridges ice maker and doors have ongoing issues. Ice maker issues can't be resolved. It's a common thing with samsung. We bought extended warranty for peace of mind and still issues.
          Please help I have a number of times spoke to a manager, she said they can't replace the fridge.

• The Brick's response · Sep 26, 2021

Hello Rozinaw. We are sincerely sorry for the negative experience you had with us and would be interested in looking into this further. Please email all your details to [email protected] We hope we can be of assistance going forward!

The BrickNo-Show Technician

Horrible customer service from my Brick location. Microwave stopped working and I've scheduled three different appointments for a technician to show up and he's been a no show. The agent is unable to do anything but send an email and they cannot provide any sort of update or guarantee that the technician will show up. This is completely ridiculous as they has no regard or respect for their customers times. The Brick should be able to do more to provide customer satisfaction.

• The Brick's response · Sep 26, 2021

Hello SCharitar. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are disappointed to hear about your experience and would love the opportunity to review your concerns further. Please send us an email with your sales order information along with your review comments to [email protected] so we can further assist you!

The BrickDamage to

We purchased a new samsung television from the Belleville location, September 15th. It was delivered to the Peterborough location for pickup.
              A warehouse employee helped to load the television onto our pickup truck -and it was secured while in transit. The television was set up at home a hour later, it looked beautiful until it was turned on. We noticed a rather big flaw inside the television that distorted the viewing on the screen. We contacted the Brick right away to advise of the damage, and was told its not the Bricks problem, we need to call Samsung directly. Samsung flat out said No its the Bricks problem, they need to request a return authorization from Samsung, to get this television returned. The Brick refused and again said its up to us to deal with Samsung. We have not been able to resolve this issue, the Brick will not refund or replace the television, and Samsung is of no help. I'm not sure at this point what to do, other then perhaps going to small claims court. I'm hoping this is not the resolution needed. -Please contact me at [protected] Patty Bryans the invoice number for this purchase is 091514LTSIP

The BrickDelivery, Customer Service and Sales

Do not buy from The Brick. I took a day off of work for a delivery coming TOMORROW! Throughout the day I received a text, an email, a phone call and yet another call all confirming my delivery. At 7:04pm I receive a call from The Brick at Upper James. They notified me I won't be getting my order tomorrow. They said that the tv has been broken the entire time and, apparently, no one looked at some slip or paper that was on top of it, under some tank, in the store. They said there is absolutely no way they'll be sending me a tv tomorrow and that there's nothing I can do about it. Basically, too bad. She did say I can go up there, at my own cost, knowing I took a day off of work and she can "try to work with me on the cost of another tv". This is the WORST customer service I have ever experienced in my life. I'll be reaching out to head office, bbb and any other outlet I can. I will be returning ALL my items and expect a FULL refund (including my deposit of over $500!!!. I wouldn't want anyone to have to deal with a company like that. Abysmal customer service! I couldn't imagine I'd they tried this with my elderly Mom! I'm floored!! I'm also still waiting on half my bedroom furniture. I made the purchase in August. It's mot September 21st. Absolutely insane.

• The Brick's response · Sep 26, 2021

Hello Michelle. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are disappointed to hear about your experience and would love the opportunity to review your concerns further. Please send us an email with your sales order information along with your review comments to [email protected] so we can further assist you!

The BrickOrdered & Paid for Dishwasher still not received

We ordered a KitchenAid dishwasher Brick Order Number MON 11-JAN-2021
                  Brick Order Number 011115AVGJA. Paid in full. Original delivery was to be 1/17/21. We still have not received the dishwasher. We were having regular communication with The Brick in Orangeville with our order being hopefully delivered end of Aug. Last communication was Aug 10th. We are nearing the end of Sept and we still do not have our dishwasher nor any indication when we will receive it. Yet upon looking at the website Brick again has the same dishwasher for sale with an indicated delivery date of Nov 11, 2021. The Brick has had our money for over 9 months now. We cannot go with any other dishwasher for a number of reasons. Please help us get our dishwasher.

• The Brick's response · Sep 26, 2021

Hello VDal. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We have created an escalation ticket and will have a manager reach out to you soonest possible.

The BrickCustmer servises

About two months ago I bought sofa set from brick la salle, at first I ask them to check the availibilty in the stock, they said it is available and My delivery date was 16 aut, they bring one part of sofa and promise to bring other part in 23 aut, but again they change the date to september and then to october, I went there and called many time but each time they saide we will check and call you back but no one called me, after recivieng the hole money they are not longer responsible to their customer, I wanted to change the sofa with one available one but they said it is not impossible because I recived one part, yesterday I went there and finally they said sofas are in the stock and are reday to delivere in 21th september, But to my disbelief, I received an e-mail today stating that sending the furniture had been canceled due to the fact that the factory had not been sent, and I can go to the store to buy anothere things or refund, Can u belive it??!
                    I would never recommend buying Bricks to anyone

Custmer servises

• The Brick's response · Sep 20, 2021

Hello. We are saddened to see your review here today and would be interested in looking into this further. If you are interested in sharing more, then please email [email protected] Thanks!

• The Brick's response · Sep 20, 2021

Sep 17, 2021

The Brick — Damaged mattress on delivery

Purchased the Serta Perfect Sleeper King set April 9th, 2021. Paid for the mattress removal/disposal...

Mississauga
                      Sep 16, 2021

The Brick — Sofa

4 years ago, I bought a 5 year warranty for my sofa. Now it's broken and I wanted them to help me fix it. Due...

The BrickAfter order manager said there is no inventory and can’t deliver appliances

I had such a bad experience with The Brick, I ordered appliances on August 14th 2021 and the delivery date was provided on September 16th 2021.
                      I called The brick regarding delivery as I took the day off from my work. I come to know they never ordered, I went to The Brick on ottawa west branch at 565 hunt club, ottawa and the manager was super rude, she said "I cant do anything at all"

She was not at al helpful then she said we can order another appliances. We already ordered the appliances, we paid for it, we confirmed the delivery date as September 16th, 2021.
                      We followed up again with (sales person ) on September 2nd, 2021 and ordered and paid for more stuff she said everything will be delivered on time.

We did our due diligence and followed up on September 2nd with Sales person and September 15th to make sure delivery and now they are saying they never ordered the product. While buying they confirmed that the product is available and will be delivered on time and now that are saying they cant do anything. That is totally unacceptable, I don't need refund I need the same appliances as I ordered a month ago.
                      I cannot do any adjustments as I is not my problem.Seems like my mistake is only that I ordered stuff at The Brick

Please handle this situation asap.

Thanks

Kanwaldeep Singh

After order manager said there is no inventory and can’t deliver appliances

• The Brick's response · Sep 19, 2021

Hello Kanwaldeep. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are disappointed to hear about your experience and would love the opportunity to review your concerns further. Please send us an email with your sales order information along with your review comments to [email protected] so we can further assist you!

Respond

The BrickDamaged bed, bad customer service

I am so frustrated and disappointed in the level of customer service I received from the brick. It's absolutely horrendous!
                        I bought a bed from the brick Sep 2020. They told me I can pick up my bed in mississauga in Nov. The date kept moving several times before I finally picked up my bed in January 2021. I didn't fuss because we are in a pandemic. After having the bed for a month, it broke. I called the store at weston road and highway 401 where the transaction was done to report it to them and arrange for a replacement part or an exchange. I was told to bring the entire footboard and slats back to mississauga. When I got to the warehouse I was told that they weren't doing any exchanges at that time. Now I have to return home to Toronto and store the broken bed, dismantled bed in my bedroom and sleep on the floor. Around April 2021 I went back to mississauga and exchanged the footboard however when I got home, it was missing the parts that were broken in the first place. I called the store to inform them only to be told that I would have to go back to mississauga and exchange the footboard again. I refused because I do not own a van big enough to carry a king size footboard. Each trip to mississauga I have to get a van to carry it and get people to move it in and out of my house. They finally agreed that I can come in to the store and they will try to find the broken part that I need so that I didn't have to go back to mississauga. That didn't work out. I was told that another exchange of the footboard might take a few months so I should choose another bed. Jul 2021 I went and chose and bed and was told that it was more expensive than the original bed so I paid the difference. Aug 2021 when the bed was delivered I noticed that it was the wrong bed. I went back to the store and I was told that someone had put the wrong tag on the bed I chose and that was why the wrong bed got delivered and that I needed to pay additional money for the correct bed. I refused. I then told them that I no longer wanted any bed from them and they needed to pick up their bed that is taking up all the space in my bedroom and refund the cost of the bed. They refused. They told me that I would have to take store credit. I don't know what I would do with store credit since I needed a bed and wanted to go elsewhere to get a bed so that I don't have to sleep on the floor any longer. It's now Sep 2021 and not only am I still sleeping on the floor, I am still storing the wrong bed in my bedroom. I have no space in my bedroom because of this. The brick has not taken any responsibility or apologized to me for any of this. Instead I was told that that the brick has many lawyers and a lot of money if I decide to take this to court. This is how the brick treat its customers

• The Brick's response · Sep 19, 2021

Hello Andrene. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are disappointed to hear about your experience and would love the opportunity to review your concerns further. Please send us an email with your sales order information along with your review comments to [email protected] so we can further assist you!

The BrickFrigidaire side by side freezer / fridge model FGSS2335TF7

Hi my name is Cheryl Mcmurray my husband Peter and i ordered a new frigidaire fridge in July 2020 from The Brick in Peterborough, Ontario and were told at the time that there would be a delay because of covid 19 with manufacturing and we took delivery of the fridge in November . We were away for a day in August of this year only to come home to our fridge freezer totally thawed and fridge blowing hot air we had to dispose of the contents We called the brick immediately that night only to be told we had to go through the manufacturer for warranty issues for which i then attempted to contact for 2 days only to constantly get the recording we are experiencing long wait times please call back another time. I then emailed frigidaire directly for which i was emailed back saying someone from frigidaire customer service would be contacting us directly within 3 days for which we are still waiting !!! To hear from someone from frigidaire. I then called back to the brick warranty dept and spoke with another individual who informed me that it is the brick's warranty dept that would be dealing with the issue, which we should have been directed to in the beginning. On August 18th, 2021 a service representative from Trans Global Service came to look at our fridge ref# 8449792 and we were told that the compressor would have to be replaced and that he wouldn't know until the fridge was totally dismantled and if there was oil in the lines the fridge was likely toast. When asked how long before he thought before the part would take to come in only to be told a week maybe or up to a month! We are now a month still waiting on a call to say the compressor is in. On August 19th the day after the service call the fridge totally shut down nothing is working on the fridge it's totally dead. On August 24th spoke again with warranty dept./service to ask about a timeline again for repair and to clarify if they were going to send someone again to assess the full problems with fridge being it's more than just a compressor issue and was told no. So here we sit now a month and a half no refrigerator. I feel the customer service we are experiencing from the brick is unacceptable and feel that after being a long time customer of the Brick (30 years) we will definitely think twice before purchasing another item from the Brick.

• The Brick's response · Sep 15, 2021

Hello Peter, We are very disappointed in reading about your experience and would like to look closer into this. Please email [email protected] with all details pertaining to the concern mentioned. Thank you!

Sep 13, 2021

The Brick — Fraud / wrong product

Invoice #0911136CDPQ LISCM34772 Hello name is Melissa Lische [protected] Saturday August 21 2021, paid...

The BrickArlo chaise

We purchased an Arlo Chaise 6 days ago, picked up ourselves, it was wrapped in dirty plastic. Got it home, and placed it in its spot. Upon a couple days of looking at it we noticed one side is quite discolored (at first we thought it was possibly shading from the light..took it outside and it was not that). We took pics and went back to the Brick, Newmarket. We spoke to customer service who agreed after seeing the pic that the piece of furniture was flawed. Our sales man Daniel and the Manager Joanne Ding would not even look at the photo. We were told due to their 48 hour no return no exchange policy they would not even consider replacing it for another that was confirmed to be IN STOCK! We were also told that due to covid and it being in our home this also played a part in their non return policy?? We were never told nor was it explained to us their 48 hour policy for returns or exchanges. It is extremely disappointing for a company as large as the Brick to not even exchange an item that definitely warrants a replacement. We weren't asking for our money back, just an exchange to correct the issue.

Arlo chaise

• The Brick's response · Sep 12, 2021

Hello Sharon. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are disappointed to hear about your experience and would love the opportunity to review your concerns further. Please send us an email with your sales order information along with your review comments to [email protected] so we can further assist you!

Respond

The BrickKing and state warranty for fridge

I purchased my LG fridge just over a year ago. Came home from vacation to discover my fridge freezer and water has stopped working. King and state sent someone to fix it. They were extremely rude and spent 4 hrs at my home but didn't fix anything. I was told a part would be ordered but then told it is unrepairable and we got a credit. Got a credit for $300 less than what we paid for the original fridge. We have sold our home and now are trying to receive our credit so the buyers of the home can get a fridge which is a part of our legal agreement with the house sale. Countless emails and phone calls but yet I get a brief response but no clear answer. I will never use them again and will be sure to blast it on social media.

• The Brick's response · Sep 12, 2021

Hello Ann-Marie. Reading your review has left us disappointed and we would like to extend our apologies to you. This experience certainly does not show the standards of service we wish to provide valued clients like yourself and we hope you can accept our apologies. If you wish to share more about this experience, then please reach out to us at [email protected] with more details. We would be happy to review your account and work together to find an amicable resolution. Thanks!