Having problems with Dollar Tree?

+1 877 530 8733 (Customer Service)
500 Volvo Pkwy
Chesapeake, Kansas
United States - 23320-1604

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Dollar Tree.

Complaints & Reviews

May 21, 2019

Dollar Tree — cashier tammy, cashier joe

I went to dollar tree best place to shop but not today. Cashiers were so rude. It was busy just one cash...

Dollar Treechurritos sticks

Got a pack of Churritos Sticks at my local dollar tree just to find out they were expired. I went back the next day to discover almost all packs were expired. To me its kinda gross that so much food was expired. Today is May 20th 2019 and that pack I bought was expired February 13th 2019 .I saw some expired in April when I went back, which isnt as bad, but still kind of gross.

Dollar Treeservices/ applications

On May 18 check line ring up items cashier got done she talk to me like being rude and mean stare I'm apply for job dollar tree all time last week I don't know because won't hire me because my disability or my race like every time go in there watch me think somebody going to steal not me this stuff crazy then try talk to me crazy told manger don't know she talk them in Fairview plaza my phone number is [protected] all time apply one out by Forsyth lady like she don't won't hire. Ask them all time do you put my bag in front lady say no just crazy that I have go through this. my email address [protected]@gmail.com

Henry87NY May 20, 2019

This is a poor attempt at trolling. If not then you should get therapy and stop blaming racism.

Dollar Treeall the staff was rude and the store was disgusting

I visited one of your Dollar Tree Stores on 5/18/19, Saturday at 930 am at 290 Saratoga Road in Glenville, NY. which used to be a great clean store however when i mentioned to the female employee at the register does no one vacuum the store and her comment to me was, we have 5 workers and their too busy to do it especially every time we get a customer rudely to me and the floors were horrible and i was a regular customer to your store and now i don't ever want to go back to Dollar Tree and do business because of what i had encountered with your staff! I am very surprised the health dept. has not visited that store. and i hope that someone contacts me with my concerns thankyou
      Tim/518.227.9302

• 4t
          4terare May 19, 2019

Mind your own business. DO not make comments and you won't have to worry about people being rude.

Henry87NY May 20, 2019

If they had the extra hours, they’d make the store look pretty. If they don’t have the time to recover the store because of rude and gross customers, then something as petty as vacuuming may be overlooked.

May 19, 2019

Dollar Tree — store condition

5/19/19 Store was a complete mess. Product fallen off shelves on the floor along with trash in every aisle...

May 18, 2019

Dollar Tree — jodie the manager

Jodie who's is the manager of the store was absolutely rude to a trainee because she made a mistake on taking...

Dollar Treeboxes everywhere in health and beauty

I will not shop at the novato dollar tree store # 4393 anymore. Everytime I go there the health and beauty aisles are empty but there are stacks and stackes of merchandise boxes lying around. This is
        1. A fire hazard
        2. A pain since I know what I keep coming for is in these stacks. (I checked the boxes)

The rest of the store is well stocked and fine. I was told by an employee that the stocker for health and beauty does nothing all day, I myself have witnessed her blasting her radio during store hours and yelling at both employees and customers. Lastly I just today over heard 2 managers laughing while saying the most Important thing in the stores is not cutting managers hours what happened to customer service and safety??
        I will report this store to the fire inspector for this store is a safety and fire hazard.
        Regarding the photos these boxes have been here since before Christmas!! and I checked the boxes they are all for health and beauty section.
        You need to get your act together.

GURL..r0ckband.last..name May 18, 2019

It’s very tough to keep a store fully stocked. The fact that one section is being left for daytime management is normal and air tight management from the freight and general manager, but that day time manager is really a bish. If it were me I’d go there and look for the merchandise on the unpaid; upon finding them, I’d open the box and take what I need. If yelled at I would get in her face and tell her to do her fvking job like the other managers in the store. She’s the problem in that store.

GURL..r0ckband.last..name May 18, 2019

@GURL..r0ckband.last..name *look for the merchandise on the uboats, not “unpaid”. Lol

Dollar Treeyour manager ariel leatherwood

Hello, my name is Leah Harris and I am a former employer of dollar tree stores. I would like to inform you that i am not complaining about my past experience as a dollar tree employee. The following information is based on a present experience dealing with two on going employees of your company. First i would like to state that i did enjoy working for your company and i regret that my employment status did not continue. I love dollar tree and I would like to state that me and my family spend hundreds of dollars, possibly thousands of dollars, each year with your company, even to present. I have bank and debit cards statements to verify this information. However, more to the point, your manager Ariel Leatherwood was my best friend and also my neighbor currently. She was the referee to my employment status with you as well. As of recent, a little background on the situation, I was helping Ariel on a strictly personal level by putting her power bill in my name. She refused to pay the bill and it quickly rose to 587 dollars, as of today. So, I told her to pay the bill or I would have to cut off her power. She replied do what you have to do. Therefore, she does not currently have electricity in her home. She took this personal situation and has involved the company. Ariel and the general manager, Tammy, came to my house today to receive their things. They informed me that tammy placed a do not trespassing order on me for the store and that my entire family was banned from shopping with your company and spending the hundreds and hundreds of dollars we can prove that we spend. I would also like to inform you that we did call dollar tree one time since the situation arose. This call was placed by my mother, Eugenia Harris. This call was placed because we could not contact her via cellphone and we simply wanted to warn her that if she did not come home soon that her food would spoil because she did no longer have DTE Energy services under my account. She answered and quickly hung up on my mother, and we did not even get to let her know we were simply concerned about her food and beverages. So therefore, your current employees have turned a civil dispute which is going to end up in civil court for repayment, into a dollar tree company issue. So, I would also like to state that me and my mother are disabled individuals. Ariel and Tammy have put us under great distress as of now. We are going to be contacting a lawyer in the morning as well as calling and speaking with your company over the phone to confirm our reports. I would also like to inform you of Ariels proven fraudulent activity. She is currently working for your company without a high school diploma. She has privately informed me that she lied on her application and during her interview to receive employment status. Ariel has also informed me that she has been diagnosed by a psychiatric specialist of having dyslexia. To be more specific she allowed me to read her medical psychiatric evaluation because "she couldn't understand it." I am not trying to defame her character in any shape, way, or form. I am simply informing you of her fraudulent activity that I believe your company should be aware of as it may affect current orders and acceptable monetary management procedures as well as other things. She has lied to the company in various ways that she has told me about as her best friend and neighbor. She will be seeing me in the local district court soon after June 3, 2019 when I file the civil claim. Moreover, I think you should better choose your current employees and access there proven references and records, such as having a high school diploma. I guarantee that if you investigate you will find this information to be true and that her employment within the company of Dollar tree to be doomed fraudulent. Moreover, I wish the no trespassing ordinance to be lifted against me, eugenia Harris, and declan harris. If not we will be seeking the necessary legal proceedings of receiving a lawyer and filing a lawsuit. We have done nothing to your company and we are very good customers. No one employee should rightfully involve their personal lives in the midst of the representation of dollar tree and its partners. It is very unprofessional to actively ban someone from a place of business due to matters that evolve from their private lives outside of work. In conclusion, I wish to be contacted for more information immediately regarding this situation to avoid any legal proceedings to be imposed on Dollar Tree and its affiliates. This situation that developed on the home front will be managed in civil court with your manager, Ariel Leatherwood. Please contact me at [protected] or at [protected]@gmail.com. If not, I regret to inform you that my lawyer will be in touch
          Deepest regards, Leah Harris.

May 16, 2019

The Dollar Tree — Slip and fall

To whom it may concern: My name is Carmen Mendez, I slipped and fell at your store yesterday. There was a...

May 15, 2019

Dollar Tree — cashier

I spend a lot of money in the dollar store. I was going threw checkout I had party supplies & paper product...

Peru

Dollar Treemanager

My wife works at one of your stores last week while I was in the hospital at the emergency room my wife was with me and called to speak with the store manager at North avenue five hours before her shift to get it covered the manager expressed that the job was more important than my health and that she couldn't get the shift covered I'm extremely disappointed in the way that your manager handled the situation I would like to speak with someone from your corporate office about lack of consideration from your store manager at the North avenue to my family [protected] my name is Joseph

GURL..r0ckband.last..name May 15, 2019

You said that the manager said that your health wasn’t as important as your wife’s job, were those his exact words? Are you sure she didn’t say that because your wife has a history of calling out, because that is the only cases that I’ve ever seen that a manager would be desperate enough to say what you had said she had said, although it would be in different words. So many times I saw people constantly calling out in crucial moments because of “a family emergency”. The statement was so broad, and they used the excuse so many times that unfortunately when there was an actual emergency, no one believed them. Family emergency is usually an excuse to watch your nephew even though you could’ve got your mother to do it. The excuse is “ well my mother has work”.. well DONT YOU ALSO HAVE WORK, and your calling out? Your saying that their job is more important? Ok, then you get let go if you don’t take your job seriously. I’ve seen this so many times.

May 14, 2019

Dollar Tree — customer service

I was recently at this location . I went to purchase rope my kids got ice cream and a toy. The cashier who...

Dollar Treestore dirty and boxes and u boats everywhere

Perth amboy dollar tree is dirty boxes stacked in every aisle uboats full to the top also in aisles very dangerous environment not only for customers but also employees store has bad managament they are always on cell phones not very helpful. Cashiers are rude and evening cashiers seem like its party hour. Hopefully you can clean up this store cause its a shame to see a good store go down due to poor management.

Dollar Treeservice

Thank you for the response and I hope this will be addressed. If I decide to visit this store again, I hope there will be an improvement in customer service.
                This is my complaint with the correct name of the manager:

I just visited your Milltown, NJ store and was extremely disappointed with the customer service.
                When I was ready to pay I approached the one cashier that was at the register. As he saw me approaching, he walked away and looked at me. I lingered by the isle waiting for him to say something. After an awkward couple of seconds he glanced at me again and walked over to the cash register . He stated
                "We're you waiting for me? You could've just put your things down on the belt."
                I responded "well I didn't know you were ready for me." When I glanced at his name tag I was appalled that he was the manager, Mr. Quamere.
                I've had over 30 years of customer service experience and what I've delivered and what I have experienced in most retail stores, is simply this approach: "do you need help or may I help you?"
                Not reprimanding me by stating I should've put the items down because he didn't know I was ready to pay.
                Completely unprofessional and a poor reflection on this company.
                I would advise focusing on the customer service training because someone with this approach should not be working there, nevertheless, be in management. I left that location not wanting to come back.

Dollar Treeslip and fall accident on 09/09/18

Terry m. rosenblum & associates p.a.
                  3900 hollywood boulevard, suite 201
                  Terry m. rosenblum hollywood, florida 33021 hollywood [protected]
                  Brian r. schwechter miami [protected]
                  _ ft. lauderdale [protected]
                  boca raton [protected]
                  Jerome m. rosenblum facsimile [protected]
                  Of counsel

Thrid notice certified mail return receipt requested

May 13, 2019

Dollar tree
                  4601 n.w. 199th street
                  Miami gardens, fl 33055
                  Attn: general manager

Re: our client: katron hope
                  Date of accident: 09/09/18

Dear sir/madam:

Please be advised that this firm represents mr. katron hope in connection with personal injuries he sustained as a result as a slip and fall accident due to a blue soapy substance on the floor. as mr. hope walked on the back aisle, near the soaps and detergents, he slipped on what it is believed to be dishwasher soap on the floor. he fell on his back and then to the left side of his body.

It is our understanding that this incident may have been caught by video surveillance and/or documented through incident reports. we believe that the destruction of such evidence would significantly impair our client's ability to pursue a civil action against your company. therefore, you are hereby on notice not to destroy, alter, edit, modify or misplace any documentation, such as videotapes, audio recordings, incident reports, work logs, or any physical evidence, which may prove or disprove liability regarding the matter stated above.
                  Please govern yourself accordingly.

Sincerely,

Terry m. rosenblum, esquire

GURL..r0ckband.last..name May 13, 2019

Let me let you in on a little secret: they don’t actually read these. The only time I’d actually got through to them is commenting on their Facebook.

Dollar Treesecurity issues

The Dollar tree store in Stone Mtn Ga, 30083, at the corner of Rays and Memorial Dr. has become a dangerous place to shop. It is extremely busy but there are a lot of homeless people hanging around, they sleep in the walkway and beg for money from customers trying to get into the store. They yell at you if you don't give them money.
                    These homeless people steal from the store, threaten to harm the employees and customers and make this particular store an unsafe place to shop.
                    There is no security guard at this store, Dollar Tree management obviously does not
                    care about its customers or employees and places profits about the safety of peoples
                    lives. It is just a matter of time before someone gets hurt or killed. The store should be boycotted until a security guard is hired.

GURL..r0ckband.last..name May 13, 2019

Why don’t you do this: ask to speak with the stores general manager, and not one of the assistant managers. Take him or her to the side and speak your concerns in a polite and convincing way. Tell him that a lot of people you know stopped using that location . Ask him if he could speak with his district manager about getting a security guard. If any one would find a store dangerous enough to need a security guard, it would be the management. So if he is not getting one, it is either one of three options: he submitted a request to the district manager and it is being looked into, he has yet to contact the district manager, or doesn’t find the store enough of a threat. I’d say talk to him.

Dollar Treejeamsata, store #2908 dearborn, mi

She was our cashier. She was on a personal phone call for the person ahead of us and throughout our entire time. She had a white chord in her ear. This was not an emergency call. She never said one word to us. I found this highly offensive.

I don't think this was the first time and I don't think it'll be the last! This is really disappointing. We love this store and hate to not go back because of it.

Linda McLaughlin
                      [protected]@yahoo.com

Henry87NY May 12, 2019

Cashiers at dollar tree are getting paid very close to the amount that their assistant managers are. They are not allowed on the phone as per company policy.

GURL..r0ckband.last..name May 13, 2019

I’m sorry but the first line sounds like an opening to a movie. 😫🥴she was our cashier...🥴🥴She VIOLATED us 🥺😝

• De
                          Deny-Jean May 16, 2019

Wow. They LOVE THAT STORE. It’s a @&!? Dollar Tree not The Taj Mahal ! On every corner you can find a DOLLAR TREE, DOLLAR GENERAL or FAMILY DOLLAR. If all else fails you can take up garage sales or thrift store shopping 🙄

Dollar Treestaff + safety

Yah got a convicted [censored] on day shift when the children are there. The store is 4587 in Maspeth, Queens. Floor stacks are so high of bleach and chemicals that they come crashing down. [censored] also sucks as a manager and is a bad guy. Plus they got broken windows. I've left a message with corporate, but it's clear they only care about money. I will call eye witness news if you don't fix the situation in a week.

• Updated by Henry87NY · May 11, 2019

The pediphile is a ASM, so how did he pass background check? Disgust...

• Updated by Henry87NY · May 11, 2019

Their phone number is [protected]. Have fun.

May 11, 2019

Dollar Tree — Manager

Everytime I go to this store it's always the same problem. Poor management! I was there yesterday after...

Dollar Treeclosing early

This evening 5/10/2019 I had shopped at the Dollar Tree South Zanesville, Ohio (Maysville Pike) to purchase items. When I arrive at home, I realized I needed one additional item, so I quickly returned knowing it was nearing closing time. When I arrived 10 minutes before the closing hour, I approached the door relieved that I had made it on time (as there were still shoppers in the store). When I approached the door, a heavy-set woman rushed to the door, grabbed it and said, "We're closed." I looked at the clock on my cell phone and replied, "But I still have 8-10 minutes before you close at 9:00." She replied, "Well...it's closed by OUR watch", then closed the door. She then turned her back to me and stood holding the door while staring at the people who were checking out. I needed ONE item.

I have nearly 40 years in customer service, both in working in a social service agency and managing salons, and I can tell you that it's common practice to accept the customers who arrive before closing time, even if it's only 5-10 minutes before the hour. I understand that employees want to get home to their families, however, business is business. The manner in which your employee conducted herself in abruptly refusing customers to enter the store before closing time was unprofessional and offensive at its worst, and quite bad for business in the least. If she did it to me, she's likely doing it regularly. How many customers is your business losing or offending?
                          -Teresa A. Allen 740.221.7123