Spirit Halloween Logo

Spirit Halloween

Having problems with Spirit Halloween?

Spirit Halloween reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Nov 28, 2011. The latest review Costume was posted on Sep 22, 2021. The latest complaint Horrible experience with false accusations was resolved on Sep 13, 2020. Spirit Halloween has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 81 reviews. Spirit Halloween has resolved 10 complaints.

Spirit Halloween Customer Service Contacts

6826 Black Horse Pike
Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Spirit Halloween Customer Service. Initial Spirit Halloween complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Spirit Halloween above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Spirit Halloween. Discuss the issues you have had with Spirit Halloween and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Spirit Halloween Complaints & Reviews

Spirit HalloweenCostume

Horrible service my 7 year old picked a costume out took it home and there were no pants in her costume that cost us almost 38 dollars. Tried returning they refused to help us I tried emailing no help no response will be going to Party City from now on. The man looked at me and treated me so poorly. I can't even begin to understand who these people work for and what kind of people they are. It's a good thing that our family is not struggling this time of year. Thank God we were able to afford another costume from party city where they DONT QUESTION THE CUSTOMER..

• Spirit Halloween's response · Sep 22, 2021

Good afternoon Cassie, We are sorry to hear about your in-store experience. Your feedback is important as we are always striving to improve our guest/employee experience. Thank you for bringing this to our attention! Please reach out to us privately at [email protected] with your contact information and store location that this occurred at, so that we are able to forward that on to the appropriate department for further assistance. We again apologize for your experience and look forward to hearing back from you.

Spirit Halloweenrude and unprofessional manager

This incident occured on September 19, 2021

My son wanted to wear his costume from last year to the Spirit Halloween store so he did. We walked into the store, looked around for a bit, found a new costume in which I was carrying, and was approached by an employee saying 'he cant walk around the store in the costumes!' and I said 'this is ours from home. You can look on your camera and see that we walked in with it'. She had a horrible attitude. Didn't ask first if he had indeed tried it on in the dressing room, she just assumed. Her tone was very rude. Then we got up to the check out to pay for the new costume, and she refused to wait on us. I said 'excuse me, are you open?' and she just looked at us and said nothing. Very unprofessional! I asked the man that checked us out what her name was but he said he didn't know. I asked to speak with a manager and he said she was the manager! Unbelievable that a manager would treat a patronizing customer that way. All I know about her is she's an african american female with blue hair and a bad attitude. We will be doing business with other Spirit stores in the future, but not this one anymore.

Spirit HalloweenLake elsinore california store

Busted my [censored] in this store to be treated like [censored]!!! I was assistant manager and treated like a dog!!!
      No thank!!!

Bringing up my daughter is very uncomfortable & unprofessional in work conversations!!!
      Russell who speaks to all women in a demeaning manner needs to go!! Rude, disrespectful cocky is not a way to be a manager!!!
      What is wrong with this world 🌎 when you can't even say thank you!!!
      Spirts you might want to check your teams!!!

Candace boles

Spirit HalloweenDistrict manager for store #60604 in dover delaware

This is my second year working for Spirit Halloween, as an assistant manager. My district manager's name is Kathleen Dondarksi, and from day one she has been verbally abusive to all of the employees. She talks to us like we're dogs. She's also told us "That's just how I talk to people, if you don't like it then don't work here.". My store manager has already reached out to the higher-ups but the same was done last year & she returned this year. My store # is 60604 in Dover, Delaware

Spirit HalloweenTerrible Management

I work at Spirit, I started two weeks ago and I would say I like my job. Except for the terrible management. The store manager always leaves without warning, leaving the employees(most of which are still minors and in high school) to figure things out. Often times she brings her son to work and the employees have to juggle watching him and doing their jobs as well.

Today, she didn't come in until half an hour before closing time. Instead she had another manager open the store, who then left two high school employees with minimal training alone during a rush. Only one of the employees had previously worked the register and still required further training before being left to work the register alone. My coworker was obviously overwhelmed having not received proper training yet being the only one working the register during a rush and had a panic attack. The manager who opened didn't return to the store until the same time as the store manager did; half an hour prior to closing.

After a while they sent employees from the other location to help. One of which was another manager. This manager made transphobic comments to myself and two other employees. When he was corrected after deadnaming an employee, he refused to use their preferred name. He said that he "didn't care" about our preferred names because he doesn't come to our location often. He also kept harassing one of our other employees (yelling at him for nothing, making him take on more responsibilities, watching him, etc.).

When my coworker reached out to our store manager about the situation(simply letting her know what happened and asking to be taken off the registers from now on) she responded by telling my coworker that they "didn't understand the situation" and "there were other people there." Not only did the store manager leave a 16 year old and a 17 year old to run the store, but she also tried to gaslight and lie to my coworker.

As I said, I really do like working at Spirit but the management is terrible. They mistreat and disrespect their employees, as well as expect untrained employees to manage the store when they randomly leave. I hope that we can get some better management soon.

• Spirit Halloween's response · Sep 14, 2021

Good afternoon, We are sorry to hear about your in-store experience. Your feedback is important as we are always striving to improve our guest/employee experience. Thank you for bringing this to our attention! Please reach out to us privately at [email protected] with your contact information and store location that this occurred at, so that we are able to forward that on to the appropriate department for further assistance. We again apologize for your experience and look forward to hearing back from you.

Nov 01, 2020

Spirit Halloween — Service

I wanted to do an exchange and refund I had everything set up by register they were training a girl that did...

Oct 31, 2020

Spirit Halloween — Refunds

You need to rewrite your exchange policy! It is absolutely ridiculous that people can't return product...

Oct 28, 2020

Spirit Halloween — The store district management

This place is not okay. I was a worker and was screamed infront of all the customers by the district manager...

Oct 23, 2020

Spirit Halloween — Manager

My transgender son has been working for Spirit Halloween this whole season, well until today. His manager...

Oct 17, 2020

Spirit Halloween — Returned costume and exchanged different character

We were at Spirt Halloween in Hilliard, Ohio and spoke with Lisa Manager. Explained to her that my mom bought...

Spirit HalloweenStuff

Today i was in the Spirit Halloween on Christopher Columbus Boulevard I was not happy at all. The manager there was rude and had an attitude. The stuff was just sitting behind the counter talking and laughing. I was not greeted when I went in. I felt like they didn't care if I was there spending money or not. I even asked the male that was working there for help and he laughed at me and walked away and talking to the other employee that was behind the counter. I will never go to this store again!!!

Oct 04, 2020

Spirit Halloween — Injury of my daughter

My 12 year old was injured at store 60708 causing a broken leg. I need some one to contact me from your...

Sep 27, 2020

Spirit Halloween — Employee

I was in this spirit store yesterday, my husband and I spend a lot of money each year in this store and wa...

Sep 13, 2020

Spirit Halloween — Horrible experience with false accusations

Yesterday we visited the store in 2703 route 541 suite 5 in Burlington Nj, we walked in was greeted by Kathi...

Sep 10, 2020

Spirit Halloween — Employee working at Westover in Greensboro wearing a ‘black lives matter tshirt and. Black lives matter face mask

I was shock to walk into the westover spirit halloween store in greensboro nc. The employee working behind...

Jul 29, 2020

Spirit Halloween — District manager

I am a new employee for this company. However I have never seen such disrespect degrading and poor management...

Nov 14, 2019

Spirit Halloween — pop figure, limited edition, hocus pocus

I ordered my pop figurine as a present for a friend at the end of September 2019. A month had passed and the...

Spirit Halloweenfog mashine

i bought a fog machine about a month ago but only opened it on halloween day.
              Turns out it only works for about a minute and then turns off. It supposed to work continuously as long as plugged it but the red light keeps turning off. Also the remote only works when you're standing two feet or less from it so to to turn it back on you have to come outside and basically stand next to it the hole time turning it on and off.
              So I didn't have fog this Halloween. I was extremely disappointed . What can be done to remedy the situation?

fog mashine

RESOLVED

• Spirit Halloween's response · Feb 07, 2020

Hi @Ela Shusterman. After further review of your receipt that you have attached, please be advised that this was not purchased at Spirit Halloween. It appears this fog machine was purchased at Halloween City(possibly party city) and not from Spirit Halloween. I am sorry to hear about your experience, but you may have to contact their Customer Service Line for further assistance with this matter. We welcome you to visit our website at https://www.spirithalloween.com/ for your Halloween Decor.

• Ha
                  Hammee Oct 11, 2020

I just bought the exact same machine from Spirit of Halloween store in Tyson’s Corner VA. It is a piece of junk. Works for 1 minute then turns off and only comes back on by pressing the remote button. This is completely false advertising and I will be filing a complaint with Better Business Bureau. What a ripoff!

Spirit Halloweencustomer service both in store + over phone=awful.

Basically, I was first in line for checkout but was standing a couple feet to the side of where the line was supposed to start-which wasn't marked. The cashier rung up my sister who was before me, but then told me that she'd have to ring up the people in line behind me first as they were in line, even though I'd been there several minutes longer than any of the customers in line, which she was aware of. I had to go to the back of the long line and wait, even though I was first. Very frustrating and downright irrational and rude.
                I've now been trying to call to complain for quite a while and I'm convinced they don't have any customer service representatives at all with how long I've been on hold. I've been waiting for hours to speak to someone and nothing.
                Completely ridiculous. If you're shopping at spirit Halloween, you'd better hope everything goes perfectly according to plan because customer service is NON-EXISTENT.

RESOLVED

• Spirit Halloween's response · Feb 07, 2020

Hi @Isabelle Scheer. We are sorry to hear about your in-store experience. Your feedback is important as we are always striving to improve our guest experience. Thank you for bringing this experience to our attention! You can contact us at [email protected] or [protected] for further assistance.

Oct 31, 2019

Spirit Halloween — customer service

Hello I just dashed over to the northern Road location because they said they were open until 11 I chose it...