Having problems with Dollar Tree?

Dollar Tree Customer Service Contacts

+1 877 530 8733 (Customer Service)
500 Volvo Pkwy
Chesapeake, Kansas
United States - 23320-1604

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Dollar Tree Customer Service. Initial Dollar Tree complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Dollar Tree above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Dollar Tree. Discuss the issues you have had with Dollar Tree and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Dollar Treeservice/employees

I need to file complaints about the Dollar Tree located in Findlay, OH 45840 on 2250 Tiffin Ave. Me and my mother are regular costumers. We go there almost everyday to purchase items. A few of the ladies that work there are always very disrespectful and rude to us. My mother is disabled and has a hard time walking. She is very ill and has stage 4 cancer and liver failure. They always complain and are rude to her because of how slow she is and she is not in the right state of mind like a normal person. There is multiple occasions where they were sweeping the floors and knocked into her and almost made her fall. They stand in her pathway and make her go all the way around instead of being courteous and stepping out of the way for a second. They have 4 cash registers but only ever have 1 open and leaves multiple people waiting in line for long periods of time when they could get someone else up front to help when they are just standing around. I have already reported these complaints to the BBB and will be looking into other places to report this to. I have never seen such rude, disrespectful and unprofessional employees. We will no longer be regular customers for this store if this is how they are gonna let their employees treat customers.

Hello,
    My name is [removed]. I am writing this email in regards to a horrible experience I had today at the Dollar Tree in Avondale Az. The cashier Rose and the customer behind me began giving me hard time for speaking Spanish to my mom as I was checking out. The cashier Rose told the customer behind me I was talking badly about her(the customer) in Spanish. They began talking about how rude I was for speaking Spanish. When I replied to both the cashier and Rose telling them my conversation had nothing to with them. The cashier Rose argued with me that I was talking "trash" in Spanish. I continued to say I wasn't talking about them. All this was happening while Rose was checking me out. Then the customer and the Rose (still while checking me out) began saying that I was rude and poorly educated for speaking Spanish as I was checking out. After Rose completely checked me out I stayed by as they continued to talk about me for speaking Spanish. As the customer who was talking about me with Rose left the store she told me that next I need to check out normal without speaking Spanish because this is America. As I attempted to defend myself the store manager came over and asked me to leave and never come back because I was causing problems in his store. If someone can please contact me for me details. Store#2680 05/22/2019 my phone number is [protected]

service

Dollar TreeI am a current employee and I was very badly treated and felt very disrespected. my employee id was [protected]

I was very happy to get this postion so exitced. But it turned very sadly and i felt like it was just wrong please help me with this situation. thank you

Then it turned very badly

I was hired on as a sales associate The manager told me the store wouldn't open until the end of may then she changed it to may 9th.. The first week of work which was last week i went in, and Wednesday i was scheduled for 8-4 pm i had to do truck with everyone which was okay but i have a left rib issue and it hurts to pick up anything heavy my arm also gives out on me if i try to pick up things heavy. it hurt to do this but i wanted to do the work however i hurt myself that day/ i did the work okay but tried to pace my self and take breathes i didn't want to issues. Thursday we can in at 12-4 or 5 i was doing shelf's putting them in and it was a lot of heavy lifting my self. i toughed it out for awhile but i couldn't do it anymore I was in tears so me and another associate where doing the shelf's together and then i went to the restroom when i came back. She moved me to a different aisle alone to do them. i was in severe pain my whole left side hurt really bad pain. So i went ahead and told the manager that hired me her name was Patrica that s all i know. That can i speak to you a minute and she just asked me at the moment whats going on then i told her mam . I cant do the shelf's anymore i have a rib/kidney issue and it hurts to pick up heavy items at time and the pain can get very severe. She was speaking kinda under her breathe and told me its in my job description i then told her no mam you didn't explain this to me the day of hire. i thought the store was going to be finished by other workers. Equipped for the job role.As i explained i would just come into the store day it opened she then told me to hold on while she went over to the assistant manager (sorry cant remember her name) And she went up to me and everyone was there all employees where listing in and could hear the conversation. (i felt humiliated and hurt and upset). The aslant manager told me what was going on i told her that this was not the job role i was hired to do and i am sorry but i cant do anymore of the heavy lifting and i told her and Patrica that i could work any other section of the store as long it didn't require that much lifting. But i could stay and work. They then argued to me about my role for the position i was hired for but i was hired for sales associate. I told them sales associate. and she asked if i had put in writing that i had this health issue and told her no mam but we went over the position when i was hired it would be cashier. They both told me to go home by this time i am in tears cause i didn't expect to be treated poorly or like this . I apologized a couple times. and told them i don't have to go home i can work anything else needed they told me that the rest of this week and next would be like this kind of work. And they call me when the store opened. AS i walking away to go clock out i heard an associate go up to Patrica and ask her why i was leaving and she told them i cant do this job description and i had to go home and wasn't for sure if i could come back. I was very very excited to come to work For dollar tree had open availability and i been in retail over 14 years i didn't like the way this was handled am sorry.I need this position and i am willing to come back maybe move stores if i can if you let me who ever decides this decision i didn't want to write this concern about what happened but it has bothered me ever since it happened and i felt like i was treated badly and unfairly so can you please help me on to decide if i can come in the store was suppose to open this week and still haven't had a call and i cant reach that store cant find the phone number since its barely opened please help me and to decide what i can do thanks so much. I wanted a chace at this store really have tons and tons of expierece over 13 years and i wanted to grow far with this company but would you be okay if you were treated this way i want to go back but i just dont know what to do thanks

Dollar Treeservice

Store #2067 on 5/21/19. As i got in a line of 10 transactions in front of me and a growing) line behind me i searched for another associate. Once found as she was helping a male find a type of cup and discuss another conversation i patiently waited. Upon a small break in her conversation i asked if she was able to help her lone cashier ring people out as the line had gone to 20 transactions. She replied "no, my supervisor said to do the floor for an inspection happening tomorrow." I returned to the line and waited my turn. I replied to the cashier's how are you question, "Would be better if your other cashier would come help you ring out this extremely long line." She replied our supervisor Crystal told her to stay on the floor for upcoming inspection... I am in retail. I know our store policy is customer first. If there store was in such disarray that customers come last because they need to fix it before inspection perhaps managment needs fixed also.

• Ba
            basefistrotten May 21, 2019

People in retail who go around harassing employees in other companies of the same line of work, need to have a customer just like them.I hope you get a self centered impatient customer like yourself.

Dollar Treetransactions..

Dollar tree took about 17 bucks off my card.. just because i paid for nothing.. and everything was voided..canceled out several times.. i tried to take money off my card several times.. this is what happened. Wanting all my money back. Nothing was bought and no cash was recieved.. thanks marshall mo 65340
          [protected]
          Last 4 digits = 8362
          Happened 5-21-19

transactions..

Dollar Treecustomer service

We have had our Dollar tree around 10 years in our neighborhood. Always shelf's empty, rude service, always change over in mgmt. Always outside smoking. This is consistent every time I visit a near buy nail salon. Today no different. They complain how bad they are treated and under paid, it's all you here. I visit other dollar trees in my area . There always busy, nice, shelves full completely different. This store is at Jewell and South Wadsworth Lakewood Colorado. Someone really needs to see the issues here.

customer service

May 21, 2019

Dollar Tree — cashier tammy, cashier joe

I went to dollar tree best place to shop but not today. Cashiers were so rude. It was busy just one cash...

Dollar Treechurritos sticks

Got a pack of Churritos Sticks at my local dollar tree just to find out they were expired. I went back the next day to discover almost all packs were expired. To me its kinda gross that so much food was expired. Today is May 20th 2019 and that pack I bought was expired February 13th 2019 .I saw some expired in April when I went back, which isnt as bad, but still kind of gross.

Dollar Treeservices/ applications

On May 18 check line ring up items cashier got done she talk to me like being rude and mean stare I'm apply for job dollar tree all time last week I don't know because won't hire me because my disability or my race like every time go in there watch me think somebody going to steal not me this stuff crazy then try talk to me crazy told manger don't know she talk them in Fairview plaza my phone number is [protected] all time apply one out by Forsyth lady like she don't won't hire. Ask them all time do you put my bag in front lady say no just crazy that I have go through this. my email address [protected]@gmail.com

• He
                    Henry87NY May 20, 2019

This is a poor attempt at trolling. If not then you should get therapy and stop blaming racism.

Dollar Treeall the staff was rude and the store was disgusting

I visited one of your Dollar Tree Stores on 5/18/19, Saturday at 930 am at 290 Saratoga Road in Glenville, NY. which used to be a great clean store however when i mentioned to the female employee at the register does no one vacuum the store and her comment to me was, we have 5 workers and their too busy to do it especially every time we get a customer rudely to me and the floors were horrible and i was a regular customer to your store and now i don't ever want to go back to Dollar Tree and do business because of what i had encountered with your staff! I am very surprised the health dept. has not visited that store. and i hope that someone contacts me with my concerns thankyou
                  Tim/518.227.9302

• He
                      Henry87NY May 20, 2019

If they had the extra hours, they’d make the store look pretty. If they don’t have the time to recover the store because of rude and gross customers, then something as petty as vacuuming may be overlooked.

• 4t
                      4terare May 19, 2019

Mind your own business. DO not make comments and you won't have to worry about people being rude.

May 19, 2019

Dollar Tree — store condition

5/19/19 Store was a complete mess. Product fallen off shelves on the floor along with trash in every aisle...

May 18, 2019

Dollar Tree — jodie the manager

Jodie who's is the manager of the store was absolutely rude to a trainee because she made a mistake on taking...

Dollar Treeboxes everywhere in health and beauty

I will not shop at the novato dollar tree store # 4393 anymore. Everytime I go there the health and beauty aisles are empty but there are stacks and stackes of merchandise boxes lying around. This is
                    1. A fire hazard
                    2. A pain since I know what I keep coming for is in these stacks. (I checked the boxes)

The rest of the store is well stocked and fine. I was told by an employee that the stocker for health and beauty does nothing all day, I myself have witnessed her blasting her radio during store hours and yelling at both employees and customers. Lastly I just today over heard 2 managers laughing while saying the most Important thing in the stores is not cutting managers hours what happened to customer service and safety??
                    I will report this store to the fire inspector for this store is a safety and fire hazard.
                    Regarding the photos these boxes have been here since before Christmas!! and I checked the boxes they are all for health and beauty section.
                    You need to get your act together.

GURL..r0ckband.last..name May 18, 2019

It’s very tough to keep a store fully stocked. The fact that one section is being left for daytime management is normal and air tight management from the freight and general manager, but that day time manager is really a bish. If it were me I’d go there and look for the merchandise on the unpaid; upon finding them, I’d open the box and take what I need. If yelled at I would get in her face and tell her to do her fvking job like the other managers in the store. She’s the problem in that store.

GURL..r0ckband.last..name May 18, 2019

@GURL..r0ckband.last..name *look for the merchandise on the uboats, not “unpaid”. Lol

Dollar Treeyour manager ariel leatherwood

Hello, my name is Leah Harris and I am a former employer of dollar tree stores. I would like to inform you that i am not complaining about my past experience as a dollar tree employee. The following information is based on a present experience dealing with two on going employees of your company. First i would like to state that i did enjoy working for your company and i regret that my employment status did not continue. I love dollar tree and I would like to state that me and my family spend hundreds of dollars, possibly thousands of dollars, each year with your company, even to present. I have bank and debit cards statements to verify this information. However, more to the point, your manager Ariel Leatherwood was my best friend and also my neighbor currently. She was the referee to my employment status with you as well. As of recent, a little background on the situation, I was helping Ariel on a strictly personal level by putting her power bill in my name. She refused to pay the bill and it quickly rose to 587 dollars, as of today. So, I told her to pay the bill or I would have to cut off her power. She replied do what you have to do. Therefore, she does not currently have electricity in her home. She took this personal situation and has involved the company. Ariel and the general manager, Tammy, came to my house today to receive their things. They informed me that tammy placed a do not trespassing order on me for the store and that my entire family was banned from shopping with your company and spending the hundreds and hundreds of dollars we can prove that we spend. I would also like to inform you that we did call dollar tree one time since the situation arose. This call was placed by my mother, Eugenia Harris. This call was placed because we could not contact her via cellphone and we simply wanted to warn her that if she did not come home soon that her food would spoil because she did no longer have DTE Energy services under my account. She answered and quickly hung up on my mother, and we did not even get to let her know we were simply concerned about her food and beverages. So therefore, your current employees have turned a civil dispute which is going to end up in civil court for repayment, into a dollar tree company issue. So, I would also like to state that me and my mother are disabled individuals. Ariel and Tammy have put us under great distress as of now. We are going to be contacting a lawyer in the morning as well as calling and speaking with your company over the phone to confirm our reports. I would also like to inform you of Ariels proven fraudulent activity. She is currently working for your company without a high school diploma. She has privately informed me that she lied on her application and during her interview to receive employment status. Ariel has also informed me that she has been diagnosed by a psychiatric specialist of having dyslexia. To be more specific she allowed me to read her medical psychiatric evaluation because "she couldn't understand it." I am not trying to defame her character in any shape, way, or form. I am simply informing you of her fraudulent activity that I believe your company should be aware of as it may affect current orders and acceptable monetary management procedures as well as other things. She has lied to the company in various ways that she has told me about as her best friend and neighbor. She will be seeing me in the local district court soon after June 3, 2019 when I file the civil claim. Moreover, I think you should better choose your current employees and access there proven references and records, such as having a high school diploma. I guarantee that if you investigate you will find this information to be true and that her employment within the company of Dollar tree to be doomed fraudulent. Moreover, I wish the no trespassing ordinance to be lifted against me, eugenia Harris, and declan harris. If not we will be seeking the necessary legal proceedings of receiving a lawyer and filing a lawsuit. We have done nothing to your company and we are very good customers. No one employee should rightfully involve their personal lives in the midst of the representation of dollar tree and its partners. It is very unprofessional to actively ban someone from a place of business due to matters that evolve from their private lives outside of work. In conclusion, I wish to be contacted for more information immediately regarding this situation to avoid any legal proceedings to be imposed on Dollar Tree and its affiliates. This situation that developed on the home front will be managed in civil court with your manager, Ariel Leatherwood. Please contact me at [protected] or at [protected]@gmail.com. If not, I regret to inform you that my lawyer will be in touch
                      Deepest regards, Leah Harris.

May 16, 2019

The Dollar Tree — Slip and fall

To whom it may concern: My name is Carmen Mendez, I slipped and fell at your store yesterday. There was a...

May 15, 2019

Dollar Tree — cashier

I spend a lot of money in the dollar store. I was going threw checkout I had party supplies & paper product...

Peru

Dollar Treemanager

My wife works at one of your stores last week while I was in the hospital at the emergency room my wife was with me and called to speak with the store manager at North avenue five hours before her shift to get it covered the manager expressed that the job was more important than my health and that she couldn't get the shift covered I'm extremely disappointed in the way that your manager handled the situation I would like to speak with someone from your corporate office about lack of consideration from your store manager at the North avenue to my family [protected] my name is Joseph

GURL..r0ckband.last..name May 15, 2019

You said that the manager said that your health wasn’t as important as your wife’s job, were those his exact words? Are you sure she didn’t say that because your wife has a history of calling out, because that is the only cases that I’ve ever seen that a manager would be desperate enough to say what you had said she had said, although it would be in different words. So many times I saw people constantly calling out in crucial moments because of “a family emergency”. The statement was so broad, and they used the excuse so many times that unfortunately when there was an actual emergency, no one believed them. Family emergency is usually an excuse to watch your nephew even though you could’ve got your mother to do it. The excuse is “ well my mother has work”.. well DONT YOU ALSO HAVE WORK, and your calling out? Your saying that their job is more important? Ok, then you get let go if you don’t take your job seriously. I’ve seen this so many times.

May 14, 2019

Dollar Tree — customer service

I was recently at this location . I went to purchase rope my kids got ice cream and a toy. The cashier who...

Dollar Treestore dirty and boxes and u boats everywhere

Perth amboy dollar tree is dirty boxes stacked in every aisle uboats full to the top also in aisles very dangerous environment not only for customers but also employees store has bad managament they are always on cell phones not very helpful. Cashiers are rude and evening cashiers seem like its party hour. Hopefully you can clean up this store cause its a shame to see a good store go down due to poor management.

Dollar Treeservice

Thank you for the response and I hope this will be addressed. If I decide to visit this store again, I hope there will be an improvement in customer service.
                            This is my complaint with the correct name of the manager:

I just visited your Milltown, NJ store and was extremely disappointed with the customer service.
                            When I was ready to pay I approached the one cashier that was at the register. As he saw me approaching, he walked away and looked at me. I lingered by the isle waiting for him to say something. After an awkward couple of seconds he glanced at me again and walked over to the cash register . He stated
                            "We're you waiting for me? You could've just put your things down on the belt."
                            I responded "well I didn't know you were ready for me." When I glanced at his name tag I was appalled that he was the manager, Mr. Quamere.
                            I've had over 30 years of customer service experience and what I've delivered and what I have experienced in most retail stores, is simply this approach: "do you need help or may I help you?"
                            Not reprimanding me by stating I should've put the items down because he didn't know I was ready to pay.
                            Completely unprofessional and a poor reflection on this company.
                            I would advise focusing on the customer service training because someone with this approach should not be working there, nevertheless, be in management. I left that location not wanting to come back.