Walgreenshumiliated by a pharmacist

J Jul 02, 2019

This happened in Michigan, Walgreens in Royal Oak, Woodward avenue and Coolidge.
I went there a week ago to pick up my prescription, my dad has passed away and my doctor upped my clonazepan dosage to 3x a day vs one. I have been taking this medication at the same dose every night for 15 years now, never upped the dose, no addiction issues and I never had issues with the dose. Until now, my dad was murdered 20 days ago and I was/am in a panic state constantly and my doctor upped my dose to keep me from having a heart attack. The pharmacist refused to fill the rx the first time since it needed 8 days more. No issue, I still had enough meds . I came back 10 days later and pharmacy Manager Marcia treated me like a junkie. Told me I was forging the rx and that it was too early for me to fill the script, told her colleague "This woman is having issues" laughing and rolling her eyes. She yelled at me and proceeded to call my Drs. Office. My Dr. Confirmed the change in dose and the times per day I take, he also told her he made the change 10 days ago so he wasn't sure what her issue was. She filled the rx while giving me dirty looks. Then I politely asked her if the issue was sorted out and she yelled at me and said "step to the other side, didn't you see me talking to your doctor?" Or something like that. She was so mad that I was correct about the changes that she tossed my rx to the tech (who was very polite) and proceeded to diss me to her coleagues right in front of me and the other customers. She treated me like a junkie, mocking me the whole time, yelling at me and disrespected my grief and humiliated me in front of many people. Never again going there.

• SubSquirrel Jul 02, 2019

Fifteen years is dependency on medicine. You think you aren’t addicted but taking medication for that long is pure addiction. Your doctor is not a good doctor if supplying you with benzos like that.

• Ho
    Hobo8157 Jul 27, 2019

@SubSquirrel Mind your own business people and stop the damn criticising of the drs. Stop insinuating that everyone has to lead this chemical free life. The medicines were invented for a reason so let us partake in our treatment eithout the expectation from goody goodies about wether a physician is a "good doctor" basede on your opinions.

• SubSquirrel Jul 28, 2019

@Hobo8157 I’m on Morphine three times a day plus eight others medications. I asked to cut the dosage from thirty milligrams to twenty and then to fifteen. At that point I’d been on it for ten years. Now two years later I function on the same amount. Do I need more? Yes. Will I take it? Nope. My body will keep requiring more so I just deal with the pain

If you choose to post here, it IS my business to respond as I choose. I’m well-versed in pain management and medication. My opinions are based on your comments.

• Ki
    Kirk Kirkpatrick Aug 09, 2019

@SubSquirrel Sorry I call BS. You are not an expert. You are a patient. DO you have a background in science? 30mg TID ms does not sound like any Rx I have ever written. What is the ailment that would require this?

Your opinions are a layman's opinion and that is obvious.

• SubSquirrel Aug 09, 2019

@Kirk Kirkpatrick With a medical background plus twelve years of at least eight meds daily, I think I have knowledge of pharmaceuticals and not from the Internet. I believe 90 mgs is the daily threshold for Morphine. I cut back to 60 but more won’t help my pain.

Your opinion is that I’m a layman and I have no medical knowledge. I’m not here to prove myself or profess I know all about medications.

My diagnoses are not going to be posted publicly for you to dissect. A few friends here know my situation and they have their own medical issues.

You might be qualified to write scripts but you could be a podiatrist or dermatologist or dentist.

• SubSquirrel Jul 03, 2019

Pharmacists should report the lengthy prescriptions and doctors to an agency set up for that. Opioid addiction is out of control and doctors are mostly responsible.

• Ki
    Kirk Kirkpatrick Aug 09, 2019

@SubSquirrel @ SubSquirrel

Your qualifications to make such remarks? Access to the internet does NOT make one a medical professional. Your internet search is nothing compared to a medical degree.

Opioid addiction is out of control and part of the problem is people who ACT like experts when they are laymen.

• SubSquirrel Aug 09, 2019

@Kirk Kirkpatrick For what I stated, experience created my opinion. I don’t use the Internet for medical research and use a PDR for pharmaceutical products.

Addiction has nothing to do with people stating their knowledge and experience. Opioid addiction is due to medical professionals who are tricked into prescribing medications for imaginary ailments. They’re too busy to take the time to get to know the patient. Write a script, bill excessively, next in line.

• SubSquirrel Jul 28, 2019

Yes. If they cut your dosage and you can’t function without more meds then you’re addicted.