Having problems with Michaels Stores?

Michaels Stores Customer Service Contacts

1800 642 4235 (USA and Canada)
8000 Bent Branch Drive
Thu8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Fri8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Sat9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Michaels Stores Customer Service. Initial Michaels Stores complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Michaels Stores above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Michaels Stores. Discuss the issues you have had with Michaels Stores and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Michaels Stores Complaints & Reviews

Feb 20, 2021

Michaels Stores — Same day delivery order

I placed a large online order for same day delivery, over $300 for a party. I placed the order and received...

Michaels Storespackaging

I just want to begin this with saying that I love your store, and it is a wonderful convenience for a crafter such as myself. That being said, I can no longer shop at your store until you sort out your curbside pickup bagging options. This makes me very sad to say, since I use your shop for all my art projects, but since covid began and in store shopping was not an option I purchased yarn online and called the store to ask them to leave it in the bin outside without a plastic bag because taking care of the environment is my priority (and I should think the priority of any business establishment as well) but when I went to pick it up they had put it in a plastic bag. I think you should make it an option where purchasers can choose if it is bagged or not, or maybe even offer a paper bag for light weight products. I can't imagine paper bags are too expensive.

Feb 02, 2021

Michaels Stores — eGift card

December 9th 2020, I purchased a egift card for my GF who is a frequent customer of michael's. I have...

Jan 27, 2021

Michaels — Coupons

1/27/21 Just was @ Michael's only to learn you no longer have coupons available to customers @ the...

Michaels StoresManagement

I visited a store today to shop for art supplies for my girlfriend and right when I entered the store I saw everyone wearing a face mask except for one lady. This lady happened to be closely assisting a couple of senior citizens and was talking to them maybe 30 inches away from their faces without a mask. As someone who has a senior citizen mother that is high risk, I take this very personally. I asked an associate to speak to a manager, and guess who the manager was? Yep, you guessed it, the lady without the mask. Please confirm receiving this complaint.

Management
    Management

Michaels StoresMy whole order was cancelled when only 2 items were out of stock.

I placed an online order for 3 items. I received a notice of cancellation 2 days later for 2 of the items I ordered. I looked up my order # on the website and nothing displays. My whole order was cancelled. I used the online chat and received the robot. I selected to chat with a person and I received a message that customer service is closed. It is 9:30 am so I'm baffled as to why they are not open. I would like to attach my cancellation notice and order, however, I don't see a place for attachments.

Michaels StoresLack of in-stock yarn

I started shopping at Michaels after AC Moore closed down, and thought I would be able to at least get similar yarn there for what I need.

Their Value Craft yarn, which was perfect for my needs, is constantly out of stock, and I'm lucky if I find two colors available, if any. This has been going on for months, where I will go in even when it's not on sale and find the wall for that yarn almost totally empty.

They finally got in Studio Classic, which was AC Moore's yarn, and for a couple of weeks I was able to get that. Now that's out as well, and is constantly out when I check either online or in-store.

They have a sale this week on yarn, and it's the same thing. What's the point of having sales when you never get the item in stock? Just because you have one color, that doesn't justify it being a "sale."

I don't want to spend more money on yarn, and they don't have what I want other than the yarn that's never available. If stock is hard to get in due to COVID, then stop having sales on it until you can get enough in regularly enough to fulfill the sale.

Their website is horrible when checking for yarn. Wal-Mart's site actually tells you what items are stock according to store without having to click on individual items to find out. If you just go to their yarn page, it shows in real-time what's in and what's not. Michaels makes you click on a particular yarn, then on a particular color before you know if it's available or not, which is time-consuming and frustrating.

I have complained to them directly in the past, but now I notice they no longer have a contact e-mail address on their site, which tells me that I'm not the only one having issues with them. I complained about their Rewards Program, but I have gotten a couple of vouchers from them for purchases over time, so at least that's a little better. But not having items available and then having a sale is just dumb.

I know that things are hard since the pandemic, but if other stores can manage to get regular items in stock, I don't see how they are any different. Having a bare wall on a regular basis just looks bad for them, and it doesn't encourage me to keep going there.

Michaels needs to work harder to improve their site, their Rewards Program and their stock if they want to keep people coming back. There are still other stores out there that offer better deals, even if they're a little more out of my way to get to them. I may just have to start going elsewhere.

Dec 21, 2020

Michaels Stores — Abusive employee

I am a regular patron of Michael's Grande Prairie location. Over time I have witnessed inappropriate...

Grande Prairie

Michaels StoresWebsite

I have been totally disappointed with Michael's online website this season. I spent hours running around looking for items that were listed as "in stock in store" but when I arrived the items were out of stock. I also spent two hours on the phone trying to locate items that were no longer available. I'm so physically exhausted and mentally drained. I hope that sooner than later that you guys will update your system. It will keep another customer from running around like a chicken with no head, looking for items that are no longer in store.

Dec 04, 2020

Michaels Stores — Door dash same day delivery and customer care who continued to botch up the order.

Order Number Mik32273149 case number [protected] Do not place a order over the phone for Same day delivery at...

Michaels StoresOnline order not delivered after 2 weeks

ORDER #MIK30758031
            I am unable to call customer service because your supplied number is invalid!! I placed an order on 11/16/20 & only received half of the order. The post office told me the order is not lost!!
            Where is my order?!?

Michaels StoresCustomer service

My husband went into the craft store, first he went in the Union City location and the two ladies at the cash register were talking for a few minutes before they even addressed him. He asked for someone to help open one of the cases that a had lock on it. I just got a Silhouette Cameo 4 and needed a blade. The ladies continued to talk to eachother and so my husband asked if someone would meet him there and the one lady said "what kind of lock is it" so one of the lady finished her conversation and said "I'll help him" The lady followed him then looked up at him up and down and said it would be up front. I don't appreciate this kind of attitude towards my husband. You guys need to better up your customer service. Do not talk to eachother, this is a place where Amazon is taking over and we want to support the local stores!!!

Nov 19, 2020

Michaels Stores — Terrible store management and customer service!

Today (11/18/2020) I went to my local Michaels to purchase 1 item... 1. The Dunes On Monterey Bay 121...

Nov 01, 2020

Michaels Stores — Accused of stealing after using a bathroom

I went into Michael's arts and crafts store with the intention of doing a little shopping I hadn't been into...

Oct 19, 2020

Michaels Stores — Fraudulent rewards program

On october 14, 2020, my rewards account stated I was $0.06 away from my next $5 voucher. I also saw in my...

Oct 16, 2020

Michaels — Rewards

Michaels started promoting rewards points for purchases if you have signed up for their rewards card, to earn...

Oct 04, 2020

Michaels Store — Customer service

Regarding Micheals Store # [protected] Complaint Department 10/04/2020 I, an African American women...

Michaels StoresThe store

I went to the Davenport Iowa Michaels Store, it was pathetic, the shelves are nearly empty, the floors are filthy, and the bathrooms haven't been cleaned in a week, I don't know if your going out of buisness or what. But you need better management, Shopping at your store today was a nightmare. nothing of what you used to carry is on the shelves. Your Employees, are rude, obnoxious, and just plain stupid. They didn't want to help anybody, they sassed an elderly lady, and couldn't answer her questions.

Aug 21, 2020

Michaels Stores — Checking out

Two weeks ago I went to Michaels on Doral Dr. Poland, Ohio. I made my purchase and took it to the register. I...

Aug 02, 2020

Michaels Stores — I was banned from store after telling clerk I had medical exemption to wearing a mask

On August 1st, 2020, my wife and I entered the Michaels store about lunch time and she shopped for some time...