Having problems with Tractor Supply?

Tractor Supply reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Oct 17, 2008. The latest review Poor customer service, overcharged for clearly marked discount item was posted on May 8, 2021. The latest complaint Management and employees was resolved on Aug 21, 2011. Tractor Supply has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 23 reviews. Tractor Supply has resolved 7 complaints.

Tractor Supply Customer Service Contacts

Thu7:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Fri7:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Sat7:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Sun8:00 AM - 7:00 PM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Tractor Supply Customer Service. Initial Tractor Supply complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Tractor Supply above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Tractor Supply. Discuss the issues you have had with Tractor Supply and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Tractor Supply Complaints & Reviews

May 08, 2021

Tractor Supply — Poor customer service, overcharged for clearly marked discount item

I was a customer at the windham tractor supply 476 Boston post rd in north windham Connecticut on Saturday...

Apr 30, 2021

Tractor Supply — Availability date

I made an online order, because it noted the item will be available for in store pick up the following day. I...

Apr 22, 2021

Tractor Supply — Cub cadet riding lawn mower

We purchased a club cadet series 5400 lawnmower 1/15, today was the third time using it. It turns over but...

Apr 07, 2021

Tractor Supply #2309 — I line air pressure regulator and filter / their customer service and warranty

I have an automotive repair shop in pecos tx. I was robbed in February and started replacing tools and...

Tractor SupplyStore manager was extremely rude.

I went into the store in Cleveland Mississippi to purchase a sack of dog food which I did and while I was there I asked to file a tax exemption affidavit for the 1.5 percent sales tax on ag products. The cashier said she didn't know how and she'd have to get a manager.
The manager (Blake) came walking up, was not wearing anything to identify himself as a store manager and did not introduce himself as the store manager but simply asked me what I wanted. Bear in mind he set the tone with his attitude towards me from the get go. He said I needed a credit card at which point I said that I have an American Express and he very rudely replied that I'd need to apply for a tractor supply card. I told him that we weren't interested in a tractor supply credit card and that all I wanted to do was file the tax affidavit with the store so we could use the tax exemption. Anyway, from that point, due to his arrogance, rude behavior and unwillingness to help me the encounter escalated into me getting upset at which point i said we don't have to do business here and he said no you don't and you can leave MY STORE. This young lad needs to be retrained or something his behavior towards me was uncalled for and I feel like he was irritated by the fact he had to come up front to talk to me. I'd like an apology from him. At this point I'm afraid to go back into the Cleveland I don't feel safe there with that guy working there. He seems to have anger issues.

Mar 25, 2021

Tractor Supply — Dumor 16% layer pellet

I buy this feed exclusively from Tractor Supply Company for my laying hens. I got to the bottom of the latest...

Tractor SupplyConcerning employees at Goldsboro NC location

I spoke to someone March 11th. I requested they retrieve my package. For me. I let them know ups had delivered. They told me I could not Trust UPS they lie all the time. I am 61 years old and have dealt with UPs all my adult life. Never once had they claimed to delivered something when they had not. Delayed yes ... Always got a heads up. I was not demanding I asked if i could arrange pickup on rest of my order... After being berated and treated like a piece of garbage I want a refund! I will not come back to your store. Please disregard the last survey I filled out... I no longer feel that way and you folks do not deserve it. I will not return for my Jeans I purchased and will by no more chicken food/ supplies, bee supplies nor hard ware or clothes. after refund please remove me from your system.. After I told thee lady to keep the product. A message was left on my phone it was a young man who was laughing telling me to come get my order it was evident he was not alone. I saved the message
    Please put charge for pants back on card.
    I will never bother you again.

Red Bluff Tractor SupplyVet service

Nov. 2020 I called the store was told the service was open and did dog nails. Vet tech told me they do not do that anymore and was rude when I told her I called that day. I went to my car called the store from parking lot and store said yes they do. Bad service since I left a sick husband at home to take care of this. Jan 2021 arrive at 3:30 told to wait in car problem with registration rude tech again told me I could use a full service vet if I can't register correctly for dog vaccination. I finally was done after 5 I was originally the 2nd one in line before being told to wait in car.

Jan 31, 2021

Tractor Supply — Service

I had went to this tractor supply on 1/30/21 for vaccines through the pop up clinic. Upon arriving I asked 2...

Tractor SupplyManager issue

I had an issue with my manager. The store was busy. I told them I was going on break at 2pm. when I was heading back at 1:59pm, they told me to stay up front until it slows down. I went back up trying to hide my frustration. After it died, my manager says "You can go on break now since you don't have your panties in a twist." What he said was very inappropriate. I am NOT tolerating that. He needs to be talked to.

Sep 17, 2020

Tractor Supply — Tracking customers without their consent

I spoke with a Tractor Supply employee today and was telling her that I do not like companies asking for my...

Tractor SupplyGun safe

Ordered a gun safe online after viewing it in the store. Only 1 option for delivery when checking out. When driver arrived (over 2 hours outside of scheduled window) I was informed it could not be brought into my home. I refused delivery and requested a refund. I called customer support as well to describe my frustration. I was informed the money would be refunded in 3-5 business days. Now 3 weeks later I am still waiting on my money. Upon speaking to customer support today I was told the delivery company should return the safe over the next couple days and my funds would be released.

How is any of this my fault and why has TSC held over 1k of my money for weeks?

Jun 04, 2020

Tractor Supply — Dead trees

In april my husband I purchase 1 apple tree, 2 peach trees, 1 pomegranate, 2 blueberry, 1 concord grape, and...

Tractor Supply — Arrogant Manager and mistreatment toward employee

I have a friend who worked at the Tractor Supply in Greer, SC. Her manager, Mike Allison thought it was ok to...

Tractor Supply CompanyBad service

We have been Tractor Supply Company customers for 20 years since 1990. We have spent over $100, 000.00 in TSC stores around the country. So what happened to us in the North Canton Ohio store was a terrible shock. This store is a very bad store, run by a violent psychotic store manager, and rude incompetent store personnel. You get a bad feeling going into the store in that the store is staffed by unfriendly, rude, and incompetent clerks. Their motto is “WE BELIEVE IN ETHICS” which is total hypocrisy. Tractor Supply Company is a criminal organization that supports verbal assault of their customers.

• Ru
                russ1dwn Jan 26, 2014

I shop at the Oakdale CA. store and there is a clerk in this store who is rude, slow and a complainer (Amanda). She has no customer service skills and should not be in a retail environment. Why do company's hire or continue to employ people like her. Amanda you would only last a day working for me, stop ### and complaining and take care of the customers.

Tractor Supply Co. — Management and employees

I used to shop at this store, but lately, over the past 8 months, it seems that the management of this store...

Glenpool

Tractor Supply CompanyTRACTOR SUPPLY COMPANY, TSC, STORE IN NORTH CANTON OHIO

TRACTOR SUPPLY COMPANY, TSC, STORE IN NORTH CANTON OHIO VERBALLY ASSAULTS CUSTOMERS AND REFUSES TO SELL MERCHANDISE

We have been TSC customers for 20 years since 1990. We have spent over $100, 000.00 in TSC stores around the country. Our experience over 20 years with TSC has been excellent, so what happened to us in the North Canton Ohio store was a terrible shock. This store is a very bad store, run by a violent psychotic store manager, and rude incompetent store personnel. You get a bad feeling going into the store in that the store is staffed by unfriendly, rude, and incompetent clerks. They do not know anything about their stock by description, the idiots at this store can only look up something by some long obscure sku numbers. Despite their bad treatment of good customers of 20 years we have purchased several hundred dollars of equipment and veterinary supplies from this store.

We have attempted to purchase a $1000.00 plus air compressor from this store on two separate occasions. On both occasions they refused to sell these rather expensive air compressors to us. In July 2009 after purchasing several hundred dollars of equipment, we decided to cancel a layaway in accordance with store policy and move the money from the cancelled layaway to purchase the air compressor on a new layaway. We were told that the money in the store cannot be switched to a new layaway and that we would have to have the money credited back to our Visa. The air compressor was on sale and the sale would end in 2 days. The credit would take a week to post to the account. The manager told us we would have to pay a much higher price for the compressor. We called the corporate office and they told us that the store was wrong, the money was to be put on a store credit, gift card, and the layaway could be done immediately. However, the rude, incompetent store manager had refused and credited our Visa in defiance of our instructions and TSC company policy. When we attempted to purchase the air compressor later that week, the store manager refused to sell us the air compressor at the sale price, in violation of TSC company policy.

In September 2010, we decided to try and purchase the air compressor again. We went into the store and looked at the air compressor model we needed. The irate and rude store manager showed us an ugly, scratched, beat up, used compressor, and said we had to buy this piece of junk. The price was $100.00 less than a brand new compressor. I said that I wanted a brand new compressor and was willing to pay the extra $100.00. The store manager became immediately hostile and told me that I would have to buy this piece of junk because she did not want to have a new one on her inventory. I said this compressor was only worth less than 50% as a used item. At this point the hostile store manager refused to sell us a new compressor.

We called the corporate offices and asked to speak to the president of TSC, because after the complaint against this store a year before nothing had been done to correct this bad store. Jim Wright returned our call and was shocked to hear of our horrible experience at the North Canton Ohio store. He promised us he would discipline that manager, straighten out that bad store and order us a brand new compressor. It would take some time to order and deliver the compressor to that store and asked for patience on our part. We were very patient and went in on December 3, 2010 to purchase the air compressor. John Gardener assistant to Jim Wright called to tell us that the air compressor would be held until 5 p.m. on December 3. I said that we had been patient over two months and why were we being given the “bums rush” to be at the store by 5 p.m.? Anyway, we accepted the mandate and drove 25 miles through Friday rush hour traffic to be there by 5 p.m. Unfortunately we were caught in a traffic jam, and called ahead at 4:26 p.m. from our cell phone and spoke to a store associate who said that it was fine if we were a little late. We then called again at 5:32 to say that we would be there by 6 p.m. without fail, again the store associate said it was fine.

Upon arrival I was accosted by an angry, hostile, and psychotic store manager. I asked to see the compressor which was supposed to be in the back store room with our name on it. She angrily said it was out on the floor and that we could not buy the compressor. I reminded her that this compressor was ordered by Jim Wright president of TSC and that it was to be set aside in the store room until 5 p.m. She then lied and said that we never called to say that we were running behind schedule due to the traffic jam. The store manager then had a large guy stand directly behind me as if to assault me. She then launched into a verbal abuse tirade in front of the other customers in the store. The customers were shocked at her screaming at a customer that wanted to buy a $1, 000.00 air compressor. She threw me out of the store, yelling and screaming at me as I calmly walked out.

Since it was Friday evening neither Jim Wright nor John Gardener were available. I left voice mails describing the horrible treatment that I had received in that store, and reminded them that they promised me to discipline or fire anyone that was in violation of TSC customer policy. I then said that I still needed the compressor and would purchase the compressor from TSC if they would either fire or discipline that violent store manager.

On Monday December 6, I received an angry call from Jim Wright who said he approved of the verbal assault by the manager and refused to sell us the air compressor. No air compressor, no discipline or re-staffing of the worst store in the TSC system, no compensation for our time and travel on both 2009 and 2010 occasions, no apology given for the CRIMINAL VERBAL ASSAULT by the store manager, and a heinous violation of Christian values of the Christmas Season.

THEN TO OUR SHOCK JIM WRIGHT SAID, WE WERE FIRED AS GOOD CUSTOMERS OF 20 YEARS WITH TSC.

JIM WRIGHT IS JIM WRONG!
              Post script: in an attempt to usurp the criminal response by Jim Wrong, I contacted the TSC Board of Directors, the web address is,

John Sions II

• Tr
                  Tractor Supply Company Jan 20, 2014

My name is Brenda Kinnaird from McMinnville, Tn. My compliant is, your men that work in the McMinnville, Tn. store, really need to learn customer service! I'm a widow, and I wanted to buy the wood bench and the wood rocking. I had three men standing in a circle, and one of the younger men finally ask if I needed some help. A man name Michael did not care weather he helped me or not.. That's the way he made me feel! If it had not been for a young lady, name Heather Lavoy, , I would have walked out, and took my business elsewhere. I did make the purchase and spent 175.00 on Saturday, the 18th of Jan. 2014. Me and another lady went back to pick up the furniture, on Jan.19, 2014, and they were gracious enough to load it in the truck. SURPRISE!! We had brought a rope to tie it down. One of men, says " YOU GOT THIS?" Went back in the store. How RUDE! If the company wants to move product, the men need to go to learn manners on customer service. This is the worst I have ever had to deal with. I will be going somewhere else, before I go to Tractor Supply Company in the future! The wood rocking chair has large splits in the wood. not HAPPY!!!

Tractor Supplyout of control manager

While buying dog food I overheard the manger of the store raising hell at an employee about not puuting things in it's proper place, then curse at him and then state that she hates men, I mean what kind of supervisor does that? I would be surprised if it was even that poor guys fault I heard him say that he has never opened that lock or something and then she kept screaming at him for a number of things, I could not believe what I was hearing, the language and the volume at which this woman was screaming at him was so bad I put down my dog food and swore that I would never shop there again, and she said over and over that she hated men!?!, well, that was apparent by her [censored] style haircut and dressing like a man, I was scared she was going to see me and scream at me for something too.

• Ji
                    jimdokes Jun 15, 2010

Until you state your issues with the better business bureu nothing will change.

Tractor Supply — Do not honor warranty

I purchased an extended warranty for 249 dollars when I bought a lawn tractor 2 years ago from Tractor Supply...

Tractor Supply CompanyPoor product quality

Bought a garden hoe from them in 2007. Used it maybe 4 times when it snapped in half. Tool back to the store and they said there is only a 30 day warranty. Same price as a Craftsman which has a lifetime warranty. TSC knowingly sells this crap and charges the same price as Sears for a product not even 1/10 as good. I will never buy any type of tool from TSC again.

• Tr
                      Tractor Supply Company Jan 20, 2014

The men in the McMinnville, Tn. TSC, told me that all the wood rocking chairs, would have splits in the wood, I wonder about that. I feel I was lied too!!!