Enterprise Rent-A-Car Logo

Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Having problems with Enterprise Rent-A-Car?

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Customer Service Contacts

+1 855 266 9289 (Car Rental Reservations)
+1 877 416 0000 (en Español)
+1 866 534 9270 (For users of TTY devices)
+1 855 266 9565 (Customer Service)
+1 800 307 6666 (Roadside Assistance)
+1 866 507 6222 (Loyalty Membership)
+1 866 225 4284 (Customers with Disabilities)
+1 877 881 5500 (Business Rentals)
+1 888 227 7253 (Car Sales)
+1 888 736 8287 (Truck Rental)
+1 877 233 5338 (Fleet Management)
+1 800 325 8838 (Maintenance Program Information)
600 Corporate Park Drive
Saint Louis, Florida

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Enterprise Rent-A-Car Customer Service. Initial Enterprise Rent-A-Car complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Enterprise Rent-A-Car above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Enterprise Rent-A-Car. Discuss the issues you have had with Enterprise Rent-A-Car and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Complaints & Reviews

Enterprise Rent-A-CarReleasing my gps location and direction to the public for the purpose of stalking

The the criminal organization that has been stalking threatening and harassing me for more than 6 months was able to wait for me on my route from Sierra Vista to Tuscon, even when I took back roads. Jeopardizing my safety and putting me in a position to harassed and intimidated. They very clearly had my vehicle description and location. This was intentional.

Mar 02, 2021

Enterprise Rent-A-Car — Denied rental on 3121

I was discriminated against at this location 25900 Harder & Mission Blvd in Hayward, California 94544 on...

Feb 25, 2021

Enterprise Rent-A-Car — Rental car overcharge

I was recently in a car accident and needed to rent a vehicle. I rented a car from Enterprise for 15 day...

Feb 19, 2021

Enterprise Car Rental Toronto — Refund not received from Toronto location

I'm a loyal customer with Enterprise Plus RFY29XT. Waiting for a refund for 14 days now. Renting car...

North York (toronto)

Enterprise Rent-A-CarWas given a car with a Mississippi Expired tag of December 2020

I rented a car on 2/11/21 to 2/12/21 location 8395 pines blvd i only had the car 10 mintues drove straight to get gas notice the tag took the car back i ask the sales lady did she emailed me my receipt she said yes made sure she had the correct email and i told her yes but never received my receipt via email they wanted the police to stop me the manger told me its updated in the system any police caught me driving that car with a expired tag all the police would have gone by that expired tag and i wouldn't had no documents to show i just rented that car because she never sent it im a loyal customer of enterprise over 20 yrs this the second incident with this company in the past two months because i also rented from them in December of 2020 i made reservation online and thats not the car i reserve. so i ask the salesman. was that includes taxes because i know the price looked wrong he said yes and said i have you a nice car. charge me for a car i didnt want them wanted to give me a car Hyundai Elantra.knowing that something was wrong with the tire so i still wind up getting the 2021 Toyota Camry that my card was charge and it didnt have but a tip of gas and the salesman had the nerve to say he know about the gas but he appreciate if i bring it back on a half a tank i had to go straight to the gas station that location is 2150 state road7 in Hollywood fl i. called the Corp office reported both incidents and that sales lady from the first incident needs to be suspended because if i was stop you best believe i would've sued enterprise so this is a PSA renters make sure you check those tags and get your reciept before you leave i know that was done on purpose that same lady was their when i return the truck and didnt even apologized. thats how i know it was done on purpose. she knew what she did and her coworker was talking to me instead of her to try and make things right said the next time i rent i could get a upgrade if i would have been stop by the police it wouldn't compare to an upgrade this is unacceptable behavior on the part of enterprise thats why that expired tag said December 2020 because i rented from them that month i felt it was a plot but it didn't work and i took pictures of both vechicles from pemproke pines and in December of that toyota of 2020

Was given a car with a Mississippi Expired tag of December 2020

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Feb 18, 2021

Enterprise Rent-A-Carcar rental damage

I have sent an email to Fayetteville Airport:

Sent to airport
      I rented a RED vehicle with FL plates on 7-22-20 between 5pm to 5:30 pm. I was told to walk out of the airport then take a left and then right at the construction and use the key fob to find my car (no one from enterprise came with me) I eventually found the vehicle. I returned the vehicle around 6 am on 7-24-20, I was instructed to leave it where I had found it and to place my keys in the box at Enterprise rental. On 8-10-20 I received a letter in the mail stating I had damaged their vehicle, I called and told them there was no damage to that vehicle when I returned it to the parking area, they basically said I would need to make a claim and did not provide any information, then I received a phone call and again I told them there was no vehicle damage. So then I receive an email with a bill and pictures of damage to a BLUE vehicle. I emailed them back and yes I was upset because I did not rent a blue vehicle, I rented a red car with FL plates. So I'm am making a formal complaint for fraudulent business practices at your airport. I will provide affidavits from professional individuals that I was with on 7-23-20 and then will state I was driving a red rental car. I will also make a formal complaint with the Better Business Bureau and anyone else that regulates this type of business in North Carolina.
      Best Regards
      Kathryn D Aspinwall

I also filed a complaint at the Better Business Bureau:

COMPLAINT ACTIVITY REPORT Case # [protected] BBB of Central & Northwest North Carolina

Consumer Info: Aspinwall, Kathryn Business Info: Enterprise Rent A Car
      120 Green Lane 400 Airport Rd
      Interlachen, FL 32148 Fayetteville, NC [protected]
      [protected]-1878 [protected]
      [protected]@gmail.com

Location Involved: (Same as above)

Consumer's Original Complaint :
      Fraudulent business practices

Consumer's Desired Resolution:
      They need to make this right, someone has done something fraudulent on the paper work on the car I rented. They need to find the person that actually rented that car and contact them. The miles driven was incorrect on my web receipts, everything seems to be off.

BBB Processing

08/25/2020 web BBB Complaint Received by BBB

I have spoke with multiple people at Enterprise to no avail. I also received a letter/affidavit from the company I work for stating what type of car I drove and also how many miles (the mileage on the Enterprise website does not match my trip)
      Attached is a photo copy of the letter, this letter had to be scanned and emailed for signatures therefor degrading the quality.

No person at the rental place went out with me to inspect the vehicle and just kept apologizing that it was taking so long for the person to bring the keys, and if enterprise would have asked to view security video like I asked them too they would see that what I am saying is the truth, they would be able to see me standing and waiting and then I left by myself and asked them where was the vehicle and the person gave me directions and said to just use the key fob and I would find the vehicle, and I also had to catch an early flight so they told me to just put the keys in the box and leave the vehicle in the parking area where I had found it. There was zero damage to the vehicle I was driving. There is something very wrong going on here. I have car insurance and the credit card I used would have covered the damage, I had already spoke with my insurance and the credit card company to explain what was going on and and at this time I had not received anything from enterprise except a letter (no pictures, no estimate, nothing. So I did call them and spoke to several people, and they kept passing me on to the next person. After multiple phone calls, nothing until they finally sent pictures of the vehicle and that's when I was for sure that something underhanded was going on here. Since the pictures were of a blue car and I was driving a red car.

Kathryn D Aspinwall
      120 Green Lane
      Interlachen, FL 32148
      [protected]@gmail.com

car rental damage
      car rental damage

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Feb 01, 2021

Thank you for your honest review, KDarleneA. All damage claims are handled by our Damage Recovery Unit. The damage recovery team are the sole administrators and ultimate authority regarding damage related refunds and concerns. Please contact that team directly at [protected] or by email at [email protected] Thank you! – Carol H.

• Dr
          Drumline87 Feb 13, 2021

If you rent again. take pictures before you leave and when you return the car for your records because i just did a complaint on here as well about being given a car with Mississippi Expired tag of December 2020 i rented on 2/11/21 to2/12/21 and wasnt emailed my receipt either they wanted me to get stop by the police but it didn't happen i took the car back and was told its updated in the system any police would have pulled me and i didn't have the paper work sayibg i rented the car it was dobe on purpose i would have sued the hell outta Enterprise thats why i take pictures now before and after and they mark my complaint as reslove which is a lie

• EnterpriseRent-A-Car Feb 22, 2021

@Drumline87 Drumline87, we apologize that our service did not meet your expectations. We'd be happy to look into this for you. Please email [email protected] with your contact information, your reservation or rental agreement number, and more details of your rental. Thanks. –Carol H.

Jan 29, 2021

Enterprise Rent-A-Car — Keeping my deposit by lying about smoke and damage

I rented a car from enterprise on 1/28. I requested a mini suv, but when I got there they did not have what...

Enterprise Rent-A-CarRental $458 they are holding

I had to rent the car twice its a Allstate claim i had the car for almost a month enterprise told me to come redo my contract because the car im in will need to be serviced.. i pulled up down there this lady checked me in the she raisd my rate charges another deposit and put me in the same car didn't service it clean it or anything now i have $458 still in hold and wont release it

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Jan 19, 2021

Aknight40, we're happy to address this with you directly. To do so, please email [email protected] with your contact information, the reservation or rental agreement number, the exact rental office location and any other details so we can research this promptly. Thank you. – Carol H.

Enterprise Rent-A-CarBald tires

Enterprise in Baltimore MD rented me a vehicle that had all four vehicle tires bald which caused an accident and permanent injuries to me, and daughter. We have filed a lawsuit and issued 2 Press Releases about the incident that Enterprise agents never inspect car tires before renting the vehicle as required. I am still in pain. Problems walking, wear beck and back brace for support. Enterprise attorneys are working on settlement of my claims for negligence and personal injuries.

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Jan 19, 2021

Supreme GRAND Bishop Cofield — USA, we're happy to address this with you directly. To do so, please email [email protected] with your contact information, the reservation or rental agreement number, the exact rental office location and any other details so we can research this promptly. Thank you. – Carol H.

Enterprise Rent-A-CarDamage Recovery Unit Unresolved Communication

On December 17, 2020 I had to take out a rental car after something happened to my car while it was at the dealer for service. I went through the walk around with the associate who I noted more than a few damages to. There was one rather large scratch on the passenger side of the car near the rear. I pointed it out to the associate who said "oh, wow, yeah, " and took a picture of it.

There were 5 scratches notes on my rental agreement (21RYSQ).

The associate told me to take the car back to the dealer and they would pick it up from there as this was a practice they utilized often. The next day I received a call that my car was ready earlier than intended.

In total there were 9 miles put on the rental vehicle as I took it from Enterprise to my apartment, back to the dealer, and Enterprise picked it up from the dealer. I did not drive this vehicle outside of those times.

On December 22, 2020, I received an email at 1:40 AM stating that I was responsible for damages on the car. When I called the Enterprise branch I was met with a lot of resistance. I was told that there was "damage" but the associate would not say what. When I asked for pictures, they told me they could not send it to me, but they sent it to my insurance company. When I asked to see the car, they said they had already sent it for repairs.

They stated that they had attempted to contact me, which was false as I had no record of missed phone calls or voicemails, no outstanding text messages, and no emails in either my inbox or junk folder. After speaking with my insurance company, they had no record of the photos.

I went to the dealer, who had initiated the rental car to see if they had observed any new damages when I dropped the vehicle off. I also explained to them the situation. They were able to get the photo from Enterprise so that I could see the damage. The damage in the photo was the large scratch I had noted.

There were also notes in that area on the rental agreement.

I called the Damage Recovery Unit, and after being on hold for over 10 minutes, spoke with a team member who then transferred me to the Customer Care department. I spoke with Shyleine (I apologize for mis-spelling her name). I explained the situation and that this was a damage on my rental agreement.

She looked at the rental agreement and photos and stated that I was correct. She shared that the damage was noted on a different place when it was checked out versus when it was checked in. On the check in portion it was noted on the passenger side quarter panel, but on check in it was noted somewhere else, but the damage was noted. She said she would close the claim and send me a confirmation email.

After our conversation I emailed the address I had to confirm our conversation and request the confirmation email.

After not receiving the email by 12/23/2020 I attempted to call again. I was once again on hold for 10 minutes. When I spoke to a person, they transferred me but then the call dropped. I sent another email requesting assistance, but have yet to receive a response.

This is extremely unprofessional behavior from a somewhat reputable company. Between the treatment I received by the branch office, being accused of lying, and then being ignored when I attempted to resolve the situation, I have a very poor impression of this company overall.

Reading what others have written about Enterprise and their history of using the Damage Recovery Unit for incorrect damages, it appears as though this company is not as honest as they may claim to be in their processes.

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Jan 08, 2021

Amanda_47, thank you for contacting the Social Team. All damage claims are handled expressly by our Damage Recovery Unit. Please contact that team directly at [protected] or by email at [email protected] Thank you! – Carol H.

Enterprise Rent-A-CarEnterprise rent a car store management and complaints dept

I have an insurance claim out in my insurance company who rented me a car to Enterprise Rent-A-Car when I got up there soon rent the car I had signed everything and because of my card didn't have a chip in it it wouldn't take the card to set the deposit I spoke to them and told them that it wasn't a prepaid card that it was actually bank account and I was waiting for the chip card to come in the mail they said didn't matter I didn't have it and they couldn't do anything about it they left me out in the cold and then left the business after the hour and you know choice to walk home I called and complained on the way home and still haven't heard back from anybody called yesterday again and never heard back from anybody and I need something done about this quickly this is very unacceptable

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Jan 04, 2021

JB Gossmann, I apologize that our service did not meet your expectations we would like to look into this further. Please email [email protected] with your contact information, your reservation or rental agreement number, and all the details of your experience. Thanks. - Carol H.

Dec 30, 2020

Enterprise Rent-A-Car — Rude uncomfortable service

I had made reservations for a vehicle for my 23 year old daughter. On this date we met with an employee who...

EnterpriseDo not rent list/ extra charge

I was placed on a hold/do not rent list for a claim that I have already mostly paid off, I have the confirmation number for past payments on the claim and have also had an email correspondence with the claims department. I was also charged $626.29 for a rental I was making weekly payments for, I was told it was to close the account but when I had further questions was told to call customer service.

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Dec 31, 2020

Retro320, I apologize that our service did not meet your expectations we would like to look into this further. Please email [email protected] with your contact information, your reservation or rental agreement number, and all the details of your experience. Thanks. - Carol H.

Dec 28, 2020

Enterprise Rent-A-Car — My reserved vehicle was given to someone else

I had reserved a vehicle in Kansas City one way to return in Wichita. Reservation #[protected]. I showed up to...

Enterprise Rent-A-CarScam

I had the same issue, I rented a car and returned as it was received without any issue. The Enterprise agent refused to do the inspection in my presence and told that everything is ok and I'm good to go. The day after they overcharged me $500. They said they found the car damaged. I called the branch, they said that it's normal that they don't do the inspection in my presence then, when I asked for investigation they reported that I didn't want to wait for the inspection. it has been few days now, trying to follow up and make a complaint. It seems that I'm wasting my time. I think, I will move to the next step and talk to a lawyer and send them a formal notice.
                  This is really unfair. this is my email: oussama. [protected]@hotmail.com

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Nov 25, 2020

Oussama Turki, thank you for your honest review. All damage claims are expressly handled by our Damage Recovery Unit. Please contact that team directly at [protected] or by email at [email protected] Thank you! – Carol H.

Enterprise Rent-A-CarClaims

My car was hit by a driver renting one of your vehicles on Thursday evening the 11-12-2020. I got his information and he apologized stating that he bought the extra insurance He gave me all of the rental info as well as his license number. I have called, emailed and gone in person to get help repairing my car. To date no one has replied to me. I will be contacting the Better Business Bureau. I am attaching documentation. My name is Terri Davids, [protected]@yahoo.com [protected]. The accident happened on Main St & Massachusetts in Lemon Grove CA 91945

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Nov 24, 2020

TeamVinnieSD, if you can provide a few more details, we would be happy to look into this further for you. Please email [email protected] with your contact telephone number, email address, your insurance claim number, police report id, the exact time, date, and location of the incident, and the details above. Thanks. – Carol H.

Nov 13, 2020

Enterprise Rent-A-Car — Charged for damage I could not check for

I rented a car from enterprise, I picked it up at bordeaux airport in france very early on a saturday morning...

Enterprise Rent-A-CarRented a car from them while my car was in the shop

When Enterprise gave me the car they told me if the car was damaged in anyway instead of paying another 500 ded I could pay 12.00 a day to fix the car. They took 64.00 plus 12.00 out of my checking account. They only refunded me $24.00. Per enterprise they took the 12.00 a day while I had their rental. They had no right to do that and I want my money back. The car was not damaged what gave them the right to charge me.

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Nov 24, 2020

Maria Richter, I apologize that our service did not meet your expectations we would like to look into this further. Please email [email protected] with your contact information, your reservation or rental agreement number, and all the details of your experience. Thanks. - Carol H.

Oct 29, 2020

Enterprise Rent-A-Car — The manager name Summer

I have spent alot of money with the Enterprise Car Rental in Rocky Mount, NC on Wesleyan Rd. There is a...

Oct 29, 2020

Enterprise Rent-A-Car — Deposit and refund

Our insurance company Texas Farm Bureau authorized a car rental for a previous accident while our car wa...