Menu

complaints

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Complaints Summary

717 Resolved
202 Unresolved
Our verdict: You can expect a very good level of service from Enterprise Rent-A-Car. To navigate their system effectively, thoroughly understand their service scope. Check online forums and review sites for others' experiences. When contacting customer service, clear and concise communication can help resolve your issues faster.
File a complaint
Claimed
Enterprise Rent-A-Car has claimed their business profile
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Enterprise Rent-A-Car. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages

Enterprise Rent-A-Car complaints 919

Sort by:

Newest Enterprise Rent-A-Car complaints

A
12:13 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I rent a car from enterprise at 6140 Hoffner Ave. Orlando, Fl. 32822. I picked up the car on March 2nd, 2024 at 11 am and I dropped off the car on March 3rd at 11 am. 2024. The contract agreement that I signed is $40.90 but I was charged with $81.79. I called the location place and I talked to the front desk person who transferred me to someone. He...

S
2:03 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I had a very unpleasant experience with Enterprise Rent-A-Car. I rented a SUV from the West Palm Beach 1889 North Congress Ave on Jan 20th 12:51pm and returned to the Huntington WV Airport location on Jan 22nd 11:30am. I gave the keys to an employee who assured me that everything was fine, and I left. However, I later received my receipt which showed the...

M
7:44 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My son, John rented a car for work as he had to go to NC for the first time. His agreement number is [protected]. He rented the car at the Raleigh airport on February 4th. This is his first time travelling for work so he was unsure as to whether he needed a transponder when going through toll booths. As he was at work I offered to call the Customer Service...

Read full review of Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Is Enterprise Rent-A-Car legit?

Our verdict: Enterprise Rent-A-Car has achieved a rare feat of perfection in legitimacy, as per the rigorous analysis conducted by Complaints Board. This achievement underscores Enterprise Rent-A-Car's position as a benchmark of trust and quality within its industry. Users and clients of Enterprise Rent-A-Car can engage with its offerings, confident in the knowledge that they are dealing with a top-tier, fully legitimized company.

Enterprise Rent-A-Car earns 100% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Enterprise Rent-A-Car achives 100% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for Enterprise Rent-A-Car. The company provides a physical address, 12 phone numbers, and email, as well as 4 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

By resolving 78% of 919 negative reviews, Enterprise Rent-A-Car is demonstrating its dedication to customer satisfaction and effectively addressing customer issues. While there may still be some practical problems that need to be addressed, such as long wait times or unhelpful responses.

Enterprise Rent-A-Car has received positive review on our site. This is a good sign and indicates a safe and reliable experience for customers who choose to work with the company.

Enterprise.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Enterprise Rent-A-Car website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Enterprise Rent-A-Car as a website that uses an external review system. While this can provide valuable feedback and insights, it's important to carefully evaluate the source of the reviews and take them with a grain of salt.

We looked up Enterprise Rent-A-Car and found that the website is receiving a high amount of traffic. This could be a sign of a popular and trustworthy website, but it is still important to exercise caution and verify the legitimacy of the site before sharing any personal or financial information

Enterprise.com regularly updates its policies to reflect changes in laws, regulations. These policies are easy to find and understand, and they are written in plain language that is accessible to all customers. This helps customers understand what they are agreeing to and what to expect from Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
  • We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to Enterprise Rent-A-Car. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
1:48 pm EST

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Car hire scam

Mark Read who is somehow the Director of Sales - UK and Ireland for Enterprise Rent-A-Car now known as Enterprise Mobility is a know advanced fee car hire scammer / degenerate gambler who is wanted by the Police. Please do not engage in any business activities with this sophisticated conman as he moves under the cloak of many identities / companies and his eyes are on your money. If Mark Read contacts you, please be very cautious and notify the Police straight away.

If you feel that you have had a similar experience, please join us in reporting Mr Mark Read to Action Fraud on the following link: https://www.actionfraud.police.uk

Note: The content provided in this review is based on personal experience and available information. It is important to conduct independent research and verify facts before making any judgments or decisions.

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified Enterprise Rent-A-Car representatives only. If you are affiliated with Enterprise Rent-A-Car, please claim your business to access these details.

8:38 pm EST

Enterprise Rent-A-Car False charge/threats

Yes the day of last November 18, 2023 a store representative by the name of Chantellus Adams who goes by the Chance walked in and reported the rental car that I had stolen and I have had this car for about 6 months before then. I have spent tons of money paying for the 2023 Ford Edge. They sent paperwork to an address I didn’t live at, forged my signature, made it look like o stole the car when they knew where I was at the whole time. I was also threatened by mr Calvory French. I got for no reason even after customer service told me I was in good standing.

9:00 pm EST

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Security deposit not returned

My name is Daryl Lay, and I rented a car for 24 hours with Enterprise on 24th Nov 2023.

I was charged for 7 days after returning the car on 24th Nov 2023 and my security deposit was not returned.

The rental vehicle was sent to me at Hilton LAX and I was told by the lady who drove it here that I could return the car to the hotel (park it at the hotel carpark) and someone would pick it up.

Please refer to the attachments that I have attached.

Please help me get my money back as I have been wrongfully charged. I have been trying to email Enterprise Customer Service but nothing has been done over the past 2 months.

Claimed loss: $300 USD of security deposit

Desired outcome: Please return my security deposit and the refund the excess charges.

C
12:01 pm EST
Enterprise Rent-A-Car has left an official reply on this complaint.

Enterprise Rent-A-Car overcharge for vehicle not picked up by enterprise as requested

Rental 12/14/23. Tyler TX 3221 SSW Loop 323. Client: Charles Nichols. Canceled 12/15/23 due to medical emergency. (Hospital records available) Enterprise notified by phone to come and pick up rental locally. They never picked it up, and was charged almost $1500 for 2 weeks of non use. They denied I called to have it picked up (no record). But I do have record of phone call to then on 12/15. Three followup calls made with assurances this would be resolved. Area Manager today (Jan 24) said he will not refund any of that money.

Claimed loss: $1463.34 (minus one day)

Desired outcome: Please refund at least $1300

2:00 pm EST

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Car rental

Hi

I’ve been issued this email from an email address presenting themselves are yourselves. It asks for money but presents no information.

Is this genuine, and if so how do I get more info.

Thanks

From no-reply_collections_erac@enterprise.ch

“We would kindly request that you submit the payment for the balance due using the secure pay-by-link option, by clicking on the link below. Please note that the link expires after 10 days.

ZRHT72-111137

Please note that this is the last reminder/request and in case of late payment, reminder fees may apply, and the receivables will be handed over to a recovery service provider.“

10:15 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I rented a car in Chamblee, GA (Nov 28-29) for a 24 hr period while my car was being repaired. Went shopping, went out to dinner, and returned the car first thing in the morning. The agent took a look at the car and said I had damaged a piece of plastic on the bumper. I responded that I had no knowledge of any damage. He reminded me that I looked at the...

R
1:17 pm EST
Enterprise Rent-A-Car has left an official reply on this complaint.

Enterprise Rent-A-Car oakdale CA rental site, female by the name of Valet?

she called me today and said my reservation for 18th of Dec, cannot be done, they don't have the suv. I said I would take any car and she said it depends on what is turned in. I was not happy so I called [protected] and talked to Alan and told him my problem, he said he could put me in a full size sedan on that day and logged it in, I suppose. I thanked him and called her back and she said the same thing after I told her what Alan said, I am still not a happy camper. I have rented from this site before and had no problems, she needs more OJT or something.

Desired outcome: get me the full size sedan for Monday the 18th of Dec. by 1000 hrs.

1:25 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I spent A TON of time searching for the right car, (in the right price range), for me. Knowing that I would also have to pay the $300 deposit on top of my rental price. I found the right car. I made a reservation. Just like I have done many times in the past. When I got there, the car I reserved, was NOT AVAILABLE. At that time I didn't have time to wait...

K
1:52 pm EST

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Car smells horrible

We got a car from this location that smelt like smoke, so bad it would take your breath away. I made them and corporate aware of the situation and they told us that they can't help it that people smoke in the cars. Well, we don't smoke and we don't and shouldn't been given a car that smells like weed horribly. We had to clean their car ourselves and put air fresheners in it something that we shouldn't have to do. I would NEVER recommend renting a car from an enterprise, apparently, they don't care about their customers and their customer service is horrible along with their excuses.

Update by kim honeycutt
Dec 23, 2023 6:43 am EST

I have emailed the company numerous of time and no one has reached out to me so nothing has been resolved

9:27 am EST

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Unauthorize Credit Card Charges

I had been using Enterprise for the last 4 to 6 weeks. Enterprise charge my account 200.00. I was understanding that the insurance was paying until they said we maxed out. I took insurance out for the first week. I didnot authorized to continue with the insurance with out my permission. They told me I owe them 257.00 because they continued the insurance without my authorization. This should not be happening. Especially without the customer aware of it. This is poor customer service. I don't have enought in my account to cover the cost. I was unaware of a charges that I did not put in for.

Then enterprise location 1601 Eastern Avenue

Tera Richburg [protected]

Desired outcome: I will pay what I owe them but I don't want to pay the extra insurance that I did not put in for.

3:48 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

After a terrible car accident totaled my car, I was authorized by Nationwide to spend up to $900 on a rental car through Enterprise. Despite returning the car on June 17, I have been charged $1761.74, which needs to be refunded to me. On June 1, I rented a Chrysler minivan from the Virginia Beach store, RA#6M8MLJ with an estimated return date on June 8 on...

L
4:24 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have been dealing with Enterprise car rental company due to a no-fault claim and this place of public accommodation has placed me in numerous events of discomfort and what I feel has extended to retaliation. My first interaction was on 10/30/2023 roughly around 5:50pm, while waiting second on the line for a reservation/pick up, I was discriminated by...

K
6:14 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My wife was in a car accident, and We are with State Farm. State farm advised they would set up a rental with Enterprise but that we could go get the car now. She went and picked up a car, at the weekly rate. No one told us that there was a lower contracted rate honored by Enterprise. Enterprise rep was advised of accident. Coverage supplies us with the...

6:41 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Your Report Number: [protected] After arranging to hire a Luton van for a house move and quoted £293.95 for 4 days hire, my wife and I arrived on the morning of the pick-up date to collect the vehicle. Straight away I noticed the valeter on duty was racing cars around the car park and accelerating at speed and braking causing the vehicles to skid. I raised...

G
5:09 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I sent a complaint on the 20th of October and I received a confirmation and I responded. That is the only email I received until the 29th stating that I did not respond and you consider my complaint resolved. You are assuming the complaint is no longer relevant, it is. So again... my sister (Gayle Lyons) and I rented a car March 4th, 2023, returned it March...

P
9:14 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

We rented a car from Enterprise through our insurance company after our car was damaged by hitting a deer. The original car given to us broke down a few weeks into the rental and I was hurriedly given the only vehicle available without so much as a walk around. They literally wrote down the odometer reading and tossed me the keys, no paperwork signed or...

B
10:08 am EDT

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Car reserved was not big enough

I called and talked to an Enterprise rep so I could be sure the vehicle would be large enough for the 7 of us. Four adults, 3 kids, 5 full size suitcases, 3 carry on's a double stroller and a pack and play. I was assured we would get the correct size vehicle. It did not happen. We were squeezed and cramped. My adult daughter and her daughter had to climb over the middle seat to get into the back. We were so uncomfortable it was ridiculous. Of course it doesn't matter now. We are home from our trip to Florida and you got your money

[protected]@comcast.net

Desired outcome: Large refund

Hide full review
How to file a complaint about Enterprise Rent-A-Car?

1. Log in or create an account: Ensure you are logged in to your ComplaintsBoard.com account. If you do not have an account, please register by providing the necessary details to create one.

2. Navigating to the complaint form: Locate the 'File a Complaint' button situated at the top right corner of the website and click on it to access the complaint form.

3. Writing the title: Craft a concise title for your complaint that encapsulates the core issue you experienced with Enterprise Rent-A-Car. This title should be clear and to the point.

4. Detailing the experience: In the complaint description, thoroughly explain your experience. Include key areas such as the condition of the rental vehicle, customer service, billing issues, or any discrepancies in the rental agreement. Provide details about the rental location, dates, and any specific employees involved. Mention any transactions, including reservation numbers, rental agreements, or receipts. Clearly describe the nature of the problem, the steps you took to resolve it, and the response received from Enterprise Rent-A-Car. Detail how this issue has personally affected you, such as causing undue stress or financial loss.

5. Attaching supporting documents: Attach any relevant documents that support your complaint, such as photos, emails, or receipts. Be cautious not to include sensitive personal information that could compromise your privacy.

6. Filing optional fields: Use the 'Claimed Loss' field to indicate any financial losses incurred as a result of the issue. In the 'Desired Outcome' field, describe what resolution you are seeking from Enterprise Rent-A-Car, whether it be a refund, an apology, or another form of compensation.

7. Review before submission: Carefully review your complaint or review to ensure that it is clear, accurate, and complete. Check for any spelling or grammatical errors that could detract from the credibility of your complaint.

8. Submission process: Once you are satisfied with your complaint, click the 'Submit' button to officially file your complaint on ComplaintsBoard.com.

9. Post-Submission Actions: After submitting your complaint, monitor your account for any responses or updates. ComplaintsBoard.com may notify you of any replies from Enterprise Rent-A-Car or other users who may offer advice or share similar experiences.

Overview of Enterprise Rent-A-Car customer experience

Enterprise Rent-A-Car has been receiving a lot of negative feedback from consumers lately. Customers have complained about poor customer service, hidden fees, and unclean vehicles. Many have also reported issues with the billing process, with some claiming to have been overcharged. Additionally, some customers have expressed frustration with the company's policies regarding damage to rental cars. Overall, these complaints suggest that Enterprise Rent-A-Car may not be the best choice for those in need of a rental car.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Enterprise Rent-A-Car contacts