Having problems with Hertz?

Hertz Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 654 3001 (United States)
+1 800 654 3131 (USA, Canada and Puerto Rico)
+44 207 365 3369 (United Kingdom)
+61 180 055 0078 (Australia)
+64 33 586 789 (New Zealand)
+43 179 532 (Austria)
+32 27 173 207 (Belgium)
+45 33 179 057 (Denmark)
+354 522 4400 (Iceland)
+31 202 013 519 (Netherlands)
+351 219 426 385 (Portugal)
+27 112 898 001 (South Africa)
999 Vanderbilt Beach Rd Fl 3
Naples, Florida
United States - 34108-3508

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Hertz Customer Service. Initial Hertz complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Hertz above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Hertz. Discuss the issues you have had with Hertz and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Hertz Complaints & Reviews

HertzGlobal Hertz unprofessional service...

I have been a long time Hertz customer until my last experience at the Ballwin location in Missouri. I rented a car from a Friday 1pm until Monday at 11pm CST. Returned the car on Monday at 7pm CST and dropped keys off in the hard box outside the door. Tuesday morning I realized that I had left a mask in the rental so I called the location and asked if they could look in the rental for it. The lady gladly obliged. So 5pm rolls around and had not heard back. So I went up to the Hertz location and asked if I could look, she said sure. She went in and could not locate the keys, so she came out to the hard box and lo and behold the keys were there. This was at 5pm Tuesday. She had not checked the hard box first thing Tuesday morning, thugs I was charged an extra day. So I put in a complaint about this issue and they replied they would check cameras, talk with employees etc...just got email back today saying that the extra charge stands. Now, this is my location I cannot speak for other locations. My 4day rental as at a rate of $40 Plus taxes a day for a total $186. Due to the unscheduled extra day charge, my original CONTRACT For $40 a day was null void and new charges of $56 a day was implemented for a total of $337. Be aware that this is not specific to my hertz location, it is ALL hertz locations. Suffice it to say I will not be going back to hertz, nor will I recommend them. Thanks for taking time reading this.

Dec 29, 2020

Hertz — Rental car smoking fee

RR# [protected] 12/24/2020 I returned a car to hertz from a one day rental around 10:oo pm. The individual...

HertzCOVID Lockdown Cancellation

I was recently denied ANY consideration (refund, Credit, etc) for my late cancellation of my travel to SNA on Dec 4-6. I received a "Form E-mail" effectively stating that no consideration would be given. I have been a Hertz Gold Member for Many Years, and THIS is how you treat me. So much for Hertz's "Famous Service". My number is: [protected]

There is No misunderstanding. I DID hope, given the CA Governor's and LA Mayor's Announcements less than 12 hours prior to my trip, AND that should I be "Caught" in a 2 week quarantine at either or both ends of my 2 day trip, this would have been disastrous for my Practice Group, the Tacoma Family Medicine Teaching program, the Labor and Delivery Call schedule (scheduled 3 months in advance).

For the sake of this amount of money, which I had to give up going to visit my 95 year old Mother for her birthday…You are adding substantial Insult to Injury.

I will have to reconsider my (and my Wife's) relationship with Hertz, and any opinions asked of me from colleagues and patients…

I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED.

James Lin, MD, MBA

Nov 28, 2020

Hertz — $400 cleaning fee for smoking (I'm a non-smoker)

I rented a vehicle at the Temecula, CA Hertz Local Edition (HLE) from 25-27 NOV 2020. I returned the car and...

HertzRental car service - new orleans international airport 11/24/2020 2:30pm

There was no HertzGold Service available today, 11/24/2020, at New Orleans International Airport. After standing in a line for one hour, along with other angry and frustrated fellow travelers, I learned the car I had reserved was actually not available. The representative then offered a pickup truck and said if I did not take the truck, she did not know how long I would have to wait for a car. So, I took the truck. However, the truck was not clean and has a strong odor of cigarette smoke. The Hertz counter representative offered no explanation and no apology. I wonder if there was an intentional work slowdown or whether the bankruptcy is a factor in this mess. I've been a Hertz customer for a very long time, but I'm switching to Enterprise.

• Hertz's response · Nov 29, 2020

Hertz thoroughly reviews every customer's inquiry, and I will be happy to investigate yours once I have received the information needed to do so. Please provide a nine-digit rental agreement number or the eleven-digit reservation confirmation number starting with the letter J.

Nov 23, 2020

Hertz — Unfounded charges

I rent cars from hertz for work at least monthly and have for years. I can use other companies but I have...

Sep 25, 2020

Hertz — Billing

Hi my name is Edward DePhillipo RN Member ID - [protected], I work for GE Healthcare Last week I did 2...

Hertz Rental CarRental cars

Rented a car on 7/15/20-7/17/20 in nashville, tn. They added a $400 charge claiming I smoked in their car
        I am a pastor and my wife and I both have never smoked a day in our lives

They charged my credit card an additional $400 and all my attempts with hertz have availed to nothing at all. I want that charge removed.

[protected]@yahoo.com
        Keith phemister

• Hertz's response · Aug 21, 2020

This correspondence is being sent in response to a query made by Keith Phemister. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to address your concerns.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced.

After thoroughly investigating this matter, I can confirm the smoking fee is not valid. Please be assured the local leadership team in Nashville, TN will be sent a copy of your comments for their review and corrective action.

I have issued a credit of $400.00 to the credit card on your account, please allow 5-7 business days for processing. Once the credit is processed an update invoice will be sent to the email address on your account for your records.

Please know that we take all customer concerns very seriously and I want to thank you for allowing us the opportunity to review and address your concerns. Please do not hesitate to contact us to raise future concerns.

Kind regards,

HertzUnauthorized multiple charges on my credit card

Hello, my name is Stephen Bonczyk the rental agreement number is [protected] This dispute Refit cardis about 3 charges for 40 euros charged to my Am Ex card on June 29 ($44.97 US) I believe that they were supposed to be for a parking ticket that I got in Malaga Spain in March 2020 I was also charged the same charge of 40 euros on June 8th. The 3 charges need to be removed from my credit card. I f you need any additional information please contact me at [protected] or by email at Steve. [protected]@gmail.com

Jul 01, 2020

Hertz — Charging a cancellation fee

I booked a car through Hertz for the Labor Day weekend 2020. Due to the Covid concerns the venue cancelled...

Jun 26, 2020

Hertz — Rental vehicle

I rented a vehicle RR H35584544. The agent was extremely nice, picked me up timely and was very courteous and...

Inwood
            Apr 06, 2020

Hertz — Insurance coverage

My name is Jenna Kulakowski, I picked up a rental on February 19, 2020 in Revere, MA which was covered...

Mar 20, 2020

Hertz — over billed/fraudulent charges

I returned a rental car, received a receipt it included miles and the notation the the tank was "FULL" yet...

Mar 16, 2020

Hertz — Overcharging for cancellation

I paid in advance on a car rental for a hunting trip to Texas. The trip was canceled due to Coronaviru...

Mar 15, 2020

Hertz — Rental car pickup

My family arrived to Ft. Myers right on time and found out name on the gold member board. We chose the only...

Feb 20, 2020

Hertz — Lost and Found

I recently rented a vehicle from your company on 21 Jan 20 through 15 Jan at your Las Vegas airport location...

Priceline/HertzRental car

Two months prior to our trip to Phoenix Arizona to watch our daughter play in a soccer tournament, we booked and prepaid for a car through Priceline/Hertz. We assumed that we were all set. When we arrived to pick up the car, we were told that there were no cars available and that we were on a waiting list behind 18 other people. How do you collect money from a customer in advance for a car reservation and then not have the car for them when they arrive? It was already paid for! So, we had to Uber to the airport for a fee of course and rent another vehicle there for three times the cost since it was a very busy weekend for travel to that area. This is unacceptable! I was told by Hertz and Priceline that there was nothing they would do for us. Horrible customer service. We have never had an issue renting a car before this. Lesson learned to stay away from Priceline and Hertz!

Feb 13, 2020

Hertz — rental car

I picked up a vehicle from the airport in florida. I returned the vehicle to the rochester international...

Hertzasking for additional payment

I received a letter from Hertz Portugal advising that there is a balance due on a car rental from April/May 2019. This rental was paid in full via my American Express card, so not sure what the confusion is on this.

Can you please help resolve this?

Reference Invoice [protected], RA No [protected]

This car rental total amount = 945.53 Euros; this was paid in full on 5/9/2019 via American Express credit card. Hertz Portugal claims that a balance of 170.70 Euros is still due.

• Hertz's response · Feb 20, 2020

This is in response to Mr. Thomas Pizzillo

We would like to help assist with the rental that occurred in Portugal.

Please email a copy of the letter you received to [email protected]
                  so we can help investigate this matter.

Thank you for contacting us.

Feb 04, 2020

Hertz — hertz rental car las vegas, nevada

I am Hertz Gold member so have all of my info. including credit card saved in my Hertz account. On December...