Having problems with Hertz?

+1 800 654 3001 (United States)
+1 800 654 3131 (USA, Canada and Puerto Rico)
+44 207 365 3369 (United Kingdom)
+61 180 055 0078 (Australia)
+64 33 586 789 (New Zealand)
+43 179 532 (Austria)
+32 27 173 207 (Belgium)
+45 33 179 057 (Denmark)
+354 522 4400 (Iceland)
+31 202 013 519 (Netherlands)
+351 219 426 385 (Portugal)
+27 112 898 001 (South Africa)
999 Vanderbilt Beach Rd Fl 3
Naples, Florida
United States - 34108-3508

Complaints & Reviews

Unauthorized multiple charges on my credit card

Hello, my name is Stephen Bonczyk the rental agreement number is [protected] This dispute Refit cardis about 3 charges for 40 euros charged to my Am Ex card on June 29 ($44.97 US) I believe that they were supposed to be for a parking ticket that I got in Malaga Spain in March 2020 I was also charged the same charge of 40 euros on June 8th. The 3 charges need to be removed from my credit card. I f you need any additional information please contact me at [protected] or by email at Steve. [protected]@gmail.com

Charging a cancellation fee

I booked a car through Hertz for the Labor Day weekend 2020. Due to the Covid concerns the venue cancelled the event, so i cancelled my car reservation. That's when i discovered that hertz was charging me a $100 cancellation fee. thats 25% of the entire $400 rental cost!!! After many attempts over 3 days to reach someone at customer service i was finally able to speak to someone. I read them the section OFF OF THEIR OWN WEBSITE that clearly states there would be no cancellation fees. The customer service op said i should take it up with corporate by sending proof (off of their website!) Even after insisting on speaking to a supervisor (who actually told me there was "no one above her" ) I was continually told the fee would stand. Next step calling my bank to have them dispute the charges. Shame on Hertz for pulling this during this time!

Charging a cancellation fee

Rental vehicle

I rented a vehicle RR H35584544. The agent was extremely nice, picked me up timely and was very courteous and...

Inwood Car Rental

Insurance coverage

My name is Jenna Kulakowski, I picked up a rental on February 19, 2020 in Revere, MA which was covered...

over billed/fraudulent charges

I returned a rental car, received a receipt it included miles and the notation the the tank was "FULL" yet...

Overcharging for cancellation

I paid in advance on a car rental for a hunting trip to Texas. The trip was canceled due to Coronavirus scares. The confirmation email that I took a screenshot of clearly says there will be a $50 cancellation fee if I cancel ahead of time and $100 if I cancel within 24hrs of the pickup time. With 11 days until pickup, I canceled my reservation and was charged $100. I was told that the fee was changed at the end of February. In the screenshot you can see the cancellation fees and at the bottom you can see the date of which I paid. The man I talked to was rude and short with me even though I gave him no reason to. He told me that if my confirmation email said that was the fee then I will have to call and get the other $50 back. He hung up without telling me where to call. I believe Hertz is gouging due to the high volume of cancellations.

Overcharging for cancellation

Rental car pickup

My family arrived to Ft. Myers right on time and found out name on the gold member board. We chose the only vehicle that was large enough to fit our four suitcases and went to check out. There was some scribble on the windshield about soon to be expiring license plate, but it was dated for April, which was beyond our rental dates.

When we arrived at the checkout gate, the woman there was incredibly rude about the note and said we were not allowed to drive the car. We asked why it was in the good lot in the first place and she didn't answer. She was incredibly curt with us as we were asked to go back into the lot and choose a different car. We did this, ended up with a car that only fit our luggage if we held it on our laps, and proceeded to the checkout lane again. We chose a longer line in order to avoid the same person who was so rude.

It turns out that our rate was increased in that time and they could t change it at the gate so we had to go back into the lot. Now my husband is standing in a very long line trying to resolve it. Hopefully the customer service there is better.

In any case, we are incredibly disappointed that what could have been easily resolved with a simple apology was escalated. We hope that this is an anomaly and not something we should expect from Hertz.

Lost and Found

I recently rented a vehicle from your company on 21 Jan 20 through 15 Jan at your Las Vegas airport location...

Rental car

Two months prior to our trip to Phoenix Arizona to watch our daughter play in a soccer tournament, we booked and prepaid for a car through Priceline/Hertz. We assumed that we were all set. When we arrived to pick up the car, we were told that there were no cars available and that we were on a waiting list behind 18 other people. How do you collect money from a customer in advance for a car reservation and then not have the car for them when they arrive? It was already paid for! So, we had to Uber to the airport for a fee of course and rent another vehicle there for three times the cost since it was a very busy weekend for travel to that area. This is unacceptable! I was told by Hertz and Priceline that there was nothing they would do for us. Horrible customer service. We have never had an issue renting a car before this. Lesson learned to stay away from Priceline and Hertz!

rental car

I picked up a vehicle from the airport in florida. I returned the vehicle to the rochester international...

[Resolved] asking for additional payment

I received a letter from Hertz Portugal advising that there is a balance due on a car rental from April/May 2019. This rental was paid in full via my American Express card, so not sure what the confusion is on this.

Can you please help resolve this?

Reference Invoice [protected], RA No [protected]

This car rental total amount = 945.53 Euros; this was paid in full on 5/9/2019 via American Express credit card. Hertz Portugal claims that a balance of 170.70 Euros is still due.

RESOLVED

• Hertz's response · Feb 20, 2020

This is in response to Mr. Thomas Pizzillo

We would like to help assist with the rental that occurred in Portugal.

Please email a copy of the letter you received to [email protected]
    so we can help investigate this matter.

Thank you for contacting us.

hertz rental car las vegas, nevada

I am Hertz Gold member so have all of my info. including credit card saved in my Hertz account. On December 27, 2019 I made an online reservation for a weekly rental in Las Vegas.The reservation was to start on January 26, 2020. I made the reservation on my Hertz Gold account with USAA discount. On January 5 we realized that the trip would have to be cancelled so the reservation was cancelled online. I immediately received a cancellation confirmation e-mail. Then on January 26 I received an e-mail of my "rental agreement" and my credit card was charged over $200.00. Hertz claims that I picked the car up on January 26 at 4:38 pm. I was in Texas at the time so I did not in fact pick up the vehicle. After calling offshore customer service all week long and getting false assurances and runaround, the final charge was placed on my credit card a week later with an additional charge for late return. How can I be told by Hertz that I drove a car 495 miles for a week when I was not in Las Vegas and never picked up the vehicle. Hertz has done nothing to correct this mistake. Customer service pretty much said that all that they can do is type up a report and hope that someone in Las Vegas reads it. I am finished with Hertz and I have rented 10-15 times per year over the past several years. I have filed a chargeback on my credit card and will pursue further legal remedy for this fraud.

exit pick up area

Complaint Data: 01/23/2020 about 6:30pm (Eastern Time) Gold Plus Member # [protected] On the date shown I goe...

car rental

I rented a car for two days at the Montclair, CA office on Central Ave for about $36 per day. I am a Gold...

[Resolved] unauthorized credit card charges

This is fror the 3401 w airport fwy, irving texas location. I went to get a rental reserved for me on behalf...

Dear Sir,

My name is Mr. Nuttajak, I have rented a car from Hertz company from Geneva airport, Booking No: [protected]. we got Volvo V90 instead of GLC model (See photo No.1 and No.2), we drove to Hotel Les Arolles in Lyon and stayed that hotel for 3 nights. After parking the cars for 3 nights, we checked out on Dec 30 and need to drive to check-in at Ritz Carlton hotel in Geneva, and this is the beginning of disappointing story of Hertz service as follow;

TimeLine on Dec 30 ;

10.30 am: We found that the car could not start, seem like the car and remote key could not be connected.

11.00 am: We think the battery in the remote key may be dead, we managed to change the battery in the remote key, unfortunately, it still not working.

11.15 pm : We informed the staff of the Hotel Les Arolles to help to contact Hertz at +[protected], but no one picked up the phone even though this number is 24 Hr Emergency roadside assistance (imagine if this is a real accident, how to get support from Hertz, very disappointed.)

11.24 am: I start using my phone to call to +[protected] as shown from my Photo No.7_ My Phone Screen, luckily one staff pick up the phone and link me to Hertz office in France at the number: +[protected]

12.00 Pm: the hotel staff assist me to call to Hertz in France and the staff start to put our case in file/folder and informed us that they will send someone to come to the hotel within around one to one and a half Hr, and will call to my mobile phone number at +[protected]. At that time I feel that the problem is going to be solved soon and feel safe.

02.00 Pm: after two Hour, nobody contacted me and I start worried due to I need to have a long drive to Geneva which take me around 2 and half hr to reach there, my destination is to check-in at Ritz Carlton hotel in Geneva and I tried to reach the hotel asap.

02.00 Pm -03.00 Pm: I called to Hertz almost 20 times(see photo No. 7), keep asking them to update me on the truth that were they sending someone to me??
I did request them to give me a name and mobile number of Hertz staff who are coming, in order for me to contact them directly. One conversation, Hertz staff told me that the guy named Mr. Herpin was assigned and coming to see me, surprisingly I called Mr. Herpin and he told me he was not the one to come, I felt exhaust with Hertz, also very upset and feel that my patient was expired.

03.00 Pm: I talked to hotel staff that I cannot wait and cannot count on Hertz staff anymore, hotel staff help me to contact one garage which near to the hotel to fix the problem for me.

03.10- 03.45 Pm: within 10 minutes, the staff from the garage arrived to the car and help me to connect engine battery and also change the 12 V battery in the trunk, they charged me in total 380 Euro for this service (See photo No.3, 4, 5, 6 and 9 for the information)

Jan 1, 2020 till today: we found another problem, the display shown the tyre pressure low (see photo No.8), I already top up the tyre pressure at the petrol station, but this also very annoy me when driving the car, I got 5 years old daughter in the car and who is going to respond if any accident occur.

In Conclusion:

on the above explanation and clarification, I would say that I was extremely disappointed on Hertz service and support, I would request Hertz to refund me the battery changing cost at 380 Euro and also refund me all the rental cost at 43, 135.10 Baht. Please confirm back to me by this email: [protected]@mds2you.com or Mobile No: +[protected]. Any further information required, you can contact me at any time.

Regards,
Nuttajak A.

Email : [protected]@mds2you.com
Mobile No: +[protected]

rental car booking no. [protected]_volvo v90_ car plate no. ai33779

I don't know if they succeed to charge me about penalty at pamplona

I rent a car at 09/10/2019 from Barach A.P Madrid to Pampelone. i received a penalty at the E-mail but i...

damaged my truck

I was at this carlot yesterday 12/28/19 to look at purchasing a car. The manager went to test drive my truck...

car rental

Hi all, Recently I rented a vehicle from Hertz in LAX for the first time, I have been using other companie...

car rental in sicily

I am receiving charges on my credit card for no reason - without notice. Credit card...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices