Having problems with Sixt?

Sixt reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jul 1, 2008. The latest review complain about the reservation number 9908622545 was posted on Apr 20, 2021. The latest complaint reembolso reserva cancelada was resolved on Apr 04, 2017. Sixt has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 218 reviews. Sixt has resolved 42 complaints.

Sixt Customer Service Contacts

+1 888 749 8227 (United States)
+44 844 248 6620 (United Kingdom)
+353 12 352 030 (Ireland)
+43 810 977 424 (Austria)
+32 70 225 800 (Belgium)
+420 222 324 995 (Czech Republic)
+45 32 481 100 (Denmark)
+39 665 2111 (Italy)
+31 235 698 656 (Netherlands)
+351 217 998 701 (Portugal)
+40 372 372 005 (Romania)
+41 848 884 444 (Switzerland)
+973 17 711 770 (Bahrain)
+966 12 197 171 (Saudi Arabia)
+65 64 239 566 (Singapore)
+27 112 309 990 (South Africa)
+82 234 520 001 (South Korea)
+94 112 870 870 (Sri Lanka)
+66 27 932 300 (Thailand)
+54 114 815 2223 (Argentina)
+59 829 032 267 (Uruguay)
Zugspitzstraße 1

145 Soseaua Bucuresti-Ploiesti, 1 Bucharest, 013686 Romania

Russia
Leninskij prospect, 113/1, office 706C, 117198 Moscow, Russia

Spain
Calle del Canal de Sant Jordi 29, Local 2, Poligono son Oms, 07610 Palma de Mallorca

Sweden

Cumhuriyet Bulvari № 141a, 35220 Alsancak, Izmir - Turkey

Bahrain
P.O. Box 75104 Manama - Bahrain, Kingdom of Bahrain

China
Room 2316, Jiaxin Building, Jinsha Road № 92, Jinping District, 515041, Shantou, PR China

India
Kochuveedu, H. №AMC/13/680, Chandanakkavu, Pazhaveedu, Alappuzha Dist - 688009, Kerala State, India

Qatar

Peru

Av. La Paz Nro. 745 Miraflores, Lima 18, Peru

Uruguay
Mercedes 1422 Bis, 11200, Montevideo, Uruguay

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Sixt Customer Service. Initial Sixt complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Sixt above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Sixt. Discuss the issues you have had with Sixt and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Sixt Complaints & Reviews

Sixtcomplain about the reservation number [protected]

With the present I am testifying to my negative experience with Sixt car rental. I booked a car through website with pick up and delivery in Amsterdam Schiphol, 10 days car rental of medium category type Kia Stonic or similar with manual transmission. The total booking for the 10 days was 243.00 €
I check in others generics rent cars sites and I find the same price, so I decide to book directly from sixt.
First of all I want say that I work with Corporate Travel (I am Sales&Account Manager of the corporate market in the north-east of Italy) and for many years I'd rental car for work issues to then also be able to advise any suppliers to my Corporate customers who travel for Business.
Arriving at the Sixt desk in Schiphol I find an attendant asking me a series of personal questions, totally inappropriate.
After that he proposes me a higher category car with automatic transmission because the one I booked (and confirmed! ) is not available. I say yes to him provided that the price is obviously the same. He confirms to me that it is the same price and I accept thanking him for the upgrade granted.
*****He asks me what insurance I want and I confirm that as confirmed online, I do not want insurance and additional options compared to what was previously confirmed.
He explains that in the total on the screen I will see the price of the deposit that will be blocked for the rental days and subsequently blocked and in 'trust' I proceed to the digital signature of the contract******
When I return the car I find that the total I have to pay is exactly double that when confirmed and they tell me that it is an additional insurance that I chose during check in at the desk. Confused, I start checking contracts, confirmations and receipts in my possession and I actually read that I was given additional insurance never required, sold to me without my consent when delivering cars and passing it off as the deposit.
I Rental cars for many years with other historical and international suppliers and nothing so unpleasant has ever happened to me. I have never had to pay 1 euro more than when confirmed and pre-paid online.
I informed myself for days and found many, unfortunately, reviews where cases equal to mine are witnessed.
Dealing with sales in the same sector, I can with certainty say that ancommercial omission sale of information and clarity has been made and that it can probably be a 'legalized scam' Testifying to this I have the person who was with me who witnessed the conversation and all the confirmation vouchers that report the total of 243.00 confirmed at the time of booking and subsequently at check-in.
I look forward to your prompt response on this matter. As recommended by Trading Standards, I would like to keep a complete record of my case, so please reply to this email address.
By virtue of the fact that my job is to suggest the various suppliers to my customers who travel for Business, but above all, by virtue of a professional and clear work ethic.
I think it is shameful what has happened.

Yours faithfully,
Gloria Tommasi
Travel & Business Development Consultant Area Manager North - East
Mobile: +[protected]
e-mail [protected]@gmail.com

Feb 09, 2021

Sixt — Business corporate account service

Dear Sir / Madam, I am writing to you to raise an issue about: Car Rental The issue that I have...

Oct 17, 2020

Sixt — Rental car - sixt - via priceline: conf no: [protected]

I called sixt rental car corporate offices - they informed me that the agent in san diego (ms. (lenny...

SixtThey wanted to charge me for damage I did not do

29/09/2019
    Invoice [protected]
    It was raining when I collected the vehicle on a Sunday and no inspection was done. I rented for only 1 day. When I returned it the very next day they said I had damaged the rim of the Tyre. I laid a complaint then and was told I would have to pay the damage. I insisted it was not me who caused the damage and they refused to accept my word. A year later they are trying to take me to court. Don't they have insurance for damage? Secondly where is the fairness here? No inspection prior? Be reasonable €400 for a rim scratch?

SixtRental agreement

We booked a car through sixt tried to cancel due to quarantine they are still charging me the 3 days and refunded part of my rental. During a pandemic and a mandatory quarantine I think it is absurd that they would not refund my whole rental. My husband is in healthcare and can not afford to quarantine for 14 days. They have been unreasonable and not willing to amend their policy during this difficult time.

Mar 10, 2020

Sixt — Sixt complicity in spreading Covid19

I sent the following email to Sixt, regarding their complicity in spreading Corvid 19 virus: Dear Brianna...

Sixtthey are not helping

they are not helping in moscow office . i did crush on road but they didnt help and no answer to my call . my reservation number [protected] they was so rude and one manger talking one way and other manager talking diffrent way. they didnt send my deposit back also. i never recommend this company in russia to anybody. sixt good company but not in Russia

Sixtrental car

I have been receiving emails from Kim Hicks
          regarding a payment due for 611 Euros. When I ask her about the dates the car was rented, the make and model of the car and my signed contract she doesn't provide me with any information and keeps emailing me and asking me for payment. This needs to stop. I am a doctor with 3 busy practices and have no time for these scams.

Please contact her:
          Fax: +[protected]

Dr. Neda Mehrabani

Sixt.com / Sixt Rent a Cardouble charge on debit card

Hello,

I need your urgent support in regards of the reservation [protected] from Jan/24 to Jan/31. I paid with a debit card the amount of 17, 346.90 MXN including the deposit (6, 738.56 MXN). At the return of the car, I was supposed to receive back the deposit, but instead I got charged again 10, 968.34 MXN. With a total deduction of 28, 315.24 MXN

Sixt.com / Sixt Rent a Carinsurance coverage and easyrentcar company.

I tried to claim my money back from a charge done by SIXT rental car and they still are avoiding to pay me stating they have not received the paperwork required. A strategy to avoid paying me. I cannot understand how a company such a SIXT makes deals with easyrentcars, a Beijing based company; and insurance provided by AXA which is insured by AA Tianping PC. thus, making it very difficult to deal with them. I cannot trust a company who favors the use of theses companies. Already the information required they have it as per mails received from different personnel confirming the information sent;and where denied by them. Ref # [protected]

Jan 01, 2020

Sixt Car Rental Puerto Rico — car rental

I would give them a 0 if I could. Dishonest, fraudulent. My family rented 2 cars through price line for SIXT...

Dec 15, 2019

Sixt.com / Sixt Rent a Car — rental car deduct from deposit. scammer

Checkin number 37437-E-6 Contrat [protected] Date November 21 2019 to nov 24th 2019 I have rented a car and...

Nov 23, 2019

Sixt.com / Sixt Rent a Car — Car rental

Rented a car from SixT at Munich airport last week. Contract number:[protected]. I received my final invoice...

Nov 21, 2019

Sixt.com / Sixt Rent a Car — very high fine for being late for one hour

Good morning, I have rented a car for four days: 27/9-1/10 via rental cars.com .I have been late for one...

Oct 26, 2019

Sixt.com / Sixt Rent a Car — unethical behaviour

mounth ago (1st of September, 2019) we made a reservation (reservation number:[protected]) for 150.93...

Sixt.com / Sixt Rent a Carrental car

Worst rental car experience of my life!! When we picked up the car we were told everything was fine with it. We noticed the tire pressure screen had been called up on the dashboard and one tire was a little low but thought nothing of it because Sixt said the car had just been inspected and all was in order.

We learned after driving for a few hours that one tire had a slow leak. We were several hours away visiting grandparents so we filled up the tire and reported the matter to Sixt when we returned the car. Sixt then billed us for the tire! They refused to respond to any of my points about my customer experience - I feel that their response was rude. I have rented many cars globally over decades of travel and have never experienced a car rental experience as terrible as this one.

Now after looking at other reviews on the internet I see numerous complaints about alleged false charges, including "scam to charge for damages". One customer reports that he even took pictures of his car when he returned it and then was sent a bill for scratches that were not on his car when he returned it and he can prove it with his pictures. Another customer reports that "If you don't take full insurance from Sixt they are looking to scam your money."

I believe that Sixt may be engaging in a deliberate scheme to commit customer claims fraud. I highly recommend that you avoid Sixt!

Oct 22, 2019

Sixt Car Rental — extra charge after 20 days of returning the car and clearing all dues, with no incidents

Hello, This is about a car that we had rented from Sixt Car at Lisbon airport on the 26th of September. The...

Oct 07, 2019

Sixt.com / Sixt Rent a Car — fine not notified and no solution

We rented 3 x s car with sixt Den hague centrum in 2018. Either or name Becx / or Bradbury. This year my...

Oct 05, 2019

Sixt.com / Sixt Rent a Car — car rental service

My father and I rented a car from Sixt (Amsterdam central) for 48 hours between the 25th and 27th of...

Oct 04, 2019

Sixt.com / Sixt Rent a Car — unethical behavior, disrespect, racism, fraud on damage claim, lies

Me and my husband travel a lot all over the world and we ususally rent a car from Budget or Hert really known...