Sixt

145 Soseaua Bucuresti-Ploiesti, 1 Bucharest, 013686 Romania

Russia
Leninskij prospect, 113/1, office 706C, 117198 Moscow, Russia

Spain
Calle del Canal de Sant Jordi 29, Local 2, Poligono son Oms, 07610 Palma de Mallorca

Sweden

Cumhuriyet Bulvari № 141a, 35220 Alsancak, Izmir - Turkey

Bahrain
P.O. Box 75104 Manama - Bahrain, Kingdom of Bahrain

China
Room 2316, Jiaxin Building, Jinsha Road № 92, Jinping District, 515041, Shantou, PR China

India
Kochuveedu, H. №AMC/13/680, Chandanakkavu, Pazhaveedu, Alappuzha Dist - 688009, Kerala State, India

Qatar

Uruguay
Mercedes 1422 Bis, 11200, Montevideo, Uruguay

Complaints & Reviews

Sixt complicity in spreading Covid19

I sent the following email to Sixt, regarding their complicity in spreading Corvid 19 virus:

Dear Brianna,

Thank you for your careful review of my reservation.

I thoroughly understand your legal position and adhering to the fine print of your contract.
However, in light of my textbook symptoms of the Covid19 virus and lack of testing possibility to confirm the same, I took it upon myself to self-quarantine and cancel travel plans as the prudent, socially respectful thing to do.

I do not agree with your statement that the WHO, world health organization, recommends public interaction and traveling while clearly showing symptoms of Covid19.

Alaska airlines fully refunded my "Non-refundable" tickets. Sixt, instead, chose to penalize a prudent citizens, such as myself, by not only charging for unused services, encouraging the spread of Covid 19, but also having the audacity of charging MORE in cancellation fees then the rental cost itself!

I find the Sixt actions very disturbing and will spend my quarantine time ensuring that the Sixt Policy, blatant disregard for customer and employee safety, and your support of Covid19 spread is well publicized in social media and all rating platforms.

Regards,
Tomasz Rondio

they are not helping

they are not helping in moscow office . i did crush on road but they didnt help and no answer to my call . my reservation number [protected] they was so rude and one manger talking one way and other manager talking diffrent way. they didnt send my deposit back also. i never recommend this company in russia to anybody. sixt good company but not in Russia

rental car

I have been receiving emails from Kim Hicks
regarding a payment due for 611 Euros. When I ask her about the dates the car was rented, the make and model of the car and my signed contract she doesn't provide me with any information and keeps emailing me and asking me for payment. This needs to stop. I am a doctor with 3 busy practices and have no time for these scams.

Please contact her:
Fax: +[protected]

Dr. Neda Mehrabani

Sixt.com / Sixt Rent a Cardouble charge on debit card

Hello,

I need your urgent support in regards of the reservation [protected] from Jan/24 to Jan/31. I paid with a debit card the amount of 17, 346.90 MXN including the deposit (6, 738.56 MXN). At the return of the car, I was supposed to receive back the deposit, but instead I got charged again 10, 968.34 MXN. With a total deduction of 28, 315.24 MXN

Sixt.com / Sixt Rent a Carinsurance coverage and easyrentcar company.

I tried to claim my money back from a charge done by SIXT rental car and they still are avoiding to pay me stating they have not received the paperwork required. A strategy to avoid paying me. I cannot understand how a company such a SIXT makes deals with easyrentcars, a Beijing based company; and insurance provided by AXA which is insured by AA Tianping PC. thus, making it very difficult to deal with them. I cannot trust a company who favors the use of theses companies. Already the information required they have it as per mails received from different personnel confirming the information sent;and where denied by them. Ref # [protected]

Sixt Car Rental Puerto Rico — car rental

I would give them a 0 if I could. Dishonest, fraudulent. My family rented 2 cars through price line for SIXT for a total of 196/each. Upon arriving in Puerto Rico, and being...

Sixt.com / Sixt Rent a Car — rental car deduct from deposit. scammer

627734 Checkin number 37437-E-6 Contrat [protected] Date November 21 2019 to nov 24th 2019 I have rented a car and picked it up in Casablanca airport at around 10:00 pm night time. I have...

Sixt.com / Sixt Rent a Car — Car rental

Rented a car from SixT at Munich airport last week. Contract number:[protected]. I received my final invoice today and was charged over 46 Euros for fuel. The car was 7/8 full when...

Sixt.com / Sixt Rent a Car — very high fine for being late for one hour

627734 Good morning, I have rented a car for four days: 27/9-1/10 via rental cars.com .I have been late for one hour ang charged for 216.35 euro. A bill is attached. They say that they...

Sixt.com / Sixt Rent a Car — unethical behaviour

mounth ago (1st of September, 2019) we made a reservation (reservation number:[protected]) for 150.93 euros On our way to Munich (in Hungary) we were robbed: all my boyfriend'...

Sixt.com / Sixt Rent a Carrental car

Worst rental car experience of my life!! When we picked up the car we were told everything was fine with it. We noticed the tire pressure screen had been called up on the dashboard and one tire was a little low but thought nothing of it because Sixt said the car had just been inspected and all was in order.

We learned after driving for a few hours that one tire had a slow leak. We were several hours away visiting grandparents so we filled up the tire and reported the matter to Sixt when we returned the car. Sixt then billed us for the tire! They refused to respond to any of my points about my customer experience - I feel that their response was rude. I have rented many cars globally over decades of travel and have never experienced a car rental experience as terrible as this one.

Now after looking at other reviews on the internet I see numerous complaints about alleged false charges, including "scam to charge for damages". One customer reports that he even took pictures of his car when he returned it and then was sent a bill for scratches that were not on his car when he returned it and he can prove it with his pictures. Another customer reports that "If you don't take full insurance from Sixt they are looking to scam your money."

I believe that Sixt may be engaging in a deliberate scheme to commit customer claims fraud. I highly recommend that you avoid Sixt!

Sixt Car Rental — extra charge after 20 days of returning the car and clearing all dues, with no incidents

Hello, This is about a car that we had rented from Sixt Car at Lisbon airport on the 26th of September. The contract number is [protected] The booking was made by us through car...

Sixt.com / Sixt Rent a Car — fine not notified and no solution

We rented 3 x s car with sixt Den hague centrum in 2018. Either or name Becx / or Bradbury. This year my husband was held in airport schiphol for an outstanding traffic fine...

Sixt.com / Sixt Rent a Car — car rental service

My father and I rented a car from Sixt (Amsterdam central) for 48 hours between the 25th and 27th of September, 2019. We refilled the car and delivered it to the designated...

Sixt.com / Sixt Rent a Car — unethical behavior, disrespect, racism, fraud on damage claim, lies

Me and my husband travel a lot all over the world and we ususally rent a car from Budget or Hert really known companies and normally we go more for brand companies but this time I...

Sixt.com / Sixt Rent a Carexcess fuel charges...

Booking Ref No. [protected]

To Whom It May Concern,
Car hire in Miami Florida from Sixt at Miami Airport, date 3-16 September 2019. Paid bill for hire on credit card plus paid for in full for additional services recommended by agent i.e Car Insurance and Roadside Recovery.
Shortly after leaving pickup centre around 2 am in the morning the tyre pressure senor indicator light came on. Later that day after resting from our flight I drove to a petrol station and the pressure in the passenger side front tyre was topped up. The light came off and everything seemed okay, but overtime the light kept coming on and off. We were not to concerned as the tyre did not go down but due to the indicator I stopped off several times to top up the air in the tyre when it came on. Initially I thought there was a fault with the sensor as mentioned before the tyre did not go down, but I then decided to contact Sixt when it signalled once again soon after I had air put in on my way home Sunday 8th Sept. I parked up a couple of streets away from my destination to explain the ongoing issue to your agent and the fact that I had planned a 3 hour drive to Orlando to visit the parks, (this was the main reason I hired the car to take my son to the parks there for his birthday surprise gift) the following morning and was worried about the journey as I would have to drive over the highways and interstates, and could not quite understand why the sensor was coming on and off on the car. I also took the opportunity to mention that I was dissatisfied with the service from collection, the vehicle appeared not to be clean, interior and exterior which I had never experienced before with regards to the numerous occasions I have hired cars previously. It also took the agent 3 attempts to allocate us a suitable vehicle albeit I booked days in advance prior our arrival therefore it should have been ready. I would have complained there and then, but my family and I endured long flight delays due to the hurricane and we just wanted to rest.
The agent mentioned that he there might be a spare tyre in the boot of our vehicle but then advised that he would make arrangements for me to 'exchange' the car at the nearest Sixt Centre which was around 25 minutes away from where we were staying, even though I had aired my concerns about driving on a possible faulty tyre and also informed him I had Car Insurance and Roadside Recovery Cover which he should have been aware of as soon as he typed in my reference number and the fact that I was a visitor to the Country.
Despite my reservations I followed his instructions and made my way the following morning to the centre. When I finally arrived at the centre the car was inspected and I was told there was a screw embedded in the tyre and that was the root of the problem and also that it could have caused the tyre to blow out at high speeds. I went on in great horror and disbelief to 'exchange' the faulty vehicle and after a short break to compose myself, set off to Orlando with my family.
At the end of my hire agreement 16th Sept, the replacement car was 'returned' with a tank full of fuel as contracted.
A week after my return from our holiday, I started to go through my bank statements particularly paying attention to my expenditure in Florida, and was shocked to see that your company had charged me an excessive bill for fuel amounting to 108.89 dollars. This charge could only have come about due to the exchange arranged by your agent because of the unsafe faulty tyre. It is utterly unacceptable. I was not a anytime during my two conversations with your advisor's one 8th and the other 9th, as no one seemed to be answering the Sixt Centre phone where the replacement was arranged during several attempts to let them know we were on the way, again instructed by your first advisor, was I instructed or advised to fill the tank before the exchange.
As mentioned prior, my family and I were due to drive to Orlando that day so my instinct was to drive straight to the centre before the pressure reduced again during the 25 minute commute as per instructed. Therefore to learn that I have been charged for the above incident even though I paid in full for Roadside Recovery Cover and it was never suggested by either one of your advisor's to send out a recovery agent to inspect the car, replace the tyre or to recover the vehicle and deliver a replacement as a safety precaution was outrageous and very disconcerting.
I have spoken with family members and friends who have all said I am well within my rights to submit a letter of complaint under the given circumstances. I am therefore requesting a full refund for the fuel bill totalling 108.89 dollars and an detailed explanation to why a service I had paid for, Roadside Recovery, was not used or offered as an alternative.
This incident has not only tainted my family's holiday experience but mine also plus it has tarnished my faith in Sixt as a trustworthy car hire company as your service was highly recommended to me.
Your immediate attention and response to my complaint and issues via my phone or email address would be much appreciated.

Yours faithfully,
Miss Domanique Scarlett
[protected]@hotmail.com
mobile: [protected]

Sixt.com / Sixt Rent a Carcar rental

I rented a car for my trip in Portugal. Reservation number [protected] and paid in full $633.86. When I arrived to pick it up I was told that I couldn't take the car unless I bought the insurance for the vehicle which I was told was about $220. I was told that the insurance is mandatory. I also purchase the gas for about $70. I expected to be billed approximately $300 more. I turned in the vehicle and was told I did not need a receipt or car inspection and that everything was taken care of. When I returned back to the US there was a charge for $979.83 on my credit card! I cannot understand how my rental coat went to $1613.69 this is unreal. I am a senior on a fixed income and have been taken advantage of. I sent a request to the general customer service who explained that they requested as refund in the amount of the insurance as well as for the upgrade (I never requested an upgrade for my car so I am unclear as to why I was charged with it) I will never rent from you again and will be reporting these inflated cost to the BBB and posting a review. A rental for 17 days should not cost this when I paid in full. I am requesting a refund for the rental insurance as well as the upgrade in total of $617.80 (this is in Euros and should be converted to US dollars.)

Your agent took advantage of an elderly client who was traveling over 12 hours and just made false statements to up-sell me. Then today I was charged another $16!!!'

Sixt.com / Sixt Rent a Car — deceitful behaviour from staff and hidden charges

To whom it may concern, I would like to make a formal complaint to Sixt on behalf of both my partner and I. This complaint is in regards to our experience at your car hire desk...

Sixt.com / Sixt Rent a Car — overcharging, refusal to rectify

Details of dispute as follows: 1. Car Hire booked with Sixt Paris through Wotif.com 2. Car picked up from Sixt, 10 Rue De La Paix, Paris, 75002 on 21/08/2019, at 9am, returned...

Sixt.com / Sixt Rent a Carthey cheat credit card

Me and my brother rented a car for a day for 277 euro and we received a bill with extra 300 euro in frankfurt airport. When we ask about 300 euro a guy said this is just for deposit.Now it is about one month sixt rent havent given me my 300 euro, when I asked you said we couldnt pay your money because you drive up 500 km. This is embezzlement, why sixt rent car said this 300 extra euro is just for deposit and we will give back. However after driving thety said your money is our company! why you didnt explain when you drive up 500 km we will not give your deposit... I don't offer anyone to rent with your company because you steal customer's money and you make deep psychological effect on your customers. I will complain hundred thousands people on media that how you steal customers money...Now they still disseise 27 dollars without any information. I worry about withdrawing money from my credit card everyday.I will talk with my bank and complain...I never saw such thing in companies.They cheat customers...

Sixt.com / Sixt Rent a CarUninformed and forced insurance charge in car rental

Reservation number: [protected]

We rented a Mercedes MLA (or same level) on Sixt online reservation system from August 10 to August 16, and we didn't purchase any additional packages in the reservation. However, two days before I received an invoice that arbitrarily adds another fee into the bill for 6 days' supplemental liability insurance fee and claims that they will charge the money from my credit card automatically (how ridiculous that is!). I feel being immorally cheated by the Sixt service and I hereby ask for a justified explanation for this uninformed charge. I have the reservation confirmation email and clearly the money on it does not include any insurance package.

I think the possible mistake happens when we arrived at the front-desk of Sixt at Seattle-Tacoma airport in the afternoon of August 10. When we made a final confirmation of our reservation, we asked about whether we can use our own car insurance instead of having to purchase additional protect packages from Sixt, and the front-desk staff said no and that we had to use their insurance (her behavior let us think that the insurance has been included in the reservation money and she didn't tell us that she needed to charge more money for the insurance). Later we confirmed with her that there does not exist any additional charges except for the amount of money indicated in the reservation, and only charged us $500 for deposit.

As a first-time customer of Sixt, I feel deceived by both the website service (its fake low rental price) and in-person service. Hopefully with a professional problem-management regarding with my situation, I can get the refund for the $108.48 insurance fee. I will continue to choose Sixt in the future if it's properly resolved because the company indeed provided me with a high-quality rental car.

* Expected charges in reservation: $510.57
* Uninformed charge of supplemental liability insurance plux tax: $108.48
* Total charges: $619.05 USD

Sincerely,

Jianmin Dong

Sixt Car Rental Munich AirportCharge for vehicle upgrade

Booking ref. [protected] : I prebooked and had confirmation to rent a VW Touran from Munich airport between 3rd and 10th August 2019. On arrival at your check in desk I was told that the car I had pre booked was not available which was very surprising as my booking was confirmed. I was offered an alternative vehicle in the next category above, a Ford S Max, which I agreed to take on the basis that I would not be charged any extra for the change. The gentlemen serving us Confirmed that we would not be charged any extra for the upgrade so I signed for the car.

Some days later I received a break down of the bill for the car hire and I found that I had been charged an extra 84, 67 Euro for the upgrade I was told would be free of charge. I find this to be dishonest and deceitful in the extreme that I am told one thing and then you do the opposite. I therefore request that I am reimbursed for this difference without delay. If I don't get a positive response within 14 days I will take legal advise.

Sixt.com / Sixt Rent a Car — double charge same period of time

I had a reservation last August 5 at a downtown store in Miami but unfortunately we cant conclude this reservation and the attendant from this store canceled this resevation...

Sixt.com / Sixt Rent a Car — rental car

I rented a car at the airport in Paris. While in a parking garage it became stuck in the forward gear even when the shifter was in the reverse position. Three different people to...

Sixt.com / Sixt Rent a Carrental car

I had a scheduled rental car pick up time for 4:30 pm Today at Atlanta Air port. It is now 6:10 pm and I am being told I still have to wait. I don't understand how one can have a reservation time and go so far beyond it without still getting their car. I was just told that it was because of the high volume of rentals today but if it is high, why accept more, I should not have to wait if you were allowing others who didn't have reservations to get cars before a customer with a valid reservation. I can honestly say this is the worst experience I have ever had with a rental car company and I will not be returning to SIXT. I have been here almost 1 1/2 hours and can see five other rental car companies that process their customers extremely faster, and are not maintaining a line for the whole time I have been here.

Sixt.com / Sixt Rent a Carovercharged

Hello I took a car Mercedes E200 from Manchester Airport on 17th Aug and returned the car at heathrow on 24th Aug

As agreed they charged my card £ 911 on 18th july I came back home today I found out today from statement they have further deducted £ 950 more on dated 31st July.
What should I do
Pl respond it immediately cz its unethical
Regards
Irfan Wahid

Sixt.com / Sixt Rent a Car — service clientèle

Dear Sirs, From 7th to 14th of July, I hired my first car with your company. A choice I truly regret today. I am in contact with Sixt's office in Rijeka (Croatia) since I came...

Sixt.com / Sixt Rent a Car — car rental

627734 Sixt HQ Customer Service Worldwide Subject: Sixt rent-a-car Croatia RES [protected] RA [protected] & HR567070550 Dear Sir, I am writing to your board to complain about Sixt Car...

Sixt.com / Sixt Rent a Carcomplicated complaint [protected]

Dear sixt

Too much mistakes for the sixt office,
1- he give me different category(A4 wagon, because when I'm checking in the web it different space bag car also the price .
2- I told him about the accessories in the car bag no need because I have wheelchairs no space he tell me not possible if but I will charge you; I asked him how much he told me i don't no.

** I sent emails about that to the customer service he apologized and he tell I will give you upgrade to A6 wagon but should to drive 40 minutes to the nearest office to change, I accepted but I send many of emails and remind about accessories to tell the office I want to leave it in office.
** I went and put my father to a hospital, i drive 40 minutes to office, when I arrived the staff (Eva ) she is smiles every time and helped me quick to change the car for me,
**** 🔴But here's the problem, The staff Eva discovered that the car I was using was in the name of a different person in the system, My real car with another one,
-I do not know if the person is possible to make serious irregularities or something out of the law, I think now I'm in danger .
-Eva and christian it's very cooperation with me and helpful to try give me good options, Eva tell me to do new contracts with new price, after that the company it will be calculated to refund the money, I tell him ok I agree but mention every thing in the contracts,
but I didn't take the Audi A6 because still same problem with accessories and can't keep in the office because is different return, he show me the skoda it's good size i'm taken but it's different categories it should be lower price,
Also the costumes service it not answer the phone mor than 15 minutes,

I don't now what to do about many of problem .

I like Sixt car and I tell everyone about the sixt, but now it's very very bad experience.

Abdulaziz Albarak
Reservations number [protected]

Sixt.com / Sixt Rent a Car — car rental

Feedback along with formal complaint and request for refund. Hello, I would like to share with you our horrific experience we had at the SixT Frankfurt outlet on June 30th...

Sixt.com / Sixt Rent a Cardamage charged illegally

Dear sirs,

I am writing in regards to reservation number [protected].

I and my family have rented sixt for years on an exclusive basis as I relied on your standard of excellency worldwide.

Unfortunately, I experienced a horrific experience with your Malta branch which I believe is sullying your name as a reputable rental agency and which is making me revise my loyalty and that of my vast network of friends and family to your company.

I was coerced quite rudely by the employee of your branch into paying a 700 EUR penalty for "burning the clutch of the car". As I was with an elderly group who where already strssed by the ordeal and the absolute lack of consideration,   we were told further penalties would ensure if I didn't pay, I settled the expense under the understanding that the claim could be reopened with you directly online.

I believe I was the subject of a misclaim by your agency in Malta and I am asking for full retribution of the amount.

I have driven for over 30 years with never burning a clutch, I barely drove the car in Malta and when I picked up the car the clutch was a bit hard; but not being a mechanic myself I had no way of knowing I have been given a defective car until I made the long drive that proved the problem.

As can be testified by my rental history with sixt, I am a respectable client who always returns the car in the same condition in which it was received, with a tank of full gas and on time. I also paid the 700 EUR in advance trusting that sixt would rectified the miscommunication later.

I would therefore appreciate you to investigate the matter and reimburse me the EUR 700 which I was wrongly charged for.

I completely disagree with any charges imputated on me as I have undertaken a extra full coverage that should include any allegations or twists Sixt is invoking.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter

Kind regards,

overcharged

I have booked car with sixt through expedia for 5 days and total money was $391.00 when we went to pick up the car we decided to keep it for 4 days and the final price (include...

Sixt.com / Sixt Rent a Cartrying to charge me for damage. sx-[protected]-66-83, 6024kxf

I am having an issue with your Barcelona rental office about damage which I can catergorically confirmed never happenned whilst the car was with me.
Happy to take a polygraph.
Even though I am fully insured, feel it is not fair for the insurance company to compensate me for something did not do. I am at impasse with your Barcelona office.
Brief report:
We got the car at 1.00am & was parked so close to the pillar that could not see any marks because the car was dusty. Also no one came to check the car with us. At 6.03am before setting off, my friend & I checked the car when noticed slight damage. Took the photos which have sent to your claims department. Almost a week later had an email about damage. Thank you.

trying to charge me for damage. sx-[protected]-66-83, 6024kxf
trying to charge me for damage. sx-[protected]-66-83, 6024kxf

Sixt.com / Sixt Rent a Car — charging below the belt

627734 Even if as seen on the document, the fuel is full 8/8 when I returned the car. How can you charge? Please refund the amount 40, 15 euro as soon as possible. I attached that I...

Sixt.com / Sixt Rent a Car — emergency support service for sixt

We rented a car from pisa airport. Reservation number [protected]. First, we had to wait 40 mins to get the car. On the same day when we reached our villa, we noticed the car had a...

Dear Sirs,

I have recently rented a car from Sixt at Dublin airport (RA 5570937). I am an experienced and prudent driver, even driving on the left side. I have had the car for 10 minutes (!), driving not more than 3km, and white smoke came out of the engine. I have called roadside assistance immediately. They suggested that maybe I had started in third gear, but I am 100% positive that I did not, it was 1st gear. I am well versed in handling manual cars. I have reported that to the rental desk and signed a paper that I deny any responsibility. I had doubts about the car, because there was actually a half empty box of grapes on the co-driver seat when I picked it up; I had doubts the car was ready, but as there is no one attending in the car OCLC I took it and drove to my hotel. Now I see that Sixt charged the guarantee fee of 1.500 EUR. I deny any responsibility for this damage and would suggest that the car was not in good condition at pick up.

I would ask Sixt to release the guarantee fee to me.

Kind regards

Michael Steidl

Sixt.com / Sixt Rent a Carcar rental wrong charges

I had the misfortune to rent a car with the company Sixt from Portugal from 23rd to 24th of May 2019, Invoice Car Rental [protected] SIXT PORTUGAL.

The car was picked up in Lisbon and delivered in Porto, both cities in Portugal.

When delivering the car in Porto the attendant informed me that everything would be alright, but to my surprise last 29/05 I received an email from Sixt wanting to charge me the exorbitant value of 1741.09€.

Unfortunately the company has no way of clarifying by phone, only by email and the same is done in a very time consuming process and with little clarity by their replays.

I will number some points that I have questioned them and I had very little clarification:

1- Picture where it shows the scratch is not clear (attached), I do not see any risk, much less something that is bigger than 5cm; (since they say they only consider damage as scratch greater than 5cm)

2 - The place where I removed the car (Lisbon) the car was in a dark parking lot, low light (indoor garage) and with cars very close, the alleged risk is in the lower part of the car, which would make it impossible to check it visually the withdrawal of the car considering the conditions of the place;

3 - The attendant who received the car in Porto assured me that I would not be charged for this damage since it was a very difficult place (under the car) and that the scratch, which I did not cause, was less than 5 cm . If at any point he told me that there was any possibility of charging for the same, if he had told me, I would have solved that situation the same day at the place of drop off (Porto).

4 - The amount they want to charge does not make the slightest sense - Value of the Franchise = 960€ / Value of the concert according to the attachment of the e-mail = 171.09€ / Amount they first mentioned that would be charged = 1741.09€ (makes no sense)/ Amount my e-mail questioning the different amount they said the correct amount would be = 45, 91€/ Amount charged from my card without my authorisation = 206, 10€.

I take this opportunity to demonstrate my discontent with the treatment I have received from Sixt, numbering them in:

1- Delay in care when picking up the car in Lisbon;
2- I had no follow-up on the inspection of the car in Lisbon;
3- Car delivered was not the car booked, car with many scratches, although I complained they mentioned I did not need to care about the scratches as they would only consider scratches longer than 5cm (I didn't have a ruler to measure every single scratch of the car);
4- Delay on checking out when delivering the car in Porto;
5 - Clack of clarity in the inspection of the car when delivering in Porto, the attendant assured me that that scratch (which I did not cause) as explained above would not be considered as new damage to the vehicle;
6- They take a long time to respond my emails and when replay, gives me a very vague explanation and don't take in consideration any of my points.
7- Charged my Credit card even though I left clear I did not allowed until the situation was clarified.
8- I've been trying to contact Sixt in every possible way, but that don't seem to care about my dissatisfaction, nor to go through all the e-mail thread already exchanged between us to analyse my case.

car rental wrong charges

Sixt.com / Sixt Rent a Car — accused for accident (scratch) that I haven't made

On 28th of May 2019 myself together with other 4 colleagues of mine we booked a car (Audi A6, booking ref. [protected]) from sixt office in Grand Westin hotel in Munich. The...

Sixt Car Rentalsixt car rental unsubstantiated claim (do not rent from sixt)

Dear Sir,

We are writing to you regarding the incorrect charge from Sixt car rental, and we would like to dispute the charge.

On the day 6/4/2019, we collected the car at Vienna airport with Sixt agent named Mr. Souleymane Tirera at 21.35 hrs. We have noticed that there were some damages on the car which were not recorded in your pre-rental inspection. We have made note with the agent right away. Nevertheless, only additional new damage at the front sill was recorded in the system.

We also have noticed the scratches at the rear bumper and informed Mr. Souleymane Tirera; Sixt agent.Mr. Souleymane Tirera; Sixt agent confirmed and ensured that they didn't need to be recorded in the form as Sixt didn't pay attention to such scratches at the rear bumper as there were from the baggage loading from previous customers. With confirmation from Sixt agent, we trust in his specialist and integrity. Thus we were made to beloved that such scratches can be dismissed.

This situation happened in front of Sixt office at Vienna airport at 21.35 hrs. Thus, this conversation can be found from the surveillance video at the scene that there were the discussion regarding this issue.
Moreover, attached is the check out form FB-046-JR. to confirmed that there were additional 10 Centimetres car damage which was not recorded by Sixt office. This can be shown that the damage itself has been missed from Sixt system. If we had not seen such damage; we would be again charged by Sixt. This can be shown that Sixt inspection system is very loosen; thus, this might lead to customer being exploited. We have attached the pre-rental inspection sheet to show that there was the damage missed from Sixt record and was informed to the agent right away.

We insist that such damage hasn't been caused during our rental period. We deny the damage and thus the charge, and respectfully request the matter to be drop at once.

On the other hand, on our previous e-mail, we have requested following documents from Sixth Car Rental in order to reassure that such damage was made by previous renters. However, nothing was provided by Sixt.

a) rental forms for the five rentals preceding mine and all rentals subsequent;
b) vehicle condition reports for the vehicle for all rentals;
c) photographs of the vehicle when we pick up with the picked up date stamped especially at the rear bumper.
d) VDO surveillance in front of Sixt office during 20.00 - 22.00 hrs which will show the discussion regarding the bumper.
e) VDO surveillance on the returned date.

Moreover, when we returned the car on 15/4/2019 to Sixt agent at Vienna airport, they confirmed us everything was fine and have a good day. Sixt attendants didn't mention any damage on the vehicle; otherwise they would have alerted us.

Upon presentation of the above, we have denied all the false damage charge to Sixt, and revoke all authority to charge our credit card. We have attached the document

HOWEVER; on 22/05/2019, Sixt has replied us an e-mail insisting for the false claim, WITHOUT providing us the legitimate evidences; requested the documents and VDOs. The correspondence e-mails can be found below.

With the provided information, we insist that the charge that Sixt sent us is unjustified and seek for your help to investigate on this issue.

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
Nilapat Chonlacoop
[protected]@hotmail.com

Sixt.com / Sixt Rent a Carshlomo sixt, haifa

Hi! I took car after paying prepayment through EconomyBookings and came to the office with voucher, confirmed that prepayment is mad and with amount of money to be paid after rent.
Unfortunately, Shlomo Sixt employees didn't confirm that any prepayment is received by them, at the same time they confirmed that car is successfully booked by this voucher.
At the result I should pay this prepayment twice in order to hire car.
Unfortunately, EconomyBookings doesn't agree to pay this amount of money back and Sixt says that this is my issue with EconomyBookings.
It's very strange position for company with brand history of more than 100 years. I can easily provide my correspondence with Sixt via email if needed.