Lexington Law Firm Logo

Lexington Law Firm

Having problems with Lexington Law Firm?

360 N Cutler Dr.

3500 West Market St., Suite 4, Fairlawn, Ohio 44333

Pennsylvania and West Virginia
437 Grant Street, Suite 1240, Pittsburgh, PA 15219

South Carolina
Magnolia Village Business Park, 181 Bluffton Road, Suite F-202, Bluffton, SC 29910

Virginia
2915 Hunter Mill Road, Suite 17, Oakton, Virginia 22124

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Lexington Law Firm.

Complaints & Reviews

Lexingtoncredit repair

I called Lexington Law because the bank my deceased mother had for her loan has ruined my credit when I had to file bankruptcy to try and save the house and I don't know how they got my ss number ulster savings bank. my brother was on the note and he didn't pay nothing for the house. and he was the fiduciary. I didn't sigh anything. I don't know how I got on a deed when I didn't refinance and I ve called the credit bureau and they want me to write a 300 page letter why chapter 13 and seven should not be on my credit report. and I thought that Lexington Law could handle it for me. Because I'm on a fixed income I can't afford a attorney. and the DOLS has turned me away 3 different times. fir Three different disputes. and Lexington Law is not answering my calls to stop them from taking any more money from me

Jul 23, 2019

Lexington Law Firm — unauthorized transactions

I was a customer with lexington, i spoke to a customer service rep on 07/09/2019, and requested that the...

Lexington Law — credit service resolution

My husband and I signed up for Lexington law because Trulia.com recommended it due to having low credit...

Lexington Law — Non stop advertisements to my cell.

They are somehow sending me a ton of non stop advertisements. I have received what feel likes 100+ ads. They...

Lexington Law — debits to my checking account

I had unexpected expenses this month and my recurring debit to Lexington Law couldn't go thru my...

Lexingtonlaw.com — I wasted money on useless papers

Don’t trust to the company www.lexingtonlaw.com. They took money for the credit report $100, after that...

Lexington LawFailure to listen

I had pathetic credit and Lexington Law in just over a year removed 68 out of 92 negatives from my report. The only problem I have with them is that when you email them the persons answering the email can't possibly be reading them because they send you a form letter that doesn't even come close to the question asked. You can resend it 2-3 times and finally get tired of asking something they seem incapable of answering. Maybe just a little more concentration on their part would help. After all, you are paying for it.
    I will say that after just over a year my score increased considerably. It is frustrating at times when it isn't quick enough, but I got myself into this situation, not Lexington Law!

• De
        Derrick62 Feb 07, 2015

I just canceled Lexington Laws service after 5 months my score has dropped 30 points and now I find out that my first payment is a setup fee and I still owe $99.
        They will send out letters to creditors just before your billing cycle so they think it will make you decided to stay with them the 30 days to get a response from the challenges.
        The customer service is great when you hire them, wait till you try to cancel and try to get a explanation of the pre written emails they respond with that don't answer your question. They are not your friends believe me. Go to your local lawyer and get it done the right way.

• St
        Sthay Oct 21, 2017

I have to agree with the emails, it would be funny if it wasn't so sad. You can keep asking them the same question over and over, they reply with copied information from the website that doesn't answer your question. I first got angry and then I just kept asking for kicks and like a robot the kick back an email, I think I counted 6 that they choose from. lol. what is up with that? why bother?

And there is no credit analysis or "discussion" the people who email replies are useless, on the phone they seem slightly more knowledgeable, but remember the baseline is useless so slightly more is not much

Lexington LawUnauthorized debit card withdrawls

While searching on web to obtain my credit report i saw lexington law advertising. To view your credit report pay 19. 95. I tapped on agree and gave them my debit card numbers. As time went by i found myself unable to view my report via email. I called lex law on phone andexplaind my problem and was given a user name and password code numbers to access their site and view. Soon i find out i have six overdraft fees of thirty five dollars apiece. Plus two ninty nine dollar withdrawls and two ninteen ones. Wells fargo informed me it was legal and my claim in not valid. I believe wellsfargo and lexington law are in this together. Now my credit is even worse and i was legeally robbed out of hundreds of dollars.

huggs Jul 15, 2014

i was charged 3 payments in 45 days!!! BUYER BEWARE!!!

Lexington Law FirmScam

I was with Lexington Law Firm for three weeks and they cahrged me for two months worth of work!

Total scam artists! Do not use this company! They will scam you out of hundreds!

Lexington LawUnauthorized debit charges

Lexington Law bills 1 month in advance, ($99.95). After doing nothing for me, I decided to do it myself. I succeeded without effort, just wrote to each of the Credit Companies, and they were very quick to respond. Something that Lexington couldn't seem to get done, oh they made claims that they were working feverishly on my behalf, what a joke! After sending an e-mail stating that I no longer needed their services in the 1st week of January, just after they took out another fee of $99.95, I at that time told them not to charge my card ever again that my fees were current until 2/10/13, they ignored the request and took out another month of service fees. They are a fraud and a bunch of thieves. Do yourself a favor and take care of your own credit repair issues, its so easy.

Lexington LawCustomer Service

I was a client of Lexington law firm and paid each month for all services provided (as I thought) and had called to CANCEL services due to the fact, I was now unemployed and was not going to be able to afford the fees each month. I had called to cancel services and was under the impression that this was what was taking place, until 3 months later I had another $89 charge to my accnt. I spoke with numerous people who stated that the accnt was put on hold and not canceled and it automatically started up in 3 months. When I said I did not authorize this to begin they said, that the services had started a month prior and the fee was for services renderred during the past month. My point is that I didn't know they had resumed services without asking me first??? Then they said that they sent out an email. Well, maybe or maybe not. They send out numerous emails everyday, and may have but the fact is I was un-aware and am still unemployed. $89 dollars is a lot of money when u are only receiving unemployment check each month. As I spoke with 2 supervisors and the customer service I received was inexcusable. First and foremost they are a business, second I payed my money, without customers paying them for services they would be unemployed as well. I tried explaining my circumstances in the nicest way possible and was treated very rude like I was a lower class and told tough luck. $89 will come and go its not about that anymore. These people treat their customers very badly and are very disrespectful. It does not matter who is on the other end of the line they do not care once they have your money. You are no good to them after they receive payment. DO NOT GIVE THESE PEOPLE A CENT... YOU CAN DO THIS YOURSELF AND DO NOT NEED AN ATTORNEY.

• Ms
                Mskissis3 May 20, 2015

I WAS A CLIENT OF LEXINGTON LAW UNTIL THEY CHARGED MY ACCT TWICE FOR SERVICE AND WHEN I DISPUTED THE CHARGES THEY SAID IT WAS FOR SERVICES RENDERED. I ASK TO SPEAK WITH THE HEAD OF THE COMPLINT DEPARTMENT SHE SAID ITS NO ONE THERE. WHEN I TOLD HER TO PLAY THE TAPE BACK AND TELL ME WHEN DID I SAY CHARGE MY ACCT TWICE OR EVEN CHARGE AT ALL THEN SOMEONEELSE CAME ON THE PHONE AND REFUNDED MY MONEY AND I TERMINATED SERVICES. SO NOW TODAY I SEE HOW MUCH THEY BROUGHT MY SCORE UP I SAID OK MAYBE IT WAS A MISTAKE BUT NOW THE LADY IS TELLING ME THAT I OWE THEM MONEY FOR SERVICES RENDERED. LIKE THEY FIND ANYWAY TO GET MORE MONEY OUT OF YOU AND I STILL HAVENT TALK TO A HEAD CUSTOMER RELATIONS MANAGER

Lexington LawBreach of contract and non return of money

About five months ago I retained the services of this firm tohelp clean up my credit through the three major credit reports and, of course, they needed the initial setup fee immediately to begin so I obliged and transfer about $120 plus or minus in their hands and assured me that my case worker would contact me and when she did she required the fee to pull up my credit profiles and briefly discussed what they'll do for me and for the next weveral weeks I received letters from former creditors stating that their complaint was being removed which was great. It then happened after receiving various former creditor letters that they issued me an e-mail and letter stating they could no longer represent me and gave me no particular reason as to their motivation to "dump" me as a client. I then sent them emails as to their reasoning and requested a return of their money. Then the following weeks I received a refund check was to be sent me and I waited for a week and then phoned them about this matter and they said it would take ten days to issue payment. Patiently awaiting still no check so I began calling once again and spent one half hour on the phone being transferred to a few different client representative and finally talked to some client rep and asked what the hold up was and that I really needed my money returned stating that I deserve my money returned for medication or a condition that is what the doctors term, life threatening, and I shoudn't be without my mediction. Stil no response. So I asked I made another call and that person told me that my file didn't exist. Then I began receiving calls from their office soliciting themselves as people representing themelves as Lexington and asked if I was in need of legal assistance and I told them no that I wasn't followed with more emails offering the Lexington Law Firm requesting I sign up. It's apparent they have some type of communication problem; in desregard of my request for a refund and they stated another man was going to phone me the next day only to receive more of the same "passing the buck." So that is why I will contact the appropriate BBB and will make my first call to the Utah State Bar and I will continue those two agencies which state they will help me collect my money regardless as I will beinning to email those agencies as it is more than apparent they are extorting money from people will also phone the IC3.gov division of the FBI which handles matters concern internet fraud. Sincerely, Brett Montana

• Ro
                  Ronald F Miller Feb 16, 2012

I have been defrauded by Lexington law also. Now I have to cancel my credit card to stop them from chargng their monthly fee.Bank of America is now alerted to them & hopefully this will help others in similar positions with their criminal behavior. Ronald Miller

• Re
                  reedbbyboy Jun 06, 2012

I don't think I would ever use Lexington Law because I see so many complaints on them me and my husband are young and we are trying to get our lives on track. We want a lot of new things in life but if we are gonna depend on them whats the use to many COMPLAINTS they want get our money that easily...

huggs Jul 14, 2014

BUYER BEWARE!!! I was charged 3 payments on a month to month account in 45 days!!! BUYER BEWARE!!!

huggs Jul 14, 2014

I am a former employee of lexington law firm. There are a few things people should know before signing up for their service.
                  The people who work there ARE NOT PARALEGALS!! when you call in it is a call center, they have their employes take very simple tests once ever 3-4 months, most of them are right out of highschool. YOU DO NOT HAVE any paralegals or attorneys working on your case, the whole system is automated, they have a internal system that automatically generates the letters . The whole system works on it's own and most of the employes that work there have no idea how credit works. Also they BREAK THE CROA LAWS!! on a daily basis... they do this 2 different ways. 1. when they upload an Experian report alot of the times because of the way Experian lists the item Their system marks it as it was deleted off of your credit report and they move it to a positive credit line. they then send out to the customer an email and post it on their website that it was removed from the report when it was not... THIS IS A VIOLATION OF FEDERAL LAW. 2. also their data entry team makes many many many mistakes when entering reports, this is also VIOLATION OF CROA. they have been aware of the flaw in their systems for over a year and still have not made any attempts to fix it.
                  Now on to why you pay a monthly fee.. according to CROA they can not bill you till after they do the work. how they do this is, they tell you that they will not dispute all of your items at once because it can make the credit reporting agency's give you a negitive response.. this is a lie, if they disputed everything at once they would have to wait 60-90 days to re-dispute the, and they would not be able to charge you a fee for that time. By doing it the way they do they can drag out the process and charge you every month and have you pay more money.
                  Now on to when you call to close your case. there are alot of complaints about people closing and the case not being closed... that is because every employee MUST hit their stats and one of them is the % of clients they can talk into not closing their case, if they close the case it will count against them, if they talk you into keeping it open they get 3% of what your next payment is. So alot of times the phone reps will not close the case and not put a note in the case. This happens ALL THE TIME, and they are aware of this and do not hold the phone reps accountable. When you close your case write down the date and time and name of the reps.. And yes the complaints of rude reps are true, they are not trained for customer service and they do not have any quality control. Just keep in mind everything they do, you CAN do yourself. the only thing you are paying them for is the time it will save you

• Co
                  Cozie Sep 23, 2015

I have recently been duped by this company and I did submit my complaint with BBB of Utah. I will make sure I let everyone know how shady their business practices are. I wish I had did my research about this before they got me.

Lexington Law Firmpossible online Rip-Off

FYI - I was just doing some innocent online research for my oldest grandson - answered several questions but have never been able to contact them directly. After sitting at my home office desk reading all of the printed off 'information' I knew I'd been 'conned' thus I MAILED A LETTER OF CANCELLATION ON 06/23/2011 BUT have just learned that my debited amount to them cleared almost instantly.

I've tried two different times to cancel this via online but with no luck and now my youngest daughter is angry because my meager bank account is way overdrawn - with this additional fee, etc.. All I have as proof would be a scanned copy of my checkbook record of the debited amount. HELP! Ann L. Holland (317 South Bonita Avenue - Panama City, FL 32401) and my house telephone is: [protected]. Also have a MagicJack telephone.

Lexington Law — Scam

I hired Lexington Law several years ago to remove some inaccurate information. One of the items was a...

Lexington LawNot A Company of their Word!

I am very disappointed with Lexington Law after cancelling my service last night they send me an email saying my negatives have been removed only to find out that it is not true the BS explanation was that they view my submitted credit report wrong and they though this and that which makes no sense than they wanted to go ahead and re-submitt to the bureus which made no sense because what happen to the original submission which was over a month ago... is a waste during that same month I have been able on my own remove negatives.

Lexington Law Credit RepairScam

Lexington Law makes all kinds of promises to get you on board so they can bill your credit card monthly. They send a simple dispute letter that is computer generated to your creditors that they forge your name on and all they are out is the cost of a stamp. They do not even mail certified. They require that you go online and choose how to dispute the bad accounts like you are the expert and not them. They say that you will have your own paralegal which is not true, when you call them on the phone you have to speak to whoever answers and they tell you that they are on the same "team" as your personal paralegal. Truth is they operate a large phone room employing minimum wage operators. These people actually made my credit worse then before. DO NOT USE THIS FIRM!!!

• Re
                        Reviewer71991 Mar 01, 2016

I was with these people for 11 months paying 100 bucks a month...in that time 3 items came off and a couple months later were right back on!!! I ended up going with mm credit solutions and they took care of me in 4 months. I don't know what the heck Lexington was doing in all that time. every I called I had to explain myself all over again to freaking different people. I was trying to buy a house and time was very important to me.

Lexington LawCredit

THIS IS ANOTHER SCAM SITE FOLKS. DO NOT USE THEM.
                      If you need assistance, see someone in your local area PERSONALLY.
                      I suggest a lawyer. It is the ethical way to resolve and you are dealing with a live person approved by the bar association. No not handle your credit issues online. You open up to FRAUD BIG TIME.

jaydog130 Oct 30, 2010

I disagree with all of these negative comments. I have been using Lexington law for 2 years now and I can say that I have had numerous negative items removed from my credit report and my credit went up by 200 points. Oh yeah go ahead ppl and get a lawyer and spend thousands. U ppl r just to stupid to see the benefits. They have never took money without my permission. Even if they did they would credit it back. Lexington law is one of the best credit repair company's out there. Screw bankruptcy and debt consolidation. That just ruins ur credit. With this service, items dissapear.

• St
                          Sthay Oct 21, 2017

@jaydog130 umm. 2 years at $80/mt + setup fee = thousands (assuming you're paying the lowest amount) - and it took them 2 years to get numerous items removed. You are not selling it Jaydog 130.

• Be
                          belgia Nov 04, 2010

Why pay for what you can do yourself? I also am VERY skeptical about these boards in that the companies themselves can add cloak comments as rebuttals. Not only that, then GOD and everyone has your personal information. Not the best way to go. GOD I can handle. Scammers gotta go.

• Tm
                          tmf3 May 03, 2011

Here is a phone number for the company: [protected]

• Co
                          cowgirl777 Jul 07, 2011

I myself have also being using Lexington Law Firm - My credit went up within few months. Everything has been legit so far, you just need to keep checking you credit scores so you can see for yourself that the company does really works. Jaydog130 I agree with you - Lexington is the best company outhere to help you.

Lexington Law Firm — NO CUSTOMER SERVICE THEY SUCK

Lexington Law STINKS THE BIG ONE. I have paid them for the most expensive service they offer to help me clean...

Lexington Law Firm - Internetpoor services after four years

I have been a member since 2006. They have I beleive given me substardard services and now I'm asking for them to speed the process up a little. I was told they do not take credit from a company but they did direct me to go and purchase this report. Now I am being asked to purchase my report from another reporting agency. I have sent several e-mails to them asking questions and have got the below as a reply to my e-mails.

My e-mail too them------John,
                        I have been a Customer for four (4) years and I have never criticized, grumbled, or complained about your services, knowing things in business change and people do also. I have spent over $2, 800.00 dollars to your firm and have received I believe substandard services. With this said I up graded to the 79.00 dollar a month service and explained in an e-mail that I really needed to have my credit scores three (3) bureaus above 700 by December 2010.

First I would like the chance to explain I was directed to start getting my report through one of your recommended reporting agencies, which I complied paying additional 24.99 (first month) and cancelled my four (4) year membership through my bank (costing me roughly 129.00 dollars), Bank of America because it only reported as far back a 24 months. I did everything your firm asked of me and received an e-mail the following day stating that your firm no long accepts the reports from your recommended agency because they only report 24 months also, then was told in the same e-mail to go through another agency called TrueCredit. Well unfortunately they say I have an account with them and it has been locked because someone trying to gain access. I have dealt with this with truecredt since 2001. I am of course overseas and we have no access to fax machine which they only take a faxed ID from me to re open. As you can see my hands are tied right now until my arrival home for two weeks in November. I have been overseas for more than 5 years making a few things hard for me out here (which I have taken in consideration on your side and mine). to include out approximately 160.00 dollars.

keep getting e-mails from your firm telling me my case summary has been up dated only to find out it has not. I have submitted by credit report in paper, e-mails, gave your firm the login and password and etc.

I have also on my Credit that someone from your firm sent in a letter stating my Home loan was not mine? I have been fighting this when getting credit and so on. The home on my credit report is MINE and I have showed being late in payments when I first got the loan in 2003 for only the company being wrong in reporting because it was new loan

there response-----Thank you for the e-mail. The updated report that we have received for August is from a site we can no longer use. Creditkeeper does not provide a full credit history. I am sorry to hear about the problems you are having with truecredit.com. I understand your problem. There are a number of other sites you can use for reports. Another site that offers a free trial is creditchecktotal.com.

Thank you for the e-mail, I apologize for the trouble this has caused you. Perhaps it would be best to either place your case on hold for a few months or close it until you are able to provide your updated credit reports. I would like to help you clear up whatever is remaining on your report, but I am not able to do so until I have your current reports. Please let me know how you would like to move forward.

Me----- after four years I get the above e-mail?

I feel as If they took my money and ran...
                        Gary

Lexington Law — Fraud and lies

I hired Lexington Law to clean up some of my old credit issues. Well they did clean a few in the very...

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices