Lexington Law Firmcompany logo

Lexington Law Firm

Lexington Law Firm

Learn how the rating is calculated

5 29 complaints
29 resolved 0 unresolved

This account has been claimed by Lexington Law Firm customer service / representatives through our verification process.

Lexington Law Firm reviews & complaints

Lexington Law Firm representatives

Lexington Law Firm complaints 29

Lexington Law Firm - Rudeness and unprofessional

I called to cancel my subscription! I explained to the operator that my daughter passed away and I can't afford the membership. Actually I'm canceling everything so I can afford the funeral cost. She tried to sell me another package. I told her that I just want to cancel because I am not in the right state of mind or financially able to do anything… she went on to say that She lost family members as well. I told her that if you have not lost a child then you will never understand my pain at this moment… we had words back and forth and she said that I am not being professional. Ummmmm I do not work for LexingtonLaw I'm at home picking out flowers for my daughters funeral how the heck am I supposed to be professional. It's your job to be professional to me.

Desired outcome: Fire this lady

Hi Carmelle,

We are so sorry to see this and are looking into this immediately. We apologize for this incident and are sending our deepest gratitude towards your situation. Again, we apologize for this inconvenience and thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Lexington Law Firm - Agent

I am the daughter of Kimberly Mclendon who one of your agents were trying to reach. I told this rude person multiple times my mom was in a coma. She continued saying would tomorrow be better I asked was she God and was going to take my mom out of the coma i even asked she respect our family at this time but no on and on it went. I demanded her name which of course they didnt give it to me. In the state of Florida by law you have to identify yourself I know this my dad is an attorney and all of this has been sent to his firm. Our family would never do business with you! I mean look at the scum bags you hire! Heres the number they used and attatched are the text messages [protected]

Desired outcome: Written apology from supervisor and that employee and the emoloyee reprimanded

Hi Kimberly,

We are so sorry to see you've had a less than great experience with Lexington Law. The screenshots shown are not how we operate and we are fully looking into this situation. We appreciate you sharing and are so sorry for the inconvenience this caused. If you would like a representative to reach out, please send us a DM. Thank you.

Lexington Law Firm - Credit Repair

I am highly disappointed and would not recommend anyone unless you want to waste time and money. I was told by different representatives that it will be 60 days or less and credit score will increase and will fix errors on report. To many times where wrong amount was charged, seems to be a lack of communication because no one seems to know what is going on. Horrible service and always get lied to. Don't waste your time.

Hi there,

We are sorry to see you've had a less than great experience with Lexington Law. Each client has a different credit situation meaning that time frames and results can vary, which can be frustrating. We truly appreciate your feedback and are always looking for ways to improve our client experience and company procedures.

We would be happy to review your case and help resolve any concerns you may have. Please send us a message with your contact information and a representative will be in touch.

Thank you.

Lexington Law Firm - My credit false respiration

My husband and I got tricked into paying then for 6 months to fix our credit cause my identity was stolen and he's was hospital bills in that 6 months they lowered our score from 590 625 down to 420 and my husband to 360 and we're fight to get it back up that false advertising

We started off buying our car 8 months ago at keys auto put 1200 down worked gd but heard a little rattle under the car they informed me they had a 10 year warranty well we waited then a month rolled around got ahold of them they said we don't do that I guess take it to pet boys so my husband had to stay there in tulsa for 4 hrs while they were supposed to have changed a caliber which they didn't do it was still clicking and we had the new financing companies calling us saying we wasn't paying cause they had bought the loan for this car so in 6 months there has been 2 loan places and there has been many breach of contract on the behalf

Desired outcome: For it to get fixed right or paid back

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are sorry to see you had a less than great experience with Lexington Law. Here at Lexington, we are able to assist with a variety of credit situations. When it comes to ID theft, it's a situation we have helped thousands of our clients with. We would be happy to review your case and any recent changes on your credit report that could have brought your credit score down (credit scores can decrease due to various reasons).

Please send us a message with your contact information if you'd like a representative to reach out.

Thank you.

Lexington Law Firm - credit repair

I called Lexington Law because the bank my deceased mother had for her loan has ruined my credit when I had to file bankruptcy to try and save the house and I don't know how they got my ss number ulster savings bank. my brother was on the note and he didn't pay nothing for the house. and he was the fiduciary. I didn't sigh anything. I don't know how I got on a deed when I didn't refinance and I ve called the credit bureau and they want me to write a 300 page letter why chapter 13 and seven should not be on my credit report. and I thought that Lexington Law could handle it for me. Because I'm on a fixed income I can't afford a attorney. and the DOLS has turned me away 3 different times. fir Three different disputes. and Lexington Law is not answering my calls to stop them from taking any more money from me

Hi Suzanne,

We realize this review is a bit older but would like to discuss this further and help resolve your concern. Please give us a call at [protected] and we will be happy to offer you our personal assistance. Thank you.

Lexington Law Firm - unauthorized transactions

I was a customer with lexington, i spoke to a customer service rep on 07/09/2019, and requested that the account be close because i no longer needed their service, the account was closed on the 9th...

Lexington Law Firm - credit service resolution

My husband and I signed up for Lexington law because Trulia.com recommended it due to having low credit scores. We stayed with them for 7 months and had old account (7 years or more) inquiry...

R
Feb 26, 2016
The company has left an official comment on the complaint.

Lexington Law Firm - Non stop advertisements to my cell.

They are somehow sending me a ton of non stop advertisements. I have received what feel likes 100+ ads. They just keep going day and night. Kept me up all night long. I have submitted to them to take...

Lexington Law Firm - debits to my checking account

I had unexpected expenses this month and my recurring debit to Lexington Law couldn't go thru my checking account, the balance was too low. I emailed them on their site to 'Cancel' my account due to...

Lexington Law Firm - I wasted money on useless papers

Don’t trust to the company www.lexingtonlaw.com. They took money for the credit report $100, after that they again charged me for some report and different papers. I only paid them money, but they...

Lexington Law Firm - Failure to listen

I had pathetic credit and Lexington Law in just over a year removed 68 out of 92 negatives from my report. The only problem I have with them is that when you email them the persons answering the email can't possibly be reading them because they send you a form letter that doesn't even come close to the question asked. You can resend it 2-3 times and finally get tired of asking something they seem incapable of answering. Maybe just a little more concentration on their part would help. After all, you are paying for it.
I will say that after just over a year my score increased considerably. It is frustrating at times when it isn't quick enough, but I got myself into this situation, not Lexington Law!

S

I have to agree with the emails, it would be funny if it wasn't so sad. You can keep asking them the same question over and over, they reply with copied information from the website that doesn't answer your question. I first got angry and then I just kept asking for kicks and like a robot the kick back an email, I think I counted 6 that they choose from. lol. what is up with that? why bother?

And there is no credit analysis or "discussion" the people who email replies are useless, on the phone they seem slightly more knowledgeable, but remember the baseline is useless so slightly more is not much

I just canceled Lexington Laws service after 5 months my score has dropped 30 points and now I find out that my first payment is a setup fee and I still owe $99.
They will send out letters to creditors just before your billing cycle so they think it will make you decided to stay with them the 30 days to get a response from the challenges.
The customer service is great when you hire them, wait till you try to cancel and try to get a explanation of the pre written emails they respond with that don't answer your question. They are not your friends believe me. Go to your local lawyer and get it done the right way.

Lexington Law Firm - Unauthorized debit card withdrawls

While searching on web to obtain my credit report i saw lexington law advertising. To view your credit report pay 19. 95. I tapped on agree and gave them my debit card numbers. As time went by i found myself unable to view my report via email. I called lex law on phone andexplaind my problem and was given a user name and password code numbers to access their site and view. Soon i find out i have six overdraft fees of thirty five dollars apiece. Plus two ninty nine dollar withdrawls and two ninteen ones. Wells fargo informed me it was legal and my claim in not valid. I believe wellsfargo and lexington law are in this together. Now my credit is even worse and i was legeally robbed out of hundreds of dollars.

i was charged 3 payments in 45 days!!! BUYER BEWARE!!!

Lexington Law Firm - Scam

I was with Lexington Law Firm for three weeks and they cahrged me for two months worth of work!

Total scam artists! Do not use this company! They will scam you out of hundreds!

Lexington Law Firm - Unauthorized debit charges

Lexington Law bills 1 month in advance, ($99.95). After doing nothing for me, I decided to do it myself. I succeeded without effort, just wrote to each of the Credit Companies, and they were very quick to respond. Something that Lexington couldn't seem to get done, oh they made claims that they were working feverishly on my behalf, what a joke! After sending an e-mail stating that I no longer needed their services in the 1st week of January, just after they took out another fee of $99.95, I at that time told them not to charge my card ever again that my fees were current until 2/10/13, they ignored the request and took out another month of service fees. They are a fraud and a bunch of thieves. Do yourself a favor and take care of your own credit repair issues, its so easy.

Hi there,

We are sorry to see you've had a less than great experience with Lexington Law Firm. When it comes to billing, we are only able to bill for completed work, not future work. This may be what you were seeing as the final payment will be on your regular billing date the following month. We would be happy to discuss this further and help resolve your concerns. Please give us a call at [protected] and we will be happy to offer you our personal assistance. Thank you.

Lexington Law Firm - Customer Service

I was a client of Lexington law firm and paid each month for all services provided (as I thought) and had called to CANCEL services due to the fact, I was now unemployed and was not going to be able to afford the fees each month. I had called to cancel services and was under the impression that this was what was taking place, until 3 months later I had another $89 charge to my accnt. I spoke with numerous people who stated that the accnt was put on hold and not canceled and it automatically started up in 3 months. When I said I did not authorize this to begin they said, that the services had started a month prior and the fee was for services renderred during the past month. My point is that I didn't know they had resumed services without asking me first??? Then they said that they sent out an email. Well, maybe or maybe not. They send out numerous emails everyday, and may have but the fact is I was un-aware and am still unemployed. $89 dollars is a lot of money when u are only receiving unemployment check each month. As I spoke with 2 supervisors and the customer service I received was inexcusable. First and foremost they are a business, second I payed my money, without customers paying them for services they would be unemployed as well. I tried explaining my circumstances in the nicest way possible and was treated very rude like I was a lower class and told tough luck. $89 will come and go its not about that anymore. These people treat their customers very badly and are very disrespectful. It does not matter who is on the other end of the line they do not care once they have your money. You are no good to them after they receive payment. DO NOT GIVE THESE PEOPLE A CENT... YOU CAN DO THIS YOURSELF AND DO NOT NEED AN ATTORNEY.

I WAS A CLIENT OF LEXINGTON LAW UNTIL THEY CHARGED MY ACCT TWICE FOR SERVICE AND WHEN I DISPUTED THE CHARGES THEY SAID IT WAS FOR SERVICES RENDERED. I ASK TO SPEAK WITH THE HEAD OF THE COMPLINT DEPARTMENT SHE SAID ITS NO ONE THERE. WHEN I TOLD HER TO PLAY THE TAPE BACK AND TELL ME WHEN DID I SAY CHARGE MY ACCT TWICE OR EVEN CHARGE AT ALL THEN SOMEONEELSE CAME ON THE PHONE AND REFUNDED MY MONEY AND I TERMINATED SERVICES. SO NOW TODAY I SEE HOW MUCH THEY BROUGHT MY SCORE UP I SAID OK MAYBE IT WAS A MISTAKE BUT NOW THE LADY IS TELLING ME THAT I OWE THEM MONEY FOR SERVICES RENDERED. LIKE THEY FIND ANYWAY TO GET MORE MONEY OUT OF YOU AND I STILL HAVENT TALK TO A HEAD CUSTOMER RELATIONS MANAGER

Lexington Law Firm - Breach of contract and non return of money

About five months ago I retained the services of this firm tohelp clean up my credit through the three major credit reports and, of course, they needed the initial setup fee immediately to begin so I obliged and transfer about $120 plus or minus in their hands and assured me that my case worker would contact me and when she did she required the fee to pull up my credit profiles and briefly discussed what they'll do for me and for the next weveral weeks I received letters from former creditors stating that their complaint was being removed which was great. It then happened after receiving various former creditor letters that they issued me an e-mail and letter stating they could no longer represent me and gave me no particular reason as to their motivation to "dump" me as a client. I then sent them emails as to their reasoning and requested a return of their money. Then the following weeks I received a refund check was to be sent me and I waited for a week and then phoned them about this matter and they said it would take ten days to issue payment. Patiently awaiting still no check so I began calling once again and spent one half hour on the phone being transferred to a few different client representative and finally talked to some client rep and asked what the hold up was and that I really needed my money returned stating that I deserve my money returned for medication or a condition that is what the doctors term, life threatening, and I shoudn't be without my mediction. Stil no response. So I asked I made another call and that person told me that my file didn't exist. Then I began receiving calls from their office soliciting themselves as people representing themelves as Lexington and asked if I was in need of legal assistance and I told them no that I wasn't followed with more emails offering the Lexington Law Firm requesting I sign up. It's apparent they have some type of communication problem; in desregard of my request for a refund and they stated another man was going to phone me the next day only to receive more of the same "passing the buck." So that is why I will contact the appropriate BBB and will make my first call to the Utah State Bar and I will continue those two agencies which state they will help me collect my money regardless as I will beinning to email those agencies as it is more than apparent they are extorting money from people will also phone the IC3.gov division of the FBI which handles matters concern internet fraud. Sincerely, Brett Montana

C

I have recently been duped by this company and I did submit my complaint with BBB of Utah. I will make sure I let everyone know how shady their business practices are. I wish I had did my research about this before they got me.

BUYER BEWARE!!! I was charged 3 payments on a month to month account in 45 days!!! BUYER BEWARE!!!

I am a former employee of lexington law firm. There are a few things people should know before signing up for their service.
The people who work there ARE NOT PARALEGALS!! when you call in it is a call center, they have their employes take very simple tests once ever 3-4 months, most of them are right out of highschool. YOU DO NOT HAVE any paralegals or attorneys working on your case, the whole system is automated, they have a internal system that automatically generates the letters . The whole system works on it's own and most of the employes that work there have no idea how credit works. Also they BREAK THE CROA LAWS!! on a daily basis... they do this 2 different ways. 1. when they upload an Experian report alot of the times because of the way Experian lists the item Their system marks it as it was deleted off of your credit report and they move it to a positive credit line. they then send out to the customer an email and post it on their website that it was removed from the report when it was not... THIS IS A VIOLATION OF FEDERAL LAW. 2. also their data entry team makes many many many mistakes when entering reports, this is also VIOLATION OF CROA. they have been aware of the flaw in their systems for over a year and still have not made any attempts to fix it.
Now on to why you pay a monthly fee.. according to CROA they can not bill you till after they do the work. how they do this is, they tell you that they will not dispute all of your items at once because it can make the credit reporting agency's give you a negitive response.. this is a lie, if they disputed everything at once they would have to wait 60-90 days to re-dispute the, and they would not be able to charge you a fee for that time. By doing it the way they do they can drag out the process and charge you every month and have you pay more money.
Now on to when you call to close your case. there are alot of complaints about people closing and the case not being closed... that is because every employee MUST hit their stats and one of them is the % of clients they can talk into not closing their case, if they close the case it will count against them, if they talk you into keeping it open they get 3% of what your next payment is. So alot of times the phone reps will not close the case and not put a note in the case. This happens ALL THE TIME, and they are aware of this and do not hold the phone reps accountable. When you close your case write down the date and time and name of the reps.. And yes the complaints of rude reps are true, they are not trained for customer service and they do not have any quality control. Just keep in mind everything they do, you CAN do yourself. the only thing you are paying them for is the time it will save you

I don't think I would ever use Lexington Law because I see so many complaints on them me and my husband are young and we are trying to get our lives on track. We want a lot of new things in life but if we are gonna depend on them whats the use to many COMPLAINTS they want get our money that easily...

I have been defrauded by Lexington law also. Now I have to cancel my credit card to stop them from chargng their monthly fee.Bank of America is now alerted to them & hopefully this will help others in similar positions with their criminal behavior. Ronald Miller

Lexington Law Firm - possible online Rip-Off

FYI - I was just doing some innocent online research for my oldest grandson - answered several questions but have never been able to contact them directly. After sitting at my home office desk reading all of the printed off 'information' I knew I'd been 'conned' thus I MAILED A LETTER OF CANCELLATION ON 06/23/2011 BUT have just learned that my debited amount to them cleared almost instantly.

I've tried two different times to cancel this via online but with no luck and now my youngest daughter is angry because my meager bank account is way overdrawn - with this additional fee, etc.. All I have as proof would be a scanned copy of my checkbook record of the debited amount. HELP! Ann L. Holland (317 South Bonita Avenue - Panama City, FL 32401) and my house telephone is: [protected]. Also have a MagicJack telephone.

Lexington Law Firm - Scam

I hired Lexington Law several years ago to remove some inaccurate information. One of the items was a judgement from a hospital. I paid the monthly fee and was told that the removals were guaranteed...

The company has left an official comment on the complaint.

Lexington Law Firm - Not A Company of their Word!

I am very disappointed with Lexington Law after cancelling my service last night they send me an email saying my negatives have been removed only to find out that it is not true the BS explanation was that they view my submitted credit report wrong and they though this and that which makes no sense than they wanted to go ahead and re-submitt to the bureus which made no sense because what happen to the original submission which was over a month ago... is a waste during that same month I have been able on my own remove negatives.

Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your frustrations with us. We are sorry to see you've had a less than great experience with Lexington Law and would like to look into this matter further. Please give us a call at [protected] and we will review your case with you, answer any questions you may have and help review our services. Thank you.

Lexington Law Firm - Scam

Lexington Law makes all kinds of promises to get you on board so they can bill your credit card monthly. They send a simple dispute letter that is computer generated to your creditors that they forge your name on and all they are out is the cost of a stamp. They do not even mail certified. They require that you go online and choose how to dispute the bad accounts like you are the expert and not them. They say that you will have your own paralegal which is not true, when you call them on the phone you have to speak to whoever answers and they tell you that they are on the same "team" as your personal paralegal. Truth is they operate a large phone room employing minimum wage operators. These people actually made my credit worse then before. DO NOT USE THIS FIRM!!!

R
Mar 01, 2016

I was with these people for 11 months paying 100 bucks a month...in that time 3 items came off and a couple months later were right back on!!! I ended up going with mm credit solutions and they took care of me in 4 months. I don't know what the heck Lexington was doing in all that time. every I called I had to explain myself all over again to freaking different people. I was trying to buy a house and time was very important to me.

1 2