Enterprise Rent-A-Car Logo

Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Having problems with Enterprise Rent-A-Car?

+1 855 266 9289 (Car Rental Reservations)
+1 877 416 0000 (en Español)
+1 866 534 9270 (For users of TTY devices)
+1 855 266 9565 (Customer Service)
+1 800 307 6666 (Roadside Assistance)
+1 866 507 6222 (Loyalty Membership)
+1 866 225 4284 (Customers with Disabilities)
+1 877 881 5500 (Business Rentals)
+1 888 227 7253 (Car Sales)
+1 888 736 8287 (Truck Rental)
+1 877 233 5338 (Fleet Management)
+1 800 325 8838 (Maintenance Program Information)
600 Corporate Park Drive
Saint Louis, Florida

Complaints & Reviews

false damage claim

I rented a car June 3rd. Rental Agreement number 5Z07PS. I had the Enterprise representative inspect the vehicle on pickup for preexisting damage and it was inspected by the area manager Aaron Chambliss on delivery. There was absolutely no damage to the car that occurred under my possession of this vehicle. The car was checked in after being looked over and I was told everything looked good and there was nothing further required of me. I turned in keys to Aaron and then he called their branch Shuttle driver to come pick me up to give me ride to my final destination a couple miles up the road. I received on 6/13/19 by postal mail a notice of a damage claim that had been open up my Enterprise dated 6/6/19 Claim #[protected]. I immediately called the Damage Recovery Unit to tell them there is some mistake or understanding here and I had not damage the vehicle. They said there was reported damage to hood, roof, and windshield. I replied: telling them there was not when I had the car and that this is a mistake or fraudulent claim. They said they would note the claim. I then called both branches (pickup and drop off) and spoke to the branch manager Erin Kwaske of Angola IN and another representative of Grand Rapids, MI. Erin stated their branch had no record or recollection of any damage to the vehicle (even though your Damage Recovery Unit told me that the Angola IN branch was the branch that opened / filed the claim). The Grand Rapids representative told me he had no information or record of damage and that he would take to the area manager to see if he could get me any more information. I am very upset with what has transpired here, not to mention the time it has taken for me to dispute this bogus claim. I expect for someone to contact me with proof this claim has been closed and whoever opened it under my name to be reprimanded. I called back your Damage Recovery Unit and told them to the same effect of what has been communicated here. Adriana Extension 4720 of the Damage Recovery Unit told me the claim hold and I could ignore the claim letter where it stated I should contact my insurance company and/or credit card company to report this claim.

Jerry Long
2995 W 100 N
Angola, IN 46704
Ph: [protected]
Email: [protected]@sagperformance.com

Resolved rental/discrimination

I have rented for Enterprise for many years but on 5/21/2019. I called at 5:55 stating I was a minute away. I arrived at 5:56 - Approx. 6:00 they began locking the office doors and the lady asked for my license after 2 minutes asked me to follow her outside. Normally, I walk with the rep around the car look at the gas tank and the mileage to verify its accurate but this time she jumps in the driver seat, closes the door and locks it. She tells me from the window to walk around the car and do a walkthru so I do - she had me stand outside the car until she opens the door and came out. She hands me a handheld computer and tells me - the deposit amount and to sign the documents. I said before I sign the insurance is covered through our corporate account. She said yes its there - I sign the first time then she takes it to the next screen and says sign both places and make sure you don't steal the car (caught me off guard) I said "steal the car" she said yes - "others like you" think full coverage means to keep the car and don't return it since its covered… I said - You are saying - I will steal the car? She said - oh yes - that is part of our policy we have to tell you not to steal the car….. I said that's the first I have heard this since I have been renting from enterprise for over 20 years. She said now they want us to tell you not to steal the care and make sure you return it. - I said that is offensive - I cannot believe you are telling me this… She said yes I am just doing my job. I signed as fast as I could to get away from her - she took the computer and ran behind the building's back door (we were in the front)

I was so offended but asked some colleagues to see if they are being told the same thing - they all said NO NEVER - Not only am I OFFENDED - I am appalled!

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Jun 06, 2019

Appalled Forever, we appreciate it when customers tell us about their experiences. We would like to speak with you further about your experience. Please email [email protected] with your contact information, exact rental office location, rental contract information and the details above so we can address this promptly. Thank you. – Carol H.

Resolved unsafe car rented by enterprise in dublin.

I rented a VW Golf in Dublin from Enterprise. I left the lot and had driven less than 6km on when it started to run rough and smoke started to come from under the enginehood.
I pulled over immediately and called Enterprise right away. I had not put any fuel in the car and had sustained no external damage to the car. I went with the tow truck back to Enterprise. When I arrived they told me I must have damaged the car! They had not examined the car yet. They said they had no other cars to rent. I could find no other cars to rent on short notice. Thus encurred the loss of an expensive holiday deposit. I have received an email from Enterprise in USA saying I will soon get a bill ( no description of damage or cost.) If they I do not pay the amount in the bill within seven days they will launch legal proceedings.
I was put at risk by Enterprise renting an unsafe vehicle. I have experienced a financial loss because the vehilcle was NOT safe to drive.
I expect
- written appology
- reimbursement for my financial loss
- full reimbursement of all rental costs

I look forward to your response.

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Jun 06, 2019

Grant Seifred, we appreciate it when customers tell us about their experiences. I assure you that it's never our intention to inconvenience our valued customers. We would like to speak with you further. Please email [email protected] with your contact information, exact rental office location, rental contract information and the details above so we can address this. Thank you. – Carol H.

discriminatory customer service

I have never before experienced a national business that condones racist behavior by a branch manager. Not...

racist customer service

I was blatantly discriminated against at this location by the branch manager "Benjamin Paige" who refused to...

Resolved customer service + racism

I was discriminated against by branch manager Benjamin page in the Cassa grande Arizona enterprise Rent-A-Car location. I have never experienced such blatant racism in this day and age and I'm furious that someone is in any position is customer service. The level of discrimination that I believe I experienced would be enough to bring to a court of law if I was a litigating person. I am more interested in knowing that the people responsible for these behaviors have been reprimanded.

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Apr 24, 2019

D. George2019, please see my responses to your other posts. We'd like the chance to speak with you. Please email [email protected] with your contact information, the reservation number, the exact rental office location and any other details so we can review this promptly. Thank you. – Carol H.

D. G. 3019 Apr 30, 2019

I know the feeling of having racist remarks said to your face because of Ben Paige at the casa grande az Enterprise Rent A Car / thank Ben for the low rating enterprise !!!

• EnterpriseRent-A-Car Apr 30, 2019

@D. G. 3019 D. George2019NG, please see my responses to your other posts. We'd like the chance to speak with you. Please email [email protected] with your contact information, the reservation number, the exact rental office location and any other details so we can review this promptly. Thank you. – Carol H.

D. G. 3019 May 01, 2019

@EnterpriseRent-A-Car Your review consists of you taking steps to cover up the actions of someone who is employed by your company.

• EnterpriseRent-A-Car May 02, 2019

@D. G. 3019 D. George2019NG, we can assure you that we do not find this type of behavior acceptable, and we would like to address this with you directly. Please email [email protected] with your contact information, the reservation or rental agreement number, the exact rental office location and the full details so we can look into this promptly. Thank you. – Carol H.

D. G. 3019 May 02, 2019

@EnterpriseRent-A-Car I have already explained it and spoken to someone and I am sure that no one cares and that the branch manager in casa grande AZ ( B. Paige) will be allowed to continue with his discriminatory tactics. I can assure you that you don’t care what happened to me and that you only want me to be quiet about it. Not gonna happen

Resolved false damage claim

On Saturday March 23, I dropped my car off at Caliber Collision to be repaired. I requested that the insurance use Enterprise instead of Hertz because we have rented there in the past and they were great. I was brough a car by a girl from Enterprise the same day. We did the walk around and I took the car. The employee stated if I didn't like the car, I could get something else. From the minute I drove it, I knew it had been in some kind of accident. It was pulling hard to the right and the sensors were not working. I called the office the very next day to exchange it and I was told there were no cars in that price available and I could try back in a few days. My husband used the car to drive to and from work- less than 40 miles for the entire time we had it. Our car was ready early, so we dropped it at Caliber Collision on Friday afternoon March 29. They have an Enterprise satellite office and we were told we could just leave the keys. My deposit was refunded the same day the car was dropped off. I received a call from Matt on Tuesday April 2. He stated he was submitting a damage claim against me for "scratches to the roof". I adamantly denied any such scratches and asked why he was contacting me 4 days later. The car was never picked up from Caliber Collision until Monday April1 and it sat in their unsecured parking lot from Friday until Monday. Matt stated the scratches on the roof were noted on Monday afternoon. I recieved the first of 3 emails from Enterprise starting April 1 stating I would be contacted. The seconde email stated I had to submit an Incident report. I received a third email stating the same as the second to which I called and spoke to DRU on 4-8-19 to let them know the report and my statement was sent 3 days earlier. I was told to disregard the email and that I would be contacted in 2 weeks to let me know of your decision. I received an email from Mac on Wednesday April 17 and when I called him back I was sent to voicemail. My husband called Mac on Thursday and was told I owe $1100.00 for the damages and it was already repaired. Mac also stated that it was not just the roof, but they included scratches to the hood and trunk as well. I was NEVER even given a copy of my rental agreement, a copy of the report filed against me by Matt and a copy of the estimate of damages. It was repaired without even a consent or estimate to look at. Mac also stated he called and spoke to the guys at Caliber Collision where they have drop off and pick up service. I spoke to Matt the manager and Zach at Caliber and they stated they were never contacted by ANY representatives from Enterprise. They also told me that the written agreement between Enterprise and Caliber states that they are not allowed to store the rental cars in the secured parking lot where they have cameras in case that a car needs to be picked up by an employee of Enterprise after hours. The rental car in question was sitting in that car lot from Friday to Monday. it is a high traffic area in a public lot. I am extremely upset to be accused of damaging this car and disgusted at how it is being handled. I work as a nurse to advocate for patients but who is helping me?????

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Apr 24, 2019

triciabugnits124, we'd like the chance to turn this around. Please email [email protected] with your contact information, the claims, rental agreement or reservation number, the exact rental office location and any other details so we can research this promptly. Thank you. – Carol

Resolved chip in the windshield, above the rear view mirror

when checking in the car they noticed a chip in the windshield above the mirror... i wasn't aware of it and...

Resolved locksmith fee

This concerns Rental Agreement # 579436 on March 14, 2019 which started in Fort Lauderdale. When I wa...

Resolved claims department

On March 8, 2019, I received an email from my Geico abouta claim that was filed. I was confused. I called and...

Resolved rental car

I returned my rental car to the Waterloo, IA Enterprise location shortly after 12:45 P.M. on February 27th during normal business hours. The weather was clear and sunny, and it seemed to be a slower time of day as I saw several Enterprise employees standing in the lobby. I witnessed Enterprise representative, K, perform a complete 360 degree walk-around inspection of the Nissan Sentra I rented. After completing the inspection, K said everything checked the same as when the vehicle was rented out to me (on February 19th, 2019).

The rental agreement #4WTQPZ was closed on February 27, 2019 at 12:59 P.M. in front of myself and Enterprise representative K (inspector of returned vehicle), R (branch manager), and Enterprise drivers. No damage was acknowledged by any representative during checkout. Possession of Enterprise's Nissan Sentra was transferred to Enterprise driver, C, along with the keys for my returned vehicle.

The Enterprise driver, C, drove me to my home, approximately a 25 mile trip. He dropped me off at my home and drove the same Nissan Sentra back to the Waterloo Enterprise location. No damage was on the vehicle at this time and none was acknowledged by the Enterprise driver.

They sent me an email on March 2nd stating there was damage on the vehicle and to talk with my insurance. I am not sure what to do, since I didn't damage the vehicle and the Enterprise rep said everything was fine. I will definitely try to fight this however I can, though.
Other renters: find a different company to rent from and make sure to take before and after pics and maybe even video record your car inspections.

Enterprise damage claim #[protected]

_L. C. _,
    We’ve noted your comments and would like to have the opportunity to look into this for you. Please send us a detailed email to [email protected] include the exact rental location, your contact telephone number, your claims, rental agreement or reservation numbers and any further information regarding your experience with us.
    Carol H.

Resolved car rental upgrade scam

I have problem with Enterprise on Hollister, Goleta, CA. I ordered standard car, ticket 069420, thru and paid by Geico Insurance, Enterprise brought SUV without any notice, or bill for extra charge. A month later they billed my credit card $101.15. I called them they said it's for upgrade and will talk to manager but that's all. Bunch of con men.
I disputed it with credit card but no help.

car rental upgrade scam

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Mar 22, 2019

Roman N.,
    Social Monitoring

Resolved tolls

Hi I recieves two emails from enterprise that there was a toll violation.. Teice they took money out of my account without permission and there was no violations I pay cash every time I go to new york city I do it everyday. I emailed them and got no response. I am going to file a complaint with the attorney generals office bbb I only go thru the cash booth at the gw bridge from new jersey to new york. What they do is illegal

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Apr 24, 2019

Sabino Perks, please follow the instructions in the link here in order to appeal your toll charges. http://www.htallc.com/ehi/faq.htm
    If we can assist you further, please email [email protected] with the details, your contact information, the rental agreement or reservation number, the exact rental office location so we can research this promptly. Thank you. – Carol H.

Resolved enterprise west new york, nj

I am emailing you in regards to claim [protected] through Plymouth Rock. On 1/2/19 Owen Dietz, my Plymouth...

Resolved deposit refund

As of today I still have not received my deposit back ($250) it's been several weeks, since I returned the car. I did receive a letter stating I apparently had a toll road charge that I wasn't aware of, but that's like $15. By now I should have received the deposit less the toll free, but nothing. I will likely not use Enterprise again if this isn't resolved soon. I will also share my bad experience everywhere with everyone.

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Jan 18, 2019

Randy Bailey,
    We’ve noted your comments and would like the opportunity to look into this for you. Please send us a detailed email to [email protected] include the exact rental location, your contact telephone number, your claims, rental agreement or reservation numbers and any further information regarding your experience with us.
    Social Monitoring

Resolved car rental

We rented a car on 27-Nov-2018 at 8 pm from San Diego Enterprise PARKING LOT (very limited lights) and...

Resolved car rental hail damage incorrectly assessed and unfounded claims process initiated

RA# [protected]; I rented car from Enterprise while in Ohio visiting family for Christmas from 12/21 to 12/26...

Resolved billing for damage that is not responsibility; damage recovery unit for enterprise rental car

This is regarding the accident that took place on 10/25/2018 when a car rear ended us on the highway 75/85...

Resolved enterprise allowed someone to rent a car with my drivers license number when I was in another state!

On Christmas Eve I went to pick up my reserved Enterprise rental car in Chicago to drive and meet my family...

Resolved pompano beach north federal - abuse of position to harass and confrontational threats

This is enough. Very immature and misguided employees that use their position to retaliate and threaten. It'...