Menu
Enterprise Rent-A-Car
reviews & complaints

Enterprise Rent-A-Car
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

624 complaints
470 resolved 154 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claimed
This account has been claimed by Enterprise Rent-A-Car customer service / representatives through our verification process.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Enterprise Rent-A-Car. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
E
7:28 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I sent this letter to the Manchester Connecticut on March 25, 2022 and haven't heard anything back: Hello, I'm a blunt and to the point person. Your staff at the Enterprise at the Manchester CT was friendly and nice people during my latest and previous encounters but however it doesn't address my ongoing issues with your organization. My issue is the odor...

G
1:11 pm

Enterprise Rent-A-Car - Not getting car I reserved

I reserved a minivan on Jan 5,2022 for the week of March 11. When I went to pick up the vehicle, the only thing available was a 12 person van that got 14 miles to the gallon or a chevy equinox. The plans were to tracvel over 2000 miles so 14 miles to the gallon was not an option. The Equinox was to small causing us to leave items behind. This is the second time in a row that this has happened with Enterprise. I will not rent from you again..

Desired outcome: A refund would be great

R
6:26 pm

Enterprise Rent-A-Car - Incorrect order

From R. G. I ordered my car 3 days prior to pick up my pickup time was 12 p.m.3/18/22 I got there at 12 and my car was not ready they said it was coming out of Cape Coral I weigh there 30 minutes when they took me out to check the car. Was not the car that I order and they told me they didn't have anything else I was force to take a minivan I didn't have other choice if they were not to have the car I order all it takes is a phone call and let me know what's going on I didn't want to spend that much money in gas for that minivan I didn't have no choice just to take it and I was already 45 minutes late for my meeting this happened in3200 lee Blvd Lehigh Acres Florida office

S
4:28 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

The following is my complaint made over one month ago relating to a hire a month before that and STILL no repsonse nor refund that was promised De: simon hasdell Enviado el: viernes, 18 de febrero de 2022 9:27 Para: ES Facturacion Nacional Asunto: Feedback on Employee or Service E5C1 - MADRID Language Preference: English (United Kingdom) Brand...

View 0 more photos
R
9:02 pm

Enterprise Rent-A-Car - Rent a car

After this rental i will never rent a car from enterprise the cars are nasty and the in side is not clean the car that we got was nasty and it smell like marijuana I went out to the store and get some air freshener but it didn’t work. I called the company to let them know what was going on and they said they would not have any cars unit around 4 so they would call me back but no one ever did so i called them back and they would never pick the phone up and when they did they hung the phone up on me.

Desired outcome: They should have answer the phone and gave me another car.

7:57 am

Enterprise Rent-A-Car - Refund

So I return my vehicle to enterprise and the day I returned it the gentleman that helped me told me that I was gonna get my security deposit back and he will give me a even bigger discount if I gave them a good review which I told them I I'll gladly do that and then I guess he went and did it without the manager knowing and then the manager Found out and said no so now I'm not getting my security deposit back and I don't think that should be my Fault for there employee making the mistake And tell me one thing And then doing another thing

Desired outcome: My security deposit back

This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

November 12, 2021, I rented a 2020 Kia Sportage from the Bloomington, California Enterprise-Rent-A-Car. Initially, I was under a WALK UP RATE PLAN due to the circumstances of my unforeseen vehicle repairs. In short, I was given a cursory contract contingent on a tentative timeframe. Unfortunately, the repair services took much longer than anticipated. Upon...

V
6:15 am

Enterprise Rent-A-Car - Poor communication

I rented a car in Virginia Beach at a specific location to be picked up at 5:30pm. On my way to pick up my rental at 5:11 pm the agent called me to say he didnt have a car for me at that location but he called another location and I could pick up my car there. It was rush hour and on the other side of town. I called several times to let the other location know it would be impossible for me to get there by 5:50 pm. I got no answer. I arrived at 5:34pm and the doors were locked and no one was there. I missed my trip to Northern Va and the points I used to pay for the rental are still missing from my account as if I used them. The agent should have notified me way sooner than he did. I missed a very important event and left in tears.

Desired outcome: I would like my points put back on my account because I never used them. A free rental would be nice but not expected.

4:08 am

Enterprise Rent-A-Car - Poor Customer Service & Rental Road Assistance

*****This was not a vehicle accident. It was an organized crime as the SUV was targeted & damaged in the parking lot. The alarm did not turn on in the 2.5 hours I was there. to alert security*******

******************** CUSTOMER SERVICE is POOR*****************************

5. Enterprise internal operation, transportation, customer care, and policies are not in alignment with their marketing claims.

Enterprise sent an Uber to take me to the Burbank Airport to pick up another vehicle. Due to the poor service and service coordination. I wasted 5 hours of my valuable time with Enterprise Road Assistance and Regional Manager. It was 11 PM at the Burbank Airport and Enterprise requested an Uber to take me back home. I walked from the parking structure to Denny's. The manager at Denny's showed more human kindness and helped me. I paid for a Lift service to pick me up and take me home (I have not gotten reimbursed)

As a result of this incident, I was late in turning in my online homework and I was left without transportation.

Lastly, on Tuesday, I was told that someone was on the way to pick me up. No shuttle or ride came. On Wednesday I called Enterprise to report the insurance claim which I put on hold for 20 minutes.

Mercury and AAA should not send members to Enterprise.

Desired outcome: I need a letter of apology from that I can show my Instructor for the time I wasted. Also, a reimbursement for the amount I paid Lift.

Update by Catalina Sanchez
Mar 03, 2022 4:14 am

******************** CUSTOMER SERVICE is POOR*****************************

Enterprise sent an Uber to take me to the Burbank Airport to pick up another Enterprise vehicle. Due to the poor service and service coordination. I was stranded and I wasted 5 hours of my valuable time with Enterprise Road Assistance and Regional Manager. It was 11 PM at the Burbank Airport and Enterprise did not request an Uber to take me back home. I walked from the parking structure to Denny's. The manager at Denny's showed more human kindness and helped me. I paid for a Lift service to pick me up and take me home (I have not gotten reimbursed)

Lastly, on Tuesday, I was told that someone was on the way to pick me up. No shuttle or ride came. No one called to informed me. I called to follow up and I was ignored. On Wednesday I called Enterprise to report the insurance claim and I placed on hold for 20 minutes.

Mercury and AAA should not send members to Enterprise.

S
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

The worst customer service I have ever received. At 4:36pm I called (801) 886-0350 to book a one way vehicle to be picked up from Salt Lake City - I specifically said I am happy for any location in SLC where I was dropping off a recreational rental. In which I was then provided 404 S 300 W for a pick up at noon on Monday 28th. It was booked using the...

1:10 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On February 18th we rented a car from the enterprise location in Marseille, France (Saint Charles station). The car was inspected and we took photos as our own evidence of what condition the car was in when we took possession. Enzo Simonelli explained that we were not responsible for marks that could be removed with polish, and he showed us the paper that...

View 0 more photos
8:25 am

Enterprise Rent-A-Car - No rent list

I rented a car at South Bend airport at the end of September but began receiving notices for an unpaid rental in October. I spoke with the agent in South Bend and explained that it was a mid week rental and that I was not in town at the time. I thought it was just a clerical error, or somehow my payment for September was missed. They assured me all was well, and that they would note that I had not rented a car. I started receiving collection notices, which had a phone number that didnt answer and an invalid email address. Having spoken with customer service and being unable to speak with them, I consigned all future letters to the circular file. I subsequently have found myself on a no rent list for unpayment of a car I didnt rent. They instructed me to file a police report, which I have done. In doing so, I realized that the only way a car could leave the lot would have been by an employee using my drivers license info from the previous rental. Hopefully, this is simply a clerical mistake and not a fraudulent "phantom" rental for which I am now being penalized. I can supply police report info.

Desired outcome: Explanation, apology, clarification, and removal from list.

N
7:00 pm

Enterprise Rent-A-Car - Vehicle and customer service

I went and picked up my rental last Monday few days after that we got a flat tire I had them come to my work an trade me another car which I only had for a week now flat tire again and they won't do anything about it. So not havi g a vehicle cuz my trucks In the shop and I have to worry about being able to go to work an I have 2 little boys. The guy at the crawfordsville branch is really rude and didn't want to help us. Do t go to enterprise they suck and I'm gonna blast it all over Facebook an this town

Desired outcome: Got a car I can't drive

W
5:47 pm

Enterprise Rent-A-Car - Deposit return

I had a rental Car which was returned on the second of February, my bank account

Was closed on February 10th . Bank said deposit was returned to enterprise and still haven’t received anything . Trying to figure out what’s going on bank statement shows no deposit returned. So I’m trying to get help . The amount supposed to be returned is $163.56 . Enterprise location told me there is nothing owed on there end

Desired outcome: Send a check

10:27 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

To whom it may concern, On the 23rd December 2021 I collected a courtesy car from Enterprise Bedford due to another driver hitting my car. Firstly, I wasn’t too happy with the customer service as Enterprise called me 3 separate times on different dates asking for the same information. I was also told on every occasion that someone will contact me within...

D
11:39 pm
Enterprise Rent-A-Car has left an official reply on this complaint.

Enterprise Rent-A-Car - Deposit has not been returned.

My name is Dena Thomas and my contact info is 646-771-6300

I rented a car from 360 W. Road location in Valley Stream NY,

the date of the rental is 12/7/2021 - 01/07/2022 approximately.

upon returning the vehicle I was told by Shauntelle that I would see a credit of 319.55 immediately, a few days went by and still no refund so I went back into the branch and Shauntelle proceeded to show me where she reversed the charges. It is now February 8th, 2020 and I have not received my deposit back and I am being charged the amount of the deposit again. Brian and Shauntel assured me I would receive my deposit, clearly they have lied. All i want is my deposit back and for the branch to stop billing me for miscellaneous charges. I also noticed on my contract there is no mention of the deposit being refunded once the car is returned. I have the invoice given to me when i dropped the car showing the amount of the refund. Please resolve this.

i can be

Desired outcome: i'd like a refund of my deposit

A
3:22 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Called to ask what's required, since I am a debit card user. After reservation for January 31st 2022, and I MUST stress the importantance it was for me to be at my distinction. Told two bills in my name, driver's license and card to use. Agent arrived to pick me up... We go over the review. My two light bills. Oh now you need to see another utility bill...

4:46 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

So I needed a rental, and my insurance covered it since my car was going to be fixed. Well, when I went to enterprise they told me my insurance would cover 30$ a day up to 30 days. Cool, So I got the car that cost 16$ a day. I was all proud of myself for getting the cheaper car. The guy asked me if I wanted to add insurance, that since I got the...

M
5:57 am

Enterprise Rent-A-Car - Customer non-service

Like many others, I had a problem with Enterprise Rent-A-Car which I could not resolve with the rental site and filed a complaint here. I was asked by a Carol H., representing Enterprise, to send my information to [email protected] which I did. I never received any kind of response. I posted a follow-up and Carol H. suggested I could contact their "escalation team" with the following message word-for-word:

"Mike C., our email customer service team does their best to respond to customer concerns as quickly as possible and in the order they are received. If you still have not received a reply to your inquiry, please feel free to call our Escalations Team at [protected]. Kind regards. - Carol H."

Obviously, I cannot contact the escalation team if the contact info is "[protected]". The only thing I can conclude after this kind of "customer service" is that the last thing Enterprise cares about is the customer.

Desired outcome: Still want a full refund of the bogus parking ticket charged as well as the exorbitant add-on fee by Enterprise

Update by Mike.C
Feb 05, 2022 5:26 am

Carol H.,

Nope, nothing in my Spam Folder which bring us back to my being completely ignored by [email protected] I will visit your domain website, enterprise.com, as you suggest in the hopes that I'm not just going down another rabbit hole but, given the fact that I've received such poor customer service from Enterprise dating back to September of 2021, I'm not very optimistic. I will report back her the results, or lack thereof, of my continued efforts to have this issue addressed by your Escalations team.

Mike C.

Enterprise Rent-A-Car - "do not rent" list

My name is Reynaldo Gavile and I work for Labcorp.

I don't remember the exact date but I recently returned a car at your branch at 3581 Stevens Creek Blvd., San Jose, CA 95117 last December, 2021. It was the first time I encountered a lady in that branch (I'm use to dealing with just guys there especially, Angelo, the Filipino guy). She was talking to a customer while me and 2 other customers waited. After about 10 mins. I politely butted in and told her that previous Enterprise staffs just tell us to leave the returned key at the front desk. After she's done with that customer she went to my returned car inspected it and I left right away.

After 2 weeks I tried to rent again at Enterprise but was told that I'm now on the "Do Not Rent" list. I thought there was something wrong like miss payments between our company but I've learned that other Labcorp couriers are able to rent cars. It seems I'm being singled out. I tried calling at 866-215-5951 but they can't help me.

Desired outcome: May I request that I be removed from the "Do No Rent" list since I have'nt done anything with the car I rented. I got no complaints even from Fleet Response who handles our rentals.

Enterprise Rent-A-Car contacts