Having problems with Rentalcars.com?

Rentalcars.com Customer Service Contacts

+44 161 833 8179 (United Kingdom)
+353 16 859 227 (Ireland)
+1 646 813 0122 (United States)
+61 283 787 988 (Australia)
+64 99 710 635 (New Zealand)
+43 12 675 354 (Austria)
+32 23 133 754 (Belgium)
+45 32 710 085 (Denmark)
+31 202 623 924 (Netherlands)
+351 308 801 076 (Portugal)
+41 615 100 103 (Switzerland)
+852 800 933 007 (Hong Kong)
+60 326 306 344 (Malaysia)
+65 64 286 103 (Singapore)
+27 800 008 705 (South Africa)
+82 220 236 423 (South Korea)
+54 115 984 1138 (Argentina)
Floors 9-12, Sunlight House, Quay Street
Manchester, England, Greater Manchester
United Kingdom - M33JZ

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Rentalcars.com Customer Service. Initial Rentalcars.com complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Rentalcars.com above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Rentalcars.com. Discuss the issues you have had with Rentalcars.com and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

RentalCars.comlooking for a little compassion during a difficult time unethical behaviour

l made a booking #[protected] for a car with Alamo in Alicante, Spain. for pick up on December 22, at 12 noon. The total cost was 137.10euros charged to my credit card by Rentalcars.com. When I arrived, the agent advised me my driver's license was expired. It expired on my birthday December 2, 2020, 20 days ago. I was unable to rent the car. Alamo advised they were not able to refund me the money because I booked via a third party and to check with Rentalcars.com. I chatted with Lewis online, he was unable to provide a refund stating it was the policy of the company. I advised him it was an honest mistake, he advised that it happens all the time to a lot of people. It made me think, why doesn't Rentalcars.com require a driver's license to be added to the booking before confirming since it is a requirement, just like a credit card expiration date. But then I realized it is a win-win for them, they have the customer's money and the customer has nothing.

Sep 15, 2020

RentalCars.com — Car rental company closed when picking up car

I am writing to complain about an issue with Car Rental. I have already raised my issue within your...

Jun 29, 2020

RentalCars.com — Car rental

On 4/30/2020 I rented a toyota corolla from rental cars.com for 6/13/2020. The amount charged to our credit...

Jan 29, 2020

RentalCars.com — complaint

I rented a car online from Rentalcars.com (reference# [protected]). When I arrived at Orlando Airport on...

Jan 29, 2020

rentalcars.com trading name registered as TravelJigsaw Limited(Number: 05179829) — false advertisement online at rentalcars.com to promote cheap car rentals and cars never been or will be available for rentals

- 29th of Jan. 2020 morning 7.49am-9.30am Australia Sydney Airport - Booking Ref: [protected] - On the 25th of...

RentalCars.comcharge for return of car without a full tank, when it was full

We hired a Goldcar through you. Goldcar contract number [protected], client code [protected]. When we returned the car, the Goldcar attendant agreed the tank was full, but we were still charged for not having a full tank. I have been in contact with Goldcar customer services, who told me I must speak directly to their site in Catania (where we picked up and returned the car), however this was not possible as phone calls continually went through to their office in Spain. We have filed an incident with them online, but we do not have proof of having filled the tank. We have never had this kind of problem before, but this has made us very wary of booking through you in the future. Can you assist us. Regards, Marion Brown

RentalCars.comrental car

Dear recipient

I booked a Jaguar F-pace between the 31st of October until the 5th of November. According to the website the make and model should be guaranteed (see attached screen shot). I called to you and got this confirmed the day before pickup. However, at the arrival at Malaga airport I was provided with a Range Rover Evoque. A completely different car than I was promised.

In addition; the car was not cleaned properly, there was still garbage, stains and crumbles from some kind of food in the car. Furthermore, the right front of the car had been crashed. The damage from the crash had been solved by the use of sticky tape. Please see attached pictures.

All and all I an not pleased with my rental.

Best regards
      Joakim Fick

rental car
      rental car

Nov 05, 2019

RentalCars.com — total charge almost 100% increase in cost!

30october2019 Via Rentalcars.com we booked a "volkswagen polo or similar car" at Munich airport. Pick up in...

RentalCars.comdidn't get my refund

I booked a car through rentalcars.com for 4 days and paid AUD$222.43. I collected the car from Budget and completed my journey and retuned it back a day before. Budget advised, rentalcars.com owe me a refund of AUD$102.45 for returning the car back a day before. Budget has charged rentalcars.com AUD$119.98 only for three days as agreed by rentalcars.com. However, rentalcars.com does not want to refund. Following are their comments.

"As we are a third-party broker, we do not own any cars or have a fleet of our own. The companies we work with give us lower prices because we arrange so many rentals. Once we have covered our costs, we can still pass a saving on to you. On the final invoice there is a total deduction of 119.98 AUD, which is the amount that Budget charged Rentalcars.com (in additional to other possible charges) for your rental.

On 14/09/2019 at 08:11 am UK time you have booked your reservation online and agreed to a total price of AUD 222.43. Therefore, no refund is due. "

I have seen so many complaints and unhappy customers and still don't undestand why rentalcars.com is allowed to operate. Surely, there must be an Ombudsmon to review and slove these issues.

RentalCars.comcancelation

I rented a car on a Tuesday for a Friday and canceled within 24 hours on Wednesday. They billed me for the entire rental fee because they said I was within the 48 hours of cancelation.
          I spoke with a Hector Sanchez, manager (so he said) of Rentalcars.com, and told him I know I canceled within the 48 hour period and he refused to listen to my complaint and refused to let me speak with one of his managers.
          For an act of using renting a car via Rentalcars.com and canceling within 24 hours, it has cost me over $100. And then to be treated like that through their customers service was and is absurd.
          I will continue to take my complaint to their highest management for Rentalcars.com stealing my money.

RentalCars.comrefund

Good day,
            I rented a car for the 26 October 2019, i was advise when i arrived at First car rental in OR Tambo that the credit card had to be in my name, we then cancelled the booking and my partner made a new one.

Later in the day i received a call from to assist with the cancellation and was advise that i would get my refund within 27hours. I have been calling and making follow up and still havent received my refund.

This is highly unacceptable.

My ref: (3343556) I want my money back and will never do business with this service provider again.

RentalCars.comrental through thrifty

Placed aN order to rent for one day. Came to Thrifty counter the car was not ready and was asked to wait 10-15 min. After 15 min was asked to wait more time. Since I was already late for court appearance I voided the reservation. Thrifty refunded their part but rental cars refused under the execute that I had to call them within 24 hours. They kept my money despite didn't have to
              Pay Thrifty. No phone number to call on their invoice, nor condition of 24 hours cancellation. Reminding me a classic Nigerian scams.

RentalCars.comin dispute with total charges, awaiting refund. not getting any response from emails.

Booking ref [protected]

Paid £119.83 Rentalcars.com which included full insurance.
                We collected the hire car from Hertz Germany and when we received the final invoice we were charged additional items which were already included in the Rentalcars.com payment.
                We were also charged for vehicle upgrade. We never asked for this, nor were we told at the time this was an upgrade.
                I put a claim in with Rentalcars.com. It took a long time to get a response from them and had to chase them up. They finally got in touch after they got a reply from Hertz but was told the charges stand. I then got back in touch with Rental.com advising them this is unacceptable and we should get a refund from them or Hertz for the duplicate charges. I did not get a response and sent another email chasing this up. I'm still waiting for a response.

RentalCars.comcar hire

Dear Sir/ Madam,
                  I wish to make a complaint regarding a vehicle I hired from you. The details of the booking are: Booking reference no [protected]
                  Pick up - Sat 20/8/19 from Brindisi Airport
                  Drop off - Sat 24/8/19 at Bari Airport
                  I paid in full for this rental car some 6 months or more in advance. When I got to Brindisi airport to collect the vehicle on Saturday at around 11.30am, having spent a very long time queuing as the rental department was extremely busy, I was astounded to hear from one of your representatives that they had let the car go to someone else because I was not there to collect it between a certain time!!
                  This is absolutely unbelievable. I have never heard of this before in my many years of hiring vehicles abroad. We had flown into Brindisi the night before having been delayed by almost 2 hours hence the reason I was slightly delayed in getting back to the airport in the morning. I did not for one second think that you would let the vehicle that I paid the sum of £1, 126.53 for over 5 months ago (6/3/19), out to someone else. I was travelling with my wife, 2 children, my parents and my sister and her family who hired a vehicle through a different company. Never the less we needed two large vehicles between us whilst we were on holiday in Italy. I had paid for a ford c-max or similar and I was advised by rental cars that they were unable to provide this type of vehicle through Hertz but could find one with Budget, however, this would not be available until 3pm that day. I could not wait for this as my family were waiting for us and had checked out of the hotel. I therefore had no option than to cancel my booking with you and seek alternative car hire. Would you believe, as I cancelled via yourselves, I was stood at the Hertz desk and the rep there said he had a a suitable sized vehicle which I could rent directly with them! I was told by rental cars that there would be a cancellation fee of £150 and this would be deducted from the price I paid for the vehicle and the rest credited to my card. At the time I didn't have any alternative than to do this, even though this cancellation fee could have been avoided given Hertz did have a suitable car for me! I ended up renting a like for like car (renault scenic) from Hertz.

To date, however, have only received a refund of £830.13 credited to my card on 22 August 2019. I should have received the sum of £980.19 if you had processed the refund correctly.

However, my complaint is you did not make it clear to me that that you would let the car go if I was not there within a certain time, and also I would question whether it is even legal for you to let the vehicle go to someone else when I had paid in full for it well over 5 months earlier??? That is an absolute disgrace. Even if I didn't turn up for it at all, it should remain parked at your site for 2 weeks as I have paid for it. Why should you benefit twice? At the very least I would expect the full amount of the rental price to be refunded to me, i.e. we are still owed £296.40.
                  I await hearing from you.

Regards

Matthew Hammond

Dear Rentalcars,

I have rented car, pls see below invoice, but have been charge for this twice. See below details:

1st charge
                    Date: 24.06.2019
                    Amount: USD 110.53 (initial amount)
                    Charged by: Rentalcars.com Manchester (booked through booking.com)

2nd charge
                    Date: 19.08.2019
                    Amount: EUR 141.5 (see below invoice)
                    Charged by: Europcar MRST

Please return 1st charge amounting USD 110.53 asap, thanks.

car rental

RentalCars.comcar rental

I booked a rental car from Beirut Lebanon (airport). They refused to give me delivery as I did not hold what they classify as a valid credit card. I had booked with a Visa Debit which they debited in full.

When I asked for the order to be canceled they referred me back to the website which does not have an option to cancel. Until now no one has made an effort to discuss despite several Calls.

RentalCars.comCharged for a booking that was unfulfilled

My family and I were on our way back to the US from Paris. While at the airport I went through Rentalcars.com to book a car upon our arrival in New York. When we got to Thrifty after a long flight they said because we didn't have a European Driver's License they could not allow us to rent a car even though we had a valid US issued Driver's License along with a passport. This was NOT expressed to us in any of their Terms and Conditions. Even under Rentalcars.com Driving Licence section, it does not mention that the person renting a car has to have a particular licence issued through a particualr country. I believe this is a scam business and they could care less if you are conned out of your money. My belief has only been reinforced after reading the other numerous complaints supplied by other victims. I have never disputed a transaction on my credit card before until I have dealt with Rentalcars.com. I understand this is a fee for booking a car but you cannot claim the validity of a charge when the service you are supposed to be providing has been denied with all required documentation provided at time service is supposed to be supplied.

RentalCars.comgoldcar hire from edinburgh airport (edi)

After making reservation and paying Rentalcars.com in full I was charged an extra 163.80 pounds before I could collect the car. Goldcar reps could not explain the reason for this charge.

Could rentalcars.com please provide me with an email address where I can take up this issue. I tried their chat facility but it does not appear to work work.

Brian Leitch

RentalCars.comcannot cancel online

We triedto cancel our rental online but it keeps on giving us the error messages.I already called the actutal car rental (Enterprise in Lemon Grove and they cancelled the reservation). Since the main driver had to go to work, I tried to call the number I finally found (they do not let you contact on the phone. They hide the info) but they insist main driver must call to cancel this booking) but they insist cancellation can be done by calling (not online) by main driver. This is absurd as he is in the meeting and we book online so that we do not need to call to make or cancel bookings.
                            They knew I called twice - I say spend the manpower and money providing a legit better service. I feel I was ripped off and they will not refund us money.

RentalCars.comcar rental

Hi, I booked and paid for a rental car on 26/08/19 to collect the next day. I was due to attend court on 28/08/19 went to collect the car, but didn't realize you only accept credit cards only, they gave me an amount double than what I had already paid. So we came home with no car but still the payment was made. I would like to request a refund please as I did not use your services ? Also am I able to find you on twitter or Instagram? as I've heard many customers are facing this problem as the gentleman in Green motion highlighted. My reference is [protected]
                              Email address is [protected]@yahoo.com