Complaints & Reviews

Resolved made me hate my job

I currently work for a CVS company. I used to love my job. However, what I have discovered is that employees are forced to tear off the 1-800 numbers that print out on customers receipts and call them in in order to achieve a great Triple SSS score at the end of each month. Our photo lab sucks. The machine is 25 years old and breaksdown weekly. On top of that whenever you have a problem with the store manager, in our district, there isn't anyone to turn to for help because they are all men and cover up for one another. Including faxing confidential emails to each other that were meant for their eyes only. I hate my job now, but I love the customers. I have even applied at a local Wal-Mart due to the stress from working at CVS. I do agree with the pharmacy tech. I have seen them yelled out and more than that over various issues to which the tech has no control over.

• Tb
    t-bone smitty Feb 10, 2010

Men, with their secret societies and e-mail clubs. They're as bad as women, with their gossip circles and hen-pecking sessions, bring down all those that don't adhere to their idea of a perfect world. And animals, don't get me started with the animals

cvs emplyee Mar 20, 2010

All managers call the SSS number themselves. It should be counted as some sort of fraud since they are technically contest entry forms. If an employee calls the number instead of the intended customer doesn't change the odds?

• At
    At Odds Apr 13, 2010

I also work for CVS and was there when it was still owned by OSCO. Like you, I used to like my job. But now, they have cut back our hours so much that our store looks horrible all the time and we don't have enough time to get all of our work done. Our store isn't a 24 hr. store and after 8:00 there are only two people in the front end - a supervisor and a cashier. There are just so many things you can do at once. Also, like you, I love my customers. I've been at my store for almost 5 years and enjoy seeing the faces that I've come to know. Customer service isn't a problem with me. We can't keep good help because CVS won't pay a decent wage. What has gotten me on my soapbox is this statement I read yesterday in the finance section of Yahoo -

NEW YORK (AP) -- In a story March 18 about CVS Caremark Corp. The Associated Press erroneously reported the compensation received by CEO Tom Ryan. He received compensation valued at $16.2 million, not $14.4 million, and the value of his stock and options awards on the dates they were granted was $11.1 million, not $9.3 million.

This man alone, makes millions of dollars a year. We are overworked, underpaid and for what? To line these people's pockets? And on top of that, they make so much money off of their own employees. Remember I said that I worked for OSCO? Well, our employee discount in OSCO days for store brands was either 13% over cost if you paid cash and 18% if you put it on a credit card so I have a very good idea what the store brand OTC drugs cost. What discount do we get now - 20% on name brands and 30% on store brands. That is a major difference, it might not sound like it, but it is.

I really like my job, I don't like working for CVS though. But what do you do? There is nothing to do, either find a job elsewhere or find a complaint board like this one! Sorry for the tirade - but I feel better now :)

• In
    Insanity10 Apr 17, 2011

Five years ago, CVS was a great company to work for. The hours exsisted, and the productive work enviornment also had an element of fun. Now I work for a company who somehow manages to survive on coupons. If you have never looked at the facebook page for CVS, it is essentially a catalyst of coupon hell. Why have a price checker like every other profitable retailer, when you can make it print coupons too? It's another money maker that we are forced to entertain. Cvs has to show that not only do people use that stupid thing, but they also redeem the coupons. Decrease the available hours by around 1/2 over the last 5 years, and increase the transaction time 3 fold due to coupons. The reason every cvs employee hates the coupon binders is because the whole store has to stop working to become cashiers when you see these people. As if the hemorage from coupons wasn't enough, I should discuss signs. Price cuts, Threshold, Weekly, Monthly, Compare & Save, White Recall signs... SERIOUSLY?! I can't tell you any other place that I have seen such an inornate structure of pricing. This whole Pricing/Signing seems to be to combat the rampid coupon abuse that cvs suffers. It also has left every item in the store on some kind of sale, leaving me (the employee) without a discount. When you work 5 hours cashiering & cleaning, and stocking, and all that other cvs stuff, a discount is something that you really feel owed. When you find out that discount is not happening because you have to buy 3 of the item @ 2.99 each to save a whoping .11 cents per, it makes you resinate with a stress that just shouldn't exsist. Finally I have to touch on the dreaded word, "Corprate". This word is essentially a viable threat, used by unapproving customers, when they find that the employee, in an effort to do his/her job will not allow the refund/coupon/raincheck. What should be an asset to the employee, has become sort of a demonic plague against stores instead. I actually don't fear the corprate phone calls. That said, the customers who call and are awarded $20-$50.00 Gift cards, rewarding fraudulent, unruly, or childish behavior, usually makes the hemorages that I get from the other issues explode. At the end of the day, the underpaid, under appreciated cvs employee is beat down, written up, and still needs a drink they will pay full price for. The customer who had a coupon for something they didn't buy, and wanted a raincheck for something in stock, and needed a refund for something they wrote a check for yesterday, will win. The 4% raise I no longer get appears to fund the hell that i show up to work for. I will be much happier when I leave CVS/pharmacy. I also would never recomend it to anyone as a place to work.
    -Ajp-

Resolved company, that do not care

I am an AT&T retiree and I carry my mother as a class II dependent on my insurance and Caremark is the pharmarcy AT&T has chosen for drug coverage. Recently (1/1/09)Medicare signed my mother up for AARP Medicare RX plan, without our knowledge. When we tried to get medication for her, Caremark denied her medications, because they said Caremark had to be the primary insurance company. My mother is an 80 year old, insulin dependent diabetic, who takes narcotics for permenant nerve damage due to shingles. Caremark did not bother to inform us that they were rejecting the prescriptions and I would not have known that my mother's prescriptions were being rejected by Caremark if I had not tried to get the cost of her next 90 days of medications online. I could not get the cost and could not order medications online and I was getting a message that she was no longer covered. My mother had also mailed in 2 new prescriptions on 2/8/09. On 2/11/09 I received a voice mail from Caremark that they were mailing my mother's prescriptions that they received in the mail, back to her because one prescription was eligible (I would have thought they would have called the doctor instead) and they were returning the other because she was enrolled in the AARP Medicare RX plan and Caremark had to be primary. I contacted United Healthcare, Medicare, AARP Medicare and AT&T and found out what happened to cause Caremark to become a secondary insurance and everything was expedited by AT&T, Medicare and AARP and my mother was disenrolled from The AARP Medicare RX plan and the information was sent to Caremark by 2/14/09. I called and emailed Caremark daily and sometimes several times a day to find out when I could order medications for my mother. Caremark did not respond. I asked daily when could I order medications for my mother and when could she expect to receive the prescriptions that Caremark returned by mail. I finally called and got an AT&T United Healthcare representative and Caremark on the phone and it was then that Caremark agreed to contact my mother's doctor so she could get her pain medications processed. Caremark said they would make 2 attempts to reach the doctor and call me back in 5 days with a status. I am livid! My mother has been without pain medication since 2/7/09 and I received an email from Caremark last night(first time they have responded to any of my inquiries)that said my mother should receive her prescriptions that they sent back to her via mail in 30 days.

Something needs to be done about the processes and when prescriptions are denied, an immediate notification should be sent. ALso the online system should be updated at least within 24 hours to refelct the current status. Also, when a customer requests to be contacted by phone, a PHONE call should be made and not an email form letter sent.

Also I question the motives and integrity of Caremark. Caremark denied that they rejected my mother's prescriptions due to the AARP Medicare RX plan being in place. They accused me of having cancelled the prescriptions. They proceeded to try to process all my mother's prescriptions to cover their tracks.

• Sh
    Shaun.A Nov 18, 2010

You really think someone's going to take the time to read all your garbage?

Resolved rude customer

I was shopping at CVS during the afternoon on a weekday.

I was viewing some items when an older caucasian woman, approximately 60-65 years old, chemically dyed dark blonde/red toned hair, dressed in casual business attire came into the same aisle as I.

I am assuming that she said Excuse Me more than once.

How do I know?

I sensed that someone was near so I then looked behind me. There she stood with a look on her face that she was not happy. Of course, I then moved closer to the items I was looking at.

I happened to look at her as she turned the corner to her right. I could see the side of her right face, her lips were pursed and she was shaking her head back and forth from left to right/right to left.

I wanted to go walk towards her and advise her that I was not purposely being rude to her but, in fact, am profounded hearing impaired so I was not able to hear her. I only sensed her and that made me turn around.

Because I am not a senior citizen (as I am assuming she is or very close to it) and well under 65 years of age, most people generally assume that I am being rude, an airhead or dingy, etc. It never occurs to them that there may be other reasons why people like me don't immediately respond to their verbal statements.

To the woman in the store: I'm sure when you become disabled, you will fare worse.

matlock1981 Nov 16, 2011

You should of followed her and yelled at her "what the hell is your problem!!!" If she is rude to you to begin with...in my opinion you have no choice but to be rude right back! Fight fire with fire!!

Resolved misfilled prescription

A prescription for a combination drug, Micardis 80 / HCT 25, was filled with plain Micardis 80 (without the HCT).
The prescription was for 90 days and they only had 3. They issued the 3 and said come back tomorrow for the other 87. When I got home, I found it was the plain Micardis. I called and he said that whoever entered it "didn't see the HCT 25" and that they had a full supply of the combo drug and to come back and pick it up.
I had looked at the prescription and it was clearly written Micardis 80 / HCT 25. It was an extremely careless person who "didn't see" the HCT 25.

ConnorsMommy Feb 03, 2010

make sure that the pharmacist you spoke with FILLS OUT A REPORT about this error. ALL PHARMACIES are required to keep a record of such errors.

If you can't be assured that a report is filed, make sure you speak with a district manager. Demand it.

Resolved creates a bad environment to work in

Cvs creates a bad environment to work in. They truly do not care about the people who work for them. If you have a sick child at home and have to leave-too bad. If you are not a pharmacist you are just a piece of sh... To them. I used to go shopping at cvs all the time before I started to work there part time but not anymore. They treat us employees so badly that they are missing out on some of the best customers ever. Us employees. The prices are just outrages in the front store and yes, I still work there but I do not give a crap anymore. I feel badly for the people who need the job to survive. Thank goodness I do not. By the way, I am going shopping at walgreens now because I am being appreciated as a customer. Cvs sucks!!!

cvs emplyee Mar 20, 2010

CVS does not provide for breaks or lunches for pharmacy staff. They will let you take it if you make a loud enough noise, but then the pharmacy is behind because you left for 30 minutes. They absolutely do not have enough help. They do not train their "techs" and expect them to do a job that is as important as mix medicines and count pills. CVS pharmacies are NOT safe.

• Wa
    waterfayds Aug 08, 2010

OMG! CVS Sucks so bad that I am a 38 year old mother of two who just used OMG. You would think I would have learned my lesson after the last three unbelievable experiences that I have had there. Unfortunately I felt obligated to try yet another CVS to spend the $50.00 gift card that I received two horrible experiences ago. I did not get to use it the last time I was there because after being called a lier by the pharmacy manager over and over again as she insisted that she took the scripts from me herself and preceded to count them on her three fingers over and over again, " Stating we do not have a script for June that she could not create something from thin air that I never gave her to start with. The astonishing part was that I had the reverse argument last month with another pharmacist that told me that she could not fill my script before June 24 because she did not have a script for May. Unfortunately I have a cancer that has caused tremendous damage to my spine and have to take some Expensive drugs that the Pharmacy will not order without a script and the law will not allow refills I must turn in a separate piece of paper. So My Doc gives me three at a time. If I do not give them CVS in advance they will not order the drug and if I wait I will run out and it can take a week or so before I can walk. Big catch 22 for me because I can't seem to find a CVS that can keep up with them and they may not be faxed or phoned in. Well, I always start the argument a day or to before. I gave you Three in April. No MS. all I have is June nothing for May Yada yada, needless to say a day or two later it miraculously appears only after I take a trip to what ever CVS and make them look. Usually in alot of pain The gift card was not to make up for any bad experiences but for coupons I had. This last fight was a big one because once I called for a refill and they old me for the 4th time that They only see where I picked it up in May. I asked her to check in the used folder since in May all they had was, June and the pharmacist replied, " this is not my first rodeo.". So of course I have to make the monthly trip to the CVS. Doesn't matter which one because I have been taking meds for over a year and they have yet to keep up with them at 4 different CVS at this point. CVS is the only place that will break a box as they come 28 in a box and i need 180. So she proceeds to tell me that I'm lying and she took them herself and not only did I not give it to her but that I could not have had this same problem last month because Someone filled May. Yes after a four hour stand off she finds it. That girl no longer works there of coarse so this is like my 4th fight with this same CVS. She says I'm lying and she can't pull it out of thin air since she took them herself and remembers like it was yesterday. I was guilty at this point of calling her stupid she then explained to me that the nine years of collage she went through made her smart enough to keep up with a piece of paper. Told me to sit in the chair like a 4 year old and when I asked her to call my DR. she said she would not be responsible for me losing my script. Well it had been over an hour at this point and I go to the front to get a phone book. When OOPsie Guess What? Yep she found it the best part was it was in the first place I told rodeo girl to look. She does not apologize She smugly stats that everyone makes mistakes and I said but not everyone calls the customer a lier and counts over and over on there fingers one, two, one two, No June. I then reply that it seems that it seems that her nine years of school was a waste and did not make her any-less stupid. I do realize that that was immature on my part but this as the 4 time at this CVS. Well I ask it for it back and she freaks, well I already ordered $30, 000 worth of the drug just or you, which again not my finest hour told her she could stick it up her well u know. At that point she threatens to call the police and I reminded her that I did not say I was going to stick them but she could and I would be happy to tell the police how stupid you are. Needless to say I did not use my gift card. You would think it could not get any worse so tonight I went to buy some cosmetics as kinda of a hobby since I went from working 70 hours a week to disabled. I walked in at 9:30 and they have two carts full of clearance stuff. FUN so I start digging and grab a ton of stuff about 9:45 this guys walks up to me and says are you finding everything OK, which I replied yes and that I realize that you close soon and I will try to hurry well i get some markers for 2 year old and some request for my 14 year old and then go to the make-up area with my list. He had been following me around for the last five minutes and reminds me that they close in two minutes. Well I worked in the hospitality restaurant business for over twenty years and when we close at ten does not mean we lock the door at nine and let people dine till 10. They are welcome to enter the establishment until ten to do business. I have waited from 10 till 2:30 hundreds of times for those last late diners and treat them with the same pleasant demeanor that I would if they would have come in at 7:00. Especially now people should be happy they have a job. Anyway I had no intention of staying late but five more minutes with out following me would allowed me to check out the his and hers but I relinquished my quest for personal items and was herded to the register at like 10:06. I then let the girl know because I was being tag teamed at this point that I tried to get things that were priced but the bargain bin was quite disheveled. I was careful to watch the ringing up of items as the mark downs were huge. Well the colors or things without a sticker rang up at full price of coarse and I pointed it out and he said well that is what it is then, while he had to punch in the prices for the other items which all rang up as taxable item. Well he said these are full price so I turned around and grabbed a big handful of them from the bargain basket and started looking for prices well he got mad at this point and went to the back to look like I was trying to get something over on him. Wouldn't u know it all the unmarked items I had were in fact discontinued and were $1.25 while he was trying to charge me $8.99. I had about 40 items or so and had to let a few bargains get away since he refuse to investigate and did not even give me the items that were on sale for buy one get one 1/2 off. Anyway it came to like $147.00 not a bad sale in this climate on unnecessary junk. Well I gave him my gift card and surprise $0 Balance two CVS idiots ago did not put any money on my gift card which I asked my husband about as I normally get two $25 each with two coupons. He said the girl said she put it on the same one. So he calls and it would seem that some how I had a new gift card that has never been used and had a $0 balance(GO CVS!) Now its like 10:15 and he is trowing things around IM so rushed I'm dropping things looking for my credit card and when I finally get out the door is cracked open about two feet they meet in the middle. The girl follows me to the door and has I exit I'm fumbling for keys and there was a loud nose like a gun shot. I jumped like two feet dropped all my crap broke my keys! I looked down I thought I was shot! When I turn around It was the girl she slammed the door so hard I almost had a heart attack. I'm in tears with pain trying to bend over and collect all my stuff from my purse and my bags. My keys fell apart and I was scared to death in a pitch black parking lot trying to collect all my stuff. Me and Bluecross spent over $100, 000 on scripts last year me only like $2, 500 but still and the kicker my receipt has like $17.00 in Bonus bucks on it. I am truly scared to ever go back to any CVS any where I am so thankful my local Harris Teeter agreed to manage my medication for me. Where do they get these people. I truly am worried for my children when this is what people have become. A product of taking God out of the schools and parents letting their children run wild. I am not proud that the pharmacist at CVS have driven me to the point where I even called the girl stupid that should never happen and I apologize to society for adding to the problem but enough is enough CVS SUCKS. Ohh one last bit from the past incident when I walked out the regional manager called me at home and said that they have had a huge problem losing scripts and that they would like me to know that they are working on a new computer system to help with this problem. I guess the days of filing things in alphabetical order went the way of the egyptians. People wonder what happened to them when they were so far ahead I guess CVS moved in and started training employees and stupid spread like wild fire. SQUARE PEG ROUND HOLE! SQAURE PEG ROUND HOLE! Concord NC

NOYB2012 Dec 15, 2011

You sound like a nut case. Obviously, your 3 prescriptions that you are yakking about are narcotics. Don't be stupid and turn over all of your 3 narcotic scripts at once. Just give them each month when you need them. I am a pharmacist, and I can't stand when you nutcases go crazy over your Oxycontin. The law is strict about those types of meds so you have to be kind and courteous to whoever pharmacist you are dealing with b/c most of us pharmacists think your type of customers are just plain hooked. If you make it difficult or cause a scene, then the more we don't want to deal with your type and tell you we don't have it nor can we get it in. Those with long term narcotic scripts should choose one pharmacy and get to know the pharmacists on a name basis so they can trust you and give you good service.

Resolved inappropriate treatment of customers

Are you aware of the unprofessionalism of the pharmacists working at the 1320 Maple Avenue store located in...

Resolved $25. gift card

In the mail I received two promotional gift cards worth $25. each. It says "with any new or transferred prescription".
I just placed 3 new prescriptions through your pharmacy and asked to have them go through mail order. I was told these coupons do not apply to mail order. Yet, this is not indicated anywhere on your leaflet. What a rip-off. A new prescription is a new prescription whether it be mail order or filled at your pharmacy.

ConnorsMommy Jan 27, 2010

read the fine print, accept the consequences. Money ain't free and you're not entitled to jack.

EducatedConsumer Feb 22, 2010

Another constructive comment by ConnorsMommy.

ConnorsMommy Feb 23, 2010

it's the internets... awww, is educated consumer mad? LOL

• De
    deedle11 Feb 28, 2011

I agree, if the gift card doesn't say on it to be used in the store only, then it should be good through the mail...It shouldn't make a difference to CVS how you use it, they are going to get your business...Stupid people...Cvs Sucks...

Resolved non notification of out of stock drugs

Chino CVS Pharmacy policy to notify patient of out of stock

meds. Excuse of Pharmacist: We make mistakes and someone

did not count inventory and reorder. They did not notify

patient. This is the third time in 8 months OUT OF STOCK.

These are life saving drugs. No excuse. What a terrible

way to treat a cardiac patient. I am pissed. Have complained

to CVS and they do not respond to the complaint from Corporate.Most of the drugs I think are filled by students and not the pharmasists. I have been shorted pills before and have had to count them right on the pharmacy counter.

• W1
    w1ndows_v1rus Jan 31, 2010

The most common reason we are out of stock is because the drug is on back order. We get the medication from the warehouse and if the warehouse does not have it and can't get it for any reason, then there is no way for us to get it. We have had promises that we would get it by the end of one month, but we don't get it for another 6 months. Believe me, I understand you. I'm sure there are other CVS stores you can bring your script to, or just take it to another pharmacy. I've been screamed at plenty of times over this. I honestly can't do squat about it, I just check people out at the register. I've had some people who had life threatening conditions who just wanted to scream and yell about it, even when we offer to call ANY other place, Walgreens and other CVS, but they will just say forget it. We bend over backwards for everyone!

Resolved will not fill doctors prescription

I have Cluster headaches. My Neurologist wrote a presciption for Imitrex injections. Careless, I mean caremark-CVS would only fill 2 shots per month. When I called to ask why the rep told me it was a controlled substance and it was not due to the high cost. I told my doctor and he said the were lying that it is not a controlled substance.I guess they make more money from the companies that hire them(AT&T) if they don't fill the expensive prescriptions!

ConnorsMommy Jan 27, 2010

UM, blame your insurance, not your pharmacy.

Your pharmacy dictates the quantity that can be filled for any given time period.
    STOP whining about your pharmacy and get on the phone about your insurance.
    If your doctor contacts your insurance, you can get him or her to ask so you can get MORE than 2 at at a time.

You're welcome.

EducatedConsumer Feb 22, 2010

ConnorsMommy... try finding out that CAREMARK/CVS IS an INSURANCE COMPANY, you pompous idiot.

EducatedConsumer Feb 22, 2010

tnpowerman, take a look at these:

Only a few of the complaints against the Caremark/CVS Insurance company.

I too work for AT&T and am dealing with this fraudulent insurance company. They are trying to talk my doctor into prescribing something other than Celebrex. I've been on this medication for 6 years and it works with no side effects. I overheard my doctor talking with them to authorize the prescription refill. I could hear him telling them no to a multitude of different drugs they wanted to prescribe instead of what he, my treating physician, is prescribing. Being that Celebrex costs $148.50 for 30 pills of 200mg, cost just might be a factor. There is no generic for it either.

When I said something to the Caremark representative about being out of my medication for 11 days she suggested I go and get a few days supply to hold me over, of course without being covered by insurance. Considering the AT&T Disability Insurance folks are arguing about my disability (cervical spinal stenosis, osteoarthritis resulting in numb hands and extreme pain in shoulders and both arms) and it is sitting in an appeal at the moment, I haven't got the money for a few days supply to then have to pay another copay if they approve of it. Not to mention I had to pay $300 for a cervical MRI out of my pocket due to Cigna denying it until I had 6 weeks of physical therapy which I could not tolerate for more than 3 weeks. Without the MRI diagnosis, no chance of disability pay. See the vicious tight greedy hands all washing one another?

Great benefits, until you need to use them.

Welcome to the United Corporations Of America.

ConnorsMommy Feb 23, 2010

Educated Consumer likes to defend those who can't seem to figure things out for themselves.

Oh, btw... this general listing is for 'drugstores'.

NOT 'insurance companies', you illiterate ###.

• Ao
    aolivera Aug 15, 2011

There is one factor that I don't think most people understand about insurance. If you have a prescription drug plan through your employer, you EMPLOYER designs your plan, NOT the insurance company.When you call Aetna, CVSCAREMARK, MEDCO, WHI, they are only doing what the employer has advised based on the way the coverage is designed by the employer. Believe it or not, there are prescriptions drug plans that do not have quantity limitations, day supply limits, step therapy or prior authorization. To that end, it is not fair to yell or blame the pharmacy or the customer service representative. TALK TO THE EMPLOYER they are one that dictate your plan coverage.

Resolved medicare fraud

Yes, I would like to put in a complaint about the CVS Pharmacy Store 1614 located at 651 Carey Ave...

Resolved pharmacy and employee ignorance

I have been having serious conflicts with this CVS with my prescriptions, but tonight was the last straw! I...

New Egypt Pharmacies

Resolved rudeness

We have been dealing with CVS for many years. However, there have been times when one of the managers is plain out rude. He has an upity attitude. We continue to do business there since it is more convenient to our home. Things have been better since I can call and order prescriptions over the phone and don't have to deal with this particular manager as much. However, today I called in to ask a question and got a woman named Cathy. She was very rude, she kept talking over top of me and wouldn't let me get a word in. I was trying to tell her that we still had some of the medicine left but was just had a question about the number of days before refill on this particular medicine. She made out like I was trying to have the medicine refilled now, and she went on and on as to why that couldn't happen and added that the medicine should last twice as long than we are able to have it refilled in the first place. This same women, whom I believe is relatively new there, or at least I have only had dealings with her in the last several months, is always rude to me and has an attitude. I don't know if she is just doing that to me for some reason or if she does it to others. I just know I am very tired of it. It is very upsetting, and it won't do any good to talk to "management". I think it is ashame that we spend hundred's of dollars at this pharmacy per month and have to put up with this sort of behavior.

• Ro
    rowsdowah May 30, 2010

If you don't think it would do any good to complain to the manager, I would say call 1-800-shop-cvs... which will definitely get results! They tell employees not to give customers that number because it goes through the top and filters to the bottom.. which means their pharmacy supervisor (of the district) and EVERY OTHER supervisor will know of it! I am employed by CVS but that kind of behavior from Cathy is ridiculous! Good luck!

• De
    DevonMarlin Henderson Nov 29, 2010

I just read " a dozen ways to lose customers"(copyright2004-2010 CVS Caremark) and these apply#6 "surly employees", #8"Poor response", #9"Not listening".#11-"Arrogance" -"Treating the customer as an idiot!"My 74 year old friend and I arrived to pick up his recent prescription at 10am-November28th, 2010 and the pharmacy was not open.The security grates were all closed and two women were waiting for service-they were together.Ten minutes later the pharmacy was open and my friend Donald Holmes was waiting in line six feet or so behind the woman picking up her prescription> after waiting at least 15 more minutes patiently in line my friend was told-rudely to stand further back by the pharmacist.I was sitting on a chair watching and hearing this>I asked" what did he say to you?" to my friend and the man said loudly and arrogantly that "I am only enforcing the Law"Now I ask "What Law?"We are in this pharmacy once a month(since 2009) and this was news to us!If there is such a law then a line should be on the floor where you stand behind it and/or signs posted to this effect!I complained to the Wonderfully pleasant Manager-Hillary Lucky about the rudeness of this employee and he said he would take care of it!I am writing this email to alert you to the bad behavior and unhappiness that permeates the back of this CVS store from almost every employee that works at the pharmacy.Also, I have complained about this on the phone surveys twice before!I do not understand why they are so miserable there but they are and I and my friend are tired of it>The front of the store has wonderful employees(Leslie, Mogali, Clare, Melody, Marie and of course Hillary Lucky!) that go out of their way to be nice but the pharmacy is another world altogether-Why?I think it is important to not reward "bad behavior" and i am encouraging my friend to try Walgreens' Pharmacy !I certainly would not give my money to employees such as these!sincerely Devon Marlin Henderson

Resolved simply awful

I had a prescription for Duragesic and one for Norco (written 10/18). I knew the Duragesic script was good for only 7 days, but I'd been sick, so I took it in on the last day (10/25). I called them before I took it, confirming that it was still good (and I knew it was still good from previous experiences at other pharmacies). I also checked at that time to make sure it was in stock, and both questions were confirmed. I went in about 2pm (10/25)and gave the scripts to the pharmacist, pointing out that it was the 7th day for the Duragesic. He double checked the script date and the current day's date and told me I was still good. I told him I didn't feel well and wouldn't wait, but that I'd be in a few days to get it. He said that was fine as long as I turned it in THAT DAY. I didn't get back to the store until 6 days later (although I'd called a couple of days before to tell them that I would be in and to not cancel the script; they said "no problem)." When I went there on 10/31 to get the meds, they gave me the Norco, but they said the Duragesic couldn't be filled because it was "out-of-date." I explained all to them AGAIN, and this pharmacist (a different one) said it was filled (attempted) on 10/27, so that must be when I brought it in. I asked when the NORCO was filled, and they checked that it had been filled on 10/26. I questioned that if both had been written on the same date, WHY would I bring the Norco in earlier than the Duragesic, which was obviously expiring? She saw the reasoning, and admitted the pharmacy had made a mistake. She said there was nothing they could do, since there was NO RECORD OF WHEN I BROUGHT THE PRESCRIPTION IN!!! ALTHOUGH I HAD STRESSED THE IMPORTANCE OF THAT. Damage Resulting = I was laid off from my job on 10/10, and I've been ill (pain) for months. My health insurance EXPIRED on 10/31, so CVS made it impossible for me to get this prescription without paying the full price (which is $500+). I wrote to their online email TWICE, but I've received no response. This experience has so exaggerated my depression that I barely feel like even pursuring it. I'm no emotionally sick, as well as physically in a lot of pain, and I desperately need the Duragesic. This particular CVS has messed up two other prescriptions of mine, although never this seriously. I should have known to NOT go to them, but I was in so much pain, I wasn't thinking, and they're so convenient to my house. I never expected them to CONTINUE messing up. I kept thinking that they're a reputable store and that I shouldn't have to second guess everything they do. I'm lost without this prescription and so sick about it because I'm 62 years old with no job, no money at all and no health insurance. I was counting on this prescription to get me through until I could pursue assistance from other sources. Now I don't know what I'll do. The pain is too much without the prescription for me to do anything. I have other financial problems because of this illness, and this experience with CVS has put me over the edge. I'm so depresded and in pain.

• Yo
    YOUSUCKVERYMUCH Mar 16, 2010

CVS HAS THE MOST RUDESSEST AND DISRISPECTFUL TECH EVER! I HAVE BEEN TAKING MY SONS PRESCRIPTIONS TO THEM FOR THE PAST 2 YEARS AND EVERY TIME I GO TO DROP OFF A NEW PRESCRIPTION THEY ALWAYS TELL ME THE SAME STORY." oH SORRY WE DONT HAVE YOUR SON MEDICAID NUMBER, OR HE DOESNT HAVE INSURANCE". I HATE GOING THERE . I SWEAR I M GOING TO WALGREENS. THEY HAVE 100 PERCENT MORE KNOWLEDGE OF WHAT THEY ARE DOING. CVS SERIOUSLY NEEDS TO KNOW WHO THEY ARE HIRING. ITS VERY INCONVEINIENT.

Resolved scam and lies

This is a serious complaint that needs to be more than a complaint and marked as SERIOUS mishandling of a life threatening illness controlled by medication.

I entrusted Caremark with my Pharmacudical needs. I have asthma. I sent in my scripts and paid the extra $20.00 for overnight shipping. I sent it out on 10/14. It was filled on 10/18 and labeled on 10/20. On 10/22 I checked status and was told it was done and ready and would go out in a day or two. I let them know I was out of my meds and what happened to my overnight shipping. She said that was the best she could do. I called back in the morning talked to someone different and they "expidited" things and said all was set to go today (10/23) and I would receive it on 10/24 & they would drop the overnight charge as it was their error. By 5:00 on 10/24 I had not received a thing and called Caremark. They said they sent it and gave me the tracking #. I called UPS and was told # could not be found. Meanwhile 2 days now without my meds and starting to feel it. Called UPS on 10/25 at 8:30 am and was told pkg was in transit scheduled to arrive on time on 10/27!!! WHAT!!! I proceeded to call Caremark and was told it was shipped regular ground with no overnight as there was no overnight charge shown. Again, WHAT!!! Does anyone communicate or was this just a game in pharmacy because I gave them such a hard time about getting it out. This is ASTHMA, people, a serious, life threatening, potentially deadly disease. Thank god I am healthy enough that I handled it but someone else may not have or had something worse. These are lives you are screwing with!! I want the public aware of this neglegence. I ended up having to have them do an override so I could go to the local pharmacy to fill again at $40. after I already paid out a lot to Caremark. Who has that to throw around these days!!

• Wa
    Walls Jan 19, 2010

I am officially done with the mail-in prescription service from CVS Caremark. They have lied to me and treated me like dirt for the last time.

My husband takes medication for seizures. We have used the CVS Caremark mail-in service for over a year now for the same medication. We have had a few problems with them in the past, but none compare to the outrageous situation I now find myself in, just trying to get my husband his medication so he doesn't end up in the hospital with seizures this weekend!

My husband has been told by his neurologist and our family doctor that he needs to take the name brand medication, not the generic. It is noted on his chart and has always been noted on the scripts. For some reason, even though he's gotten the same medication for over a year, CVS Caremark decided to send him the generic this last time. They claim the doctor's office wrote it that way - maybe that's the truth, we'll never know. However, when I called to get it resolved, I was told by a representative named David that they would send a replacement overnight along with a prepaid label to send back the incorrect generic medicine. The next day came and went with no medication. Of course it was Thanksgiving and we were going out of town, so in the meantime, I had to call the doctor, get a week's supply written, fill and pay full price for the medication at a local pharmacy. I call back to CVS Caremark and get Sharice (sp?). Sharice clearly is uninformed of the basics tenets of customer service and decides to leave me on hold for 12 minutes without checking back. When she finally gets back on the line, she informs me that she is speaking with her supervisor because she can't see my order on her screen, but somehow he can see it. After holding another few minutes, she informs me the prescription was never sent out and that she "truly apologizes for any miscommunication on behalf of the prior rep" and ASSURES me that the prescription will be sent overnight and I will have it on Friday. Today is Friday. No medication. I call again and get Lori. I am again informed that the medication hasn't shipped. Now I'm really upset. Apparently they don't understand that I'm not asking for a replacement part for my leaky faucet, I'm in need of medication that is going to ensure my husband doesn't have a seizure and end up in a life-threatening situation. I am told that I can get the prescription transferred to a local pharmacy, but not only will it be for the generic medication, since they are claiming that is the prescription they have written, but I will have to pay for it! I'm quickly moving past upset and into livid mode now. I inform Lori that if she cannot make that happen, she needs to connect me to someone who can.

Several minutes later I am connected to Slade, who informs me that he is a customer service supervisor. I have to explain the entire situation to him and he then informs me that there is nothing he can do. He also informs me that if the prescription is transferred to the local pharmacy that they can only fill it with a generic and I will have to pay for it. Furthermore, I am informed that it's not their fault that I got the generic medication and so I cannot return it and cannot get a refund. Excuse me? I am going to have to pay for a medication my husband can't use PLUS go to a pharmacy and pay for the correct medication, which I should have had in hand one week ago? I have been lied to by two different reps and still don't have the correct medication. Slade also informed me that they would not guarantee an overnight reshipment, confirming that the two reps had lied to me. He didn't seem too concerned with that, which being a customer service supervisor myself, strikes me as a bit odd. Furthermore, he said that if they transfer the prescription, the local pharmacy can legally only fill it with the generic because they are stating that our doctor signed off on it for generic. I don't know about anyone else, but I have seen prescription pads. There are two options - "dispense as written" or "can substitute." "CAN substitute..." not YOU MUST substitute. I told Slade I didn't believe that was true, which he disputed with me. I could be wrong, but I don't think I am. Luckily I have a super nice local pharmacist who is willing to give us a weekends' worth of the correct medication. Monday I will be getting a new prescription from the doctor and going to my local pharmacy. I'll have to pay more monthly because the mail-in is cheaper, but it's not worth the headache.

Bottom line, CVS Caremark lies and does not care about the customer at all. s

cvs employee Mar 25, 2010

I'm going to have to say that for the most part you are incorrect, but I will have to agree you are right in the fact that they treated the situation in a bad manor. The first rep should have contacted the doctors office right off to correct the whole thing from turning into an even worse fiasco, which did happen. Doctors do make mistakes and I believe that Caremark would not lie about a doctor writing the prescription for the name brand and only wrote it for generic, caremark could not just change it without the doctors authorization. I work at CVS and deal with Caremark all the time, they don't seem as thrilled to be dealing with customers as I would be. I'm very energetic in my job and I like it very much so dealing with customers comes naturally to me, I can hardly comprehend that someone could possibly be so careless for someone who needs their medication as soon as possible. I feel your anger for the mistakes they made. I'm sorry you had to switch pharmacies and have to pay more each month. Its not fair and I wish the best for you next time. Hopefully that wont happen again.

• Se
    Service 1 Jun 03, 2012

I have used Caremark's mail in pharmacy for a year or so with no serious issues until this month. I received email confirmation the order had been received and then email confirmation they had been shipped and would arrive in 5-7 days. Over 2 weeks ago this order was shipped but I have not received the prescriptions. The mistake apparently happened at the US Postal Service. I have received no answers or communication from CVS except the automatically generated emails informing me I should receive my order in 15 days. After submitting a customer care ticket with the Postal Service, an employee from my local Post Office contacted me to inform the package is lost and they are trying to track it down.The Post Office contacted me by phone the morning after I submitted the ticket. I have received nothing from CVS but auto reply form emails which makes me think they have not touched my complaint nor are they interested in customer service. This is the last order I will trust with CVS. I would not have received such terrible customer service from my local pharmacy and will be using them from now on. My total displeasure is not that the prescription package was lost because I realize things happen and sometimes go wrong. My displeasure is with the service I have received or rather not received from CVS.

• Fr
    Fred Shaw Sep 30, 2017

I entered your CVS Survey and at the end was given a choice of gift. The only charge was "shipping" and I gave my Charge Card(foolishly). I got billed the following month for shipping and received the watch. My next billing had a $99.89 charge and several days later another watch arrived. I had to cancel my card and am "disputing" that charge How can CVS not monitor these ??

Resolved outrageous customer care at cvs pharmacy - silver spring!

The cvs pharmacist - mr milton nichols at your cvs pharmacy in silver spring, at 1290 east-west hwy, md...

Resolved unpleasant experience

My wife Libby has been receiving interferon since November 2007. She was to have another order shipped so that she could take her medication this past Friday 9/19/2008. The medication did not arrive as expected so my wife called in to Caremark on Sunday 9/21/2008. She was informed that there was an error in the computer and they would be shipping out on 9/22/08 overnight with Fed Ex to be the shipping agent. Tuesday 9/23/08 came around and the medication never showed up as promised so we again called Caremark who told us that there was an error and the medication had been rerouted and that they would find out what was the problem. This morning at 9:30 a pharmacist called me to let me know that he had tracked down the medication and it is indeed in Roseburg Oregon (where we live) and the medication would be delivered by early afternoon. Three-Thirty came around and guess what no medication... So after many phone calls the Pharmacist calls back and says that the medication is at the Fed Ex shipping center and can be picked up before 5:00. I go to pick up the medication using the tracking number provided by Caremark and guess what? The package is not there but is in another town across the state because once again Caremark has made a mistake and sent the package to zip 97491. The Roseburg zip code is 97471. My wife is now 5 days late on a medication that is used to treat Hep C which must be taken on a regimen to continue fighting the virus for 1 year. Now we are 10 months into the treatment and cannot get the proper medication because Caremark cannot seem to ship at the right time or to the right address. This is totally unacceptable and must be fixed immediately. Luckily for us the prescribing physician just did a viral load test and will be doing another one next week. If the viral load has increased I will be immediately contacting an attorney and filing lawsuit. This type of medication kills the weak virus first so by now at the 10 month mark any virus left is the most resistant so as you now if it returns it will be mutated to the point that it will not likely be able to be eradicated by any current treatment. It seems that the name of the business should be carelessmark as there is obviously no regard for the care of their patients as evidence not only by our experience but the thousands of people with similar complaints including those that can be found several websites. I would like others to contact me if they have similar complaints as I plan on starting a class action lawsuit in hopes that it will open their eyes to the way they look at customer service.

• Up
    upset_customer234 Feb 07, 2010

Last time I was in here, I heard a man in the pharmacy (who was either a pharmacist or something else back there) yelling at the others that worked there. It made my shopping experience horrible and I do not know that I will go back.

• Sp
    Sparda29 Apr 28, 2010

So you don't think a supervisor should yell at his/her employees??

• La
    Laura Bullard Feb 07, 2011

I have used CVS pharmacy for 15 years but after today we will be transfering all of our perscriptions to Walgreens. I work for a large Pharmaceutical Company and as long as we use brand names our perscriptions are free. For several months I have had constant problems getting my perscriptions. I have had to return to the store as much as three times to get what I need. This morning I called in four perscriptions and when I got there to pick them up only three were ready, after waiting in line for fifteen minutes I was told that it would be twenty more minutes. After telling them that I would come back the pharmacist finally told me that once again they did not have what I needed. I told him that I was going to have to transfer my perscriptions because I have difficulties with them every month. He said O.K., that is fine where do you want me to transfer them to. I was appalled by his attitude, like he did not care weather I was acustomer there or not. After he realized that he had upset me he tried to smooth things over by stating that most people use generics and unless they order brand names they dont have them. Come on!!! When you have customers that use the same medications month after month, some of them for years I feel that you need to keep them in stock. If this only happened on occasion it would be different but it is an on going problem for myself and my husband. If you could get your perscriptions free for brand names what would you use??????????????

Resolved inappropriate customer treatement

To Whom it may concern (if there is anyone at CVS that is concerned): Below are the details of the...

pharmacy

To Whom It May Concern:

Today, Jan 2, 2010, I called the pharmacy at approximately 11 AM to renew a prescription. The time of pick up was to be 2PM. I arrived at the pharmacy at 10 past 2. My prscription was not ready or even close to being ready.
I saw people picking up their prescriptions. I asked how long they waited. Their answer was 10-15 minutes.

I really feel this pharmacy is not organized, especially for prescriptions that were called in way in advance.

Considering that my family spends $1500.00 to $2000.00 a year on prescriptions, maybe the pharmacy needs to learn time management.

I would appreciate a response regarding lthis e-mail.

I am very close to changing pharmacy's since this has happened on several occasions.

Toby Balter-RN
[protected]@aol.com

• Kr
    krispix318 Jan 02, 2010

You're not going to get a response from CVS by posting on here. This is merely a forum and nothing posted reaches the company about which you're complaining.

Resolved item advertised

On or about Nov. 1, 2009 an ad came out for plates, cups, etc. to have a picture printed on them for $19.95...

Resolved be very careful!

On Christmas Eve, at approximately 9:30AM, I was running errands and stopped at CVS to purchase wrapping paper, ribbon and some last minute items.When I parked my car in their lot, there were four other cars parked. My total that day was approximately $50. I had parked in the lot of the Chicago CVS and asked the employee if I could take five minutes to run across the street (you can see the building out the window) to pick up shirts I had ordered at the Chicago Knitting Mills. The employee called the Manager for approval. The manager simply said "no." There was no compassion or understanding from this woman "in charge." At that time, Chicago was experiencing rain and ice, making driving very difficult. It took me an additional 15 minutes to drive the Chicago streets to find a parking spot in order to stop at another store for five minutes.

My fall total at CVS is over $200. My summer total was at least that much. In the future, I am walking an additional block to take my business to Walgreens. I refuse to frequent a store that does not offer compassion for their customers.

I am employed by Target Corporation. If we treated a guest the way CVS treated me on Christmas Eve, we would be fired. Competition in retail is fierce at this time. CVS will be out of business if they continue this course of customer service.

• Br
    BrklBoy Feb 03, 2010

Absolutelly agree. I have same bad expirience as yours with them in Broolkyn NY. Hope they will get out of the business sooner or later

• Ol
    Old Man CVS Apr 03, 2010

Its their parking lot, of course you can't just leave your car there while you go do other stuff. What happens when the lot is full of non-customers and no new customers can park anymore? In big cities (like this one, chicago) parking is a big deal..there isn't a lot to go around.