Menu

complaints

Accredo Health Group Complaints Summary

2 Resolved
159 Unresolved
Our verdict: If considering services from Accredo Health Group with a critical resolution rate, extra caution is advised. Examine detailed customer feedback to understand the severity and nature of unresolved issues. Be prepared for the possibility of unsatisfactory responses and have contingency plans, including seeking assistance from consumer advocacy groups if necessary.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Accredo Health Group has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Accredo Health Group. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

Accredo Health Group complaints 161

Sort by:

Newest Accredo Health Group complaints

10:11 am EST

Accredo Health Group Accredo

Prescription for Xeljanz was received Jan 8,2024 according to their records. It is now February 7 and the prescription has not been received or shipped despite repeated requests and calls to Accredo. Each time I call I am told more information is needed, despite giving them the same information I still have not received the prescription. Prescription drugs are not for fun, they are necessary to our health. This company lies and cannot bother to fill prescriptions.

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified Accredo Health Group representatives only. If you are affiliated with Accredo Health Group, please claim your business to access these details.

4:48 pm EST
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I’ve been stuck with Accredo for 3 yrs now. Because I have Cigna PPO, I’m only permitted to fill my Humira Rx with Accredo as Cigna owns Accredo (which, in itself is unethical). Every 3-4 months I have to spend hours hand holding Accredo to get my Humira shipped. They are a lazy and incompetent pharmacy. The following is the latest email I sent to...

D
4:48 pm EST

Accredo Health Group Fraud

Accredo has shipped several patients their specialty medication with the text message reading “Your estimated copay is unknown”. The patients then received a bill for thousands of dollars from Accredo. Accredo is engaging in fraudulent activity because they ship medication WITHOUT FIRST INFORMING PATIENTS OF THE COST, then giving a bill for an extortionate amounts of money that they cannot afford to pay. All while having ACTIVE copay cards from the manufacturer on file. Our rep advised me that they should have contacted the patients and advised price before shipping, since it had been at no cost in the previous months and suddenly there was a large increase in the payment amount. This is the only mandated pharmacy I deal with for patients that I have this issue with. I'm not even sure how they can be mandated by insurance companies with their fraudulent practices. This company is a scam.

Desired outcome: Waive the outstanding balance for the patients shipments. and advise in the future large copay amounts BEFORE medication is shipped.

Hide full review

Is Accredo Health Group legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals Accredo Health Group as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 1% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, Accredo Health Group stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering Accredo Health Group should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

Accredo Health Group earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Accredo Health Group achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for Accredo Health Group. The company provides a physical address, 2 phone numbers, and 2 emails, as well as 2 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

Accredo Health Group has received positive review on our site. This is a good sign and indicates a safe and reliable experience for customers who choose to work with the company.

Accredo.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While Accredo Health Group has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 1% of 161 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • Accredo Health Group's website has revealed that it is not properly optimized for search engines. This could be a red flag indicating that the company is attempting to hide its activities from the public.
  • Accredo Health Group protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
K
6:50 pm EST

Accredo Health Group Fraudulent billing activity

Accredo shipped me a dose of Cosentyx on 7/3/2023, notifying me with the text message reading “Your estimated copay is unknown”. I then received a bill for $2,438.62 from Accredo. Accredo is engaging in fraudulent activity because they shipped me medication WITHOUT FIRST INFORMING ME OF THE COST, then giving me a bill for an exorbitant amount of money that I cannot afford to pay. A rep there even told me that they should have contacted me to tell me the price before shipping, since it had been at no cost in the previous months and I was lead to believe that it would be at no cost to me long term. If I had known the cost of the medication, I never would have started on it.

I have spent over 10 hours and many months on the phone trying to get this resolved. My appeal for a billing adjustment is still pending after 60 days and I can't get a manager to call me back. I have also now submitted complaints to the Better Business Bureau and the state Board of Pharmacy.

Desired outcome: Waive the outstanding balance for the Cosentyx dose shipped to me

12:07 pm EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have a genetic disease called Low Protein S Activity. It first manifested in September 1986. There are 7 veins in my left thigh permanently occluded from that episode. I’ve since had clots up and down the inner part of my right leg, calf to thigh, repeated clots in my hands and fingers, and one in my right forearm a surgeon cut out to send to Emory...

2:32 pm EDT

Accredo Health Group Accredo specialty pharmacy

My prescriptions are consistently delayed.

They want the patient to be on their last pill before they deliver the new prescription.

They do not request prior authorizations until the medication is due for a refill and this further delays delivery of the medication.

The representatives know nothing and take notes and say they will pass the notes along to a higher up. They cannot resolve issues.

No one ever calls to address the concerns I have shared with the representatives.

I always have to borrow medication from my neighbor because Accredo is late. They will not allow 3-month supply of medication.

It is a stressful process to deal with them.

They will make a sick person more sick by dealing with them.

They should lose their ability to work with the public.

K
4:59 pm EDT

Accredo Health Group 0/10

Lack of urgency on my Rinvoq refill despite irreparable damage being done to my joints due to their inadequacy.

None of these people's first languages are English, and they say they will personally follow up with me; they never do.

I have had to call several times for updates when they promised to mark my case as urgent and there has been a hold up each time they have not followed up on despite my being out of medication as they did not tell me they needed a new prescription before I was almost out.

Accredo does not care about my health.

Their pharmacists apparently rejected my claim this round, so now I have to fight that battle despite being on this medication for years and my illness is not going anywhere.

Desired outcome: I just want my meds in a timely manner, I would appreciate you guys reaching out to people when there may be a delay instead of after they are out of meds and in pain.

10:16 pm EDT

Accredo Health Group I was prescribed Impavido by my MD

I was prescribed Impavido by my MD Sept 27 I was advised the medication needs to be filled thru Accreedo … after several attempts to speak with a pharmacist and disconnected by the incompetent customer service department several times was told they don’t carry the medication… with the CEO of the medication company on the line telling them the medication needs to be ordered they were of absolutely no help. I called back after hours to get a pharmacist and when he called back I was also advised that I personally needed to fill out the form and order the medication myself! I am 5 days into awaiting a life saving medication and forced to fill it with the most retarded incompetent idiots known to mankind!

Desired outcome: It would be nice if Accreedo employees would use some common sense and have some common courtesy!!!!

3:07 pm EDT

Accredo Health Group Xeljanz medication

I began a new job on May 22, 2023 and had to switch insurance to UPMC and they require to use Accreddo for specialty drugs. I have been trying to get my xeljanx prescription refill since July 5, 2023 and every time that I call I am being told that they need more information to complete the refill. When I called on September 20, 2023 I was told they finally had everything that I they needed and they were going to expedite ny prescription so that I could receive it on Monday, September 25,2023. I called back on Wednesday, September 27, 2023 and I was told they just received a new prescription from my doctor on September 26, 2023 and I would have to wait another 5-8 days to receive a call to schedule a delivery. I explained that I would be losing my insurance on September 30, 2023 and I need my medicine. I am being told its because my doctor will not provide the documentation that they need.

Desired outcome: I want my prescription delivered by September 30, 2023

6:53 pm EDT

Accredo Health Group Shipments Refrigerated Medication, Div. of Express Scripts

I have spoken with and written to Accredo more than 10 times on different dates to request them to ship my prescription of Taltz via FedEx and FedEx only, but they insist on shipping with UPS. In more than one occasion, UPS delivered my prescription at 6:00 PM or later, having the box in their truck all day in the scorching Florida Sun, even though the Styrofoam box is clearly labeled Medicine, Perishable and Keep Cool. Everyone knows that UPS trucks are not airconditioned and the Florida weather is hot all year round, which makes it dangerous for medication that required refrigeration and the Florida heat melts the ice packs very easily.

Previous to Accredo handling my prescriptions, I was using Kroeger, which provided a service 100 times better. I called again this morning to follow up on my most recent shipment and they had already shipped via UPS, even though I was previously assured that the instructions to ship Via FedEx had been entered in my profile. Not so.

Desired outcome: To get my profile correct and to ship via FedEx every single time.

T
9:31 pm EDT

Accredo Health Group Fasenra

Company has taken over month to deliver needed drug. Spoke with no less than 8 personnel including a case manager and leadership member who promised help but did not respond. Only after calling astra zeneca (maker of drug) was accredo responsive. They have bureaucratic depts that don’t talk, blame/ deflect blame wherever possible and are not there for patients.

Desired outcome: Help patients and / or go out of business so competent specialty pharmacy company can help patients. Express scripts aka Cigna has no passion to be in this business and it shows clearly

5:02 pm EDT

Accredo Health Group Specifically medication

My insurance company Highmark won’t let me fill my prescription unless it goes through Accredo. This pharmacy has been giving me the runaround for 8 months now on why they won’t fill it. I’ve tried to get in my insurance company to let me fill it somewhere else and I can’t get them to work with me either. It’s very frustrating and I’ve yet to get this prescription filled. If anyone knows what to do or where to go for help.. please let me know.

Desired outcome: I want my prescription filled

G
4:13 pm EDT

Accredo Health Group Tremfya

Ordered Tremfya in Feb. and Accredo billed the wrong insurance company. They were supposed to refund the wrong company and rebill the correct company. I can not get additional medicine until this is complete and the last 6 months they have given me every excuse as to why they can not refund and rebill to the correct Ins. co. It has held up my medication for 6 months. After 9 calls and 6 months without medication, I am changing medications due to their incompetence in billing.

Desired outcome: Refund and rebill correct Ins co.

B
4:36 pm EDT

Accredo Health Group delivery of medication

Accredo has been jerking my wife around for over three weeks now. My wife is on Dupixent, as prescribed by her doctor. She has gotten all of the needed approvals to refill her prescription but for three weeks now they have been delaying shipment. 3 [censored]ing weeks without her medication. She even got a letter from Express Scripts, which owns Accredo saying her medication is all approved, yet Accredo still hasn't sent out her medication. Each time she calls she just gets excuses. I am ready to file a lawsuit against this company. The government should not allow this company to remain in business.

Read full review of Accredo Health Group and 2 comments
2 comments
violet girl
, US
Oct 02, 2023 3:43 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

The reason Accreedo is still in business is because when they don’t fill or send a prescription it saves insurance money …. It’s a no brainer

Adrienne Jeanne
, US
Aug 14, 2023 9:42 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

They are doing the same thing to me please contact me with dupixent.

J
2:14 pm EDT

Accredo Health Group Accredo

I cannot say enough about how horrible this company is. Every month I spend hours trying to get medication filled for my ten year old son. It doesn't show up, there are issues I'm not told about, they simply don't process the order, and so the medication just doesn't come. I spent two hours on the phone last night and "leadership" would not speak to me. Every month there are issues. They are careless, the processes are not useful, they don't care about vulnerable patients. It's a disgrace. The people who work there do the best they can but they have no tools to help customers. I will do everything in my power to never use them again and to discourage anyone from using them. Accredo is the worst of the American healthcare system and the way they treat people is outrageous. Do not use this pharmacy. You will put the health of those who need meds in danger and you will lose weeks of your life trying to get help. But there will be no help. I want to file a complaint against the company and be able to use another pharmacy. The complaints I have are endless and they involve rude "leadership," unprofessional nurses sent to the house, lying about availability of medications and not sending meds when my son is out of them due to their errors. I want to complain about the process in which I have to order meds for my son, which takes forever and then does not even get processed correctly. I could not be more dissatisfied.

Desired outcome: File a complaint-make others' aware of how awful this company is-I want my insurance company to allow me to use other pharmacies due to the illegal and actionable experiences I have had with Accredo.

10:58 pm EDT

Accredo Health Group rx fulfillment

Where do I start? I met with my rheumatologist on June 5th. They prescribed be a biometric bc I was in so much pain - unable to walk, confined to my bed and bedridden. He prescribed me something to get it into my system and get things moving so that I could have somewhat of my life back. I am 35, and a mom of two children. My kids both have birthday next month, and are turning 6 and 1. Here we are July 6th. Exactly one month later, and still waiting for my prescription that they’ve had in their possession for over a month. Upon reviewing my call log, I’ve spent over 15 hours on the phone with Accredo in attempts to get my Rx. Last week I was told I needed to speak with SaveOn, which I’ve done 3x now. Then was told Friday (after being on phone for hour 45 mins w/ Accredo), that Id get a call within 2 hours advising me my Rx would ship & I should be expecting Saturday delivery. However, no such call was received. I called back 7 hours later, to be advised it would ship Monday. Here we are Thurs, no call. I took it upon myself to call today (since they again failed to call) and was told the previous rep lied, they don’t ship on Fridays & that we are still waiting for approval and that I should hear something soon. When is soon? What takes 4 weeks to be approved? I’m so frustrated. In pain. And honestly past the point of angry. I’ve never met a pharmacy with poorer customer service who doesn’t give a hoot about their patients. If I could give zero stars I would.

Desired outcome: Fill my script.

9:11 am EDT

Accredo Health Group Pharmacy

I have spent almost a month trying to get my prescription refilled. I have spoke to numerous people and not one person knows what they are doing. The only thing they do is read from a script. My doctors office has sent them the prescription at least 6 times. When I spoke to a supervisor the first time he was supposed to take care of everything and call me back the next day to schedule delivery, no call back of course and to make it even better the name and extension he gave me to call him back didn't exist when I called. I looked back at my phone call log and over the past 3 weeks I have spent 6 hours and 34 minutes on the phone with them trying to get this resolved. I almost think they do this out of spite. I just can't believe so many people could be that incompetent.

10:27 am EDT

Accredo Health Group Billing Issue for a payment

This company is terrible and I have never experienced this situation with a billing department. I paid over $1200 with a check for service January 9, 2023. Accredo cashed my check and cleared on March 1, 2023.

I sent emails and fax several times with the proof of payment of the cashed check and explanation of payment.

Below are the repeated calls and communications I have made to the billing department with no successful. My insurance company even reached out to them on May 22, 2023 and they still didn’t resolve the open balance.

* March 29th spoke to representative I was told it will be posted to my account in 3-5 business days

* April 6th spoke to representative I was told it will be posted to me account in 2-3 business days

* April 19th spoke to leadership team , I was told that the check will be posted in 3 days

* April 26th spoke to representative and I was told still hasn’t been posted and I asked for a manager to call me

* April 27th spoke to leadership team called X……… and I was told that check will be posted by the back office in 3 days, I also asked how the medication was released because no one ever called me for approval.

* May 1st spoke to representative X…….. same response, check will be posted

I asked to speak to a manager

* May 12th spoke to leadership x …….. called me and the check wasn’t posted

* May 22, my insurance broker called and sent proof of payment, they followed up three times.

* June 6 - emailed and send a fax with a letter requesting that the balance be cleared up and I send proof of payment. June second, I received a response to the email and they said I should call the billing department for assistance. I went back on June 7 and said please read my note I have contacted the billing department several times with no resolution I sent another request on June 8. No response sent another request yesterday which was June 12.

Each time I call, I informed the billing representatives that I was not paying anymore of the bills until this was resolved.

I am not sure what is wrong with this company but as of today nothing has been resolved. This has never happened to me at all.

Desired outcome: Post the check on my account

7:48 pm EDT

Accredo Health Group Pharmacy

Unbelievable awful company. Probably the most deceitful, unorganized, incompetent and soulless medical company I've ever used. I had no choice but to use Accredo because my insurance company made me (BTW, avoid Anthem if you can, they actually do business with companies like Accredo). My doctor and her staff even warned me how bad Accredo was to work with.

I had to call extremely often just to get basic answers, and every different Accredo employee I was passed off to gave me different answers. They promised me, PROMISED me that they wouldn't ship my prescription until it had gone through my insurance. They told me it was company policy not to ship a prescription without the patient's authorization.

Well they shipped it anyway, and mislead my doctor into thinking I only owed $60 after insurance coverage. A few months later, I was sent the full bill of $700. My insurance company told me that it hadn't been covered, and they took zero responsibility for how Accredo lied to me.

I fought and fought them, called and called, they said they would pull the calls and follow up, but they never, ever did. The only communication I had after that was another mailed bill.

You've been warned. Do not deal with Accredo. Look at all the horrific reviews this company has received.

Desired outcome: Please vote for politicians who want to reform healthcare. It's our number one problem and is a global embarrassment.

2:01 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Accredo Health Group Worst Experience ever....

This company is all over the place. You never get the correct information and it's always inconsistent. I have been dealing with them for more than 3 weeks to refill a prescription and not one person has been able to help. Spoken to supervisors as well as staff members and they are all just useless. They do not have a well-set chain of command and I can tell that training was little to no existent. I honestly received a new answer to my issue every time I call. They do not give any call back even though they ask for your number in case you get cut off. From billing issues to doctor's prescriptions to actually refilling the order all different agents were completely lost. If you are lucky and after calling about 10 times you might get someone who actually knows what they are doing but don't count too much on that. I asked for a callback from corporate or upper level who needs to listen to the calls I have and see how badly the personnel is trained. We will see if it ever takes place.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Accredo Health Group contacts