Menu
GoodRx
reviews & complaints

GoodRx
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

43 complaints
35 resolved 8 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of GoodRx. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
6:26 pm
The company has left an official comment on the complaint.

GoodRx - Pharmacy would not honor the email sent to me

April 30th I went to Harris Teeter for 1 of my medications that I received an email from Good RX that it would cost me $0.00, mind you this was not the first time I have had it filled there before. The pharmacist said he could not honor the email, it must be a glitch in the system. So I paid for it and left. I am a little upset that they have honored all the other emails, but not this one. Can someone please explain why this happened. Thank You!

Desired outcome: Make sure that this does not happen to anyone else.

S
11:48 am

GoodRx - Poor service

Their app is horrible. It has a tone of problems if you just trying to become a Gold Member. Then after spending hours trying to register, I finally get a hold of nurse to refill my meds.

I told Ms. Chelcie Kaluzny the Nurse Practitioner who was handling my refill, that my doctor meant to put me on 3x pills a day but she sent to the pharmacy 1x a day. I asked her if it's possible to adjust my prescription. Instead of saying no, we can only give you 1x a day, she cancels all my refill, so now I have no meds at all which is even worst.

She clearly didn't want to work or help. she did a poor assessment of the situation and did the worst thing she could of done, me with no meds at all.

Sony Ancion

Desired outcome: Follow up with me and I want to have my meds refill

L
11:48 am

GoodRx - RX Gold

My doctor ordered my Testosterone Cypionate from my local CVS pharmacy. The pharmacy ran the order through my insurance plan which resulted in a $94 charge. I then handed them my GoodRX Gold card which they ran against the Gold card resulting in a $41 charge. I paid and went home. I checked on the app and saw the price is $25.23. I called customer service and explained. They called the pharmacy and determined if it was run against the free GoodRX the price would indeed be $25.23 and if I would contact the pharmacy the would give me a refund for the difference. Which they did but I had to go back to the store.

MY BEEF IS AFTER PAYING FOR GOLD I SHOULD AT LEAST GET THE BEST GOODRX PRICE AND NOT BE PAYING MORE BY USING GOLD.

Desired outcome: Please contact me with some kind of sensible explanation. Not the one I got from customer [email protected]

C
May 16, 2022 3:21 pm

CVS is to blame. Women pay more than men.

11:27 am

GoodRx - Problems with Show Low Safeway Pharmacy

Just wanted to let Good Rx know that the Show Low Safeway Pharmacy is not honoring Good Rx. I have used Good Rx for the last year to pick up and pay for my Rx at this Pharmacy. I used it again in January 2022 to get the Rx I'm writing about. On 24 February 2022, my Dr. again sent the refill to this Pharmacy. When I hadn't heard in two days that the Rx was filled, I contacted them by telephone and was informed that my insurance was not going to pay for the refill. I specifically asked for the Pharmacist and spoke to an individual "Chuck," who said the same thing, that the insurance was only going to allow a 7 day fill. I mentioned that I wanted to run it through Good Rx as I had been doing and the Pharmacist refused stating that "I needed to go through my insurance carrier and resolve the issue of them only allowing a 7 day fill. As stated previously, I had been filling this same Rx for over a year through Good Rx and now one individual was refusing to fill through Good Rx. Valid Rx sent directly by my Pain Mgmt. Dr. to the Safeway Pharmacy. Same Rx for over two years. Pharmacist refused to fill through Good Rx. I have also filed a complaint through the Pharmacy Regional Mgr. This caused a lot of pain (out of medication) and stress through this Pharmacists refusal. Wanted to let you know so that you can advise Safeway that they are in violation of any contract you might have with them.

Sincerely,

Terry L. White

Desired outcome: Advise Safeway that their Pharmacists cannot arbitrarily change your contractual agreement to suit their own needs.

N
9:28 am

GoodRx - Constantly being asked to pay $49 to refill valid prescriptions

I have refilled my "year's long" prescription for birth control three times this year paying 49 dollars each time in violation of the advertised length of the prescription by your service. I want refunds on at least 2 of these. this company is such a scam. Last refill was on 12/10/21, this morning I was told my prescription was out (for 9 months, 3 packs, 3 refills and I had to pay another $49.00 to get it fixed).

Desired outcome: refunds!!!

K
Apr 08, 2022 3:21 pm

Went to Walgreens to refill my gabapentin was 49 then he told me it is 69 now becfause of brand but it’s generic and should still be same price but I’m having trouble pulling up 431ml oral solution for it

GoodRx - Service Complaint

Good RX is nothing more than lying BAD RX. Walgreens would not accept my coupon. I sent an email to Good RX receiving nothing but BS excuses. Then they offered me a $25.00 virtual gift card. Asked the employee Elaine what a virtual gift card was and she would not answer me. I have sent over five (5) emails to the company stating I would accept the gift card for the inconvenience (can easily document as I have retained emails), however, no one will respond including the CEO Doug Hirsch.

Desired outcome: I would like the $25 gift card that I was offered along with a response to my emails.

C
May 16, 2022 3:21 pm

Blame walgreens not GoodRx!

K

GoodRx - Monthly fee

My Dr. suggested I try the service when I could not afford a prescription. I am sorry if I mistakenly applied for an on going membership. I paid the first months fee since I did use the service.
I recently got a charge for December ( on the 27th).

I just want to end the charges and the membership!
I can be contacted at 847-220-1198
or [email protected]

Desired outcome: end to membership and billing

G
Dec 30, 2021 3:21 pm

Hello Kevin, we have been able to cancel your account and refund your charges. If you have any other questions or need help with anything else, please let us know by calling us at [protected] or by sending us a private message on Facebook or Twitter.

1 0

GoodRx - Vertussin cough medicine

The app said $24.00 at Walgreens and when I presented the app, I was refused that price and told $160.00 instead. No resolve. So I only could afford half the prescription. But that was even more than $24.00. My husband was suffering with Covid and also has COPD. The coughing was debilitating and we really needed the medicine ordered by Dr. Regenerative.

Desired outcome: Assurance that Good Rx works and a refund.

J
2:08 pm
The company has left an official comment on the complaint.

GoodRx - Ivermectin and your lying customer service rep "Brittany"

GoodRx and Walgreens have colluded to deny a legitimate coupon, causing me to pay close to 400% more for my prescription.

"Brittany" lied to me on the phone, telling me GoodRx does not offer ivermectin coupons.

From your website:
CVS Pharmacy.
$93retail
Save 61%
The price after coupon is$35.83.
GET FREE COUPON
Prices for the following pharmacy:Walgreens.
$142retail
Save 75%
The price after coupon is$34.58.
GET FREE COUPON
Prices for the following pharmacy:Costco.
$99retail
Save 44%
The price after coupon is$54.45.
GET FREE DISCOUNT
Prices for the following pharmacy:Shaws.
$112retail
Save 44%
The price after coupon is$61.97.
GET FREE DISCOUNT
Prices for the following pharmacy:Walmart.
$79retail
Save 2%
The price after coupon is$77.05.
GET FREE DISCOUNT
Prices for the following pharmacy:Kroger Pharmacy.
$99retail
Save 70%
The price after coupon is$29.72.
GET FREE COUPON
Prices for the following pharmacy:Stop n Shop.
$156retail
Save 50%
The price after coupon is$77.97.
GET FREE COUPON
Prices for the following pharmacy:Hannaford Brothers Pharmacy.
$140retail
Save 44%
The price after coupon is$77.97.
GET FREE COUPON
Prices for the following pharmacy:Target (CVS).
$95retail
Save 62%
The price after coupon is$35.83.
VIEW MORE LOCAL PHARMACIES

Desired outcome: Balance of the difference

B
12:56 pm

GoodRx - CVS Pharmacy

I use Goodrx for this one drug because my insurance would charge a large deductible. The problem is every time I go down there the drug is at least 7.00 higher than the coupon I printed. I even saved one to my phone this time. Last time they told me the price changes here and there. This was 15 minutes later. I noticed Kroger doesn't seem to have a problem. I can understand a couple of dollars, but a coupon for 17.00 ended up being 24.00, so I don't know if I am getting a true discount or not. If CVS doesn't want to honor anything properly, they should just drop their contract. What is the point of Goodrx if I am not truly saving.

A
11:04 pm

GoodRx - Lisinopril 10 mg

On July 5th, 2021, I went to Walgreen's Pharmacy to fill a new RX for
Lisinopril 10 mg # 90. I took my coupon from Good RX thinking that I would save money. I did not! When the cashier rang my coupon into the register, the price increased. I ended up paying the higher price as the cashier wouldn't or couldn't void the transaction and start again. I felt really cheated by using the "UN" coupon. Who uses a coupon so they can pay more? Well, I ended up doing so. I have recommended Good RX to many of my clients as well as patients that visit the physician I work for. I think you should know that this type of thing is happening and I hate for you to have a bad reputation based on this.

Desired outcome: Know that some pharmacies are not handling you coupons effectively and set a policy that will void the coupon if it rang in and the price increases.

G
3:02 pm

GoodRx - Good to and costco

Costco denied to honor my good RX for my pets medication of phenobarbital. We had gotten it there before many times with the good RX and now they say that good RX no longer will allow medication for pets with the Good RX card . Please tell why is this ? It's the same medication So I don't understand why good RX would not honor they prescription. Otherwise I assume it's just Costco not honoring the good RX card. My question is do you honor prescriptions for pets or not.If so I will just change where I get my prescriptions from now on. Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from you soon.

Gena Steele

Desired outcome: I would like to know why this happened and get it resolved

R
3:59 pm
The company has left an official comment on the complaint.

GoodRx - Costco again refuses to honor Good RX discount.

This is the 3rd time Costco Pharmacy Concord has refused to honor the GoodRx Discount. The other two times I canceled and went to Safeway. I accepted this recent purchase due to time restraints but will go to Safeway for renewal even if their cost is more, because, invariably, Costco will overcharge beyond the discount. WHY DOES GOODRX CONTINUE TO SUPPORT COSTCO.

Buproprion Hd Er (XL): 150mg, 90 tablets (Presc. # 6293643)
Good RX Coupon
Bin 015995
PCN GDC
Group DR33
Member ID WU775954

Good RX Cost $24.90
Costco charge. $40.66 (after refusing to honor GoodRx discount.)

I have 70, 000 social media followers. I think it's time they (and BBC) are alerted to these deceptive practices.

Jul 19, 2021 3:21 pm

Hi . I also have good rx gold . Everything was great until COSTCO quit honoring it on CERTIAN drugs . To no avial Sam's doesnt, Walmart Doesnt, Price Chopper just to name a few . They werent making enough money on their drugs

The company has left an official comment on the complaint.

GoodRx - Person Distributing GoodRx materials in our neighborhood left GoodRx trash all over our front yard.

Person Distributing GoodRx materials in our neighborhood left GoodRx trash all over our front yard. Occurred Saturday June 26th. Big mess to clean up. See a sample picture of some of the mess in the attached photo. Want an apology and Kroger gift card for $50. There were several plastic display stands and hundreds of wallet sized cards that have GoodRx contact info on them.

Desired outcome: Apology and Kroger gift card.

4:13 pm

GoodRx - Prescription Bait and Switch

We looked for a specific medication on your site and was surprised to see that for Virt Caps we could receive a price of just over $14 from CVS on Robb Drive and went their to get my prescription filled. They not only transferred that prescription but all my others from Walgreens without our consent. They they tell me the Prescription will cost over $59.00. When we challenged them they said that was it regardless giving them your coupon for the $14 + price.

This makes your company and CVS a bunch of Yahoos! It was not a good experience.

Desired outcome: Give us the prescription for your GoodRX price

GoodRx - charge

I signed up for Good RX on 3/14/21 gold for $5.99 (credit card) and cancelled the same day. I thought it was free for 30 days and it wasn't. They charged my card and I want it refunded immediately. I don't have any photos other than my credit card being charged. This is my only complaint. Please have my account credited I'm not paying for something I don't use. Thank you

Desired outcome: Cancelled and Refund

The company has left an official comment on the complaint.

GoodRx - Cost of product at website not honored at pharmacy

My doctor called in a RX for 20 capsules of uro-MP. My insurance cost was $45.83. On Good Rx website, it shows $16.53. Pharmacy entered my Good Rx information and said it would be $63 plus. They claimed you couldn't believe the pricing from Good Rx. I was thinking of doing Gold Rx but I won't pay for something that can't be utilized. What is wrong?

Desired outcome: Get the discount price as shown

12:15 pm

GoodRx - Pricing issue

Because a particular must-have prescription drug would not be covered by his Prescription Drug Plan, I signed my fiance up with Goodrx (on Dec. 10, 2020). The drug in question is Pantoprazole, 40mg tablet (90 day supply). I checked on the mobile app for the closest location that had the best price (ShopRite, West Deptford, NJ). The price on December 10, 2020, was $11.00 for the 90 day supply. When my fiance went to pick up his meds, the pharmacy attempted to charge him $23.50! When my fiance complained, the pharmacy said "they could sell him the med for $15.50!" He told the pharmacy the price had been quoted, when the prescription order was place, was $11.00, but the pharmacy refused to sell him his meds for the previously quoted price. (The price on the mobile app HAD, in the meantime, been changed to $15.50) I question WHY the pharmacy tried to charge him the $23.50 and then were willing to charge him the $15.50. Sounds to me like Goodrx is NOT a very reputable company!

S
4:19 pm

GoodRx - Website

I have had a Good Rx account for several years. I have had entered all my drugs and my current Medicare Advantage Plan. Now I am trying to enter a new Advantage Plan and am unable to do so. When I click the arrow on the drop-down box nothing appears and I am unable to directly enter any plan? I have tried to do this on Chrome, Firefox and Edge with all extensions disabled. I also tried this on another PC with the same results. This has rendered the site completely useless to me!

Update by Steve Burns
Feb 06, 2021 1:51 pm

My problem has not been resolved!

J
2:17 pm

GoodRx - Customer service

All the contact numbers for GoodRx, have recordings, so that one cannot ask questions, from a real person, or a real person is very difficult to get hold of. I want to know how easy it is to unsubscribe and whether GoodRx provides savings on all 6000 drugs, or just on, for example, the 20 most popular drugs.

GoodRx contacts