Having problems with CVS?

CVS reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Nov 1, 2006. The latest review Customer service was posted on Apr 14, 2021. The latest complaint Goodrx coupons was resolved on Oct 19, 2020. CVS has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 1830 reviews. CVS has resolved 278 complaints.

CVS Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 746 7287 (Customer Service)
+1 888 607 4287 (CVS.com® and Mobile)
+1 866 389 2727 (MinuteClinic)
One CVS Drive
Woonsocket, Colorado

CVS Complaints & Reviews

CVSnew employee no supervision, and cut hrs

I was hired by CVS Pharmacy Store 2511 as a Pharmacy Tech. I only received my Tech Licence the last week this past July. I was promised supervision with Prescriptions, Insurance Confirmation, and Distribution of Medications. Numerous times I was publically humiliated by the "Lead Parmacist". She would constantly belittle me, humiliate me or embarass me in the prescence of my other coworkers and in front of customers. Since I was new, I did ask questions, I did not want to make an error in medication distribution and her reply would be, "Well, you should know this" and walk away. Another "Pharmacy Tech" who had the same title as I but was employed at the store longer was in charge of scheduling. Instead of my promised 25 hrs/wk which never happened, I was constantly given as low as 4-8 hrs/wk. I was forced to work at CVS and go back to my previous employment just to make ends meet. Reading these other complaints I find I am not alone, what compensation or recourse do I have? [protected]@gmail.com

CVSnurse practitioner failed to help

I took my 70year old mother to the CVS Minute Clinic at 6015 E. Brown in Mesa Arizona ( corner of Recker and Brown) to to get help for a nagging cough. The Nurse Practitioner refused to help her. She stated that my mother had pneumonia, but when asked why she thought that, she had no reasons! We asked the nurse if she would at least please do her vital signs, check her oxygen levels or her color in her feet or hands or lips. No, she would not. She simply made a diagnosis without any evidence. This was done at my mother’s expense because we went for help, but received nothing. When contacting CVS, they said it was their policy to not take vitals! Unless you want heath care by crystal ball, DO NOT go to CVS.

CVS Pharmacymanager was rude

I was at the CVS pharmacy located at 959 Bay Area Blvd. Houston Texas Store 212-8040 to purchase some Vitamins.
      Even though add started today Sunday 6/26/11 all the items that I was looking for is either gone or only one bottle each were there. Buy one get one free was not possible because of the umavailibility of the same kind. When I approaced the Managre Mr. LAHIR he plainly told me that items which they had many on the shelf (higher quantity bottles are not on sale) are not on sale. I asked him if he can honor the ad on thr paper and sell those buy one and get one free” he plainly with mean attitude told me NO.

I aske dhim why not his anser was that is the way it is. In a way he aske me to get out with his mean attitude. Even then I shoppe $51.00 worth of items since I did not want to go back with nothing. I will never agin step into that store so long LAHIr is manager.

TheCustomeIsNotAlwaysRight Aug 08, 2011

You probably shouldn't post peoples names on here. How would you like if someone came to your job and posted nasty things about you and then put your name??? Not too smart or kind regardless if you are mad or not it is not appropriate at all. And they cannot just make things be on sale. Their bosses do watch transactions and will question why something that is not on sale was rung up at a sale price they can be accused of " sweethearting " the customer and be fired

CVS Caremarkunbelievably poor customer service

Doctor wrote prescription for a medication using a trade name but signed it "substitution permitted". I checked price on Caremark website and it listed the generic and brand drugs. Generic was $10, brand was $50. I mailed in the Rx and CVS mail order filled it using a brand name drug. My bill showed $73. What happened to the $10 or even the $50 price shown on the web site? I called customer service and spoke with several customer service people, a manager, a pharmacy technician, and the pharmacist. I was told that the drug did not have a certain rating so they could not send a generic. Even though their website showed a generic when I did the price check. I asked them how I should know about this rating. Their reply was that I should call with any questions. But there was no reason to question the order when I checked the price. I asked to return the drug. The first person said it was too late, it had already been shipped. If I refused to pay, she said they would no longer fill any prescriptions for me. I asked for a manager and got Barbra. She was all but useless. She constantly had problems with the computer, gave answers that didn't even resemble my question, and talked like she was overmedicated.
        I called again and after wading through the same chain of comand was connected with senior team member Ilene. After, hearing the same story I explained what I, the consumer, saw on the web site. Finally after explaining it 3 times she agreed to do a one time only return authorization. Over the past month I have received nothing but dismal customer service from Caremark/CVS. It would seem that Caremark/CVS is only interested in the customer's money. Don't be fooled by their advertisements for excellent service.

CVS Pharmacycustomer care card scam

I was in one of your cvs pharmacy stores this past week and saw a customer using more than one xtra care card. My understanding is that one card per household? How did this customer end up with more than one. The cashier was trying to refuse to allow this customer the use of all four of his cards, he was purchasing coca cola 12 packs he had fifteen 12 packs of drinks the limit is 5 per card his reasoning was he was purchasing 5 per card! And then to find out he was purchasing the drinks to take to his store to sell @regular price…I was asking the cashier after the cusomer left the store how could he get away with such an act??

Her response was that they have been reporting this problem to the district office with no response so they could not do anything until they got a heads up from the district manager.. Not only does the customer buy the drinks this way but he has his wife come to the store to purchase other products the same way, to take to thier store to resale. I think something should be done about this situation. And with futher conversation with the employee other regular customers come in to buy these products such as the coca cola products and they have had to reorder more from the coca cola company @cvs’s exspense, when… seems to me like the man is furnishing his store @ cvs’s exspense and he’s making money paying sale price and turning around doubling his money??

This is a problem that needs addressing and to make matters worse the man ended up paying $10.69 by using xtra bucks off of all the cards he had 15- 12 packs @ the price of 5 or less maybe cvs doesn’t mind losing money, all customers aren’t like these but the one’s that are could hurt this company.

TheCustomeIsNotAlwaysRight Aug 08, 2011

I worked for CVS those people are the reason we would get screamed at for being out of the sale products. Selfish customers buy up all they can of sale items and what they are doing is not fair but they will not get in trouble. I had customers with 7-8 cards and NOTHING was ever done about it. I am so glad that this bothered you as a customer because we thought it only bothered us as employees!! It is not right and they shouldn't let them do it but sadly they do

CVS Pharmacyprescription problems

While picking up my prescriptions at the 2323 Illinois Ave store in Dallas, TX, I encountered very unproffesional behavior resulting in my transfer of $2600 worth anual prescription bussines to a non CVS store. I am disabled and need to carry a blue Walmart shopping bag with which contains personable items so my disabled arms don’t drop, loose, and or break things while traveling on public transportation. I have filled RX at the same store since 2005 and have never encountered a problem having a Walmart bag and personal items with me. However, during the last visit I was told that I had to leave the bag at the front of the store.

Cheryl Erickson Mar 08, 2015

The CVS in Gilroy, CA is just as bad. They think they are doctors and fill all scripts you don't need but refuse to fill the ones that you do need. I do not trust them at all to give me the correct amount. Or even fill them on time. I do not understand why I feel like I am at war with a pharmacist. I hate them and will be looking for a better place to fill my perscriptions.

CVS Pharmacysale circular

I received a weekly sales circular in my local Sunday paer for CVS pharmacy. Inside the circular I noticed a great price for a particular brand of beer, $12.99 for 12 pack bottles.
              The Tuesday after the sale started I stopped by CVS on my way home from work to pick up a 12-pack. When I got to the register I was told by the cashier that they would not honor that sale price and explained to me that the ad was a mistake and was not supposed to have been for my area. She said "that is a national ad"...WTF????
              Last I checked, Missouri was still in the United States making it part of the nation right??? The store would not honor their own ad!!! I will never again shop at CVS. This proves to me that they are not practicing good business!!

Sandra Pecorino Dec 23, 2013

I noticed in the cvs ad running from Dec. 15 thru Sat Dec 21 2013 Viva milk was on sale for $2.59
                  I went in to pick up a gallon when I got to the register I was told the ad was a mistake and they could not
                  honor it what kind of c*** is that? False advertising I will never shop in that store again can't trust them not
                  to lie about whatever they feel they can get away with. I know there is a law against that and when i find it
                  I intend to shove it to them where the sun don't shine till they get the message that screwing with customers
                  is wrong anyway you want to lie about it.

CVS Pharmacyrude cashier

When the cashier handed me my change, she quickly turn the other way to talk to her coworker. I look at the receipt and my change (thank god!) and realized she had shorted me.. more than a dollar! I know everyone makes a mistake sometimes so I told the lady that she had shorted me and she grabs my receipt and look at it and handed me my correct change and walks away again!! No sorries, no nothing! I think I just caught a CVS employee stealing! I'm so upset b/c I shop at CVS all the time.

smoosh Apr 29, 2012

You can't argue that non-whites are more likely to steal than whites unless you're going to provide reasons for proving it. In conclusion, your argument is invalid.

smoosh Apr 29, 2012

What's your evidence for this claim?

• Le
                    LesIie08 Apr 29, 2012

First of all she was hispanic. You may call me racist for this, but unfortunately blacks, Hispanics, Indians, Arabs are more likely to steal than us whites. The chances that it was a mistake are slim.

smoosh Apr 29, 2012

How dare she walk away after handing you the correct change!
                    She should have stayed there and begged for your forgiveness.
                    You just want attention.
                    A normal person would laugh and say thank you after getting the correct change, and go on with their lives.
                    ###.

Thesnobbycat Sep 14, 2011

I bet you're pretty lonely Leslie.

TheCustomeIsNotAlwaysRight Aug 08, 2011

was YOUR CHANGE in her pocket?? If not then she wasn't stealing. Think before you accuse, you could get someone in a lot of trouble over stupidity!

CVSconstant mess up on rx's

For the last month all I had was wrong info, lack of info and mess up on my Rx's. I was told my Rx's would be ready and then when going there to pick up I'm told it was schedule for 5 PM hours later. I tried to see if I had refills for important medication for blood pressure and seizure meds ...was told I had no refills left. Call doctor and was told I did still have them after 4 times calling CVS found out I had 2 files! Why is this my fault. I am constantly inconvenient by CVS because of having to drive l hour RT all the time. No one knows what they are doing. I called today after finally picking the Rx's I needed for a month, got home and one Rx's was not there!!! PISSED. Called to complain and the clerk couldn't care less about me taking my business elsewhere. I was never rude just brought this to their attention and I am now going to use Walgreens which I believe if they hire from the same unintelligent pool of people, I most likely will have the same kind of problems...

They just don't realize how important their job is and how it can effect the health of the customer. I had to go through terrible withdraws due to their mistakes!!!

CVS — money

A reload card was brought to the counter for $260.00 to be added to the card. The card was bought and once my...

CVScharging tax on drugs but not showing it on receipt

In the state of la there is no state tax on prescription drugs, but local municiplaties can charge a tax. The local tax in pineville, la is 5%. Cvs adds the tax to your insurance co-pay where it does not show up on the receipt. When you ask why your co-pay is more than it should be, you are told that your insurance company tells them what to charge. Nothing is mentioned about tax being added to the co-pay. I feel this is an underhanded way of charging the tax without the consumer knowing they are being charged. I asked my insurance company why the co-pay was more than it should have been and they researched it and told me about the tax. When I called the pineville cvs, the pharmacy manager first denied that the tax was being charged, then said she knew it was being charged and the computer program was supposed to be corrected where it was not charged, told me she would refund the tax charged; when I came tot he pharmacy requesting the refund, she called her district manager, and said I would have to go through him. Also, cvs charges tax on the total cost of the drug, not just the co-pay amount. This resulted in my paying $12 in tax on a $30 prescription co-pay. Cvs says the insurance company should pay tax on their portion, but if they don't they just charge the consumer. I finally after a month was able to get a phone number for cvs corporate. They said the district manager would arrange to refund the tax. He refused. When I reported this to cvs corporate, he was forced to give me a cvs gift card in the amount of the refund. Other pharmacies in our area do not tax the drug if you have an insurance co-pay. I can only speculate that the pharmacists get a bonus based on the amount of drugs they sell, since the pharmacy manager kept saying "but that will come out of our money" if they had to give me a refund. Maybe if the companies would quit creating incentive programs that encourage their employees to short-change or rip off the consumer, maybe stuff like this would stop.

CVSnot opening for over 2 hours past the open time

On July6th i believe i went to cvs to use the money gram services as it was an emergency that i send my brother some money because he was stuck and had to be to work!!! I arrived ten minutes early (6:50am) so i was sure to have the money sent by 7:00am. There was a store manager i believe who was there before i even got there. It Was 7:00am At this time and i asked him what time they are going to open the store.He then said they opened at 7am and that the girl forgot her keys.More customers began to show also eager to get into the store on there way to work. Even The Pepsi guy was waiting to drop his delivery!!! Its Now &:45am and she still isnt there!! My Brother is to be to work at 7:30am so now "HE"S" late for work. I watched as customers came and gone because they to had to be to work. "very unhappy people i must add" I myself wasnt scheduled to work until 9:00am so i figured i had plenty of time. still waiting and its now 8:00am now im getting Really upset and eager to get into the store... so was the manager that was waiting. i guess the head manager was on vacation. And the mananger told me i could call or go online to make my complaint.He was VERY nice and aplogized numerous times!! now it pushing 8:45am and this is something that had to be done "send money using moneyGram" and there wasnt any other place in walking distance. so i asked the manager what time cvs opened on Farmington ave. he replied. so i told him id be back that i aslo have to pick up a RX. WITH a BROKEN toe i walked to farmington ave and did the moneygram, by this time its already past 9:30. So i Returned to Cvs On Blv. st. and they STILL were not open!!! this is NOT the 1st Time i have went to this store and they were late opening... "I am VERY UPSET with this matter!!! combinded with the hours my brother lost and the hours i lost we lost OVER $72.00... That is money that we could have used ya know? plus we had to explain why we were late for work!!! I wanted to send in a complaint because if i didnt you wouldnt know whats going on!!! I am a VERY loyal customer i must go to your BLVD. street store Atleast 5 days per week!!! and i usually get there at 6:55am so im sure to be there when they open. I now wonder will the store be open when i arrive or sould i go out of my way and way 15-20 minutes out of my way.. please respond to [protected]@yahoo if something is to be said!!! thank you, a VERY unsatisfied customer" "for the very 1st time" [protected] i also wanted to state i arrived at Blvd. street and she was actually still working there which i was taken back by.

CVS — thi manager of store 1815

I was a customer today at store number 1815 in gainesville, florida. I am extremely upset with the individual...

CVS Pharmacy — poor customer service

I have been a regular at this store on 3rd and Fairfax and time and again I am amazed at how bad customer...

CVS — bad services

I have been a customer of CVS stores for many years now, have never had a complaint. In fact I was probably...

CVSpharmacy not having medications

On three different occassions I was told that the pharmacy did not have my prescription in stock. May 25 and June 25 CVS did not have my prescripton for Ovocon 50 (birth control pills) in stock, even through this prescription is on ready fill and has been at this pharmacy for over 1 year. Now today, July 1, I am told that they would have to order my prescription for Vyvanse which once again is a prescription that I get there every month for over a year. When complaining, the pharmacy manager said she could call other stores and of course I would have to go over and pick it up. Why should I be inconvened when its NOT my fault they screwed up. I don't want to hear excuses well I am new or I was on vacation. NO EXCUSE, do your job! If I don't do my job, I'll get fired. I have decided to bring my prescriptions back to Walgreens and do business there. I knew I should have stayed away from CVS when they gave me the wrong prescription many years ago after I was discharged from the hospital ER with a head injury.

• Pr
                            pressuredeadlines Nov 23, 2011

I am a tech for CVS and I admit we make our share of mistakes which some we can take full repsondsibility while other times its our vendor who is not stocking your Meds, After you(and by you I mean all customers leave) whether we've done a great job or the smallest mistake we are treated like trash. As technicians we fill your medicine and its the PHARMACIST job to very that everything on the original script is what is dispensed to the T. While you might be angry with us...we get called names like stupid and @ss if we accidently assume something not even life threatening. If we type take 1 by mmouth because we feel we need to speed up. We get thrown under any bus that you customers throw to the pharmacist. So I apologize to any customer that has had an issue. Wheh the pharmacist apologizes and says she will handle t...and you leave..she def handles it alittle over the top than she should. Iv worked with atleast 20 different pharmacist in the past year and every single one loves me and never complains. Customers love me in and outsside of the store. They address me per HIPPA. SO what I'm trying to say is unless you've been behind that counter you don't know the extreme pressure and intimiation we are under and the crap that is mubbled about us in ear shot. If I ask for your ID for a control or Narc..and you wanna argue and not give it over..Im ot giving it to you, I will lose my job. Plenty of other pharmacys dont mind losing their license but I go by the federal law (especially seeing how I also majored in that). This holiday thank your pharmacy tech, without them their would be no Pharmacy. I thank each one even if they are made at me. Just smile and bare it!

-High dissapointed Tech speaking her mind

• Oh
                            OhWowReally Jul 01, 2011

Even Walgreens runs out of medications. This can happen at Walgreens as well. They don't make the pills themselves, and like anything else where you depend on companies shipping product, things can be sold out. I think you are making way to big of a deal about this. I can tell you I switched to CVS from Walgreens for the same reason. The difference is I didn't fly off the handle when these things happen.

• Ct
                            CT JAG Jul 01, 2011

What a "great" reply to my complaint. I am glad that you think I am a ### because your opinion doesn't matter to me. I posted the complaint to let other customers know they are not alone and maybe corporate CVS will do something. Also if you don't do your job aren't there consequences? This happened three times in a row, no excuses. They told me they don't have purchasing records which is a bunch of bull. People need to take responsiblity and do their jobs. Many people in CT are out of work and the governor is laying off another 6000, so maybe get someone in there who can do the job and do it right.

CVS / Pharmacy — Racial profling

I mr. Charles conner on june 22 at approx 2:25 pm after purchasing photos downstairs I walk upstairs to self...

CVS Store #8820 Newbury Park CArip off re &sales coupon&, lack of competence and totallty unsatisfactory service and

Today I had the unfortunate experience of trying to shop at CVS in Newbury Park. I wanted some passport photos taken, but was curtly told "can't do that size". This, in spite of CVS advertising that they can do such sizes. Next I tried to find some light bulbs, but out of stock. I bought a couple of shampoos and paper items and then tried to use the 25% off coupon that I had been sent this week and was told "All sale items, can't accept the coupon". In sum, a total fiasco and waste of time and total lack of any in-store competence or assistance. I then went to Walgreens for the passport photos and was treated efficiently and kindly and obtained the passport photographs in the size specified with no problems whatsoever. Further I was treated as a valued customer and am grateful to the Walgreens on Ventu Park.
                          Guess what, no CVS in future and Walgreens will have all my business. I tried registering complaint at cvs.com, but no section to contact them, no surprise there. I am disgusted with the low and unacceptable behavior and attitude of CVS and its employees.

CVS Pharmacyins cards

CVS upper fronts street binghamton new york...i am making a formal complaint regarding the new "law" that is in effect.regarding swiping insurance cards at pick up...i have 3 in my family..staff is now telling me that alll three of us need new cards.they will not swipe..i called my insurance company and they will not issue new card.because cvs is the only one who is giving customers hard times.i was told to switch pharmacies..how can it be that cvs is the only one who cannot swipe these cards.noone else has a problem.i took card to my ins co it swiped...soemthing needs to be done..they are tellin everyone they need new cards or u will not get scripts.this is rediculous and not right...it is either the stafff or the machine ...the staff is very rude.i have also asked for a 600.oo plus script to be ordered for every month...not been done..the colored..indian pharmicist is very rude and judges people by the script.he told me they cannot have scripts ordered for every month...i am going to go to rite aide.i will make sure all my friends and family know about this too.i will have them alllll go to rite aid.this problem is going to get bigger if u do not change this.

CVS — unfair managers

I am having a problem with my Manager not standing up to our Shift A supervisor. The Shift A runs everything...