Having problems with Capital One?

1800 481 3239 (USA and Canada)
+1 877 383 4802 (General Customer Service)
+1 800 227 4825 (Credit Card Accounts)
+1 800 867 0904 (Small Business Banking Products)
+1 888 810 4013 (Capital One Bank Products)
+1 800 289 1992 (Capital One 360 Products)
+1 800 946 0332 (Auto Financing)
+1 877 464 2151 (Home Loans)
+1 866 435 6299 (Home Equity)
+1 800 926 1000 (Personal Loan)
+1 855 780 5047 (Investing Products)
+44 800 952 5267 (United Kingdom)
+44 344 481 4814 (United Kingdom)
15000 Capital One Dr.

P.O. Box 5283, Nottingham, NG2 9HD

Sending a Cheque
P.O. Box 1000, Camberley, GU15 3ZQ

Complaints & Reviews

Capital one no longer an ongoing concern

I've never had such a run around in my tire life and has so many employees lie to me I've been in management for over 30 years 90% of their ploy ease light and they were not in the United States and didn't understand what we're talking about Rumor on the street at the route gonna be a little longer and I'm going concern due to the [protected] Lawsuit if you're smart take your money and run this and that this has not been announced yet but it's coming they've ripped off consumers almost $1 trillion

Charged interest when 2 days late on payment

Recently I was charged interest when my payment was 2 days late (no fault of mine but some problem with my internet banking. I have been a capital one credit card holder for about 10 years and I have never missed paying my entire bill every month. They say on their website that they are interested in helping people during this time of covid but when I called they first offered me 30 dollars off (they also said I pay my balance "most of the time" which I corrected them to EVERY month I pay the entire balance and I have the statement to prove it) and then after I said that I would leave them to find another credit card I was offered 50 dollars off the interest charge. They clearly a) have no sense of customer service or loyalty and b) really don't care about how covid is affecting people at this time. I am terribly disappointed at being treated this way after being and EXCELLENT client.

Credit card

I have been a great customer since 2013 I pay my bill on time they have not gave me no increase at all. They don't have complaint department they rude as hell don't know how to speak with someone. They don't give you know answer to why you don't get increase on the bill. I spoke with them and they are liar cause they gave my daughter platinum card she didnt request. They gave my daughter increase all the time she went from 300 to 2000. I have another friend they got one 10, 000 somebody else 2500. They are worst company in history that have done me like this. I feel like they dont give damn about there customer at all. All them can go to hell.

Inability for us service members stationed overseas to have any online access to their account.

Capital One refuses to accept overseas phone numbers as part of user profiles. They recently mandated a two-factor authentication requirement that only allows US phone numbers as the second factor. So if you're a US service member stationed overseas, with a phone number local to the country you are stationed in, you are unable to establish a second factor, and therefor can't access your account online. After 40 minutes of conversation with a service rep and then a supervisor account service rep, I was politely informed that sorry, me and every other service member or American living overseas without a US phone number are just out of luck. But we can call from our overseas phone and get charged overseas rates if we need to manage our account, check charges, make payments...like it's 1970. So after 20 years as a customer, what choice do I really have - I've cancelled my account and will use my Chase and USAA cards that allow me to manage them online.

Fraud alert

EVERY time we use this card we get a fraud alert and then have to give drivers license, social security. I am on the account but they insist on speaking to my husband who doesn't have time to deal iwth them. We have the GM card and want to buy a new car and so wanted to use this but not worth it. DO NOT USE THEM. Save yourselves. We ask to speak to a manager but then wait 30 minutes.

Sent bank transfer for secure card, was declined no refund on deposit??!!

I've sent a bank transfer for a secure pre paid mastercard with CapitalOne. After a long call with an assistant on the phone who was just like a robot wouldn't hear a thing I said. Account never was open and then they closed the file. I asked for them to send back the secure fund money transfer back to my account and they refused! They said their rule is to post a check to an other persons name (to whom I was helping due to difficulties with covid and cannot travel to post office hence cant pick up card which I was assure didn't need to was going to be send by mail only due to covid) who didn't send the secure funds.

I called my bank to recall the money (awaiting process) and called the Service Canada both told me the same, refund should be sent back to the person who made the payment in the same way it was sent.

I never had an account with them and the deposit was for a secure card that never was activated for someone else who closed the file. Whom ever pay is the one getting the money back there's no other way around this by law!!

I NEED MY DEPOSIT BACK TO MY ACCOUNT ASAP! Capitalone rules are voided when ILLEGAL in Canada financial laws, period!

Reference number to send back MY money: [protected]  ASAP!
[protected]

360 performance savings

My name is Bruce A Yates. I have been a Capital One credit card customer for many years.

On April 23, 2020 I established a 360 Performance Savings account, [protected]. I agreed to deposit $30, 000 from another bank account of mine into this new Capital One account.

On May 4, 2020 I called to find out why I had not received any confirmation or correspondece regarding the establishment of my new account and why the $30, 000 had not yet been withdrawn from my bank account.

The custome service representative said that I had not confirmed Capital One's two deposits of some change into my bank account where the $30, 000 is located. I explained that I saw the two deposits but was never informed that I needed to somehow confirm such deposits. Instruction to do so in not written in the six pages of information I printed regarding the establishment of the 360 Performance Savings account.

The coustome service representaive verified these deposits with me over the phone and the transfer of funds was initiated. I then requested to speak with a supervisor.

I was transfered to "Sheron who said she was a Manager in the Deleware Customer Service Department, ID 27433". Sheron said I may not qualify for the Bonus which is offered for establishing a new 360 Performance account because I might be too late in doing so after setting up the account. She also said I could not start the whole process over again. I therefor requested stopping the transfer of my funds to Capital One.

This is horrible customer service! I will take further steps to let others know what has happened if nothing is done to rectify this problem.

Bruce Yates
[protected]
[protected]@bellsouth.net

SBA emergency paycheck protection program (round two)

I am a small business owner and a Capital One customer for over 25 years.
Capital One Bank, failed to submit my application during the first round and then point the finger to the Federal Government.
When they finally and very late opened the applications for the second round, the bank failed to submit my application during the first day, regardless of the fact that my application number shows I was included in the first batch.
Finally, my application was submitted and was approved by the SBA on April 27, 2020. However, Capital One Bank, the 11th largest bank in the USA cannot process a promissory note in a timely fashion so we can get the money we so desperately need.
Shame on you Capital One Bank. BTW, they do not return phone calls or reply to e-mails.

• Updated by Eyal Salei · Apr 30, 2020

Capital One Failed Small Businesses.
    As of Wednesday April 16, the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) - which authorizes loans to small businesses to pay employees during the COVID-19 crisis, has been depleted. The SBA's (Small Business Administration) website says that they are "Currently unable to accept new applications."
    This program was supposedly created to help small businesses during the COVID-19 Pandemic. However, lenders inserted their own regulations. They mandated that small businesses needed to have one sometimes two products relationships. One notable bank required a Small Business Checking, Savings and Credit Card! As lenders were simply the conduit for this funding, these actions were fruitless, greedy, remnant of many other crisis where community money was misappropriated, and could/ should possibly be deemed illegal. That's another petition...
    Since the April 5th launch of the Paycheck Protection program, thousands of small businesses banking with Capital One Bank awaited for the opportunity to simply apply. Capital One business customers followed instructions posted on their website requesting that we simply wait faithfully for a message telling them when to apply. This message never came - for most of us. Definitely not the many small businesses who proclaimed their loss of hope online today. We are however happy that Ruth Chris got $20 million! Steaks for us all!
    We are looking for support in starting a class action lawsuit against Capital One and all involved and could use your support. Our team has gotten wind of some information that shows that Capital One has lied about even processing loans, as they had system issues. Instead of taking responsibility, they put the onus on their small business customers stating that ‘we' simply missed the announcement. An alternative could have been partnering with another bank if they were having system issues. But kickbacks would have been missed... Capital One simple doesn't care about its small business clients in need.
    We are businesses heavily affected and should have been given a chance to recoup even a tiny percentage of our tax dollars. Or even just received what our country has promised us in the wake of a horrendous pandemic. We demand fair access to stimulus loan programs and opportunities.

Platinum card

Good standing customer for over 15 years. Put my account on restricted. Requires my drivers license!?!? Because "fraud" no other explanation. When I made them aware of their data breach with stolen information and if they could promise to protect that information. They stated yes, I then asked for the legal department to insure if they had another data breach they would then pay me for the data that was impacted. The rep put me on hold and gave me to a manager who would tell nothing about my account because.. Wait for it.. I didn't provide my driver's license to these [censored]. The manager proceeded to tell me my conversation is being recorded
To which I declined to be recorded and stated I was calling from the state of maine (which has phone recording laws that you can decline) and I was. The manager then got irate and yelled at me over the phone.. And no, you will not talk to the legal department because they cannot guarantee my info wouldn't be stolen... Good enough for me. Stay far far away from this company. They don't require your id to pay. Better going anywhere else. As a customer of over 15 years and using my card and paying they never required id. They obviously have bad bad security practices and have been compromised many times and decide to gather more information to save their own butts.. I have requested card holders agreement every month since (been over a year since my account has been restricted) i've never been sent via mail or email the cardholders agreement. Last I looked on mine they are not allowed to ask for your identity in order to use your card. Again, stay far far far far away. Worst company I have ever dealt with in my life. And that is saying a lot, I deal with hundreds of companies in my profession.

Shameful company

My daughter shares this account with me and made a purchase as she has done before and they declined the charge and put a restriction on the account. I called and verified as I have done before but, was told they have a new verification process and requested me to send a copy of my drivers lic back and front through an email link they provide via email really!. I asked the person in the philippines and us what is the process to protect this information and how its disposed of, they do not have one. So you want me to send my drivers lic so anyone can take my personal info from this lic? I refused to send this info and told them to close the account completely and will not be doing business anymore with them. I assumed the account was completely closed and they would send me a bill of any amount owed. Two days ago I received an email stating my account is past due. I was able to login to the account and see a $25 late fee and interest charges from march and noticed the account still said restricted what! I called customer service and was told they could not review the account because its restricted. I asked to be transferred to the us where I experienced a very rude person. She proceeds to tell me that even though the account is closed in order to lift the restriction I have to go through the verification process what! Is your company ridiculous? In addition, I was informed that they could not waive the late fee because the account is restricted are you kidding me!!! If a customer requests for an account to be closed the fraud department should be able to lift the restriction and close the account completely. What is the purpose of having an account sit restricted when you cannot make purchases and the customer has requested to close the account? No one could provide me a proper reason to this question. How do you perceive that an account is closed just because a customer cannot make purchases? It still open as far as I am concerned. I was forced to pay the $25 late fee due to the restriction. I think someone in your company woke up one morning and said, let's make life more difficult for customers and create a policy? I will never bring my business to capital one ever again.

Returned payment

I set up two automatic payments to pay off my credit card on March 3 and the amount of $254.48 in the other one for $59 on March 7 so I can get my account paid in full by March 9 which is the due date, today I went online to see if my payments had been cleared only to find out that it says my account is restricted and then I called Capital One they informed me that my account was closed ... I then asked to speak to a supervisor she really couldn't tell me what happened only later to find out that my payments were returned but they don't know why . I asked her why didn't they send me a notice in the mail she informed me that they sent out a notice March 9 which is today's date and they also closed my account March 9... they did not give me enough time to even fix what was broken

Banking services

Dear Sirs, Every time my Mom visits this branch it's chaotic! Either not enough cashiers available, or...

Capital one services

I called Capital One to find out why my card had been restricted after I made the minimum balances do and they said since it has been late for a hundred and twenty days that they had shut off my card I then began to explain to the man that had took my call that I had a forbearance or a hardship placed on my credit account to where I would not lose my status or lose my credit cards I explain this to him three different times and he stated to me that he understood the problem and would try to see if there was a way he can help after keeping me on hold for 20 minutes he comes back on the phone and says that they will not be able to reinstate my credit cards regardless of the fact that I was in a hardship For my cards but if I wanted to I could reapply for a credit card I explained to him what was the point of applying for another credit card when all I want to do is reopen my other previous credit cards they still did not work so I told them I concluded my business with Capital One and then I would no longer refer any of my friends to Capital One anymore because their customer service didn't help me and did not fix my problem. I had these cards 3 yrs and get done this way.

• Su
    Susan Gray Gray Apr 01, 2020

Looks like this is becoming a trend with Capital One.

checking and savings accounts

Fraudulent charges on my account in excess of $3000 were allowed. 27 overdraft fees at $35 apiece equaling...

fraud department

I had 3 charges for a product I never received and the fraud department sent a letter stating the company that took the money said charges were legit. The company is now refunding my money for the bogus charges and now I will not stop until something is done about the [censored] fraud department of capital one. I am going the better business bureau and contacting anyone from the government who is over credit card companies. Seems to me all you care about is taking money no matter whether its legit or not.

my capital one credit cards.

I have been dealing with capital one since 2008 and have been satisfied until this year. I have two capital one cards and one walmar t catd. Every time I log in I am told my password is wrong and I have signed too many times so I need to change it. Every time they tell me this I have just logged in. I have had to change my password for 6 times for 6 months. It is not that I forgot it because I write it down every time and date it. My Walmart card is even worse. I had to call customer service because my phone number was not recognized they had my daughter phone number because the phone is in her name. Then I was transferred to the fraud department because they said they needed a valid id. Today I called to ask why my card was charged $56.00 and they told me they could not answer because they were waiting for the id. I believe I have a right to know why that money was taken out my checking account especially since my account was on hold. They have a right to take my money when my account is on hold but I do not have a right to know why my checking account was deducted money.

bad policies regarding charge disputes

I ordered a product via online through my phone for $206 in September, 2019. A day or so later, I received an...

customer service/walmart card

I recently made a payment to my Capital One Quicksilver card. Instead it was credited to my Credit One Walmart card. I do not keep a balance on my Walmart card and now I have a credit of 48.60. On 12/12/19 I called customer service to inform them this payment was credited incorrectly and to move the credit to the correct account. After being placed on hold multiple times and 30 minutes on the call, I was told it would take 24 to 48 hours to move the funds. I said fine. Now a week later 12/18/19, the funds still have not been moved. I called customer service again and again was placed on hold multiple times. I was told it would take 2 billing cycles or 60 days to move the funds to my other account. This is unreasonable and unacceptable. I'm sure if I was 60 days late on a payment it would not go over well. This is their mistake. I should transfer my balance to another company and wash my hands of capital one.

credit cards

I have been a customer with Capitol One since the early 2000's. I am struggling financially right now and asked them to lower my payments and interest for six months. Apparently, my hardship doesn't "qualify", nor does my being a customer with them for so long matter. Trying to do the right thing and continue to make payments. Called Discover, who I also have a card with and have not been a customer with them as long. Not a problem at all! They cut my payments in half and lowered my interest. Capitol One suggested I go to an outside debt consolation company instead of helping their own customer. WOW!!!

do not use their services or card

the company is extremely unprofessional they do not care a bout u or your service they pretend to help you then make excuses to get off the phone the people here are not nice they dont respect you they tell u they cant help u at all even though the charges or item was not delivered period extremely unprofessional they lie to u and do not care they tell you also they have never gotten the claim form for dispute in either

• Updated by Complainant91923 · Feb 22, 2020

same thing with me they are rude and not cool at all

mark7364 Feb 22, 2020

Capital One placed a hold on my credit card account due to what the fraud protection department stated was suspected fraud. They requested that I uploaded a front/back photo of my driver license via a link emailed to me. I advised them that I changed my phone number. I was told they tried to verified my number by sending a text but it didn't go thru. I have received other texts on the new number including a government agency without any problems. I uploaded a photo of my driver license more than once. Always received the response that it wasn't clear enough or couldn't be scanned. They blocked me out of my online account, won't send me an email or paper billing statement so that I pay my remaining balance. I have closed the account.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices