Having problems with Capital One?

Capital One Customer Service Contacts

1800 481 3239 (USA and Canada)
+1 877 383 4802 (General Customer Service)
+1 800 227 4825 (Credit Card Accounts)
+1 800 867 0904 (Small Business Banking Products)
+1 888 810 4013 (Capital One Bank Products)
+1 800 289 1992 (Capital One 360 Products)
+1 800 946 0332 (Auto Financing)
+1 877 464 2151 (Home Loans)
+1 866 435 6299 (Home Equity)
+1 800 926 1000 (Personal Loan)
+1 855 780 5047 (Investing Products)
+44 800 952 5267 (United Kingdom)
+44 344 481 4814 (United Kingdom)
15000 Capital One Dr.

Card Services

P.O. Box 5283, Nottingham, NG2 9HD

Sending a Cheque
P.O. Box 1000, Camberley, GU15 3ZQ

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Capital One Customer Service. Initial Capital One complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Capital One above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Capital One. Discuss the issues you have had with Capital One and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Capital One Complaints & Reviews

Capital One Credit CardFraud, and Capital one never fixed the problem after 5 months of dealing with them

I was in the hospital recovering from a head injury. I was also in quarantine due to Covid, I had my two shots manora vaccination.

In Quarantine for 14 days and when I moved after this I found my capital one card was stolen there were $3, 000. Dollars in charges.
I immediately called you and had my card closed. I am really so disappointed in the customer service I received, loud noise in the backgroud, calling for two weeks every night in the hospital. It took a month to clear those charges and close my account.
I did talk to a very nice representative who took my final pagyment of $652.00 dollars and closed my account.
I received a letter that the account was closed.
Low and behold I got a large bill saying I owed Creepy Capital one more money.

Several representatives were rude, socially unacceptable, never followed thru or called me back.
They should have called when they saw the large fraud charges. Yet they did not. An extremely lazy staff of young men and women.
You by far are the worst company I have ever dealt with. Antoinette, Erwin and a senior representative were unprofessional, did not listen and were verbally abusive.
From Langston VA
[protected]
[protected]
I called every night when I could finally used my phone after my accident, & where did all that stuff go after the sleazebag who stole my card.
You are a very disgusting company for not doing any research and maintaining communication with me of what they bought and where it was.

Susan Harris
Brevard NC

Feb 18, 2021

Capitol One Bank — Checking account

I'll try to make this quick but... So I simply wanted to add my wife to a joint account. I already had my own...

Capital OneCredit card

Since the unusual issues with USPS, I have received my monthly bills later than usual. I always pay my bills on the day I receive them and have never had an issue. Over the past 2 months, I have received my first late fees since opening the card in 1995. Today, I called to ask about removing the fees, since I am a long time customer, and have never paid late, but apparently no one would or could assist me. Today, having no alternative, I cancelled the card.

Delani Washington Feb 21, 2021

I am only a two (2) year cardholder who's always paid my bills on time and earlier. The minute I need help from a real customer service agent, the minute I reach out for help; I'm sent to Capital One's Specialty Department: VIA CAPITAL Bill COLLECTIONS DEPARTMENT at [protected]-----Capital One's Internal Bill Collection Department and they were not helpful; not respectful of a customer who has paid their bills on time. #CapitalOneSucks

Delani Washington Feb 21, 2021

@Delani Washington They suck! I'm only a two year customer. I've read of 20+ year customers and longer that Capital One has fuked over. I mean nothing.

Capital OneBanking Transactions

On Wednesday February 3, I attempted to send money, via the Capital One 360 app as I've done many times in the past. I got a message to verify my telephone number. I entered my number which I've had for over 18 years. And the message read that my number was "not verified". I proceeded to call Capital One and after 2 lengthy conversations, they asked me to send proof of id (my driver's license), which their system could not read after various attempts. The representatives indicated that this was not 'their request' rather Zelle's and this was the only way. I submitted the id and was told that I would be able to use Zelle. On Friday, February 5th, I attempted to use Zelle and again was met with the same error message. I called Capital One who at this point knew I had called previously and was immediately transferred to a manager. The manager knew the problem and proceeded to say that there was nothing they could do since Zelle was the group that needed to clear this up. When asked how long this could take she said days, weeks, noone knows. When I asked what my recourse was she said I had none. I chose to do business with Capital One and they elected Zelle. Today is 2/8 and I am still not able to send money using Zelle.

Capital OneChecking account switch

Capital One changed all their checking accounts over to "Simple" and in the process deleted everyone's past bank statements from the internet. This is no way to run a bank and should be investigated. When the account was set up it claimed to always keep the past 7 years of bank statements available online, so this is a clear violation of their own policy by not doing so.

Capital OneQuicksilver Card Fees

After having a Quicksilver card for many years, and using it very little or not at all, I called to have the fee dropped for the year. This has NEVER been an issue. This year, BIG ISSUE. We don't do that. You have had that before. We don't care if you use the card, It's what you signed up for. Etc...

So, it's pay the fee or cancel the card. I think I will let my credit score take the hit for canceling a card rather than pay the fee for something I don't use for a company with customer service that has gotten so bad. These answers took me two humans and 30 minutes. And, the answer was still ridiculous.

Delani Washington Feb 21, 2021

I have this card and I commend you for using it very little because I used my Quicksilver a lot. F-ck their fee. Shut it down. I ran my quicksilver up to the limit and never paid a fee; but have a big balance to pay. I will pay it. I should have done more research into Capital One that gave me a ten thousand dollar credit limit knowing that I was on a fixed income. I take total responsibility.

Capital OneOnline banking

From 1/27/2021, I was locked out of my CapitalOne online access. I worked with tech support and reset my password several times. Then I received a screen for 2-step verification. Every method I try, I got an error message. I called again and was told I was locked out for 24 hours because of too many invalid attempts and there was nothing they could do. I spoke with a supervisor who said the same thing. She refused to let me talk to her supervisor or transfer me to someone who could do something.

In effect, they are denying me access to my money.

• Aw
                Awilda A Feb 08, 2021

I was told that changing my phone, not provider, not telephone number, the phone- would cause me to have to reset my credentials. Its a twisted game they play with our money.

Capital One360 banking

Just got this new 360 Cap One checking account in Oct 2019. This problem has come up 3 times. It involves Cap One bill pay. I pay my bills through Capital one Bill Pay. I also have a 24 hour grace period if there are not enough funds in account to still pay the bill and if I do not deposit funds in negative account, then bill is not paid. Bill pay requires you to pick the day before to send out bill due amount and then it is paid the day after. I checked my 360 account the day before -- actually I checked it 2 days before the day the money is withdrawn. So for example, I set up bill money to be withdrawn Jan 22 to be paid on Jan 25th. On Jan 20th and Jan 21st I checked the 360 account to make sure funds were there. They were there. All good. Besides that fact, at midnight on Jan 22nd, there was a direct transfer of more money into the 360 account so I knew the account would have funds. On morning of 22nd, I get an email stating that one of my bills wasn't paid, NSF in account. I checked the account and there are funds in account. Cap One attempted to say that when the bill pay went through there was not enough money in the account. That is not true. The transfered money went through at midnight. So funds were there but bill pay did not pay the bill. Cap one tried to say that bill pay attempted to pay the bill before the transfer of funds. So bill pay pays bills in the middle of the night? Regardless, the transfer of funds of midnight was there. So why did this happen? Cap One says they automatically do bill pay in the middle of the night with 360 bill pay. Real simply. I transfer money from one Cap One account to another Cap One account at midnight of withdrawal date. Bill pay attempts to withdraw money out that same night but they say they did it before the funds were transferred into the account. So bill pay does not pay one bill, even though after all bills were paid there was more than enough money in the account to pay the bill. If money is put in account to cover bills at midnight and bills are to be paid at midnight, then the account should be in good standing and not that, oh, one bill attempted to go through before the funds were transferred so that bill was not paid. Capital one needs to work on their 360 banking account and fix this problem. One way would be to make sure transferred funds from one account to another account are immediately there at midnight. (I mean, this is from one of my own personal accounts to another. it should be no problem.) so because I put my money in one account and wrote bills on that money with money leftover after, but bill pay says no, we went through before the transfer of funds, I am left with having to pay a late fee. 360 banking has some problems and needs to be fixed.

Capital OneDr Goduco family dentistry

On 8/26/20 and 8/31 I went to the dentist with a bad infection. Dr.Goduco charged me $1, 380 for a post and started a root canal. Well, I was in the worst pain on 8/31 The root canal failed He put on the document I submitted to you he has given me a credit for it. He did extremely poor work on my mouth. pictures to prove it. Charged $5, 900 for extractions he didn't know how to do. Because I stopped seeing him, he never kept recharging the dispute. I thought capital one would stand behind me. Instead had 7 people tell me different things. No one knows what they are doing I gave you more than enough documentation. The last person I spoke to said don't worry I promise I will take the charge off I am a supervisor. Well, guess what? It was put back on. If this is not resolved I will transfer my balance to another credit card and close it. I am thinking off contacting channel 2 news on what he did to me and you guess didn't stand behind. Get people that know what they are doing one person should be assigned to each dispute I am terribly upset with capital one. Please contact Brenda Michelon at [protected]. I do not want to put pictures on the computer they are unbelievably bad what he did you should have all documentation and pictures. E-mail grayson.[protected]@outlook.com

Capital One Services LLCCredit paid off and cancelled

On January 7th, 2021 you Capital One Services, P.O. Box 30285 Salt Lake City, UT [protected] sent me a bill for $51.40. This account was paid in Full by Money Order September, 22, 2020 in the amount of $325 and closed on October 8th, 2020 when payment was received.

I received refund in November for $4.37 for over payment and a letter stating the account ending in 1889 for Thomas E. New.

I refuse to pay for this debt again and you need to get you system updated. On I will contact Better Business and my lawyer to handle this matter.

Please respond.
                  Thomas E. New email : [protected]@kc.rr.com

Capital OneOnline need for temp code

I use the same laptop every time for looking at my Costco capital One details. Now you keep saying "something different so need to send a code to my phone".
                    This is stupid and not correct. If you do not remove this i will move to another bank card.
                    Contact me at [protected]@gmail.com. Calling does no good as your customer service is no help.
                    Ian Trott
                    Deep River, Ontario

• Dj
                        DJ2002 Jan 28, 2021

Having the same problem today, only now the system throws an error instead of sending the code, so I'm locked out!

Capital OneVisa Card

After ten or more years of using my visa card with a $20, 000 limit, and zero late payments, my account was reviewed and the credit limit decreased by one-half. I did nothing to deserve this action. I wrote them to protest the decrease, and received no reply. Before the credit limit decrease, my credit score bounced around the 800-810 range. After the decrease my score dropped by 125 points, with no other actions on my part. As a direct result of this limit decrease, my ability to refinance my home would have driven my credit cost up by more than 1/4 point, and actually disqualified me from some very good rates that were previously available. While I understand that they have the ultimate right to review and change my credit limit, they need to understand what they do to their very loyal customers when they take such an adverse action. As a direct result of their action, I now advise all of my friends and associates not to do business with this bank. I have successfully discouraged at least five of them to go elsewhere. I plan on convincing more in the future. Loyal customer's do not deserve this type of treatment. I'm sure that this complaint wii be ignored, just like my previous one. Also, as of this date I have paid my account in full, and closed my card. I hope in some small way that by no longer profiting from my business, I can hurt them financially. Larry Iverson, resident of Washington.

• Cr
                          Craig Kaufman Feb 01, 2021

I have a similar issue with Capital One. In my case, they wouldn’t grant a credit limit increase because usage of my current credit line was low. I too experienced a drop in credit score (now rebounded) due to a single purchase that posted with not enough time to pay it off before the statement came out. To prevent this in the future, I requested the increase. My income is very high, I have respectable credit scores, and a history of on-time payments.

I emailed the Director of Complaints and cc’d the CEO. After a week I received a voicemail. I called back and was told the executive office left a note saying they wouldn’t make an exception.

I’m glad others are speaking up and encouraging people to avoid Capital One. A month ago, I was a satisfied customer, but now it’s clear they don’t want to keep good customers.

Capital One0 fraud liability

1-5-21

Been on the phone for three hours trying to get the 0 fraud liability clause to be honored.

Not only would they not honor 0 fraud liability, but they also wouldn't honor the letter that they sent me stating my issue was resolved. That's right a letter in black and white that began with congratulations no less.

I have spoken to reps managers and supposedly the highest-ranking person in capital one, which we all know isn't true.

Jan 02, 2021

Capital One — My checking and savings accounts.

Hello, I recently opened two accounts with Capital One Bank 360 a Checking and a Savings, I gave the United...

Jan 02, 2021

Capital One — Credit card payments not processed through atm

I took out a secured credit card to build my credit. Each month I made a small purchase on the card ($1-$10...

Capital OneThey did not follow their part of the contract

I signed a contract for a payment reduction program. I made my payment and sent in through mail the contract within the required amount of time. I actually handed the contract to a post office worker and didn't just only put it in the box. But capital one auto finance is now claiming that I did not get them the form and they want to repo my car. I did everything correctly, but because they do not want to honor the contract and payment I made, I now had to spend the rest of my money on getting my car out of repo and now I have no money for food, medicine, or anything. I did everything correctly and now they are majorly screwing me over. When you make a payment and sign a contract, they should follow that, but instead don't give a single care about their customers and screw them over. I am beyond angry and this is extremely wrong what they are doing.

Capital OneWalmart Credit Card

I have been a long time customer at Capital One, with a very large savings account, as well as checking for 15 years. (Previously ING) My credit score is about 840 and very little credit card debt. I opened a Walmart credit card to get the 5% credit. They only allowed a $300 limit. (Laughable) I made multiple calls without success. I will now be moving all of my business elsewhere.

Capital One Auto FinanceTotal loss department

I provided all necessary documents to capitol one after I was involved in a hit and run accident and they drug thier feet on treating it as an uninsured motorist so that my gap claim could be initiated and they could have contacted carmax gap insurance and requested an appraiser and because they went back and fourth stalling the car was sold by the tow company way before they finally submitted everything gap needed so they could have assest the car before it was sold. Now gap is refusing to pay out my claim and Im stuck with this mess.

Capital Onecard suppose be closed but it wasnt so send new card please and can remove late paments on credit

my account suppose closed but didnt so please send new card and if please remove late payments off credit report.O i have those 4 late payments i really want off credit and card capital one /walmart combined .all i want those 4 late payments took off can you do that i dont know what else say but since i pd card i thought cancaled the card but wasnt done so need new card and those 4 late payments removed from my credit report please sylvia cotten 608 w haven dr eldon mo 65026

Capital OneI was able to recover my lost funds

This is a scam company that will cheat you and stop picking up your calls. All they asked for is more money, they ended up taking $56, 000 I deposited to them and denied all the withdrawal request I made. I reached out to them, they stopped picking up my calls and responding to my mail's. I had to reach out to a recovery expert via, adamwilson. trading { a t } consultant. com/ because his strategy really helped me to withdraw my funds that was stuck with them.