Complaints & Reviews

Checking account

I am in a homeless shelter in San Diego and need medication I have an emergency. My debit card number is: [protected]. My name is Michael T Pines. My email is [protected]@gmail.com. My phone is [protected]. I need medication and need to reach someone immediately. Preferably a supervisor. There must be someone in charge even though it is Memorial Day weekend and there is limited contact because of the virus. But there must be someone in charge for emergencies. My account was closed because I had a negative balance of $293. Which is fine. I don't want to bank with a bank that won't give a customer time to cover a negative balance. I am homeless and living in a shelter but was lawyer. A charity deposited $5000 for me. I called to get the money from the deposited check released but they told me the check was no good. This is ridiculous. It is a reputable charity and credit union and the check is perfectly good. The validity of the check that was deposited can be easily checked with the head of the charity or the credit union it came from. Of course, the negative balance can be deducted.
I need emergency access to the funds. I have called many different Chase numbers. At first, it's 24-hour customer service line answered. I called 3 times and explained the situation and to please get me in touch with whoever was in charge of emergencies. I was switched to a department that was closed every time and got a recording and a disconnect. I called every other number I could find for Chase and they all had recordings saying they were closed.
I don't know if there is a specific rule requiring banks to have someone on call at all times for emergencies, but there should be. Especially a bank as large as Chase. I posted what was going on on the Citibank Facebook account by mistake and they responded within an hour.
I do know there are many rules and policies requiring banks to make funds available from deposited checks. The FDIC policy is to make funds from your cash and check deposits available to you on the first business day after the day we receive your deposit.
Under The Expedited Funds Availability Act there are time limits too.
I don't know what Chase used to determine that the deposit in question was suspicious for fraud, but whatever they did was obviously deficient. The supervisor I talked to only took less than 5 minutes to check. At least as a practical matter, banks should be required to be sure they have in place a reliable system.

Business checking

Closed my business account for no reason, without notice and without explanation and kept the balance for 10 days during which they would refuse to answer any questions.

It seems that this has happened to many customers as the waiting time was 2 hours before I had an agent who refused to give any explanation and was very rude. (I legally recorded th conversation).

My account had had thousands of operations and never any issue whatsoever over the course of the past years.

Sounds fishy to me.

If any class action, let me know, i'm in.

They are my primary bank. Everyone extends me credit but them

First off, good luck getting anyone to deal with an issue. I finally received a call back from their corporate office from a very unprofessional woman. The message sounded like she was from my local bowling alley. No offense to bowling alleys. This company tries to appear as though one is secure with them. The actual enemies they try to defend you from are their customers. When someone commits blatant fraud with your account you will fight them, trust me to get your money back. I had some loser charge 8 burner phones on my account and Chase tried to claim I made the purchase! BTW I had been banking with them for 40 years. I have over a 735 credit score and any card with them I get denied. Horrible Bank

Lack of notification to recurrent unspecified fees.

On Friday, 05/01/2019, after checking my statement for the CARE stimulus, I became aware my checking account was being hit with a reoccurring $25 (approximate) fee to which no articulation of what it actually was other than a fee since 04/30/2019. My statements are electronic & I pay all my bills from this checking account. I use telephone banking as my job always has me on the move & some locations do not have computers or Wi-Fi to use. After calling their customer service number, it was concluded that I had a checking account that required a higher minimum balance than expected, that somehow started to fine me ever since 04/2019. I was unsettled at the lack of reasonable notice as the fee reoccurred monthly for a whole year without communicating to me there may be a problem. The customer service credited back the last four months bringing it down below $300 & changed the checking to a basic checking account. I had asked for the remainder & was advised they could only do the last four months after being hung up on, then passed around & placed on hold for over an hour. I had conferenced the holding call while calling the customer service again to get an affirmative answer. I would've been a long standing customer since they where Wells Fargo & that's how they did me.

• Updated by My experianced opinions · May 07, 2020

Addendum/amendment to my "Lack of notification to reoccurring unspecified fees" post. To where it says, "On Friday, 05/01/2019, " It was supposed to be, "On Friday, 05/01/2020, " as the context would suggest.

Mortgage-credit reporting-escalation department.

At the end of Feb 2020 I discovered that Chase was reporting to 2 out of the 3 credit bureas. I contacted...

Account closed with no notification

First, my account was frozen for no reason around March 25th. I couldn't do any transactions at all. I didn't understand what was happening, therefore I called a friend who works at chase and try to have her help me find out. She looked over the account and notified me that it's a good chance that Chase is going to close my account.

I didn't understand why, as we never had any late payment, never had an overdraft. Nothing at all! She told me, this happened to another client of hers, who's also doing the import-export business. It's possible that Chase closed the account because they suspect us for money laundry.

Which left me even more confused. Where or how they even got that idea from?? We file for tax according to the book, all of our imports have records with the custom, and with exactly how many products were purchased and how much we made...etc We work with legitimate companies who can also prove that we have all the invoice records.

My friend told me, she doesn't know why Chase made that decision, however from her experience once that's made, then it's over. I felt all my rights have been taken away... no reason at all and not even ask us to provide any records. Just like that, they closed us. It's been extremely stressful as this happened right at the start of covid-19 and with everything that's happening, it's not like I can just head out and open a new bank account and restart. New York is at a complete lockdown.

No words can describe this unfairness. As this is just like discrimination.

Mortgage

I will put plain they burned my ass good they did good job and made money doing it they it in 2018 I got sick...

Money being stolen out of checking account

I have a restricted account on 322020 Wich money was deposited in it anyway I want action taken against the...

Checking account outrageous fees

I had $ in my account and they charged $34 twice resulting in my account being overdrawn by $68

This is pure blackmail

As if you don't pay, not only your credit is negatively impacted but also you are forced to pay them

This is not fair

They need to be sued again

Chase account

My account was closed without warning. I can't access my funds or anything. I was never given a reason why. I called chase to see if I could get this issue resolved and they instead gave me the run around and told me I most likely will not be able to open a chase account again. I am not sure why or how still and now I have to go to a chase bank to try to get my money back :/

Bank theft

I had a CD at JP Morgan Chase bank. They closed my account and stole my $10, 310.84. Three chase executive...

JP Morgan Chase Bank

Chase auto finance

Auto loan payment that was scheduled posted on Tuesday Feb. 25th after the vehicle had been repossessed. When I asked the supervisor why the payment was processed if the vehicle was repossessed she responded ‘that's money that you owe us. You will not be refunded'.
Immediately after that phone conversation, I logged back onto my Chase app and my auto-loan account was no longer there. Prior to the phone call it was visible and I was not locked.

Did not receive any notice in mail or email of the repossession.

Was treated very badly by and harassed about my work history and income (making very inappropriate statements) by several Chase Repossession customer support and a supervisor of the department.

Would not accept my off to pay (in full) the past due amount of $1019, the repo fees and the next months payment of $509 in advance.

Supervisor made the comment that she believed I will not be able to financially be able to continue to pay the loan in the future.

Only option I was given was to pay the entirety of the loan (around 24, 000)

Have not been able to retrieve personal property that was inside of the vehicle.

Chase auto finance

Personal checking account

I had my personal checking account open for two days and was waiting for a 375 dollar deposit to be settled. I went to sign into my account and was told to contact them to unlock my account due to suspicious activity. They than told me they were closing my account and i stated how when i didnt even get to verify if certain charges were authorized or if i needed to dispute charges and .ow my account it says is on hold and my 375 deposited is non accessible. My phone number is [protected] and my email address is [protected]@gmail.com

Chase mortgage

If you are looking for a mortgage STAY AWAY from Chase and Meredith Spence. The service is terrible and slow...

Chase Mortgage Meredith Spence

Withholding my money

On 12/20/2019 was told my Bank account is restricted because of a Check I deposited to my account it was the cashier's check for the amount of $225.00 At first I was uneasy about accepting the cashier's check but I thought it's better than a personal which bounces get stopped, etc. And with calling BOFA to verify it was a good, and it was signed over to me the party assured me I would not have a problem receiving the cash into my account I took a leap of faith and deposited it. Well, it was only $225.00 but with me working only part-time getting paid once a week. It's about the same value, And with me being low on cash awaiting payday I needed the extra cash for household supplies and groceries went low because party endorsed the check as payment for staying three weeks with us. And now that my online connection is being restrained and I can't even call or get online to obtain access of my available balance which I feel should be illegal I truly didn't see harm with the deposit for $225.00 all worked easily with a 20.00 check I deposited a few days before. A few days before. I knew their would be a hold, but I felt that everything would be ok I verified the check it was and properly endorsed I knew the party who presented the check to me as a well-respected individual I felt all was ok all banks placed the holds on new accounts. Now here is where I get Frustrated my direct deposit came in on Friday and It didn't become available not even all that weekend now Pissed my [censored]ing deposit that's my money I repeat my money I worked for I even called and the Chase Agent and asked why wasn't it available and what could I do I asked could I walk into the bank to withdraw she told me nothing can happen until they communicate with the person who issued the check for the amount of $255 the operator informed me all they had to do was to talk with the person who signed the check. I gave them the number and the operator informed me to find out when would be an appropriate occasion to call I did find out and called back but that evening I called back the operator could not authenticate me for some reason and I gave him everything listed on my account correct, so I waited until today Monday to call the risk department and of course in was authenticated for that call the operator informs me my direct deposit will be accessible the next day fishy I think I begin to tell her the situation and when it would be a perfect moment to call the endorser she takes down both numbers places me on hold and says the numbers were not verified I become confused, this individual has had the same number for like 3 years after talking with the representative more she exclaims another reason it couldn't be authenticated was because it was prepaid meaning metro boost etc wouldnt work I even offered her to call him while he is at work.So, Chase bank wants me to advise him he needs to set up service with AT&T or Verizon and his metro phone bill with his name on it is not going to work. At this point I'm pissed I cannot get my money can't walk in and close the account with chase ok them chase bank I'm going to exploit you for the dirty [censored] Bank you are im going to post and let everyone in America see why bits not a good idea to bank with the WITHOLDING KNIVING BANK you really are and at this point I'm done tired frustrated and really will never bank with Chase and refer anyone who reads this to discontinue your service before the bloodsuckers take and withhold what's legally yours too. Middle finger goes up I'm not very book smart and all, so I'm working to report this to every high elected official name I come across on the web never in all my life Banking did a branch say I could not receive what was available in my account!

Withholding my money

Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank

Chase bank protecting bank thief

4 Days ago, I got an email from Chase that my account was over drawn $8, 000.00! OK, so I thought this wa...

Service

Two mortgage payments were taken out of my checking account for several months this year, until I was notified by my bank that I had $25 left in my account. One was taken on the 1st of the month and then the second one was taken in the middle of month. Spoke to someone at bank and was supposed to receive the second payments within 5 working days. Got letter (see below). Went second time to bank saw Shawn (see below) and was told that I would get a check within 5 working days. Was told, loudly, that it was a mortgage problem. Called mortgage dept., will get check within 5 working hours. But, instead got the letter below!! Do you send employees to lying school?? Very disappointing!!

Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank

Got scammed by a company chase didn’t help

I was scammed on december 6 by mall kiosk workers called chase the next day since it was shady I told them my situation I was minding my own business when they asked me to buy their products I refused wouldn't take no for an answer and the dispute claims people didn't do anything to help shame on you guys for not protecting people especially when they need your help from these scammers

• Updated by Lulu568 · Dec 08, 2019

I called the dispute claims department I was upset since I had to pay 69.88 for a product that I was tricked into buying by a mall kiosk place called introstem a shady place that forces you to buy their products and doesn't allow returns but they don't tell you that until after you purchase their product called the dispute team the guy that picked up said if they said they can do refunds we can help otherwise we can't do anything I am going to leave chase bank I thought they cared about protecting people but no they are worse than the Shitty mall kiosk people at Tuttle mall

Short term disability

My name is Sally Bryant, standard id# R002682, dob 02-22-1955. I have Worked for Chase for 16 years come mid...

My account restricted then closed.

My name is Juan Monsivais. My email address is [protected]@gmail.com. I live in San Antonio Texas. I opened my account in Sept 6, 2019. I applied for a loan at Speedy Cash Loan which was given to me by my advisor for a educational loan. Next thing I know is that I get 2 deposits into my account but I have to return the money back. They said my credit score was going up but come to find out they were using my own checks in my name to get the money... I had no idea until my boss told me. I verified the deposit amounts and they are exactly what the checks were. I never signed the back of the checks, they had someone else signature... I dont know what to do... I desperately need help..I didn't know anything I just wanted to apply for a loan.. Please help me... My phone number is [protected]...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices