FISGlobal.com / Certegy

Level 27, 385 Bourke Street, Melbourne 3000, Victoria, Australia

Latin America and the Caribbean
1601 Sawgrass Corporate Pkwy, Suite 300, Sunrise, FL 33323, USA

Complaints & Reviews

tried to cash a state issued check.

I go to Shaw's ever month and cash a monthly state check. Today they refused to cash it and gave me a paper saying call Certegy Check Services.

I called, it is all automated and I still have no idea why it was refused. You never get to talk to a real person, you can give the automated system your information and they will mail you a credit report.

declined check

I was purchasing groceries at the Mariano's in Hoffman Estates, IL. on 12/28/19 at 02:20 p.m. I usually shop at Target and Jewel but for the holiday, I chose to shop at Mariano's. I only shop here once a year. I have never had a problem writing a check at Jewel or any other establishment. When I wrote my check for $181.84, I was told they could not accept my check and was given a receipt with an [protected] number to call or an email address of www.askcertegy.com to find out what the problem was. I chose to do the email and was informed that they were unable to tell me why they did not accept my check. This is so wrong on so many levels. I used my debit card from the same account and the purchase went through. Something should be done about this company. They are causing embarrassment to people for no good reason. I have read several of the complaints on line about these people for the same problem I encountered. Why are they allowed to still be in business?

check cashing

Went to Walmart to cash a payroll check never had a problem before they have me put my social security number in and check the check amount fee and then sign name . Then boom tell me can't cash a completely legitimate check give me a little receipt to call certegy for reason why this is absolutely outrageous the reason was the check number and the amount was to low and questionable ! Check number was 366 the amount was 129.00 since when does a payroll check number and the amount of check have to correspond this is ludicrous something needs to be done to CERTEGY this is not legal practice something is strange here they take all my info run the check threw have me accept and sign then deny for some outrageous reason unreal!

check declining services

10/09/19 I went to Lowe's in Consumer Square in Plattsburgh, NY and tried to buy a Lowes gift card for $150. Both of my checks from 1 from Champlain National Bank and 1 from Dannemora Credit Union.

I tried to contact a real person from this company and you cannot talk with anyone. I pay my Lowe's credit card with my checks from either one of these checking accounts and it's not a problem, but in store I can't. In front of at least 4 other shoppers. I looked like a fool trying to scam someone.
This is unacceptable to me and Lowe's doesn't seem to care either. I tried calling the store manager for assistance so I could cash a check. My solution is I will shop elsewhere whenever possible. My husband and I have spend thousands of dollars at this store and this kind of treatment is unacceptable and unfair.

declined check

My husband and I went in Kroger's on Saturday October 5th and we wrote a check for $228.30 for groceries. and the check was declined. Upon talking to the store manager we were told they are using a check verification service called Certegy. They gave me the phone number and I called them with a response that there was no derogatory information about our check and that we was declined due to my check writing profile. This experience of being turned down in a store full of people was very embarrassing for us. I was a regular customer with Kroger for over 15 years but I had always used our checking account but this time we used my husband's account and we get turned down. My husband and I are very upset and we will not be in Kroger or any other store with this verification company.

check declined

My check was declined at TJ Maxx. About 80% of the time I write a check to cover my purchase(s). I have sufficient funds to cover any check I write. The Store associate called CERTIGY but it I never talked to a real person! The reason given was because of my check writing profile! There's NO returned checks on my profile so what's the deal? I'm afraid to write checks now for fear of being embarrassed. THIS IS NOT RIGHT.

check writing authorization

I had no problem cashing checks at a local merchant.Dollar General. One day a check went thru on their machine but never went to the bank.Several days later tried to cash another check, denied. Called Certegy and gave them the referrence #. They said check was bad. Not the denied check but the one that was okayed by their machine. Bank stated that they never recieved that transaction. Come to find out, Dollar General's machine made a mistake. It put only a partial acct number down. plus where the check number is suppose to go, it put the missing part of the acct number. It didnt put the check number down at all. So check didn't go to bank.
Had to call collection agency with a phone number proveded by Certegy to get this fixed. Had to coordinate with bank and collection agency to have check paid. Cost me nothing but alot of my very expensive time. Anyways check was now paid for but it was at least another month not being able to cash checks!!! Finally the other day with Certegy's OK I was able to cash a check!!! Great!!! Short lived the very next day, today I was once again denied PERMISSION to cash a check by certegy! We need a list of all certigy's clientelle so as they can be boycotted!!!

check cashing issue

Twice I attempted to cash my financial aid check at a local Walmart. Both times I was denied and both times I had numerous problems ever reaching anyone at Certegy for an explanation. I end up in automated call center limbo with no answer.

Very frustrating. Also, I don't need a Walmart employee smirk to accompany my returned check, to be honest. The denial of payment comes pretty quickly, so it should be just as easy to get an explanation rather than being dismissed and treated like a criminal.

Certegycheck verification services; check writing

Certegy declined two checks written to lowes and I am a busness owner who writes business checks. There explanation was that I had written to many checks in a few weeks or they were out of sequence?? All my check cleared well before I attempted to write more (if that really matters) so I called the 800 number and ask why I was decling they said iwas or could be at risk... (risk of what) no answer just that it is company policy!!! So I gave the guy my personal account number and routing number he stated no negative transactions and should be good to go. I write a check from my personal account and it was declined.. I spent thirty minutes on the phone with a supervisor who stated the same thing. I asked what risk am I that all checks have cleared and was told my personal account was good then declined. I am so over this with lowes and whomever uses this company. They declined me because I write to many checks and yet they all cleared wtf is this. I was declined four years ago because the checks were out of sequence by numbers,??? Again wtf is this.. How is any of this a risk? Anyone else want to take this to court and see what can be done because I am in the process.

Certegy Check Services, Inc — declined check

My debit card chip was malfunctioning so I had to order a new debit card. While waiting for new card to arrive, I went shopping at FRY'S grocery store. Since i didn't have my...

check cashing

i was turned down to cash a check issued by rustoleum paint company as a refund for some issues i had while trying to use their products. they were very quick to reply and after i posted my receipts they promptly sent me a check for the full amount i paid.
i have been "cardless" and "bankless" for the past 15 years, meaning i dont have any credit cards in my name nor do i have any accounts with banks. I pay with cash and get treated like im a criminal. When I do want to make an online purchase i buy gift cards. I have a paypal account but wont even log onto their site anymore, that's another story in itself. Once in a blue moon I end up with random checks like this or from some class action suite (those sneaky F'ers now will issue checks for $4 several times making it worthless to even bother cashing them, talk about low life garbage lawyers and corporate greed at it's best) and when I try to cash them I have to put up with companies like this who deny my checks due to their having incorrect information logged on file with them?! So how do they get mismatched names, SS numbers and addresses for someone with a very uncommon name and the check itself shows my address and name, my drivers licence shows a picture of me, my name and address and my drivers number then I key in my SS number and they cant seem to be able to accept that its me? been living at the same address for 10 years and before that 1 address for another 10 years! Not like im moving around and have gone without an address for some time. I register my car and pay car insurance, pay utility bills for city waterand electric, pay Taxes on my property and get mail from my investment firm without questioning who i am. Last time I checked I had a 705 credit score (but still TMobile didnt really want me to continue service through them without a big deposit and I felt the same way about them since I wasnt even getting 1 bar of service at my home, but when I sent them an email asking to disconnect my service after 3 days, since I couldnt call I but could get on line through any available wifi hotspot, they failed to do so until a month later and sent me a $190 bill which I finally had them tear up for lying to me about their coverage) but that seems to mean very little in reality (go figure how that can be) when you arent allowing anyone to have direct access to money in real life.

Im thinking lack of bank accounts are why they turn down so many people, If I had a bank account why would I be needing to cash a check elsewhere at the cost of $4 per check when my bank can do it for free and sometimes by sending a picture of the check is all thats needed?

my car was paid in full with cash, my home is paid for, my bills are paid on time but I cant cash a $63.00 check anywhere (tried walmart and Frys grocery who has my information on file for the last 30 years) seems certigy has a tight grip on most businesses so all I need to know is who they arent affiliated with so I can just go to one of those places. I think it would be best to make a post showing other places that accepted your certigy denied checks so others can quit wasting their time looking and simply find a place from the non certigy list.

check cashing

621265 I also had to wait a couple of weeks, while the payroll people got their act together, in order to receive a paper check, instead of my normal direct deposit, which they...

certegy checks

Their system is screwed. I wrote a check at dollar general. Check was good but I was declined called 5 times to get my "report". Came in and low and behold I have no bad check...

check cashing at walmart

I had to do a 401k loan for part of my down payment on a new home. Needed to be able to get th cash quickly as it took longer than expected to receive the check. I've used walmart...

my check waz

621265 I have 3200 dollars check that eould not cash and women that waz doing it waz very dessreplew to me and everybody line she they did not cash a for that mush and so lie adked...

Certegy Check Services Inc — ralphs/kroger unable to proceed with my transaction in los angeles ca on venice blvd

Certegy Check Services decline my personal check through local bank for $100.51. The store manager at that time said that I could write the check for less money with no cash back...

check denied

Writing check to King Soopers in Broomfield, CO. on 7/12/18. Got check denied and had to call toll free number for Certegy check services. Who told me a check written 6/22/18 to PetSmart for $10.84 was not cleared. MY BANK CLEARED THE CHECK ON 6/28/18. Certegy opened a claim and gave me another toll free # to call. That call required me to give more personal information and still couldn't help but to write a dispute which could take up to 30 days to clear. Also I could not provide a copy of the cleared check via email had to find a fax machine and I could not conference in my bank on the call to clear this immediately. And then was told I wouldn't know if the dispute was cleared except by mail. So my checks will be denied by other merchants until Certegy clears UP THEIR PROBLEM!

• Ph
    phelix 2 Jul 17, 2018

On 07-12-2018 at Fred Meyers Store #458 located at 12906 Bothell-Everett Hwy, Everett Washington 98208 my wife wrote a check #7208 in the amount of $118.20. It was declined by your company. My wife has written checks at that store for the last 18 years. She has never bounce a check or had one returned. She called the phone number 1-866-0259 an automated answer only wanting all her personal information. Driver"s License, social security number date of birth, check routeing number. Could not get a real person. She refused an hung up. I her husband called an same thing, but I held the line open an after some time another automated voice sent me to an Operator. I then asked for a number of Certegy for a reall person an was given 1-866-740-3276. A real person answered an before I said anything said, what Vip Room or persons name was. Then said, this is a Casino. But would not tell me where. I have filled out a consumer complaint form an gave copy to a Mr Nick Fletcher Operations Manager at store #458 on 7-16-2018. My wife has wrote checks
    at our local Casino we go to an can write a check up to $5000.00 dollars. I have not mailed this Consumer complaint form as waiting to hear some follow by Mr. Fletcher of the Fred Meyer Store #458 to see if he can remedy this situation so that Store will not lose a valid custormore for the last 18 yrs. I am her husband I am a retired Law Enforcement Officer ovf over 27 years. I will pursue this to the FTC an Federal District Court an Kroger the owner of the Fred Meyers stores if have to . Certegy already has two past employees that stole millions of consumer ID from different stores. One in 2007 an then 3013 where Certegy had to pay $3'5 million for Consumers checks being declined. The wife at our Casino does not actually have to write a check out. She just gives them her Driver"s License an they give her the amount she wants up to $5000.00. The cashier at the Fred Meyers check out stand store #458. name was Nancy. I hope you have some one there in your company that will respond to me. my phone is 425-299-8715. e-mail [email protected] . Thank you Mr. Duane Sanford husband of Sherri A Wright born in 1951 . Our Adrs. is 4404 125th pl se Everett Washington 98208'

• Ph
    phelix 2 Jul 17, 2018

@phelix 2 REQUEST A RESPONSE FROM FRED MEYERS Portland Corp Office for west coast. Or Certegy itself.

check cashing at walmart

621265 Went to cash a check for 2000 at Walmart which is there limit and you denied it saying it was over there limit which it is not, now when I go to speak to agent which Walmart...

declined transaction

At Publix Super market my paycheck was denied. Woman at publix was very nice but they don't know why. so called cemetery (here after (wombat). OMG what a fubar! Dumputer only n and it spoke no American `Then when I got on line to ream them oureport the amount and type of data required to get a
report t is totally beyond reason suspect a serious lack of sense and dishonest intent with these folks fortunately I won't need them nor try to use
them nor do business with any company or person that does.

• Ju
    Judi Chesterfield Va Jun 01, 2018

I recently moved from NJ to Va. We thought we were doing the right thing by changing our banking needs to our new home and also our drivers licenses. I have been using checks forever to pay our bills . Here I can't find a grocery store, Pharmacy or department store to take my check. This is crazy. They say it is because we don't have a history. They can't tell us when we will establish an history. If you try to talk to a person about this they ask many personal questions including SS# and drivers license and bank account #. I refuse to give them any of this info. It isn't any of their business and how safe is this info on their hands. Talk about identity fraud we are making it very easy for them. Is this another way for BIG Brother knowing everything about us? Think about it. My husband and myself will be using cash not a Debit or Credit card. It seems that many places I use are connected with Certegy. If I can help it I won't be using these stores any longer. Its time for these stores to loose our business and see what the impact might be I will be putting a complaint in with the FTC

Certegycheck cashing

I have tried to use this company to cash payroll checks. It was hit and miss. Sometimes it would go through, sometimes not. Last year I started a new job and got my first 4 checks mailed to me. First check, cashed without issue. Second one, denied at the same Wal-Mart exactly two weeks later. Same amount, same company. I decided to try and see if i could figure out if certegy actually had any system for denying or approving checks. Checks 3 and 4 declined (same Wal-Mart, same day of the week, Saturday's around 2pm). Tax return, state accepted federal declined. Bankers check from my bank, approved. Opened a new bank account at different bank with only $100. I work at a print shop. Photoshopped a payroll check drawn from my account with a fake business name for $1, 000 printed on regular paper. Approved by certegy! So now, I do this once a month. I use different accounts from the same bank with the same fake company name. Sometimes I have to try two or three times to get a working account number, but it works. I go to different Wal-Mart's, but use my legal info to cash. I have now stopped after fleecing certegy of $10, 000. I hope certegy sees this and realized that they readily approve fraudulent checks, but deny legitimate ones. I hope someone else does what I did and takes as much from them as they can.

• Bi
    bill western Sep 14, 2018

I have been shopping at Publix in Alabaster, Alabama for many years, never had a problem using a check to pay for my groceries. Yesterday I followed my same routine, shopped at a couple different stores, wrote a check for my purchases, no problem. My final stop was at my local Publix, picked up what I needed and went thru the check out lane, and wrote a check like always, it was denied, I know the lady that told me this, so I thought she was joking, did not take long to fins out she was not joking. I gave her cash for the purchase and she gave me my check back. I visited my local bank today first thing, nothing wrong with my account, had the amount I was suppose to have. I went to Target and bought some things and wrote my check, no problem. So I decided to try Publix one more time, yep same result, my check was refused again, now how is this business practice allowed, Publix is a great store and I really like the employees and have been very satisfied with the products, but it is very humbling to have your check refused when you have more than enough money to cover the purchase. I feel someone needs to look into the methods they are using to refuse checks.

Certegy — declined checks for no reason

I was a victim of the Equifax data breach and put freezes on all my stuff. even spoke with several agents that checked my information just to find nothing. They repeatedly said it...

Certegy — denied a good check for no reason?

I have recently been denied twice trying to write checks at two different locations. Since the debit card was created we do not use checks at local places a lot but my debit card...

Certegy — unable to write checks after 40 years of having the same account and a credit rating of 834 of

Tried to write a check Dec. 7th for $523.19 at TJMaxx. Was declined with a basket of goods after shopping for 2 hours and waiting 20 minutes in line to pay. Was embarrassed of...

Certegy — check cashing

Certegy is the worst service ever. I tried to cash a 800.00 check and was declined at 2 different locations. When I tried to contact the company to find out the reason I couldn't...

Certegy — check cashing services/walmart money center

Walmart in prescott az would not cash my money order, which was bought and paid for 2 days prior at another walmart 5 miles away. Money orders are paid, there is no waiting for...

Certegy Payment Recovery Services — check cashing

I have tried at least 11 time to cash a check at walmart and have been declined every time. Certegy has every reason for the reason this happens, first its the check, then they...

Certegy — bad experience

same as others.. was at Wal Mart getting a few necessities and I had my paycheck with me (my new employer doesn't offer direct deposit). Figured I'd deposit it onto a...

Certegy — check cashing services

I tried to cash my check at Walmart as I have for the past 4yrs.but have been denied on 6/3 and on 6/18 by Certegy check cashing services, Inc.I'm disabled and receive S.S.I...

Certegy — wouldn't cash my check

Went to Macy's yesterday to buy some shoes amounting to $214.43. Certegy refused to authorize my check. I have excellent credit and have never bounced a check. Have now idea why...

Certegy — check verification

In 2005 while building my home, I wrote a check for $26, 000.00 to Home Depot for a truck load of building material. My check was declined by Certegy who was the company used by...

Certegy — won't resolve dispute with collecting unnecessary information

I had an ACH debit returned from a merchant because the merchant failed to change my billing information when I told them I had closed a bank account and instructed them to change...

Certegydeclined personal check

On 3/09/2016 I tried to make a purchase at Petsmart on Mason-Montgomery Rd, Cincinnati, Oh, the store where is usually buy dog products. The total was $59.74; I wrote my check. The check was declined. Not possible; I do not have bounced checks and money in the bank and excellent credit rating. The store (I talked with 3 people there) would not call my bank. They gave me a number to call to discover why the check was declined. There was a line of people behind me; I felt humiliated. I went directly to the bank. All was well there. I was told they had not had any check on my account. I called Petsmart's manager to inform him. HE again gave me the number to call. I called Certegy ([protected]) and was on hold half an hour. I finally got a person who would not tell me why the check was declined unless I gave her all my personal information beginning with driver's License. I was willing to give her the check info but she would not comply. My Reaction: who is Certegy. The person at my senator's office was unfamiliar. I had never heard of it. I did look on internet to see who they are. What gives them the authority to decline my check without any knowledge of who I am or how much I have in the bank? There are many complaints about them . Please, government, help your citizens and investigate this business.

Certegy — could not cash check because you told them that!

3021 Helmsman Management Services LLC They only told me to contact you. Check Number from left to right [protected] [protected] [protected] Bank of America Hartford Ct claim wc...

Certegy Payment Recovery Services — putting check through 3 months after being paid

on 9/11/15 my wife and i purchased a vehicle at pine belt cadillac in toms river nj we gave a check for $865.00 for the tax and title and registration when pine belt put the check...

Certegy.com — check services

On 11/17/2015 AT&T wouldn't take a check for a bill said certegy said it was me that was not good after calling I was told I was VIP ..lol. BUT THEY HAD TO GATHER ALL BANKING...

Certegy Check Services, Inc. — no services

On July 8th I and my wife tried to cash our federal income tax check (Joint check) at King Soopers and was told the could not cash it and gave me a slip of pre-printed paper with...

Certegy — checks declined no reason given

I sold 2 cell phones to uSell, an online recycling business. They sent me 2 checks one for each phone. I submitted them to my bank for processing and they were declined. Certegy...

Certegy — check not accepted

I wrote a check for gas at Maverik . Certegy would not except it. I have written over 5000 checks and never had one bounce. I tried to contact Certegy. I was put on hold for 30...

Certegy — certegy cost me $500 cash

On January 29, 2015 I paid for a $500 Moneygram money order as I have every month for the last four years at the Stuart, FL Walmart. Walmart associate Ashley misunderstood and...

Certegydeclining my check

I wrote a check at Academy Sports in Mt Juliet, Tennessee. It went through they give me back my check and my receipts. When I was balancing my account I noticed the check had not gone through after nearly 3 weeks. I called the store and they said everything was fine with them that they had gotten their money but gave me a number of a collection agency. When I called their they said I had a returned check which I did not think was possible because our account is set up to pull from savings if nothing is in checking. Come to find out Academy Sports sent my check through on the wrong account. Since then it has been a nightmare and I am afraid to try to write a check anywhere because I do not want it declined. I have called all the numbers that I have been given and the check I wrote at Academy Sports was sent through my bank by the collection agency and cleared. I called the number where they take that off your report after it has cleared and they tell me it was taken off but my check I wrote today was declined at Pet Smart. It is very embarrassing and I am going to take legal action against Certegy. I have always had good credit rating and I don't appreciate the hassle and the inconvenience it has caused me.