Menu

complaints

Booking.com Complaints Summary

124 Resolved
1527 Unresolved
Our verdict: If considering services from Booking.com with a critical resolution rate, extra caution is advised. Examine detailed customer feedback to understand the severity and nature of unresolved issues. Be prepared for the possibility of unsatisfactory responses and have contingency plans, including seeking assistance from consumer advocacy groups if necessary.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Booking.com has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Booking.com. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

Booking.com complaints 1651

Sort by:

Newest Booking.com complaints

Q
10:23 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I am writing this letter for a refund of my recent trip to Mexico through your agency. I addressed this briefly while down in Mexico at this so-called resort,. I claim both discrimination and disregard for an acknowledged, diagnosed disability. Plus seriously unacceptable accommodation as listed below. Further, a switch in my booking confirmed hotel and...

View 0 more photos
10:36 am EST

Booking.com Website not working properly

I have been trying to change two of my bookings dates, part of the problem is the calendar on the site is not the customary Sunday to Saturday layout. I have tried to change two bookings dates and the pink bar says contact property. I emailed the property and they said booking.com has to change it. Booking.com has gotten too big and is no longer functional. I am a Genius Level 3 on their site and it is no longer something I can rely on.

Claimed loss: Loss of time, loss of positivity toward planning a two month trip, loss of a tool I use for travel.

Desired outcome: I would like the website to work, the information to be accurate and stop the run around, go back to just hotels and have the site work well, I do not use Priceline, Expedia and now you are just like them.

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified Booking.com representatives only. If you are affiliated with Booking.com, please claim your business to access these details.

N
10:31 am EST

Booking.com A booking I need to change

I am highly upset about the fact that I cannot get through to Booking.com through there telephone number nor their email and I get the same response to emails which seems to be a generic email asking for information about the booking I need help with. Every time I dial the number it goes through and AI automated voice asking for the confirmation number and pin number of which when I type it in it just repeats the same thing over and over and does not put me through to anyone to speak too. When I send an email, I have no joy with that either I need to change dates for my booking as the dates are wrong and I can't even do that on the site or through the app I need customer service to help of which they are non-existent. I am now needing to spend an extra £80 to book directly with the hotel of which I will lose my £80 from my previous booking as there is no refund options. I am absolutely disgusted and cannot believe the level of service from such a large organisation.

Claimed loss: £80

Desired outcome: I would like some type of feedback and a refund purely on the basis that I couldn't even make the changes I needed to make due to their lack of customer service options.

Is Booking.com legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals Booking.com as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 7% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, Booking.com stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering Booking.com should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

Booking.com earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Booking.com achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for Booking.com. The company provides a physical address, 29 phone numbers, and 2 emails, as well as 5 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

Booking.com has received positive review on our site. This is a good sign and indicates a safe and reliable experience for customers who choose to work with the company.

Booking.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Booking.com website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Booking.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

Booking.com as a website that uses an external review system. While this can provide valuable feedback and insights, it's important to carefully evaluate the source of the reviews and take them with a grain of salt.

According to our analysis, Booking.com appears to be offering travel services on their website. While many travel companies are legitimate, it's important to be cautious and do your research before booking a trip to ensure that you are getting a good deal and not falling victim to a scam.

We looked up Booking.com and found that the website is receiving a high amount of traffic. This could be a sign of a popular and trustworthy website, but it is still important to exercise caution and verify the legitimacy of the site before sharing any personal or financial information

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While Booking.com has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 7% of 1651 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • Booking.com protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
  • We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to Booking.com. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
R
7:12 am EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Booking.com Not being able to speak to anyone at booking.com

I have been trying to contact booking.com and it is just impossible.

I have been trying to make a booking for Accommodation in Izmir Turkey - Facinating Sea Views & it allows me to fill in details & then when I get to filling in bank details it wont give me any selection for my card - visa & then I can go no further with my booking. So I dont have a confirmation no yet so cant phone on booking.coms no. & they say the email is no longer in use.

How do I get to speak to someone about this problem. Please help as I would like to book this accommodation.

Thanking you

P
12:58 am EST

Booking.com Flights

We booked flights from Perth (AUS) to Kuala Lumper, with Air Asia through Booking.com. When we arrived at the airport for our scheduled flight we found that the flight did not exist! We had to book alternative flights with another airline to make our connecting flight. Booking.com have refused to refund our money saying that we need to make a request to Air Asia, we did this but Air Asia have said that as we purchased the tickets through Booking.com (a third party) we need to get the money back from them. We have send multiple requests to Booking.com complete with screenshots from Air Asia saying they cannot process a refund as we booked through a third party. Booking.com keep saying the same thing to us and will not refund us. This has been going on since the 16th December 2023.

Claimed loss: $1350 AUD

Desired outcome: Refund flight cost

E
4:09 pm EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Booking.com Total filth this hotel should be condemned

110 east arbor rd Eden North Carolina. Econo Lodge. I booked through booking I am a member came here to visit family in the area. I have never stayed in such a round room in my life. It is totally disgusting. My bed spread on both beds have holes in them and the blankets I wouldn’t even let my dogs lay on EVER! The holes are huge pictures enclosed dingy towels filthy shower the hotel cares less. I made the issue to staff they don’t care. I paid in cash no refund too bad. Booking shouldn’t honor this fleabag which is exactly what it is not charge 118.00 a night loree graley customer 2/9-11/[protected]

Desired outcome: Refund

M
5:43 am EST

Booking.com A booking that I had

I had made a reservation at the YOTEL in Argyll Street in Glasgow for Friday 2nd & Saturday 3rd February. I did not take the cancellation fee as there was ABSOLUTELY NO WAY that we were not going to be requiring the accommodation. Unfortunately as the occupants for this accommodation were travelling from one of the Scottish Island the airplane did not make the journey so therefore they were unable to come to the mainland . I did send a message on that afternoon about this but I did not receive a reply...

I am aware that I did not take the cancellation fee but I do feel that under the circumstances that there could have been some "goodwill".

I would be very reticent to go through booking .com again [which I have used a lot over the years] due to this disappointing incident.

The booking number was [protected] at a cost of £206.55.

I would be very much appreciate a reply.

Best Regards. Mrs Walsh

Desired outcome: A reply would be appreciated

B
8:01 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My name is Bhavika Katariya and I am a student in JLU Giessen, Germany. I have booked a Vistara air ticket from Frankfurt to Mumbai round trip 40-[protected] (14 Dec 2023- 03 Jan 2024) via booking.com. Airline cancelled my ticket on 10th Dec because of their technical issue and a refund was processed to the booking.com team on 12th Dec 2023. Travel agency ha...

A
1:31 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Customer reference number, 40-[protected]. Good Morning, This is Adam Everitt. I have been a long-time faithful customer with Booking.com. I had to cancel my Flight from Honolulu to Manila on 03 September 2023 Customer reference number, 40-[protected]. I worked with Philippine airlines to get the refund and eventually they agreed because of the nature of...

6:14 am EST

Booking.com Customer services

Contacted customer services to say we had been charged for a pet we don't have and would they refund. Told we had to send proof of payment which is not due for 4 days. Really unhelpful, very difficult to understand and felt like they really didn't care or try and help.

I would expect better from a companies customer services and an completely unhappy with having to provide invoices when its booking.com job and surely they already have that, absolutely ridiculous.

Claimed loss: £30.00 refund

Desired outcome: Refund £30.00 and improve customer services

A
11:55 am EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Booking.com Bad customer service...they just dont care

I had such a horrible experience with booking.com this past vacation that I would def not be booking with them ever again!

We drove 16 hours to our destination with 3 kids just to get there and find out that booking OVERBOOKED us.

I tried calling and they said I should start the process of relocating. So I did. This was around 8:30 pm….at MIDNIGHT I had nothing! No one would do anything, all the representatives from out of USA, WOULD DO NOTHING! Jjust tell me to wait for the email with a list of properties for me to choose from. Its been 7 days I did not get that email!

By midnight I was driving around looking for hotels ON MY OWN because of a booking.com mistake! I finally found one but it ended up costing double what I had pay to booking.com

This ruined out first day, our kids were miserable after a long day driving, our budget the trip was ruined and booking.com DON’T EVEN CARE! They will never see my money again…..

N
2:12 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Really disappointing experience that requires a senior bookings.Com to take charge of liwith a confirmed booking ~ checked at the time of the following event with booking.Com ~ the manager spoke to booking.Com and told her that they [hyatt] had cancelled the reservation - unilaterally. Before that, the manager, charlie rubalcava treated the situation a...

L
3:46 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Dear Sir/Madam: We are partners with a rental property under the name Serenity by the Sea, ID No.: 9425780, located on the Island of Bonaire at the Sand dollar Condos. As such, we have been trying for months now to inform your company that the individual who opened the account, and who is NOT the legal owner of the property, and who has been collecting...

J
12:38 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have tried to register to booking.com as a property owner. I saw the mock ad at first but I was not done fixing my advertisement. Then on another date, when I tried to log in again to complete the creation of my profile, I could not log in. The username and passwords were not working. I tried several times to contact them but they only have the automated...

View 0 more photos
Y
11:41 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I never received any information from Booking.com or Royalton Splash Riviera Cancun about their 14-day cancellation policy. If I had received correspondence about their 14-day cancellation policy from Booking.com or from Royalton Splash Riviera Cancun, I would have cancelled before the deadline; or in my case, I would have requested that the trip be...

L
10:37 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

While booking for an attraction from Booking.com app on an iPad, the page refreshed back to the cart without giving a confirmation that the booking was done. This made me do the booking twice and both the times I did not get the confirmation page from the app. However, the next day I realised that my money was deducted twice from my account and two ticket...

8:01 pm EST

Booking.com Confirmation received but no booking by the property

I made a booking as early as April 23 on the Booking.com platform and was dully sent the confirmation thereof, after enquiring with the property I was informed that the property could not confirm the booking as it seemed that their (booking.com) platform was used fraudulently to list an existing property, therefore the real property had no record.

My real frustration is that booking.com is stringing me along making all kinds of promises (it’s being investigated, I will accomdated etc)

It’s now 3 Dec and no response from them.

[protected] Booking number

Pathetic service in resolving problems.

Claimed loss: I need my booking

Desired outcome: Accommodation to be honoured , booking.com to take responsibility and admit that there’s a problem , instead of avoiding

12:35 am EST

Booking.com Mis sold an apartment

I booked an apartment named Hyde Residences in Pattaya, Thailand through Booking dot com

The advert said wifi is free of charge yet upon arrival we was advised it was basic wifi only and we had to pay additional fees of around 400 baht per week to upgrade.

After checking the apartment policies these additional fees were not mentioned anywhere.

We decided that we felt we could not trust this apartment and so we found somewhere else and left.

They refused for some time to give us our deposit back (we did eventually get that back) however to date we still lost £281 for the two week stay which we didn’t proceed with.

We have exhausted with booking com as we either get generic messages or they say the terms and conditions mean we don’t get our money back.

Technically the terms and conditions I feel have been breached as we were mis sold a property.

I don’t think I’ll be using them ever again not that they care.

Claimed loss: £281

Desired outcome: I want them to get the money back from the host or take the hit financially.

Update by Katy Andrews
Dec 02, 2023 12:35 am EST

Please help

J
10:08 am EST

Booking.com Paiement supplémentaire pour la location de voiture

J'ai réservé une voiture (C4 grand picasso) via Booking.com à LIsbonne.

J'ai payé pour cela 245.93 € 197.28 de location + 48.65 d'assurance complémentaire) à Booking. Lorsque nous avons pris la voiture à la coompagnie OK Mobility à Lisbonne, il m'a fallu payer 451.95 € (ok premium cover, fuel charge, etc). Je pensais avoir payé la location.

D'autre part nous avons eu une Dacia Logdy à la place d'une C4 Gran Picasso Citroen et enfin la caution de 200 € a été débitée.

Desired outcome: Remboursement de la caution et de la somme payée à OK Mobility

T
2:18 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Greetings, My name is Debra Engel and I live in Victoria Australia. My phone number is [protected] My booking was a nightmare and Booking.com agreed to refund me the full amount of 384.80 Euros. (Refer email from them below) I have had numerous emails, they even gave mean ARN number for my bank. ARN 15425953249002862360155. My credit card number end...

Read full review of Booking.com
How to file a complaint about Booking.com?

1. Log in or create an account: Ensure you are logged in to your ComplaintsBoard.com account to proceed. If you do not have an account, please register by providing the required information and verifying your email address.

2. Navigating to the complaint form: Once logged in, locate the 'File a Complaint' button situated at the top right corner of the website and click on it to access the complaint form.

3. Writing the title: In the 'Complaint Title' field, concisely summarize the main issue you have encountered with Booking.com. Make it specific and clear, such as "Overcharged for Hotel Stay" or "Reservation Not Honored at Check-in".

4. Detailing the experience: In the complaint details section, provide a thorough description of your experience. Include key areas such as:

• The nature of your booking (hotel, flight, car rental, etc.)
  • Details of the problem encountered (incorrect charges, poor customer service, etc.)
  • Any correspondence or interactions you had with Booking.com's customer service
  • Steps you have taken to resolve the issue with Booking.com and their responses
  • The personal impact of the issue, such as inconvenience, financial loss, or stress
  • Relevant dates and times of your booking and the issue
  • Confirmation numbers or reservation details

Be as specific as possible to give a clear understanding of the situation and why you are dissatisfied.

5. Attaching supporting documents: Attach any relevant documents or evidence that supports your complaint, such as receipts, confirmation emails, or correspondence with the company. Do not include sensitive personal information like credit card numbers or passwords.

6. Filling optional fields: Use the 'Claimed Loss' field to indicate any financial losses you have incurred due to the issue. In the 'Desired Outcome' field, specify what resolution you are seeking from Booking.com, whether it's a refund, an apology, or another form of compensation.

7. Review before submission: Carefully review your complaint for clarity, accuracy, and completeness. Ensure that all the information provided is correct and that your desired outcome is reasonable and clearly stated.

8. Submission process: After reviewing your complaint, click the 'Submit' button to file your complaint on ComplaintsBoard.com. Ensure that you have filled in all the necessary fields and attached any supporting documents.

9. Post-Submission Actions: After submitting your complaint, monitor your ComplaintsBoard.com account for any responses or updates. You may receive feedback from other users or even from Booking.com representatives, so it's important to stay engaged and respond if necessary.

Overview of Booking.com customer experience

Booking.com has received numerous complaints from consumers regarding their services. Customers have reported issues with inaccurate pricing, hidden fees, and poor customer service. Many have also expressed frustration with the lack of transparency in the booking process, as well as difficulty in canceling reservations. Additionally, some users have reported fraudulent activity on their accounts, leading to unauthorized charges. Overall, these negative experiences have left many customers feeling dissatisfied and distrustful of Booking.com.

Frequently asked questions (FAQ) about Booking.com

Expand Collapse all
Is Booking.com a legitimate website for booking accommodations?

Yes, Booking.com is a legitimate website, providing a platform for users to book accommodations, flights, car rentals, and other travel services.

Can I trust Booking.com with my personal information?

Booking.com has security measures in place to protect user data, but it's always a good idea to read their privacy policy to understand how your information is used.

Are the reviews on Booking.com genuine?

Most reviews on Booking.com are from verified guests who have completed their stay, but as with any platform, it's important to read multiple reviews to get a well-rounded understanding.

Do the prices on Booking.com match the actual costs of accommodations?

Booking.com aims to provide accurate prices, but it's still important to double-check the final price, taxes, and fees during the booking process.

How reliable is Booking.com's customer service?

Booking.com offers customer support through various channels, but individual experiences may vary. Be sure to check online reviews for a better understanding of customer satisfaction.

Are the pictures and descriptions of accommodations on Booking.com accurate?

Property owners and managers provide the photos and descriptions, so while Booking.com attempts to ensure accuracy, it's always best to research the property independently as well.

Can I get a refund or modify my reservation on Booking.com?

Cancellation and modification policies vary by property and booking. Check the specific terms and conditions for each reservation.

Are the special deals and discounts on Booking.com legitimate?

Deals and discounts on Booking.com are generally legitimate, but be sure to read the terms and conditions to understand any restrictions or limitations.

Will Booking.com charge hidden fees during or after the booking process?

Booking.com displays all mandatory fees during the booking process, but additional charges, such as local taxes, may apply depending on the property.

Can I trust Booking.com with my credit card information?

Booking.com uses secure technology to protect your credit card information, but it's always a good idea to monitor your statements for any suspicious activity.

Is Booking.com affiliated with any reputable organizations?

Booking.com is part of Booking Holdings Inc., a reputable global online travel company that also owns Priceline, Agoda, and Kayak.

How long has Booking.com been in business?

Booking.com was founded in 1996, and has since grown into a well-established online travel agency.

Are there any known scams associated with Booking.com?

Like any online platform, Booking.com may occasionally be targeted by scammers. It's crucial to be vigilant and report any suspicious activity to their customer service.

Is Booking.com's mobile app safe to use?

The Booking.com mobile app is considered safe, but always download it from official app stores and read reviews to ensure you have the genuine app.

How does Booking.com handle disputes between guests and property owners?

Booking.com offers support for resolving disputes, but the extent of their involvement depends on the specific circumstances.

Does Booking.com have a loyalty program, and is it worthwhile?

Booking.com offers a loyalty program called Genius, providing benefits such as discounts and perks. Users should evaluate if the program suits their travel needs.

Are the star ratings on Booking.com reliable?

Star ratings on Booking.com are generally reliable, but it's still important to read reviews and research the property for a comprehensive understanding.

Does Booking.com guarantee the lowest prices for accommodations?

Booking.com offers a price-match guarantee for certain bookings. Be sure to read their terms and conditions for more information.

How can I contact Booking.com, a trusted online travel agency, for assistance with bookings or inquiries?

Need assistance with your bookings or have inquiries? Contact Booking.com at +44 203 320 2609 or +1 888 850 3958. Their helpful customer support team is ready to assist you with your travel needs.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Booking.com contacts