Guest Reservations Logo

Guest Reservations

Having problems with Guest Reservations?

Guest Reservations reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Apr 9, 2019. The latest review Hotel reservation was posted on Sep 28, 2021. Guest Reservations has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 21 reviews. Guest Reservations has resolved 0 complaints.

Guest Reservations Customer Service Contacts

4023 Kennett Pike № 53238
Wilmington, Delaware
United States - 19807-2018

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Guest Reservations Customer Service. Initial Guest Reservations complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Guest Reservations above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Guest Reservations. Discuss the issues you have had with Guest Reservations and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Guest Reservations Complaints & Reviews

Guest ReservationsHotel reservation

This company is SCAMMING PEOPLE in the way it operates, their website is cloned to look exactly like the official hotel website for whichever hotel you are looking to book and show a very attractive headline rate.
However when you come to make the booking they add on additional charges, in my case 40%, and although you can see this if you look very carefully before making payment it's easy to miss it. I did miss the additional charges and authorised payment with my debit card which would normally require verification but they managed to find a way round this.
In addition the advertised rate included breakfast but when I received my confirmation there was no mention of a free breakfast so I contacted customer support (5 or 6 times now) and despite proving the deal should include breakfast they simply ignore the fact and provide some meaningless response just to close the complaint.

DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS BOOKING AGENCY THEY ARE A BUNCH OF CON ARTISTS.

Hotel reservation
Hotel reservation

Guest ReservationsTaxes and Fees

I had been standing by on flights for 3 days, 12 hours a day in the airport, when I went to rebook the hotel room at Hampton Inn near the airport in St. John's, having been unable to get on once again. I was completely exhausted and stressed out, and thought I was booking on the hotel's website. I went through and saw the fare would be the same as the other nights I had stayed at that hotel. When I saw the charge on my bank account I was floored. $94 in taxes and fees on a $149 hotel room is beyond ridiculous. Had I known this would happen, I most definitely would not have used guestreservations.com, and only did so by error. Not only that, but I couldn't cancel the reservation because it's non-refundable with the site, unlike every reputable reservation site out there, including the hotel's. I'm thoroughly disgusted by this, feeling like I have been taken advantage of 100%.

Taxes and Fees

Guest ReservationsHotel reservation

On Aug 18, 2021, at approximately 7:30 pm CDT I was on the Hilton site to make a reservation at the Hilton Embassy Suites. While on the Hilton site I received a screen pop-up which implied that I could continue making my reservation by clicking on the pop-up. Assuming that it was a companion site to Hilton for entering the reservation, I clicked on the pop-up and was directed to the alternate site and completed the reservation. I received a confirmation email at 7:49 pm. It was for conf. # [protected]. I immediately realized that I had made a mistake on the date of the reservation and went into the site and Cancelled it. I received an email confirming the cancellation at approx 8:12 pm.The wording of this email implied, at least to me, that the cost that had been charged would be credited to my credit card. The charge was for $409.30. After two weeks and no refund had been credited to my credit I started investigating and found out they had a policy of no refunds.

Respond

Guest ReservationsCredit adjustment on prepaid booking

Prepaid for hotel booking Aug 2-Aug 6th for my employee traveling from Florida to Nashville and charged the room on my Discover card. Conf #R2675119707. Our employee arrived 1 day later Aug 3 - due to airline strikes. Hampton Inn was notified of the change in dates. After stay the hotel bill came to $500.00 incl tax and service fees. It has taken me several phone calls, and 1 1/2 hrs online to finally reach a customer service representive who then had to transfer me to another customer service rep, only to be told that there are cancellation fees...I am expecting a credit back on my Discover card in the amount of $435.

Respond

Guest ReservationsOvercharge and suspected credit card use

I had the same experience as many other people, including a cloned website and the surprise overcharge for "tax recovery and service fees" of $169.52.
          The more significant problem is that immediately after I made my reservations, several attempts were made to use my credit card, bank account and Amazon account. Luckily, these institutions caught the intrusions and notified me. Now, in addition to spending more that I anticipated, I had to spend time changing login information for several financial sites. Coincidence? I think NOT.
          Since I am usually cautious about online transactions, I am upset that I fell for this scam. It is all well designed to fool the customer into thinking it's authentic and reasonable. Despicable.

Guest ReservationsBooking the hotel

Guestreservation.com practice unethical déceptions to say the least. They do not disclose 60% of the price of the room booking fees. They mimic original hotel website, so you do not even know you are on middleman' platform. They limit the time your price I'd valid, making you to rush to the payment, and you see those 60% booking fees only after you click Confirm.
            Beware!

• In
                Ingrid Patois Aug 18, 2021

Yes that is exactly what happened to me. I thought I was on the hotel website not some third party booking site!!!

Guest ReservationsImmediate charge to my credit card for hotel stay 5 months in advance

Our niece is getting married 9/19/21. The hotel venue, Madison Beach, they chose is totally booked that weekend. The front desk redirected us to Comfort Inn nearby. I used my Chase credit card to book the reservation. R [protected]. They added $130 to the rack rate for things like housekeeping, taxes, and fees. Traditionally, that's part of the hotel's rack rate. You cannot reach a person with this company. There seems to be a little recourse. Let's hope the room is decent.

Guest ReservationsMisleading websearch, outrageous fees

This company which is the same as Getaroom.com must pays some big bucks to have their company's misleading ads to pop up first on duckduckgo when searching for a specific hotel. I searched for "Red Roof Inn Helen GA" while on the road and the first thing that popped up was "redroofinnhelen.guestreservations.com" which makes it appear to be the actual hotel site. After booking 2 rooms for the night of 10 April we got to the hotel and noticed we'd been charged almost 170.00 for "Tax Recovery Fees" or about 1/3 of the the total what the red roof inn would have charged for the rooms. We spoke with Red Roof Inn manager and corporate and they said that this unfortunately happens a lot and they have tried unsuccessfully to stop this from occurring. This company charges outrageous fees hoping to scam travelers out of their money before no one will notice until it is too late.

• Ro
                    Robert Soneira Apr 15, 2021

You’re absolutely right! Our only niece postponed her wedding from March 2020 to Sept. 2021. The hotel they chose was all booked up for that weekend. We were redirect it to this site; it looks legitimate. They posted approximately 1/3 more to the rack rate for things like housekeeping, taxes, and fees. I spent 18 years at a large mid-town NY hotel’s Front Office and in operations. That’s not how it works anywhere on this planet. Thats not all; they charged the credit card Immediately.
                    You can’t reach a human being when you call.
                    The Better Business bureau should investigate them and close them down

Feb 24, 2021

Guest Reservations — Pricing strategy and clarity

Feel cheated and stupid I didn't notice ridiculously high service charge amounting to 78% on top of the...

Guest ReservationsRefusing to amend booking date

Booked a room on the 11th June2020 to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn, Birmingham UK believing I was on the genuine Hilton site. Due to Corvus-19 I needed to amend booking from 6th December 2020 to 6th April 2021. I tried to do this(3rdSept) via the Guest Reservations website but they emailed (Customer Care and Escalations) me saying that due to the hotels cancellation policy I could not do this. I sent a further email on the 8th September stating that this was not the hotel's current policy but there has been no response. I sent a follow up message to their Customer Care and Escalations yesterday (17th September) and, as yet, no reply. I have spoken directly with the hotel in Birmingham who have confirmed that a booking does exist In my name but any amendment must go through Guest Reservations. What now?

Sep 13, 2020

Guest Reservations — Refusal to consider

On 12 september 2002 I made a reservation to the days inn in perryville missouri arriving the 18th and...

Sep 12, 2020

Guest Reservations — I thought I was booking a hotel room with the hilton garden inn

I booked a room online with Hilton Garden Inn. I paid with a credit card online for 2 nights, September 12...

Jul 04, 2020

Guest Reservations — Hotel booking in Uk

Hello, I have been unfortunate enough to book through this company (completely accidentally as they have a...

Guest ReservationsRefund not received

A hotel booking was made for 25th April 2020 in February.
                    Due to Covid 19 restrictions, the hotel said they would refund the cost of the room. The money has been refunded to the agent, but has not been passed onto me.
                    I would like the money owed to be returned to my card.

Many thanks

Guest Reservationshotel booking

Hello, I have had the same problem. I had searched for a hotel in Piraeus and when a hotel with the same name popped up I presumed it was from my previous search. However this was for a hotel in Athens ( with the same name )and as soon as I had paid I realised my mistake. I contacted the hotel directly but they have told me that no reservation has been made. I have paid over £100 and cannot seem to recover it. It was a genuine mistake that I thought I could rectify in minutes but has now dragging on since the 26th January
                      I feel that I have been scammed and have tried to get a refund.

The confusion number is R1853115899
                      You will notice that I cancelled immediately as it was a genuine mistake, i should get a refund. Again, the hotel has no record of this transaction and say they cannot do anything to help

Jan 29, 2020

Guest Reservations — misleading advertising

The paid search results and url extensions for this business are extremely misleading. When searching on...

Jan 23, 2020

Guest Reservations — outrageous hotel reservation tax recovery charges and service fees

January 20, 2020, I went online to book a room at the Hampton Inn Suites, South Park, Charlotte, NC. I...

Dec 28, 2019

Guest Reservations — hotel reservations

I would like to start out by saying I NEVER book ANYTHING through a third party site. So when I booked hotel...

Sep 04, 2019

Guest Reservations — hotel reservation

I am writing this letter regarding a hotel reservation Confirmation R1617588 with guest reservations.com On...

GuestReservations & GetARoomhotel booking

Guestreservations.com practices deceptive trade practices. They purchase web addresses that mimic actual hotel websites so that consumers believe they are dealing directly with the hotel. They misquote rates and charge exorbitant booking fees. Finally, they do not disclose that the rate is nonrefundable. In my case, I specifically told the agent on the phone that my plans may change and that I may need to cancel my reservation at the hampton inn in napa and was told that I would be able to cancel up to 48 hours before the check in date. However, this was not the case - the reservation was nonrefundable. The service rep I complained to states that at the end of the call I was asked if I agreed to the terms and conditions - the t&cs have to be accurately relayed before I can be bound to them. These folks are clearly deceptive.

• He
                            Helen Kalevas Jan 23, 2020

I had exactly the same experience! See my review posted Jan 23, 2020.