Menu
Expedia Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Expedia
reviews and complaints

www.expedia.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

4.3 8272 Reviews

How responsive is Expedia's customer service?

108 Resolved
1293 Unresolved
Very poor 🤒
We don't know much about how Expedia handles customer complaints outside ComplaintsBoard, but what we see here, on our website, is quite disappointing. We think there might be reasons for the company's actions (like not knowing about the complaints), and we would be happy to see them among customer-focused businesses that easily solve customer problems. But until that happens, we ask reviewers to be cautious when dealing with Expedia and using their services, and to carefully read the experiences of other customers on ComplaintsBoard, because who is warned is armed, you know! 💪
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Expedia has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
Write a review File a complaint

Expedia reviews and complaints 1469

Newest Expedia reviews and complaints

10:27 am EDT

Expedia Recent motel stay

Re: Itiniery [protected]

Please help us understand why we were mislead with the cost and the room that we stayed at on March 28 2024 in Jasper. Alberta We booked the room for 96.00 CAD. We got charged 179.00 CAD for a room that didn't resemble the actual room to the room we saw on your website. The room we got was not nearly close to the one advertised and find this very misleading. We believe you charged us for a completely different location. On the website it is still showing 96.00 CAD for the Tonquin Inn. At first we thought it was a deposit we had to pay but have not received any refund.

It was not worth the money taken from our credit card. I would never have booked that room for that money. I have not had any issues with Expedia until now and I use this to book all my hotels. Please look into this and advise on how you will proceed to rectify this major error as it looks like you charged us for another room (location)

Thank you Luka Katchutas and Mira Skara Katchutas

Claimed loss: If you require the photos of the place we stayed at vs the ones posted on your website please let us know

Desired outcome: refund of the extra charges

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified Expedia representatives only. If you are affiliated with Expedia, please claim your business to access these details.

12:10 pm EDT

Expedia WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER

Very bad experience dealing with expedia to book an all inclusive vacation. I will book directly with the vacation provider the next time. I never received a confirmation email once I booked... So when I submitted a request to be contacted by customer service for a problem involving ''vacations'' and ''itinerary'' I was contacted by one Stephen who told me he couldn't locate my reservation and was told to call sunquest directly. Upon doing so I was told that having booked with expedia they were to send the the documentation and itinerary... The individual at sunquest was gracious enough to provide the itinerary number which wasn't even her prerogative. Upon calling expedia at the number they had contacted me from which I presumed was the correct number to address a vacation package itinerary issue the gentleman namely Stephen accused me of not having booked with expedia, when clearly, I was dead sure I had. I provided him with countless bits of information which he couldn't use to locate my reservation, finally I did a conference call between a reluctant Stephen and Sunquest to sort out the matter... Finally the polite individual at Sunquest explained that since the package was booked on expedia it was their responsibility to provide the itinerary and necessary documents... Stephen attempted to brush me off by giving me the number to call and I requested for him to warm transfer me over to the right department... After 15 minutes on hold, I was cold transferred to one Ray from the EXPEDIA TD VISA REWARDS DEPARTMENT... At the very least Ray stayed on the line with me and transferred me to the right place where one Allison accused me of not dialing the right number and not reaching the right department and not having a reservation code... Being frustrated as one can imagine I explained for the 6th time that I never received a confirmation email with the booking code and therefore was unable to provide this confirmation code when I requested that the VACATIONS department contact ME for a question concerning my ITINERARY. Furthermore Allison told me she was unable to compensate me for my time and stress after over 5h of back and forth calling between expedia departments and sunquest vacations... She finally sent me my itinerary with my documents after being on the phone from 7:20 till 11:40 am less than 18 hours before my flight... I asked to be transferred to her manager and asked for her to explain my situation to her... When I was transferred I asked one Evelyn if Allison had provided her a brief synopsis of my frustration... She answered yes, Allison told me you called the wrong department... I was livid, not only are expedia employees not equipped to handle a simple customer request they belittle and take their customers for a fool... Once again I explained to Evelyn that upon making a vacation itinerary request from customer service on expedia.ca I was contacted FROM EXPEDIA concerning my issue... I was told TWICE to call the vacation provider being accused of NOT BOOKING WITH EXPEDIA... Finally when performing a conference call with Sunquest and Expedia I was transferred to TD REWARDS VISA EXPEDIA VACATIONS before FINALLY being transferred to the right department being accused of not proving the right information and not being able to select the right department from the call number... The manager Evelyn didn't seem to understand my frustration of over 5h of arguing on the phone retelling my situation to over 6 people and being accused of not booking with expedia when clearly my credit card was charged and I never received a confirmation email. Finally when I asked what could be done for compensation Evelyn had the nerve to ask why I deserved compensation... Expedia customer service does not value the well being of their customers. I was offered a 25$ voucher for expedia, I told her it wasn't enough and she launched an investigation to see what other compensation might be considered... I have lost confidence in expedia, I was taken for a fool by most staff members... The only competent employees I spoke to were the two from Sunquest and Ray from TD VISA EXPEDIA VACATIONS who wasn't even from the same departments... Very sad experience with expedia... I am only glad I received my itinerary and documents and will not have to deal with them in the future... I booked with expedia to receive the expedia points but I would have booked and will book directly with Sunquest in the future to avoid being hassled, belittled, and accused of being dense from expedia customer service.

9:34 pm EDT

Expedia Refund experience

Our first time using this type service, we booked a hotel with the agent but were not told they would charge our credit card within 24 hrs. They did so I phoned back explaining we were not informed of this and would like to cancel and get a full refund only to be told there was a $20 administration fee. Weren't told about that either... sigh.
After several back and forth emails we ended up getting the full refund so all in all we were treated fairly. So Please be aware that you will be paying for their service within 24 hrs. We found this unacceptable simply because we seldom/never use our credit card to purchase, it serves to "hold" said service till we pay via cash, debit etc UPON arrival. Buyer beware right, my beef remains the fact this (and the NON refundable "administration" fee) was never divulged during the phone conversation and the fact that our stay was 10 or so days away. So they take your money today even though you might be months away from the actual stay/flight etc. Sorry Expedia this is not how I do business. We will not be using them again.

Is Expedia legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals Expedia as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 7% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, Expedia stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering Expedia should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

Expedia earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Expedia achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for Expedia. The company provides a physical address, 35 phone numbers, and 2 emails, as well as 6 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

Expedia has received 32 positive reviews on our site. This is a good sign and indicates a safe and reliable experience for customers who choose to work with the company.

Expedia has claimed the domain name for expedia.com for a long time, which suggests that the website is established and has a history of being in operation. This is a positive sign, as it indicates that the website has been around for a while and may have a reputation to maintain.

Expedia.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

We looked up Expedia and found that the website is receiving a high amount of traffic. This could be a sign of a popular and trustworthy website, but it is still important to exercise caution and verify the legitimacy of the site before sharing any personal or financial information

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While Expedia has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 7% of 1401 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to Expedia. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
  1. Pros
    3. Limited loyalty program benefits
    4. Customer service can be inconsistent
7:32 pm EDT
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Expedia Fast, easy, great prices and very friendly and helpful

Fast, easy, great prices and very friendly and helpful customer service. I fly a lot and I have tried many websites before but this one by far is the best.

I

Expedia Stayed at grand sirens at Punta cana

All the staff a 5 star review.also my main contract reminded of transportation. Expedia didn't motion it and should. I would stay there again in a heartbeat

T

Expedia Full Refund

I booked a hotel with Expedia.ca.(Residence Inn Gravenhurst)
It was initially for 7 nights.
It was raining, so after 4 nights we checked out early. I requested a full refund for the remaining 3 nights.
They agreed and said there will be no penalty.
I called when I got home, they were waiting for the O. K. from the hotel.
They even send me an email to let me know that I will get a FULL refund.
Everybody that I was dealing with was very professional and I got exceptional customer service. Special thanks to Kate for the email and receipt.
I used Expedia.ca in the past for flights and vacations and I will use them again.

Marcel in Kitchener, ON

W

Expedia Excellent customer service

My husband crashed his foot after I've purchased an unrefundable 5-star resort. Although I knew it's unrefundable, I tried to explain our misfortune to Expedia. My phone call was answered in a few seconds. The representative Joe was sympathetic and told me to hold on line while he was making a phone call to the hotel. Few minutes later he told me the hotel was willing to fully refund me. Then he sent me a cancellation confirmation to me. Right away. Next day I found a full refund was credited back to my account. It's a big relief, especially in a stressful period. I appreciate Joe's thoughtful and capable services. And I will be a loyalty to Expedia.

T

Expedia Refunds and Customer Service

If you are tired of being hung out to dry by online agencies when things go wrong, Expedia is the agency for you.
I have dealt with agencies like Priceline in the past and found myself in a shoe-box of a room in Rome that was far from what I was promised with no help from that agency. On the other hand, I booked through Expedia a few years ago and had a similar experience with a European hotel. One call to Expedia and they not only rectified the situation but refunded my total hotel cost as a good will gesture.
Yesterday, I had to cancel a hotel booking I made in Mexico through Expedia. To my delight, my payment was credited to my credit card in less than 24 hours.
This company clearly puts it's customers first! It is my go-to online agency.

F

Expedia Trip to Jamaica total disaster

Expedia doesn't have any idea of what they sell!
Back in March of 2023 my wife & I were lining up a trip for my sons college graduation which would probably be the last trip we would all take together.
1st we tried Priceline that was a disaster because they booked the same trip flight hotel & all twice (2 times).
I guess they thought I was bring along a set of clones or something.
I went through hell getting my money back after emailing the CEO daily.
Okay back to Expedia:
1st they got my wife's last name wrong not once but twice. It didn't match her passport so she wouldn't be able to get through customs.
I ended up booking her flight myself with the airline.
2nd I requested a ground floor beach view (I paid extra for that because my wife is disabled) I verified it with Expedia & called the hotel to verify the same. The Royal Decameron Montego Beach.
Well we arrive at the hotel on said date which we were to stay for eight (8) days great.
We check in & are given a room on the fourth floor no elevator okay I will straighten it out later.
So we go up to the room & I go back to the front desk & explain that we paid for beach front 1st floor not 4th floor.
I am told they have no rooms like until tomorrow so I would have to check out prior to 1100 hrs (11:00 A.M CST) & they would have the room ready for us.
Next morning comes & we did as directed.
Problem no room ready as told
I am informed the room will be ready by 1200 hrs (12 noon cst)
Okay I can live with that so I thought
1200 hrs. Comes still no room (they were given more than enough notice)
We ended up falling asleep in the lobby until I got really pissed off & asked for the manager.
I got the manager & informed her that I have been waiting over 3 hrs for my room which I was promised & verified back in March (it's now June)
I informed it's going to be a little while longer
What
I informed her that they owe us over three (3) hrs of our time & I will go to the said room & clean it out myself & everything will go out the sliding glass door to the beach & I might forget to open the door.
Needless to say in less than ten (10) min. We had the room.
They room was twice the size of the one we were in & like twenty (20) feet from both pools.
Then we had the TV remote problem there was no remote in the room.
I went down to the front desk & informed them & was told they would get one there right away.
Guess who the remote was until 2030 Hrs (8:30 P.M. cst)?
ME (this is after a number of times requesting it)
The patio only had two (2) chairs so I decided it need some sprucing up to make it more homey esp. After the aggravation we went through.
I grew up on Long Island, N.Y. Where we stole anything nailed down or not so now it was time to revert back a few decades.
Night came & it was time to go on covert operations & put on the cami's to spruce up the place.
1st a couple of lounge chair disappeared & ended up in our patio & room along with a table & a large vase from the smoking area full of sand
Still didn't look right on the patio we need more shall I say obvionce so a few Palm trees with planters & Tie plants decided they wanted to move to the patio from around the Hotel.
Still wasn't the right look we were missing lighting for the patio so a bunch of their solar lights served the purpose.
Needless to say the next morning my wife & son got up & asked me were did all this stuff came from?
I Replied: what stuff?
They replied: all this stuff.
I replied: You weren't happy with the patio the way it was so I went night shopping, You have no idea how It was the dodging security guards with this stuff.
They are lucky I gave up drinking otherwise their kegs of Beer & liquor inventory would have come up short also just like we used to do breaking into bars when they were open & stealing their kegs or car dealer ships for tires & stereos, etc.
Needless to say my son confiscated my cami's the next night because I wanted some of their statues now for or patio.
Well so much for me scrounging anymore.
The Gym was no where near as advertised or the beach hardly any lounge chairs or cabanas as advertised.
The bathroom was a far cry as advertised all of which we took pictures of among other things of the place.
Then the women on the south shore of Long Island you would go to the beach & have a ton of eye candy.
Here you were surround like you were at Blivit Beach (Blivit is ten (10) ponds of crap in a five (5) pound bag) & these things are wearing two (2) piece thongs! Golo or Slim fast would make a fortune there!
This one kid about 10 years old was so fat he couldn't get out of the pool by the ladder without his mothers help!
This kid looked like a younger version of the Michelin Man or Mr. Stay Puff the marshmallow man.

There was one (1) thing they didn't advertise & that was Cockroaches.
Thank God I put a wet towel at the bottom of our door so the couldn't enter.
We must have counted at least 12 of the guys averaging three (3) inches in length.
After all of this & a few other things we had enough of this place & I booked a flight home only 4 days into the trip as we were supposed to stay 8 days.
So the evening before we are leaving at around 2200 Hrs. (10:00 P.M. CST) I can across I think it was Cockroach #15. I have to say it was nice enough to stay & pose for the camera for a couple of photos.
So after the Cockroach photoshoot I caught it by the leg in front of a few ladies to their horror & proceede to the front desk with my prize.
As I am getting to the area of the front desk you have the bar & a large room that all these people are partying in at the time.
I figured I might as well have some fun on my final night there & show over 40 plus people to witness my find of the night.
I walked into the middle of the crowd (Cockroach in hand by it's leg) & yelled out: "May I have everyone's attention please?"
Everyone quilted down & looked at me.
I then asked: "Has anyone misplaced or lost this marvelous specimen of a Cockroach?" (As I said that I held it up so all the people could see it was very much alive dangling by my fingers trying to get away.)
I made sure I didn't say Roach because everyone there would have pulled out a clip thinking they could smoke it.
Needless to say all the people scattered away from me & ladies screamed.
Then I asked If anyone wanted to bid for it & we will open the bid at 50 cents?
No bidders.
Next morning it was time to check out & I asked for a complaint form & a bill.
The manager was there as I reviewed the bill & aske Me: "Is there a problem with the bill?"
I replied: I was checking to make sure I wasn't being charged extra for the Cockroaches so I guess they were included free of charge."
A bunch of people heard me say it loudly.
I requested a refund for the time that we were not staying & was told I had to deal with Expedia for a refund.
So I got home downloaded my pictures & their that they advertise attached them to a more indepth letter with proof of check out (Plane tickets etc.) and emails exhibits "A" - "N" Their photos & actuals to the CEO in Seattle WA Requesting a refund & a copy of such to my credit card company.
Still waiting on a reply from Expedia.

BOOK YOU TRIPS & FLIGHTS YOURSELF LESS AGGRAVATION.

E
12:38 pm EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Expedia - Putting funds on hold when transaction not completed

I was booking a package deal on Expedia. ca for flights & hotel & when I got to the CC information to pay for the transaction I used my debit/credit card where the money was to complete it with no issues with my bank account but the transaction was denied & said to use different card. So I went into my bank account to see why it didn't go thru & noticed...

F
7:22 pm EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Expedia - Kama central park hostel

I wish to share a disappointing experience I encountered during my recent stay at the Kama Central Park hostel, and to request your assistance in resolving the matter. My name is Feria Peter. I made a reservation for a room for two people for a duration of three nights (February 24th-27th, 2024) through Expedia, with a total cost of us 191.62. The...

View 0 more photos
11:43 am EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Expedia Credit not obtained on flight

Jan.26, 2004 Expedia [protected]

I booked a flight round trip Toronto to Montreal on Porter Airlines and a hotel stay with Ruby Foo's in Montreal through Expedia, Jan.27-29.

The person booked my flight to city airport in Toronto but I said Mississauga airport not downtown city airport.

When I noticed the mistake I called back. The second agent changed the flight and said I would be given a refund but had to pay Porter directly the second time by credit card which I did.

The bill charged me on Master Card says 1,0237.87.

As I was told I would be credited back the double flight, I am still waiting the credit back.

Desired outcome: Credit back

Expedia I love Expedia!

Ive booked several trips through Expedia, without a problem. Last weekend, I booked a flight on a Saturday with their 24 hour no charge cancellation. Monday morning I found I needed to change the dates of the flight. AA wouldnt waive the $200. Change fee, on the non refundable flight. I called Expedia, explained my problem, and the rebooked my flight, with full refund! They explained the 24 hour policy meant business work days, so Sunday didnt count. I wrote recommendation for Expedia on all my social media, after that! So great to find a company worthy of a positive review! Thank you, Expedia!

I

Expedia Excellent customer service

I booked a "budle trip", roundtrip air, hotel and car. I personally made an error and immediately called Expedia and they cancelled the flight and re-scheduled us with another carrier. However, on my credit car the charge from the cancelled airline was posted in the allotted time so I telephoned Expedia. Eventually I was connected with a supervisor named GERALD who did an outstanding job of navigating through the red tape and handling my problem. Now I don't travel as much now but when I get great service like what was provided by GERALD, I can be assured EXPEDIA will do the job or make it right.

Expedia Great Holiday

We purchased around the world 5 stops ticket. In the country we visited we arranged drivers to pick us up and take us back to the airports and when we arrived at the airport they were there is was really nice not to worry how we were going to get to the hotel from the airport. We also booked our day tours that we did in different countries and we found that we were the only ones that go offered the little extras (eg lunch provided, VIP tickets, express entry etc) over people who booked through other websites and even through the tour company directly. It was nice knowing that we were looked after. I will defiantly book through them again

Expedia SO HELPFUL!

I am so amazed by the customer service they have! I accidentally booked the wrong dates for my hotel and of course it was non-refundable but I did buy the hotel protection so if I needed to cancel. So I give them a call (I wish I remembered who because she was amazing) and the lady who helped me was so kind and understanding and called the hotel for me and cancelled it. She was so quick and helpful! Not only did my hotel booking get refunded she also refunded my hotel protection plan as well so I didn't even get charged the fee of canceling. Seriously a great experience that just made me have a great first impression! They really go above and beyond to help you as a customer!

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Expedia One of the best resources for your dream holiday

I love traveling and I like a great accomodation, even better if I can find a website which puts trip and lodging together at great affordable prices. This is what Expedia does, and does it well. I've been able to find great prices for December in New York or a great weekend in Lisbon. Sometimes I also check Expedia to find deals within a few miles from where I live. I simply think this is one of the best websites for traveling and tourism.
They send tons of emails, so it's better you have a dedicated newsletter address to repvent your personal email from being flooded with their great offers, or simply change it once you've experienced the entity of their mails.
If you are looking for a great holiday, look no farther, you've already reached the best place.

Expedia ERRDAY. Lol

I travel a lot and I can say that Expedia is my go to app (cause I use the app) when it comes to booking a plane ticket or a hotel room. It's very easy to use, it (app) has some glitches but those can be fixed. It has everything you could ever need. From hotel reviews to fare comparisons, Expedia has it all. Whenever I'm not being flown from one place to another by a private jet, I don't even go to Delta, AA, Southwest, etc. Anymore. I just click on that yellow Expedia app and securely book/find a flight even up to the very last minute. Seriously, because they have my credentials (don't worry about identity theft or scams btw, I can assure you that they are atrociously strict about security and privacy) just pick a flight you want to catch, run to the airport and you're done! Easy as pie. (Pie is very difficult but, uh, you get what I mean! Lol)

D
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Expedia A really helpful customer service representative

We've used Expedia several times, but it's when there's a problem that you really get to find out how good they are. We experienced that problem a couple of weeks ago. A week before we were due to head off to Rome, my husband was hospitalised and given the diagnosis of MS. Although he was well enough to come home a few days before we were due to travel we knew he wasn't well enough to travel, and the GP confirmed that. I called Expedia the day the GP advised us not to travel, 3 days before we were due to leave. The customer service rep was kind, patient, advised us what refunds we were due (100% of the hotel costs, nothing from the flights) and gave us the airline's telephone number to contact them. I then asked about cancelling our prebooked taxi transfer which he dealt with but again confirmed there would be no refund payable. I asked if he could confirm that by email for insurance purposes, and he asked me to stay on the line while he did that. Something happened while I was holding and I got cut off. I suspected he had cut me off so he didn't need to do the email, and so I then got onto the travel insurers. After that call I got a 'missed call' notification, as the Expedia rep had tried to call back to let me know he had emailed. Can't complain at that, I think that's excellent customer service. OK, no refund from the airline or the taxi transfer, but that was in the small print, nothing I didn't already know. To be honest, I was pleasantly surprised to get anything back. Fingers crossed customer service is just as good with the travel insurance!

E

Expedia Excellent Customer Service

I booked three rooms in the hotel "Dream Bangkok" through Expedia. However, the circumstances changed (two of my family members are not able to join us for the trip) and I had to cancel one room. I went to the Expedia website and found out that this reservation is not eligible for cancellation. I haven't done complete research but I think this is hotel policy because some hotel reservation can be cancelled in Expedia. I decided to call Expedia as I didn't wanted to pay for the room we will not need. The way it works is you put your phone number on Support website and someone from Expedia will call you back within five minutes. I got an incoming within fifteen seconds. I explained my story to the customer service representative and he told me about how this particular reservation cannot be cancelled, but however, much to my surprise, he told me that he is going to call the hotel and see if he can get the hotel to agree to cancel reservation for one room. After being few minutes on hold, he came back and said that no one with the authority is available at this time (it was 3 AM Bangkok time) and I should call Expedia back in few hours. I obliged and called them back. The second customer service representative was equally helpful. She said she found some notes left by the previous representative and she is going to call the hotel right now. Long story short, she managed to cancel my extra reservation. This is the most helpful and not to mention sympathetic customer service experience I ever had. I am off course happy to get my refund but more importantly this was a very pleasant experience through and through. Very well done Expedia!

Expedia In-depth Review

Website Design and User Experience: The website design of Expedia is clean and user-friendly, making it easy to navigate and find the information you need. The search bar is prominently displayed, allowing users to quickly search for flights, hotels, and car rentals. The layout is intuitive, with clear categories and filters to refine your search results.

Booking Process and Ease of Use: The booking process on Expedia is straightforward and hassle-free. Once you have selected your travel options, the website guides you through the booking process step by step. The checkout process is seamless, and you can easily review and modify your booking details before finalizing your purchase.

Range of Travel Options: Expedia offers a wide range of travel options, including flights, hotels, car rentals, vacation packages, and activities. Whether you're looking for a budget-friendly option or a luxury getaway, Expedia has something for everyone. The website also provides detailed information about each option, helping you make an informed decision.

Pricing and Discounts: Expedia offers competitive pricing and frequently provides discounts and deals on various travel options. The website allows you to compare prices from different airlines and hotels, ensuring that you get the best value for your money. Additionally, Expedia's loyalty program offers exclusive discounts and benefits to its members.

Customer Service and Support: Expedia provides excellent customer service and support. Their customer service team is available 24/7 to assist you with any queries or issues you may have. The website also has a comprehensive FAQ section and a live chat feature, making it easy to get the help you need.

Loyalty Program and Rewards: Expedia's loyalty program, Expedia Rewards, allows members to earn points on their bookings, which can be redeemed for future travel. The program offers additional benefits, such as exclusive discounts, free upgrades, and access to VIP amenities. Joining the loyalty program is free and easy.

Mobile App Functionality: Expedia's mobile app is user-friendly and offers the same functionality as the website. You can easily search and book flights, hotels, and car rentals on the go. The app also provides real-time updates on your travel itinerary and allows you to manage your bookings conveniently.

Trustworthiness and Security: Expedia is a trusted and reputable travel website. They have been in the industry for many years and have established partnerships with major airlines and hotel chains. The website uses secure encryption technology to protect your personal and payment information, ensuring a safe and secure booking experience.

Travel Insurance Options: Expedia offers travel insurance options to provide peace of mind during your trip. You can easily add travel insurance to your booking during the checkout process. The website provides detailed information about the coverage and benefits of each insurance option, allowing you to choose the one that best suits your needs.

Cancellation and Refund Policies: Expedia's cancellation and refund policies vary depending on the travel option you have booked. The website provides clear information about the cancellation and refund policies for each booking, allowing you to make an informed decision. It is recommended to review the policies before making a booking.

Additional Services and Features: In addition to flights, hotels, and car rentals, Expedia offers various additional services and features. These include airport transfers, travel guides, and activities. The website also provides helpful travel tips and recommendations to enhance your travel experience.

Overall Rating and Recommendation: Expedia is a reliable and user-friendly travel website that offers a wide range of travel options at competitive prices. The website design and user experience are excellent, making it easy to find and book your desired travel options. The customer service and support are top-notch, ensuring a smooth and enjoyable booking experience. With its loyalty program and mobile app functionality, Expedia provides added benefits and convenience to its users. Overall, Expedia is highly recommended for all your travel needs.

How to file a complaint about Expedia?

1. Log in or create an account: Ensure you are logged in to your ComplaintsBoard.com account. If you do not have an account, please register by providing the necessary details to create one.

2. Navigating to the complaint form: Once logged in, locate the 'File a Complaint' button located at the top right corner of the website and click on it to access the complaint form.

3. Writing the title: In the 'Complaint Title' field, concisely summarize the main issue you have encountered with Expedia. Make it specific and clear, such as "Incorrect Billing on Hotel Booking" or "Cancellation Policy Not Honored".

4. Detailing the experience: In the complaint description, provide a detailed account of your experience with Expedia. Include key areas such as:

• The nature of the service or product you used.
  • Specific details about any transactions, including dates, amounts, and confirmation numbers.
  • A clear description of the problem and how it has affected you.
  • Any communication you've had with Expedia's customer service, including their response or lack thereof.
  • Steps you have taken to resolve the issue and the outcomes.
  • The personal impact, such as inconvenience, financial loss, or stress.

Be as factual and chronological as possible to paint a clear picture of the events.

5. Attaching supporting documents: Attach any relevant documents or evidence that supports your complaint. This could include receipts, emails, screenshots, or confirmation numbers. Do not include sensitive personal information such as credit card numbers or passwords.

6. Filling optional fields: Use the 'Claimed Loss' field to indicate any financial losses you have incurred due to the issue. In the 'Desired Outcome' field, describe what resolution you are seeking from Expedia, whether it's a refund, an apology, or another form of compensation.

7. Review before submission: Carefully review your complaint for clarity, accuracy, and completeness. Ensure that all the information provided is correct and that your desired outcome is reasonable and clearly stated.

8. Submission process: Once you are satisfied with your complaint, click the 'Submit' button to send your complaint to ComplaintsBoard.com.

9. Post-Submission Actions: After submitting your complaint, keep an eye on your ComplaintsBoard.com account for any responses or updates. You may receive feedback from other users or from Expedia through the platform, so it's important to monitor the progress of your complaint.