Having problems with Expedia?

Expedia Customer Service Contacts

1866 310 5768 (United States)
1800 469 1793 (Canada)
1866 348 7330 (Belgium)
1800 563 0600 (Mexico)
+1 404 728 8787 (USA & International)
+44 203 024 8211 (United Kingdom)
+61 280 662 745 (Australia)
+64 99 131 849 (New Zealand)
+45 43 682 060 (Denmark)
+353 15 245 005 (Ireland)
+31 202 008 459 (Netherlands)
+41 445 112 000 (Switzerland)
+852 30 774 857 (Hong Kong)
+60 377 249 556 (Malaysia)
+65 64 155 555 (Singapore)
+66 27 873 383 (Thailand)
+54 19 493 334 949 (Argentina)
333 108th Avenue NE
Bellevue, Washington

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Expedia Customer Service. Initial Expedia complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Expedia above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Expedia. Discuss the issues you have had with Expedia and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Expedia.cafairlure to pursue refunds for cancelled flights

We booked a flight with SAS from Denmark to Finland for travel in May, 2020. SAS cancelled the flight in March and we requested a refund from them and Expedia. SAS has no operations in Canada so you cannot access their web site or phone from Canada. Expedia has been contacted several times and each time they treat it like a new enquiry but do nothing that would cause the loss of their commissions. We are seniors who will never be able to take the flight we paid for. All other companies we dealt with, except Air Canada of course, provided quick refunds. SAS would as well as they are required to refund under European rules but they won't deal with us directly and Expedia will not pursue the refund. We will never deal with Expedia again. Normally you deal with them strictly for convenience since they do not represent the best prices but convenience was trumped when they failed to fulfill their obligations as our travel agent.

• Updated by mackaycres · Jan 23, 2021

Look at Expedia for prices and options but DO NOT purchase from them

ExpediaUnauthorized flight ticket cancellation

I booked a return flight ticket from Expedia.ca with onward journey scheduled on 17th August 2020 from Pune (India) to Vancouver (Canada) and inbound journey scheduled on 7th Feb 2021 from Vancouver (Canada) to Mumbai (India). They issued me a ticket for Lufthansa Airlines for CAD $1766. I travelled from Pune to Vancouver but recently my inbound journey ticket was cancelled without my authorization. I realized the cancellation only after a tiny refund amount showed up on my credit card statement. I followed up with Expedia about the cancellation and they replied that the ticket cancellation was requested by me directly contacting the airline i.e. Lufthansa. Being very sure I did not request for cancellation, I contacted Lufthansa about the issue. They confirmed that any ticket changes including cancellation can be done only by travel agent (chat attached) which is Expedia in this case. Expedia is not willing to take any responsibility here. They have no evidence to support their claim other than "we spoke with Lufthansa" (attached). I have received a very tiny refund of just unused taxes in the amount CAD $101 and have ended up losing my return journey ticket. I am now compelled to spend another CA $1050 to buy a new ticket for my return journey. I contacted Expedia and Lufthansa multiple times but all in vain.

Expedia Itinerary # [protected]
    Ticket # [protected]
    Lufthansa Confirmation # QGMKN8

Unauthorized flight ticket cancellation
    Unauthorized flight ticket cancellation

ExpediaHotel

I book hotel LE mar cape may and when I check in the toilet bowl is lose and you can't sit I call the maintenance they was working on the problem till 8 pm and told me don't use it for 2 hours until the cement dry and the desk chair is old and not stable when you sit down and the floor was dirty and they came to vacuum and the smell of the carpet and I call Expedia to address the problem after when I get back to the room the problem still the same and they don't have other room and they can't fixed and after when I get the receipt from the hotel was $200 less than what EXPEDIA charge me that is fraud and they can't do anything and I dispute with BARCLAY taking 3 months and after they said they can't do anything that why Expedia and BARCLAY only charged me and they can't fixed the problem with the hotel

ExpediaRefund

I booked flight to Poland through Expedia. The flight had been cancelled on July 7, 2020. I have not received refund yet. I was supposed to receive a refund within 12 weeks of the cancellation . It has been 26 and no refund of $1082.42 . I have been calling Expedia every month and received same answer that the Lot airline delayed credits. I called Expedia on Dec 23 and the agent told me that I should receive refund at the end of the month. Since I have not received it, I called Expedia again on January 8 twice and agent Mike told me that I ‘am supposed to call Lot myself asking them for the refund.I did reach out to Lot and agent Sonia texted me( I attached the copy of the conversation) refunds of tickets purchased via agency are processed by the agency. I have also attached my ticket and the picture of the conversation with Expedia who can't find my bookings now .
        Multi-city Flight
        Itinerary #[protected]
        Trip Details
        Aug 5, 2020 - Aug 15, 2020, 1 ticket
        CANCELLED LOT-Polish Airlines

ExpediaRefund Ticket

Dear Expedia Team,

On the 7th of January, 2020 I decided to cancel my trip to Europe, I cancelled my trip 48 hours before the flight "I added an insurance to my ticket" and was assured that I will receive the full amount if I decided to cancel.

When I contacted the customer service team I was promised to receive the full amount $1, 686 within 8 weeks

ExpediaRefund for airline ticket

Expedia has had the refund from the airline for my ticket since September 18, 2020 and still will not refund it to me. The airline has provided me with proof that you have the refund. I checked with my financial institution that I used to pay for the airline ticket and still have not received any refund from Expedia.

I have also filed a complaint with the Department of Transportation about this issue.

Oct 21, 2020

Expedia — Credit card refund

September 24th, 2020 Kelly Inn Mitchell SD We had called ahead to inquire ahead of availability and were told...

Oct 11, 2020

Expedia — Refund

On october 6 th 2020 I booked airline tickets for me and my son through the online travel agency expedia. I...

ExpediaBooked us at a hotel that was closed!

NEVER EVER use Expedia to book a trip. My reservation was at the Iberostar Tucan . BUT I arrived to find the hotel was closed. I was never told they moved my reservation to Iberostar in Cancun and hour drive away. When I called Expedia that the hotel was closed they were no help at ALL. They just kept telling me that was where my reservation was even though it was closed. When I got back, I called Expedia they said I should had called the hotel myself to confirm it was open. REALLY!! Like I said SHOCKED how awful customer service was

Jun 20, 2020

Expedia — Refund

We booked two round trip american airlines tickets, from hong kong to santiago, chili, through expedia. While...

Jun 18, 2020

Expedia — Ground transportation booked and voucher issued for a company that is closed

Itinerary # [protected] I booked ground transportation with Go Airport Shuttle on June 10th. I arrived at...

Jun 08, 2020

Expedia — Airline credit hassel

Our original flights were canceled due to Covid. We were informed that we would have flight credits as a...

Jun 08, 2020

Expedia — Canceled flight without permission

I had ordered airline tickets thru Expedia at the end of March 2020. Got a really good price for my mother to...

Jun 05, 2020

Expedia — Collision damage insurance

I've been a customer of Expedia for years, now I experienced an Expedia bad business practice. I rented...

May 26, 2020

Expedia — Flights

Hi, in February our flights (with Vietnamese airlines) were cancelled at Kuala Lumpur airport which were...

ExpediaAIG travel insurance

I canceled a trip with Expedia in March. I purchased the travel insurance on your site when I purchased the tickets. The insurance said refunds for any reason. However that isn't true. I submitted my claim on March 12, 2020. Along with doctor's information and a copy of the insurance I purchase. According to HIPPA laws the doctor does not need to disclose diagnosis and treatment, but AIG requested them. We resubmitted this information, but are still waiting for them to acknowledge the claim.
                I believe I am just being ripped off and I shall never book travel through Expedia again. The insurance is phony,.

My name is Deborah Mlinar and My claim # is UC8104430994.

ExpediaRefused refund

Delta cancelled my flight booked through Expedia and they refuse to refund my money. They claim I have credit for one year from the day I booked which expires the end of this year. I have no plans to travel this year due to this mess we are in globally so I want my money back. I am so upset and disappointed in Expedia. I understood they are busy but after 2 hours on the phone and one week waiting my final answer is no refund. I will never use this company again. They have stolen $2000.00 from me!

ExpediaFlight refund

Due to covid virus, My flight from Saudi Arabia to Philippines has been cancelled on April 23, 2020 with itinerary number [protected].
                    The Philippine Airlines already emailed me that I can get a refund without penalties on Expedia but as I open my Expedia account it states there that my account is refundable but with a penalty of SAR 565 which I didnt understand. This is a time to help out because we are in a crisis but still, they wanted to fine me with that amount if I ask a refund. I am a Nurse here in Saudi Arabia and I would like to get a full refund back to my credit card as I can't go home in the Philippines unless there's a vaccine on covid and my family needed the money right now. I am hoping and praying that you would help me get a full refund on my ticket. Thank you!

My email address is : [protected]@gmail.com
                    My phone number :[protected]

ExpediaRound trip. Travel may 27-june 8

I have been offered hotel vouchers that must be used within a year. Inasmuch as I was going to Italy for a wedding on June 5, 2020 a voucher is of no use to me. There was a notice of Lufthansa vouchers but I never received it. And I don't need it. I paid for trip insurance. My trip itinerary is #[protected]
                      with the insurance #[protected].

I am like the other complaints-quite light headed from the runaround.

Margaret Simmons
                      [protected]@yahoo.com

May 05, 2020

Expedia — Receiving help to get refund on a cancelled trip and insurance policy due to pandemic

Expedia sent this to us on April 10th... Travel dates May 9, 2020 - May 18, 2020 Itinerary...