Menu
Optimum Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Optimum
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.2 1013 Reviews

Optimum Complaints Summary

39 Resolved
972 Unresolved
Our verdict: If considering services from Optimum with a critical resolution rate, extra caution is advised. Examine detailed customer feedback to understand the severity and nature of unresolved issues. Be prepared for the possibility of unsatisfactory responses and have contingency plans, including seeking assistance from consumer advocacy groups if necessary.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Optimum has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Optimum. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
File a complaint

Newest Optimum reviews & complaints

C
7:06 pm EST

Optimum - Legacy plan

My wife had miss placed her cellphone. So we went to the Optimum store to see if they could find it. We were told they could not and they recommended that the phone be "disconnected", and if we found it would be reconnected, we were told that we would still have our Lagacy plan and that they guaranteed our payments would remain at $20.00 per month per line...

7:30 pm EST

Optimum No internet service

I am a subscriber with Optimum. I was on and off having internet service from January 9th through the 18th,2024.

After the assistance of the advance techs and 2 new modems, I still had no service. A visit to my home on the 18th of January seemed to have resolved the issue.

I missed a day's work on January 10th because i did not have internet services.

I requested a credit, and was offered $80.00 which I do not think was enough for all of the inconvenience and loss of a day's pay.

I am requesting an increase in my credit.

Email: [protected]@yahoo.com

Desired outcome: I would like in increase in my credit

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified Optimum representatives only. If you are affiliated with Optimum, please claim your business to access these details.

Update by Betterupp
Jan 28, 2024 7:33 pm EST

I forgot to include that I did not have any phone service.

5:18 am EST

Optimum Internet & tv service

My tv and internet service suddenly went out Friday morning. I check online and see there’s an outage in my area. That night, I see several Optimum vans outside my apartment building. They left and the outage remained. I reach out to customer service only to be told crews are working to resolve it asap. Saturday comes… still no service. I reach out again to customer service to be told the same message. No info on why there is an outage or an ETA on restoration. It’s going on two days with this outage. This is ridiculous for the high amount I’m paying for service. It’s time to switch providers.

Claimed loss: You can only file for an outage credit once the outage ends. What a joke.

D
1:15 pm EST

Optimum - Consumer service rep. also slow internet

First i called at 11:57 am on January11, 2023 the first rep did not listen ni told i had a Dolcis 3;1 modem also a Wi-Fi 6 not only that i was plugged directly in my computer with a cat 8 that run beyond fast he continues to tell me my equipment was no good after i explain to him that i just up grade it! I don't who you hire but you need to FIRE them and...

K
7:16 am EST

Optimum Female weather forecasters

I have noticed in the few past months that the females (sound very young) doing the weather forecasts in the morning hours (5am-7am) have been (1) going off topic of forecasts (2) speaking to slow that they and are being cut off before forecast can be completed. This is EXTREMELY annoying. I have never seen it happen with Rich H, Alex C. I hate making this complaint since the weather has been male dominated but being an Optimum customer since it first started in the 1980s as I was just starting my first "real" job please help these women so they can be as good as Rich Hoffman and the others.

Desired outcome: Full weather broad casts

J
12:32 pm EST

Optimum Mobile...

I have been lied to by several people working for mobile.For that reason i returned a brand new unused phone...Your customer service people are horrible.Im being charged for an activation fee,and i have never touched the phone...I spoke to a man named joe and he sent me the return label,and when i told him what i had been through he said he would make sure everything would be refunded as soon as the phone was returned...Another lie...I need someone that understands english...We are loosing alot in translation...Janice pacifico again im on hold for a long time to speak to a represenative...Hate this very poor servicee this is going on since i was lied to on black friday.

Desired outcome: the service was not cancelled when the phone was returned...as the retention manager Joe lied and said he will watch my case and when the phone is received,they will issue me a full credit.........obviously he didnt do his job......

C
1:21 pm EST

Optimum Ubee modem for faster internet / WiFi service. Request an earlier date

Account # [protected]

Upon receiving this box, I did a self-install procedure. Nothing works. Called for technical support on December 1, 2023. An appointment was made for December 6, 2023. I realize by no connection I could not even print. Upon that, I also realize I could not get online for a college course. I request an earlier appointment. ON December 2, 2023, a technical support technician informed me that I have to wait until December 6. Since I was informed what I have to do, I feel as an 18-year plus month customer this type of conversation was not appropriate, and I do not have to do anything. I am paying out of pocket for internet. I just want an earlier appointment for my online course. On 3 December, I was promised a return call at 3pm CST, no call. I just cannot believe that there was no way of receiving an earlier appointment due to a college course.

Claimed loss: Paying for portable data for 5 days. $30.

Desired outcome: Request of an earlier technician due to online course.

S
4:26 pm EST

Optimum Being denied login to Optimum webpage

Imagine not having access to your commercial email account for over 1 month.

That's the issue.

Been in communication with Optimum service and internet reps at least 15-20 times but problem still exists.

Specifically, the problem is that subsequent to entering a valid userid, password and exercising the submit button, the system responds with the following error message:" ! We're Sorry. An error has occured."

I've used multiple browsers, devices and reset the password multiple times but the problem remains unsolved.

My 1st complaint regarding this issue has been marked resolved. IT IS NOT!

Somewhere in the code is a command to spawn the error message " ! We're sorry. An error has occurred." This error message was purposely written into the code when a specific set of circumstances exist. Determine what that criteria is, why my attempts to login meet that criteria, and develop a fix. I've successfully used this id for 4 years prior to this incident.

Desired outcome: Take my problem seriously and take the appropriate measures to implement a successful resolution

Read full review of Optimum

6 weeks of semi-daily calling have finally resulted in resolution of my issue. It's a good day. I started by calling the contact number listed on the Optimum webpage. Service reps were always respectful and willing to help but the problem was beyond their knowledge level to solve. Issue was subsequently escalated. Received multiple texts and emails from the company confirming resolution of my issue which all proved to be false. However, the issue is now fixed.

E
1:03 pm EST

Optimum - Optimum poor service internet

I have 500Mbs currently and I requested an upgrade on 24 Nov 23 to 1Ghz and optimum agent said it would happened immediately, which it did not, as a matter of fact it went down to 300Mbs and connection then dropped for an hour, Optimum showed my speed 1G and no outages, but after resetting modem several times It came back up, but still only 300Mbs. Went on...

S
6:46 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Optimum - Ticket # [protected]; unable to access optimum account for the last month

I have been dealing with the issue of being unable to access my Optimum account for almost a month now. I receive the following system response subsequent to entering my login id, password and exercising the sign In button : !We're Sorry. An error has occurred." It's not a password issue, a browser issue or device issue. I've spoken with numerous service...

R
3:28 pm EST

Optimum - Phone service

On October 31, 2023, I signed up for mobile service with Optimum due to their special that was being advertised and paid two (2) $20.00 fees for connection (I kept my same mobile phone number because I already have a mobile phone with Cspire. Also, I never cancelled my phone with Cspire). On November 1, 2023, I called Optimum Mobile and requested that my...

I
6:19 pm EST

Optimum - TV service, Acc # [protected], Irving Dittmann

Weeks ago, I contacted your company by phone to inquire about any programs that you may have that would lower my monthly bill. I was told that I already had all the discounts that were available. So I asked, what if I canceled the internet & home phone service. What would just the TV service cost me. I was told that, If I did do that, that my monthly...

11:35 am EDT

Optimum - Internet service

Lost internet connection on Friday Mid afternoon 10/27 and called and let them know that i lost internet connection, had been working fine all morning. Told them that there was a construction crew down the street installing cabling in the neighborhood and when they started digging i lost the connection. Optimum stated that there was no outages in my area...

E
8:36 pm EDT

Optimum Poor internet service

it is impossible to get service from Optimum. Your automated service is terrible and very difficult to find a human from your service center that can speak English fluently. Once I find a person it is always the same solution. Did you reset your modem? They want the MAC address from their modem then everything looks good on our end and then they want to send out a technician and then they say the line is Ok. I had no internet access problem twice and I had to fix it myself by replacing the modem. Why do your employees don't know how to fix a problem? Is it because they are lazy, or not properly trained for customer support, or they don't care. I think Optimum Management needs to fix the problem, since they have hundreds of complaints. Meanwhile I am looking for a reliable internet service. Morris Broadband was never this bad.

Claimed loss: Poor speed and no internet access

Desired outcome: Compensation for no internet

P
1:51 pm EDT
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Optimum horrible support

i have had trouble with my internet in Midland since i got here. 3 times in 1 months period! this 3rd time, i have been without internet for a week and 2 days as im typing this. they told me on Saturday, as a technician came out to trouble shoot it, that they will have to send someone else out here to fix it. and since they are coming from out of town, they wont get there until Friday, which is today. i called them yesterday, actually they called me. To verify if I was still without service. and i told them of course. you guys have some workers coming tomorrow to fix it. the guy told me there was nothing in the schedule or notes of that. so now thery are sending another technician tomorrow to check the problem...100/10 would not recommend!

M
11:39 am EDT

Optimum - Service with my cable box

I realized the search feature on my cable box no longer works. My husband called Optimum who said our samsong box no longer offer the search feature.. We made an appointment to have the tech install a different box - 2 - 4 on friday. Tech didn't show so we called and were told they would be here within a half an hour. Well that never happened, so we kept...

1:16 pm EDT

Optimum - New mobile service taking forever

It’s been a nightmare - started transferring 3 mobile lines from ATT to Optimum on Saturday. Spent hours in the store Saturday afternoon and returned in the evening when the associate said everything was ready! Well it wasn’t - when we arrived home we realized only one phone ported in and then the store was closed. Spent hours on the phone with an optimum...

M
6:35 pm EDT

Optimum - Total Sales of products we were sold and sales person Vick Rashad

An employee of your company by the name of Vick Rashad in the Conroe Texas sales district sold us on 1 gig internet service for $50 and guaranteed never to go up and all channels Optimum has, 15 programs recording at one time, 100+ hrs of recording and service in all 4 rooms for $205+ tax for everything as long as we keep Optimum service. We did not get...

J
5:05 am EDT

Optimum Internet, store service, tv

We had a fire and moved to a rental property Went to store on 10/4. They said as a “new” subacriber I can only get fiber and that my address did not exist. Technician comes and say he cannot install Fiber. I finally get coaxial after 5 technicians come. I cannot get more TVs hooked up since the apple tv set ups are not working. I ordered wifi extenders and they are not working either. 6 weeks and still only 1 TV has Optimum

Desired outcome: I request a credit for my first months bill and a live person to set up the rest of my TV’s.

D
1:30 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Optimum - Cancelation of my internet service not completed when I requested it and now I have to pay for a service I did not even use or have

I called in September 12, 2023 to request cancellation of my service and gather information as to where I needed to return the equipment we had. The agent I spoke to was very disrepectful and insisting that I provide information regarding the plan my new provided was offering and the cost of my new service. I repeatedly stated that was not his concern or...

Optimum Customer Reviews Overview

Optimum (optonline.net) is a highly rated internet service provider with a strong reputation for delivering reliable and fast internet speeds. They have received numerous positive reviews from satisfied customers who praise their exceptional customer service, affordable plans, and consistent performance.

Customers have consistently praised Optimum for its fast and steady internet speeds, which have helped them to stream shows, browse social media, and work from home with ease. They also appreciated the affordability of Optimum's plans, which include a variety of options to suit different budgets and needs.

In addition to excellent internet service, Optimum has also received high ratings for their customer service. Customers have described the company's representatives as knowledgeable, helpful, and friendly, and have complimented their ability to resolve issues quickly and efficiently.

Though some customers have reported occasional service disruptions or slower than expected speeds, the vast majority of reviewers are overwhelmingly positive about their experience with Optimum.

Overall, Optimum is a top-rated internet provider, known for its consistent speed, affordable plans, and impressive customer service. Whether you're looking for a reliable provider for your home or business, Optimum is a great choice.

Optimum In-depth Review

Overall Rating: Optimum is a top-notch company that offers exceptional products and services, making it a reliable choice for customers.

Company Background: Optimum has a strong reputation in the industry, with years of experience and a solid track record of delivering high-quality products and services.

Services Offered: Optimum provides a wide range of services, including product customization, installation, and maintenance, ensuring that customers receive tailored solutions to meet their specific needs.

Pricing and Packages: Optimum offers competitive pricing for its products and services, with various packages available to suit different budgets and requirements.

Customer Service: Optimum excels in customer service, with a dedicated team that is responsive, knowledgeable, and always ready to assist customers with any queries or concerns.

Quality of Products/Services: Optimum is committed to delivering top-notch products and services, ensuring that customers receive reliable and durable solutions that meet their expectations.

Delivery and Shipping: Optimum provides efficient and timely delivery and shipping services, ensuring that customers receive their orders promptly and in excellent condition.

Return and Refund Policy: Optimum has a fair and transparent return and refund policy, allowing customers to return products within a specified timeframe and receive a refund or exchange.

Online Presence and User Experience: Optimum has a user-friendly website that provides a seamless online experience, making it easy for customers to browse products, place orders, and access relevant information.

Reputation and Trustworthiness: Optimum has built a strong reputation for its reliability, trustworthiness, and commitment to customer satisfaction, earning the trust and loyalty of its customers.

Additional Features and Benefits: Optimum offers additional features and benefits such as warranty options, loyalty programs, and after-sales support, enhancing the overall customer experience.

Competitor Comparison: Optimum stands out from its competitors due to its superior quality products, excellent customer service, and competitive pricing, making it a preferred choice for customers.

Pros and Cons: Optimum's pros include exceptional customer service, high-quality products, and competitive pricing. However, some cons may include limited product variety and availability in certain regions.

Conclusion and Recommendation: Overall, Optimum is a highly recommended company that offers top-notch products and services, backed by excellent customer service and competitive pricing. Customers can trust Optimum for their needs and expect a satisfying experience.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Optimum contacts

Dedicated to Authenticity

Encouraging Detailed Feedback

Balanced and Constructive Conversations

Free and Fair Platform

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Optimum?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Optimum Customer Service. Initial Optimum complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Optimum above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Optimum. Discuss the issues you have had with Optimum and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.