Having problems with Optimum?

Optimum Customer Service Contacts

+1 866 200 7273 (Customer Service)
+1 973 230 6048 (New Jersey, CS)
+1 973 230 2037 (New Jersey, Sales)
+1 203 870 2583 (Connecticut, CS)
+1 203 870 2492 (Connecticut, Sales)
+1 631 393 0637 (Long Island, CS)
+1 631 393 0707 (Long Island, Sales)
+1 718 860 3514 (NY: Bronx / Brooklyn / Westchester, CS)
+1 718 975 1140 (NY: Bronx / Brooklyn / Westchester, Sales)
6 Corporate Center Drive
Thu7:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Fri7:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Sat7:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Sun7:00 AM - 10:00 PM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Optimum Customer Service. Initial Optimum complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Optimum above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Optimum. Discuss the issues you have had with Optimum and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Optimum Complaints & Reviews

OptimumService out for 3 weeks and counting for 49 madison gardens old bridge nj 08857

My sister who lives at 49 Madison Gardens in Old Bridge New Jersey has been without service for three weeks now although she had four appointments so far and no one showed up. She is disabled and can't get out so she orders her groceries on her phone (which doesn't work because her Optimum service is out). She lives alone and hasn't had TV or Wifi service to use a computer.

Optimum has continually told her that they were coming to fix it - today was the fourth such broken promise. My other sister called the company and was told that technicians could come on March 10th - yeah right - they never honored their commitments before and then it will a whole month that she didn't have service.

Optimum should fix the problem already or let a different company like Verizon or Comcast provide service to that community if they're not up to it!

Optimuminternet is down

68 south service road melville NY 11747

world wide specialty programs inc-[protected]

8 calls since Wednesday of last week..4 technician visits, TAP had issues..

still not working and we are losing business every minute cannot get a supervisor to call me back and tell me how you are going to fix this..I need IMMEDIATE help..[protected]
    Bob Thompson
    President

OptimumUnwanted Charges and Products

I was reviewing my bank statement and noticed that I have 3 separate charges for Optimum services/products that I never ordered. Further, I live in Rhode Island and your company does not do business in the State of Rhode Island. What is going on??? These charges are outrageous and needs to be resolved. I am going to my bank immediately to stop payment and report fraud!!!

OptimumInternet

I called Optimum to report dropping out of internet service sporadically. They sent a technician to fix the issue, instead it got worse 1 hour after he left. The internet dropped off and never came back. After 3 technicians came and left and no internet for 3 weeks, I cancelled me service. After I decided to cancel Optimum has charged me for the technician's visit in the amount of $70 even though it didn't fix the problem. I did not expect such shady unscrupilous business tactics in the 21st century.

OptimumCable box, billing and service

I had a cable box that was not working. I called Optimum customer service. They did an online troubleshooting session and decided the box was defective. They said they would send me a new box and give me a credit for the time I went without a functioning cable box, which was a week and a half. It took about 8 business days with a weekend in middle, before I received the new cable box. Once I received the new cable box, I returned the defective one, with the label Optimum provided. Two weeks later, I received my bill. To my surprise, Optimum had not given me a credit for the time I went without a functioning cable box. Instead, they charged me for having an extra box. I have three cable boxes, and they charged me for having four. Now, it's a month later and they charged me again for having four cable boxes when I only have three. Last week there was a power outage during the workday. I called they said they were aware of it and that I would receive a credit for that day. That never happened. I called Optimum customer service to try and resolve these issues. Instead of resolving them, they added another one. They said they could not do anything about the charge for the extra box, because their computer system automatically makes the charges and that there was nothing they could do. This made absolutely no sense to me. Humans program computers, therefore I am sure that if they wanted to there is something that could be done, besides charging your customers fees for services or products they do not have.

Now if this wasn't enough drama, there's more. In the customer service reps. explanation of why my bill was so high, he said that I had a yearlong promotion that expired on March 1. However, they added another promotion automatically to replace that promotion. With the new promotion, my bill will be $20 more. In my mind, is this really a promotion or did you just lie to me? The whole point of the promotions is to decrease your bill not increase it. All this was done without informing me of the changes, and I can't afford a $20 increase on my internet bill. It is very high already. Then I told the customer service rep. that I could not afford this. I told him that I had done some research and that 10 or so internet providers in Brooklyn fees were lower than Optimum's. I told him if they couldn't reduce my bill, I would have to switch to Spectrum which is much cheaper and has the same speeds as Optimum. He hung up. I don't want to deal with Optimum customer service. I have had many instances in the past where they have dropped the ball. Also, internet service this year has not been stellar. There have been many days where the internet was so slow that I used my phone as a mobile hotspot. There have been many days where internet service was spotty, on for an hour off for an hour on for hour off for an hour. So, the idea that they are going to increase my bill by $20 when the service I have received in the last year has not been great just astonishes me.

OptimumCustomer Service

Like a normal customer, I called into customer service to see if I were able to lower my bill. Customer service looks at my account and told me that I have the best offer. I then went on to compare the offer they are offering new customers.

I understand that those are for new customers, I was trying to look for something comparable. Instead of assisting me, the customer service rep started lecturing me. That's when I stopped him and told him, I am calling for help and not for a lecture. But instead of understanding that his job is to assist customers, he went on to calling me greedy. I think it is normal for customers to look for deals?!?

I ask for my account to be closed, and instead of directing my call to the correct department to assist me in that matter, he hung up on my phone call.

Fios, here I come =)

OptimumPayment Charge

Company sent a man to connect our new internet service and the man went to the old address. I called him and asked where he was and he said that he was sent to the last address. I asked him to come to the correct address 3 blocks up and he replied that he couldn't because his job was to work at the "designated" address they sent him to. I told him how nonsensical that was that they'd send a new set up of a 3 year customer to her old address. He did not come to set up the internet. We quit Optimum after spending more than 6 hours collectively on the phone to get someone to come out and to not charge me for their wrong address arrival. They're still trying to charge me and have sent me to collections.

Feb 25, 2021

Optimum — Internet and lack of customer service

I would give zero stars if I could! If you are looking to sign up with optimum, do not! They scam people by...

Jan 26, 2021

Optimum — Cable, internet and phone plus billing

I have been a great customer with optimum for years now, I will explain my problem as best as I can so you...

Jan 19, 2021

Optimum — Customer service rep.

I was violated by optimum rep and the company did not tape the call as they claim. Called January 5th to...

Optimumunstable internet

I contacted optimun because the internet connection to my job since i am working from home. I was having issues my system kept freezing up. Since I kept loosing wi fi connection I went out and bought a new router I also exchanged my modem. I called and they tested the line and everything at their end was ok. I contacted the it dept at me job and they did a test and they inforned me that my interner was not stable. I set up an appointment for a tech to come and check. My appt was for 1/17 from 8am to 11. no tech showed up. I then called and was told that the tech was running behind schedule and tgat they would call me back in an hour. I never received any follow up call and my issue was never resolved.

Optimuminternet/land line phone connections

I have had all types of interference with land line (suspect that someone controls it without my permission with their computer). Same with my devices. Internet service goes in and out, so they replaced the wire in the garage (did not need that)and it still happens. I now have 3 additional IP addresses on my phone had 4 more long ago, but OPTIMUM says they only see 1. They do not seem the least bit concerned but I am! I do not use any devices for work nor do I use work WI FI. I checked with work IT and they said they and are not connecting into my stuff. Someone needs to investigate as to whoever is connecting in is causing privacy and security issues!

Optimuminternet

I have not had internet service for three days. I called in was told someone will be out yesterday between 11 and 2. no one came. I called and first was told I didn't have an appointment then she said oh he's running late. HE never showed. Called back last night all I got was a recording saying someone would be out today. As of yet no one has showed. Called again and the guy was rude said well he should be there. I am so done with this Co. Management obviously doesn't give two craps about customers.
                    Called a few min age no human only recordings.

OptimumRefund not recieved

On November 9 2020 I ordered service. It happened I canceled order before installation date but Optimum charged my bank account for 119.45
                      I called Optimum many times, promised refund will be proceeded, requested to talk to manager- never was able. Looks like managers don't like to talk to customers.
                      Today is more then 2 month i still don't have my refund.
                      Service address for this issue is
                      130 schroeders av. Apt 17-D Brooklyn, NY 11239

OptimumInternet

In August around the 14 of 2020. I started Service with you I needed to get Internet service to assist with my daughter and her homework for school during the process. There was an issue on, I was told I had an existing account bill so the sales Dept said I have you speak to the billing department they told me I had previous balance which I found is from 2009/2010 billing statement that for $283 fortunately he Told me he would waive the previous balance because the bill was so old. I callback to sales department to initiate service I made my first payment of $53.50 for I nstallation and I had my service without. Once I receive my first bill in October it had the previous balance of $283 on my account as a recovery fee. I knew this charge was incorrect because of the previous conversation I had telling me that this fee was waived I have called optimum every month since October trying to get clarity understanding in this matter now I'm being told I still have to pay this amount of money regardless of what and I was told unfortunately I was giving false information. I will need to pay!I don't understand how they employee give me false information is my fault I don't understand. My service is down I'm trying to continue with your service. I'm just getting me so many problems this is been a very uncalled for and to service relationship I truly appreciate the customer service I do not appreciate the unfairness and inability to get full clarity on what's going on on FridayJanuary 8, 2021 I called again at 10 o'clock I was told that a supervisor call me back by 2pm after they review the voice conversation as well as what was written in the notes for the day I initiate a service with you. I never received a phone call back by 2 PM as stated then I called at 3o'clock I was told I was next in the queue so I will be called back shortly I still didn't receive a phone call I finally got through around 5 o'clock when I called again I had a discussed with a ladythat was unable to assist me with this matter this is been a long haul and unnecessary issue please give me a call or email me with any type of satisfactory information I truly would appreciate it.
                        My name is Larry Artis, 1049 Sterling pl #14 11213 contact number [protected]
                        [protected]@gmail.com

OptimumInternet

The worst service ever. Called more than 20th time and the people who worked there are so disrespectful. They will hang up the phone on your face. My internet haven't been working for more than 2 days and when they come to fix the problem it work for a little and stop working. The worst service to ever get. I been calling more than 20 times and 2 people hang up the phone on my face, one name is Victoria and the other is Andrew and one of them say the problem would have been fix but never fixed. Worst service

OptimumInternet Service

Today 1/7/21 I called Optimum in response to their letter informing me of an promotion to Upgrade and do this by 1/10/21. I was transferred at least 8 times and give numbers that were not working. I have seen this company go from good to horrible service. (this started prior to COVID19).

I feel that the employees are not trained properly and try to be helpful. There is never a supervisor on hand. Some employees just tell straight lies and when confronted you are "disconnected". If this is how a "Value Customer is treated...

The rates continue to increase and the services has decreased to almost no service at all.

OptimumLost service for three weeks and customer service non existent

I lost service for three weeks in august I spoke to agents every week and they promised service daily I was also told I would get a credit for not having service I and my son took days off three times for appointment and the service never came nor a call
                              I have two accounts with optimum on one I was simply trying to change a payment ach method
                              I could not get anyone on phone so I tried chat that was the worst experience I have ever had he wanted me to read a modem number of the system that is 150 miles away
                              I am very frustrated with optimum
                              Please help here
                              Robert

• Ki
                                  kimpam Jan 04, 2021

Optimum should be ashamed of themselves disconnecting customers for non-payment during a pandemic. My son attends online schooling and I know Optimum has to be paid just like everything else however, they really don't offer any type of assistance during this time. If you are lucky you will get a 5 days extension. I think it is disgusting that the owner of optimum would treat the very people who made him who he is today, as if they don't matter. Even PSEG and National Grid works with customers during this time. People shouldn't have to decide if their child should attend school or eat and have medicine. I will be switching companies as soon as possible.

OptimumNew service - gift card fulfillment

New install at my home and promised in writing gift card - $100 would be given for the new install. Never received gift card - called again and then they told me it would be available after 3 months so 12/27 I would get an email with gift card link. Called again on 12/27 [emailed as well] spoke with foreign customer services who told me that it will take 4-6 weeks after 3 month to obtain the email and the link. Claiming something for something and then not providing what you promised is fraud - plain and simple. Release my gift card immediately!

Dec 21, 2020

Optimum — Extremely poor - optimum tv, internet, and phone service

President - optimum tv, internet, phone service We have had no phone service, no internet service and...