Menu
Optimum
reviews & complaints

Optimum
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

815 complaints
37 resolved 778 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Optimum. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
A
4:38 pm

Optimum - internet

Ordered service in February! Rep on the phone said that she set all up for autopay. Today got the bill and it says I have unpaid balance! Called customer service gave my card and ask to set up autopay, the rep told me that i must go to website set up account sign in and set it up myself! Horrable service! I want to give u my money and noone wants to take it!

11:48 am

Optimum - billing...

every time i look theyre trying to get more $ out of me so i dropped most of my channels. Suddenly they come up with a mysterious balance that was not there before. they claimed i didnt pay my bill back in November but much to their suprise i keep my receipts and produced the record of my november payment... still they keep trying to add this bogus amount to my bill ironically after i lowered the services id be receiving from this money hungry company. keep your receipts or they WILL try to rob you!

7:49 pm

Optimum - customer service

Dear Sir or Madam:

My 2 year promotion was up and the only way I found this out was when you raised my bill! I called customer service last week and was told this was "the very best deal". I asked to speak to a manager and was told "we are all equals" and there is no manager.
I called customer service to cancel (I switched to another provider) and was told I still have to pay until April 14 and I am not allowed to cancel in the middle of a billing cycle! Again I asked for a manager and was told someone could call me back but no one was available to speak with me now.

Another representative called me today.
She wanted me to switch back. She transferred me to billing and the woman again would not connect me to a supervisor! I gave her my information and she said since I am no longer a customer (I cancelled my service today.) that no one could help me with my bill. She said I had to pay until April 14 even though I am cancelled! And no one asked for my equipment back or offered me a place to send it!

I posted some messages on the optimum facebook page and instant messaged them. They said they cannot call me. They gave me 2 numbers to call which just tossed me around through the automated system. The representative (on instant message) asked for my account address to look it up. He said they sent me in my October bill (which I receive paperless) the policy change to not prorating my bill. I opened it and read the whole bill two times and it is not there. The representative stopped answering me when I told him that. I told him I cancelled my service and would like to pay for the 9 days of service I did use. I don't understand why they are giving me such a hard time. I have been a loyal customer for 2 years and have always paid my bills early and in full.

Can you please help me?

Jill Tuazon
908-406-1670

View 0 more photos
E
7:04 am

Optimum - billing

I been with Cablevision / Optimum for over 5 plus yrs. I was recently charged for installation fees because I upgraded my service and added a phone line. I did not have a technician come to my home to setup anything. I was told that I would not be charged installation fees, since I've been an customer already. I spoke to several customer service reps over the last week 4 times. I was told the a supervisor would get back to me within 48 hours I have not heard from anyone yet . I value my service at Cablevision and this billing confusion is very upsetting. I hope the situation could be resolved in a timely matter.

C
10:43 pm

Optimum - tv channel 5 fox - shots fired series

March 22nd will be a disgraceful day for TV. Many people will be boycotting this channel for broadcasting a show that promotes violence and disrespect against our already targeted law enforcement! It is incomprehensible that you are allowing such a show on the air! Please consider respecting our police officers and do not allow this to air. It is your duty to help keep these men and women safe!

I
1:16 pm

Optimum - customer support

Adding insult to injury

Like many other brooklynites my rent went up. I could choose to pay the increase or move. I chose the latter since I didn't have the money. I called optimum to disconnect explaining I had to move and had no new address. The person on the phone was rude, insulting, forced me to give them my new address to which there was none because, I was essentially homeless. He then refused to pro-rate my account to my move-out date Dec 31st and forced me to pay until January 21st. Funny - how they can pro-rate your account when you open an account but, not when you close it. He also told me cablevision would not pick up the modem, cable box and I would have to haul them to Flatlands Brooklyn. Quite far and in the middle of nowhere. Had closing my account not been so terrible an experience I would have gladly opened a new account with them in the future now it's seem highly unlikely.

My experience with Optimum felt like a scene out of Goodfellas.
Lost your home: ### you pay me!
I won't need the service past the end of the month: #### you pay me!
Can your technicians pick up the equipment?: No, #### you pay me!

It is very easy to see why Optimum - Cablevision has one of the lowest customer satisfaction ratings of all US companies. The IRS collections people are actually easier to deal with than Optimum. I can only pray for Google to roll out fiber across NYC because Optimum customer support is horrid at best.

G
1:33 pm

Optimum - obtaining my own former account information

I contacted Cablevision/Optimum in order to obtain the Account Numbers from 2 of my former addresses where I used their services. They denied providing the account numbers unless I physically visited one of their stores. I am in Florida, and their stores are in NY, CT, etc. so this is not possible.

I am asking for MY account numbers. This is not super secret government classified information for crying out loud. I need them for references for good long term bill paying.

I hope you can help me by forcing them to give me my former account numbers.

Read full review of Optimum

I called again and they gave me the info. Thanks anyway.

R
4:43 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On 09/19/16 I called Optimum customer service at about 10:55 AM for a technician to come to house because I was having problems with the internet. They tole me someone will be coming to my house between 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM I agreed . At about 11:20 AM I called them back to cancel, because I had a family emergency. I had to take my 84 year mother to the...

A
10:15 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My minor child had the ability to order movies and a paid PPV wrestling match on a school night in which is his bedtime...yet they do not want to credit me these unauthorized charges...I am sorry but to my knowledge we had to call and verbally order and addition made to our contract...where is it that have been deceived my this cable company with the...

4:57 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have the silver package and there is a channel that when my daughter accessed it, she pressed it and immediately an extremely filthy subject matter came on the screen. This should not be. When I attempted to call Optimum about it and ask for a credit, the agent insisted that there was a screen wherein I was warned that I would be charged for it. Rather...

View 0 more photos
T
4:31 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I am appalled and dismayed that cablevision was removed the original basic cable package from their services. I ordered cable for my 71 year old uncle who is on a fixed income and is a retired veteran and all he wanted was basic cable, which in the beginning was tbs usa tnt disc. I couldn't believe my ears when the rep. Said those ch.'s are not included and...

O
3:22 pm

Optimum - home telephone service

My phone signal has been constantly disconnected/interrupted for the passed month. It usually happens sometime during the night because every time I get up in the morning the phone is not working. I need this problem fixed and I need it fixed now. If I don't get some satisfaction soon. I'm closing my account, which I should have done a long time ago. Thank you.

3:51 pm

Optimum - cable internet and phone service

I was paying Optimum $20 a month for a "Promotion" which put me into a lower rate than the regular rate per month for phone, cable and internet service. However, I was not noted when January 2015 the bill suddenly raised to $191/mon from my $150/mon, a 25% more than I previously had. I received no notice for what was coming, and they did not offer me ways of saving money on the services. I called Optimum on 2/15/15 when I first realized my outrageous bill, and immediately request to cancel the service. They offered another promotion package which put me on some savings, however did not agree to adjust my previous bill for the over charged January and first half of February at $191/mon. Optimum stated now that they are stating the experation date of promotion of each service in their datail of bills, but when I had my bill in Jan and Feb, thing were not clear at all. I strongly disagree with how they charged me for those two months and asked for the bill adjustment. However they refused and called the past bills cannot be adjusted and they will not give me additional credit to my current bill.

1:06 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

The company in an attempt to boost business is sending out door to door salesman After I was polite enough to tell them not interested without being mean and took their card even tho I was home sick he came back the next day as if somehow I changed my mind If u come knocking once I tell you no policy should dictate you don't come back to Harrass me again...

W
2:10 pm

Optimum - hijacker

The optimum PC boost has taken over my computer & I can't find a way to delete it. It pops up every time I turn on my computer & I have tried several different web sites that say they can get ride of it (spyhunter is the worst ). It ran through every file on my computer for about 8 hours & then wanted $100.00 a year to get rid of it. If anyone knows how to get rid of this hijacker ( optimum pc booster ) please let me know. Most of the websites that say they will delete it are scammers themselves that want to put more trash on the computer.

F
3:57 am

Optimum - wages not paid

This staffing company regular does not pay its employees on time. I have been waiting since March 2014. It is now 30 days later. There seems to always be a delay. Take a survey 90percent of the workers are not paid consistently on time.
The corporate office has supposedly moved several times. It now can be found at 5615 Harrisburg. Actual can be describe as an abandoned building with a couple of tables and chairs. Very hot, dirty place where their employees are told to pickup their checks.
I will be reporting them to the BBB. THEY ARE JUST HORRIBLE AND VERY UNPROFESSIONAL...

L
4:33 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I live in Putnam County and view channel 99 for TV shows. Of late, there has been spanish music playing while the TV programs scroll. Perhaps you can find some music that's in English or perhaps better yet, instrumental music. I find having to listen to music whereby I do not understand the words, to be offensive. thank you Lois Posimato-Rizzi

D
7:21 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Yes the new guide is rotten, slow and they changed it just for the sake of change. I've been a customer for over 20 years. I have the triple play with the old value channel lineup. Recently they move F1 from espn to nbcsports due to F1 negotiations. So now I'm missing indy car and grand prix racing, yet I'm getting a 3 dollar a month surcharge for sport...

7:50 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have been a Cablevision subscriber for 14 years. I have selected the Silver package. I reviewed my bill recently along with the details of the Silver package and discovered that HBO on Demand, Showtime, and Showtime on Demand are included in the Silver package. I also noted that I had been paying extra for those services as when I signed up for the Silver...

K
9:31 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I open my account with cablevision on Feb 4, 2012. Now prior to that date, when I spoke to cablevision rep, and set this account up, i was asked did I have an account with a prior company, as I would be receiving a discount. I told them yes, but that my account was more than a year old, I also told them that I had a old cablevision account. The rep informed...

Optimum contacts