Menu
TDS Telecommunications Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

TDS Telecommunications
reviews & complaints

tdstelecom.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.2 98 Reviews

TDS Telecommunications Complaints Summary

5 Resolved
93 Unresolved
Our verdict: If considering services from TDS Telecommunications with a critical resolution rate, extra caution is advised. Examine detailed customer feedback to understand the severity and nature of unresolved issues. Be prepared for the possibility of unsatisfactory responses and have contingency plans, including seeking assistance from consumer advocacy groups if necessary.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for TDS Telecommunications has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of TDS Telecommunications. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
File a complaint

TDS Telecommunications reviews & complaints 98

Filter reviews by rating
Sort by:

Newest TDS Telecommunications reviews & complaints

9:57 am EST

TDS Telecommunications phone plus internet

I keep trying to cancel my home phone but they keep telling me I need it for internet. I have fiber and both are thru it. I have a cell that works fine don't need land line. I had the tech who upgraded my line to fiber said I don't need home phone. So who is right tech or tds on my phone? Been a few years of paying around 40 bucks a month that I don't have hooked up because all I get is telemarketers calls.

Desired outcome: Shut off home phone

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified TDS Telecommunications representatives only. If you are affiliated with TDS Telecommunications, please claim your business to access these details.

6:23 pm EST

TDS Telecommunications - Internet service account

I gave TDS a deposit of $3,200 back in August of 2023. I was told a year prior to that that I would have to pay half the cost of installation for internet service once I ordered service. When I decided to have internet installed I gave them a check in August and they did the installation. At the time they installed the line they said I would not have to pay...

7:37 pm EST

TDS Telecommunications Television

Approximately six months ago, TDS installed a firmware upgrade to their television box. I have two TCLs, one 43" the other 49". The 49 didn't skip a beat while the 43 lost volume and power control.

I've gotten new remotes, had techs come out, run tests, install a new box, resync the remote, no bueno.

I've spoken to several US leads about the problem, they all acknowledge it but none of them have an answer. What they do admit is that it's a software problem, which makes it a TiVo problem, but no estimate on a resolution.

I use the Roku remote to control power and volume but it's a pain.

If I have to buy a new TCL to resolve this, they're buying it.

Claimed loss: Major annoyance

Desired outcome: Problem resolved

Hide full review

Is TDS Telecommunications legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals TDS Telecommunications as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 5% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, TDS Telecommunications stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering TDS Telecommunications should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

TDS Telecommunications earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: TDS Telecommunications achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for TDS Telecommunications. The company provides a physical address, 5 phone numbers, and 2 emails, as well as 5 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

TDS Telecommunications has claimed the domain name for tdstelecom.com for a long time, which suggests that the website is established and has a history of being in operation. This is a positive sign, as it indicates that the website has been around for a while and may have a reputation to maintain.

Tdstelecom.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows TDS Telecommunications website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Tdstelecom.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

Several positive reviews for TDS Telecommunications have been found on various review sites. While this may be a good sign, it is important to approach these reviews with caution and consider the possibility of fake or biased reviews.

We looked up TDS Telecommunications and found that the website is receiving a high amount of traffic. This could be a sign of a popular and trustworthy website, but it is still important to exercise caution and verify the legitimacy of the site before sharing any personal or financial information

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While TDS Telecommunications has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 5% of 98 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to TDS Telecommunications. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
M
2:12 pm EST

TDS Telecommunications Email error messages

I called and talked to 4 people, none of these people could help, one said to call outlook even though it was a tds server issue, another directed me to read a site on their website instead of walking me through the solution.
I continued to ask for advanced support, which was ignored, it was obvious when I was put on hold that the tech was receiving information from someone else. I could not understand the accent.
I friend came over and saw the frustration and fixed it for me.

12:29 pm EDT

TDS Telecommunications Internet & Customer Service

Hello-

I wanted to share an experience that I had this morning that 100% solidifies my decision to leave TDS and move to another provider.

I cancelled my Internet on the 6th of September, received a final bill that showed a credit of $2.86. In the 43 mins on hold and speaking with 5 different employees, having to share my telephone number 5 different times I was finally able to get resolution. And, much to my surprise I do not have access to anything electronically as a former customer, your employees can't send me anything electronically which is baffling to me as a consumer.

Your customer service is lacking, you are not easy to do business with and after 3.5 years with TDS I am happy to provide business to another provider. While I do not expect any resolution or outreach you can be certain that I will be happy to promote your competitors (who are significantly less expensive). From where I sit, you are failing on at least two of your five priorities.

10:32 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

TDS Telecommunications - To receive a letter from tds that they have corrected the error listing our residence for their client

TDS workcrews installed cable lines & boxes all over Mooresville. We did NOT sign up for any cable services with TDS, as long term customers with Spectrum. We received several letters at our residence addressed to Joesph Gaetani welcoming him as a customer with pin numbers, passwords, etc. for his account. We immediately called TDS & advised that our...

12:34 pm EDT

TDS Telecommunications Internet and dish net combo

To start with for nearly a year my bill has been sent with the wrong first name and paid it in full. Now the problem arises when I qualify for the ACP discount in June 27,2023. I called TDS and let them know and gave them the information. I paid the next bill in full because I thought it would take some time for them to get my ACP discount applied to the bill but no they could not apply it with the wrong name that TDS had on the bill.

Now 2nd problem I have is when in June all this was going on they told me that if I would combine my dish net bill with my internet they could save me $5.00 a month. I had ask them 3 times would anything change because I was under contract with dish net until October of 2023 at a locked in price of $86.28 a month and 3 different times they told me No so I agreed to combine the two. Next month my dish net bill was $154.00 If you need emails I have them.

Desired outcome: The ACP discount applied to the right account with the right name and my dish net bill be what it’s supposed to be

Update by Jays manager
Sep 16, 2023 12:45 pm EDT

Sounds like TDS needs to get someone that knows what’s going on and hire them some accountants who knows how to run a business

R
4:15 pm EDT

TDS Telecommunications - Cancellation and billing practices

I cancelled my TDS service on August 11, due to a move. On Sept. 5, my payment for service from Aug 16 - Sept 15 was deducted from my bank account. I called TDS to get the payment reversed and was given a total runaround. Had to call back three times because of dropped calls while I was on hold and was ultimately told that the payment was deducted because...

L
5:59 am EDT

TDS Telecommunications Being charged for a service I didn't order

Beware of signing up for TDS service. I would recommend avoiding it. They installed a service level with internet and tv that I never signed up for and in order to cancel it, I have to pay extra to cancel it. How absurd! At no point did any representative ask me what I wanted. The TDS rep apparently picked something that would make them a good commission. Buyer beware! I thought they would be a benefit to the Treasure Valley, Idaho area but they are not. Despite talking to customer service about the issue, there was no good solution or compassion. They are out for your money and not for offering good service. Would suggest thinking twice about signing up for TDS and how many problems you are likely to have.

Desired outcome: I do not want to be charged for a service that I did not order. I wanted internet only and not the tv service.

M
3:28 pm EDT

TDS Telecommunications Landline phone and internet

08/07/2023

When I try to access my online account all I get is an announcement saying I can't access my account. This has been happening for months. I spent a long time on the phone trying to restore access and gave up after the second or third access code didn't work.

I haven't received a paper or online bill in months, only reminders that payment will be due on a certain date. I was on auto pay from my credit union, but that hasn't been billed in months.

I've tried to pay by phone, but there is no way to tell the machine it has made a mistake repeating my debit card number.

I just set up another auto pay account, but was unable to set the payment date to meet his month's deadline.

For a communications company, you sure are hard to communicate with.

Desired outcome: I would like to restore access to my online account, and I'd appreciate a response.

S
5:26 pm EDT

TDS Telecommunications Internet

This is the worst company ever. I have tds come by to fix my services sometimes 2 to 3 times a month. You guys need to rewire in certain areas. Today someone xame out to bury a wire and thats all they had to do. Now im out of service until tomorrow afternoon. I have to give them up. Way too much interruptions throughout the month and i'm sure they could tell on their end. I know they get some kind of alert. Then they never credit your account for the time your services are interrupted.

10:31 am EDT

TDS Telecommunications internet

terrible service, internet is beyond unreliable and i work from home, i worry each day if there will be an issue bc if there is it takes days to resolve, i dont have days to wait, it was off this morning 6-7-2023 and i missed a very important phone call, that was health related, bc of tds' service, i hate it, absolutely disgusted with tds. the sad part is this is all i got bc satellite is also awful but yes even worse than tds, so im stuck until hopefully fiber net is installed. i am thinking of pursuing legal action.

Desired outcome: install fiber optics internet out here, the infrastructure is in place so get it going here!!!

C
5:13 pm EDT

TDS Telecommunications Internet service and equipment

Recently had TDS gigabyte fiber installed, it took 3 appointments to have installed. First appointment technician could not install due to fiber was not connected on the pole. 2nd appointment was a no show even after speaking with TDS customer service and being told installer was in the way. 3 appointment finally got everything installed, installer took old wireless modem with them and we bought our own wireless router mesh system to use. I asked and TDS installer said we could use our own equipment and wouldn't be charged the $10 a month equipment rental, told us to call TDS and tell them he took the wireless modem router and we were using our own equipment. We'll fast forward just shy of 1 month, called TDS to have charges removed and TDS customer service is saying we have a wireless router modem somewhere in our house, I have looked everywhere and found absolutely nothing. TDS gave me a serial number of the equipment it matches nothing in our house, TDS customer service said that the charge cannot be removed because we have the equipment, I asked for a TDS representative to come to my house and find this piece of equipment as I cannot TDS said they couldn't send anyone that all technicians are to busy. I gave TDS the serial number to the equipment we have and it didn't match anything they showed. TDS told me that the charge could not be removed and that they would not send anyone to verify the equipment in my house. I told TDS that it was their equipment so it was their responsibility to verify again was told TDS would not send anyone to look. So essentially TDS told me I will be charged $10 a month no matter what, for a piece of equipment that I can't find, and am pretty sure that the installer took with them because it isn't in my house. Either way pretty horrible customer service, there is essentially no service for the customer.

Also the 1 gig speed we pay for, on average we get 60mbps so there is also that can't even get what we pay for.

Desired outcome: Remove bogus charges, get the services you pay for. Customer service

N
3:29 pm EDT

TDS Telecommunications Telephone service

Since the very end of March I have been contacting TDS, spent hours since then trying to get the problem resolved. I've heard them blame cell towers, the telephone service provider for the two numbers I cannot reach on an off-and-on time, blamed my equipment at home for the failures. They have also contacted me to tell me that 'they fixed the problem' - first by a person who said he had been working on this situation and he had fixed it. Another time I got a recorded message saying the same thing. Now they are saying that TDS is not at fault and that it clearly is a TMobile issue (the carrier for the two numbers I try to reach - one of which is my emergency contact person). So TMobile did diagnostics twice and say its not on their end, and I have other people using TMobile and have NEVER not been able to get through to them - but yeah, TDS is not at fault... nonsense!

I would NEVER recommend this company to anyone and they ought to be ashamed of their poor business practices, or the lack of qualified technicians.

Desired outcome: I want to be offered a discount on my bill for April and May, but most of all I want them to own the fact that this IS a TDS issue and fix it.

V
9:17 am EDT

TDS Telecommunications Poor service

Dear TDS.

While you have advertised the latest and greatest of services available to the areas that you serve, your delivery is less than stellar. When service is working, it is on the par with other phone services. But where dependability is concerned, you fall way below the mark.

I work remotely for the federal government, and I serve our Nation's Veterans. But every time we have rain (and I am not speaking of hurricane-strength rain), my service goes down. Do you realize just how often that is? Furthermore, do you realize for how many YEARS I have contended with this?

The techs dutifully come out and mention that there is some disturbance in the system that should be remedied when fiberoptic is brought to our end of the service line. I have been hearing this for almost a year. The latest story is that the equipment has been purchased and is sitting in some warehouse awaiting installation (probably another year?). Spare me the covid woes - that was three years ago and it's time to step up to the plate.

I notice that my rates continue to increase, yet service remains poor. Why do you not adjust the bill for every time we lose service? I bet you'd get that fiberoptic up and running in a skinny minute if you thought you wouldn't get your full payment.

Sorry guys (and gals?). But in short, TDS sucks, and if I could find another pone service I would.

Desired outcome: What are you kidding? FIX the service and make it reliable !!!

P
1:35 pm EDT

TDS Telecommunications Charged for equipment even though returned

The equipment was returned to TDS after we moved. I called because we received a bill for $535.00, the billing department informed me the bill was for equipment that was not returned. I provided a tracking number and was told this would be corrected. That was November. In January I received a call from Stark Collections for a bill owed TDS of $535.00. I called TDS again, with the tracking number of the equipment returned, after several hours I was called and told that they located the equipment and this would be corrected. Fast forward to March 15th and another call from Stark Collections, and another call to TDS, this time I was told they will remove the equipment charge of $484.00 but I owe for a early disconnection charge to stark company. This should have never gone to a collection agency to begin with, but now I owe a collection agency $50.00 for a early termination fee that I am just finding out about! Supervisor told me I could see that there was an additional amount on bill, however the account was removed from online viewing. Horrible company. DO NOT USE.

Desired outcome: Should not owe anything but an apology from them regarding all of these headaches and time lost for trying to get this corrected

C
6:12 pm EST

TDS Telecommunications Internet service or lack of service

TDS Telecommunications LLC has to be the worst provider I have ever dealt with. Dial up would be faster at this point if it was not on TDS phone lines. I have never seen speeds above 0.5 mps. Yes, I typed that right, Point 5mps. Their customer service is awful. When you have an issue, it's days before they can send anyone out. Everything is out, I don't even have phone service. Thank God I have a cell for emergencies. If you have a choice of someone else, go with someone else.

Desired outcome: I wish someone else would come into our area to provide service. From TDS discount for service. Allow customers to have internet without phone service.

D
4:39 pm EST

TDS Telecommunications You are still billing me through auto pay and my cancellation was effective Nov 15th, 2022

I cancelled my service in Sept to be effective on or before the November pay schedule. I was on hold for an hour and a half. I finally went to the TDS office in Middleton, Wi. I turned in my modem on the 14th of Nov when my service stopped and asked why I had been billed again on Nov 1 for $98.65. They said I would receive a refund and my autopay account was no longer in the system. I asked if I should contact my bank and they said, “no.” I was no longer in the system. Well, I just checked my bank account and TDS took another $98.65 out of my checking account and I CANCELLED and SERVICE ended Nov. 14th.

I have called you numerous times, gone to your office on Junction Road in Middleton Wi twice and you still can’t get it together! GET ME OUT OF YOUR SYSTEM AND REFUND THE LAST TWO PAYMENTS.

Desired outcome: Refund my payments made Nov 1 and Dec 1, 2022Send me an email or letter confirming your attention to this.[protected]

L
7:46 pm EST

TDS Telecommunications Lying to customers

I had scheduled for high-speed internet and TV services at our new home for 15 November 2022 and had confirmed several times with various customer service reps for more than three weeks. The night before the scheduled installation, AND at a late hour of the day, I received a call saying that the install couldn't happen when original promised because fiber hadn't been run to the street and that it would take another week; sometime after the 21st. I explained to all of them that fiber HAD in fact been run and that at no time did anyone ever tell me that there was more to do - not even the technician who ran the fiber.

I went through three levels of alleged supervisors with the last one telling me that she (a Manager) ewas the highest level for complaints. She insulted me by offering a $50.00 credit towards my account. Now, we are stuck with no internet, TV, or landline phone service (not really needed).

This is how TDS treats their customers! I will be filing a complaint with the BBB and the FCC.

Desired outcome: I expect someone higher than a Manager to contact me immediately to tell me how they will resolve this issue.

D
10:51 pm EST

TDS Telecommunications Damage to yard

TDS damaged my yard while installing service. I told the person hooking up the service and he stated they would fix it, I never heard back. I called two weeks later and again was told they would send someone out to fix the damage and again I never heard anything from the company.

They left a inch wide opening in the yard where a shoe heel could get stuck and they left a patch about 1 1/2 foot by 2 feet the is two inched higher than the rest of the lawn. It would be very easy for someone to trip on this patch and fall.

Desired outcome: Fix the damage to my yard before someone get hurts. I want the inch wide trench filled and the raised patch lowered to be even with the rest of the lawn.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

TDS Telecommunications contacts

Dedicated to Authenticity

Encouraging Detailed Feedback

Balanced and Constructive Conversations

Free and Fair Platform

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with TDS Telecommunications?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with TDS Telecommunications Customer Service. Initial TDS Telecommunications complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for TDS Telecommunications above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about TDS Telecommunications. Discuss the issues you have had with TDS Telecommunications and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.