POP Telecom company logo
reviews & complaints
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

20 complaints
11 resolved 9 unresolved

Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more

POP Telecom reviews & complaints

POP Telecom complaints 20

W

POP Telecom - Fibre Broadband

Today 18/10/21 I checked the fibre deals from POP telecom they were offering £22.59 per month including calls. As an existing customer I enquired about he deal and was told it did not exist. I was looking at their own web page with deal deal on it. They denied having any such deal despite my sending them the page link. My advice is to steer well of this company with its sharp practice

Desired outcome: Honour the offer they advertised

POP Telecom - Internet broadband

I have no idea that Internet has been connected and no information on how to connect. The female in customer service team whom I spoke is so rude and not willing to listen or help to resolve the issue. I am very much upset to choose pop telecom as my first service provider in UK. Still I am not able to get full signal strength and Iam charged for it.

POP Telecom - no servive for Broardband

Dear Sir or madam

I got a letter from DCBL on the 21st September Baliffs i did try and phone this company on several times could not get through I want to know how a moths payment for £70 has gone up to
£876.49 when we had no service for 3 months and you did not try and fix so you can call off the balliffs you need to sort this out properly other wise you can take me to court i am not paying this amount which you have put on of £876.49 i will pay the £70 and that is it

Mr A Franklin

Desired outcome: please let me know

POP Telecom - My wifi connection

Please resolve the problem with the internet. I called many times and nothing has changed. If its not gonna change I'm not gonna pay anything. Since I'm a customer I just had problems. I repeat resolve the problem.I pay for nothing. I use my data more than the internet.It makes me very angry. The adress is 68 Winfield Street and the post code is CV21 3SH.

Sep 09, 2021

POP Telecom - Service

I recently had a some financial trouble and I couldn't pay this months bill so I contacted their live chat and asked if I could pay in a couple of weeks and that was fine the person I spoke to left a note with my file saying I'll pay on the 17th. Since then I have been constantly harassed by them for money I've had 5 text messages saying my bill is overdue then a 6th text threatening to suspend my service. I've also had multiple emails as well as multiple attempts to call me whilst I'm working. Worst broadband company out there.

POP Telecom - Broadband

I applied for superfast broadband with Poptelecom. I was told this would not be possible despite saying numerous times I have FTTP installed in my property. I was then told that I could have a package which would provide 11-18mbps service which would be more than sufficient for our needs. This was duly installed and we noticed our streaming on TV buffered alot and videos tool ages o download. We tested our speed and found download speed was 1.8mbps. After speaking to the technical team and trying an ADSL filter they admitted we would never get any higher than 3mbps with our line. I asked to cancel contract and spoke to a manager last week who told me this would be possible and she had listened to the recorded conversation of me being told we could get 11-18mbps and agreed to contract cancellation. Since then I have had numerous calls and texts asking why my broadband is being taken over by another FTTP provider and two members of the customer services team have told me I cannot cancel my contract without penalty. Yesterday I received a demand for £282.10 from the 'loyalty dept' for early termination. The communication within this organisation is abyssmal and were I an older more vulnerable customer I would feel threatened and intimidated by the bombardment of texts and calls and the demand letter. I spoke to the customer services dept manager last week asking for there to be one case manager and a name of said person and for the calls and harassment to stop with no avail I have also emailed them.

Desired outcome: I would like an email agreeing to termination of contract with no penalty due to miss selling and compensation as I have been paying for a service speed that cannot be provided.

POP Telecom - Broadband

Joined on 4th June 21. Asked for my landline to be carried over. When engineer came ha said they had given me another number which I didn't accept. Complained and got told my old provider had refused to port it. I then complained and kept getting sorry. I was allowed by my previous provider to carry on using my number via there router. I woke one day to find I had no internet because Poptelecom had cut their number off and let me have my old number at which time I was told there was a fault which Openreach were supposed to be sorting. Keep getting told have to wait for updates. Am not happy it's been nearly a month with no internet.

Desired outcome: Want internet sorting soon.

Y
Jul 18, 2021

POP Telecom - Fibre broadband internet

My internet has dropped off from 1:30am onwards on Sunday 17th July 2021. I tried to call their Technical a Service on the same day at 2pm. It goes straight to voicemail saying that they open SEVEN days a week from 9am to 6pm which is clearly NOT the case and very misleading!

As a result I cannot get any service and my internet remains unconnected! Not impressed.

Desired outcome: Internet connection as per contract

P
Jul 12, 2021
The company has left an official comment on the complaint.

POP Telecom - Drop out of internet every Sunday at midnight returns at 1am Monday

I have been in contact with customer services since February 2021 as my internet drops out every Sunday at midnight and comes back on 1am Monday. Although I appreciate that customer services try to help this is still on going. And today Monday 12 July they have rung to ask if the problem has been solved.(this call comes every Monday and I give the same answer NO). They are suggesting that we have an engineer out to check in the house and outside, as this has already been done twice before i find that unacceptable. I did ask what happens when the engineer has been and once again has found no fault what will Pop telecom do then. The reply was that I was prempting the situation. So once again they are arranging an engineer. I did ask if this problem could be escalated up the chain of command and was told those people do not talk to customers. Find that very rude they take our money and do not give a service. I have repeatedly told them that if they look on the Web and type in the problem they will see that others service provides have the same issue. I did a couple of months ago say I would like to terminate my contract only to be hit with a exit amount.
Is there any other Pop telecom customer having this issue

Desired outcome: Full service

K

POP Telecom - Broadband package

Poptelcom offered my 81 year mother a package at £23.50 per months with an 18 month contract... when she began to look at her bills she discovered that she was paying VAT on top of the quoted deal. Below if the e-mail with the deal

On Wed, 24 Feb 2021 at 14:24, Pop telecom Sales Support wrote:
Good afternoon

That deal for £23.50 would be on a fixed price on an 18 month contract we supply.
Thank you for contacting our customer service department.

Kindest Regards

Jay B

POP Telecom

She was actually charged £23.50 plus Vat making a total of £28:01 even though she has no way of claiming back the VAT as she is an end-user. This appears a be a lack of transparency in the contract offered...

Desired outcome: Refund or a cancellation of the contract

POP Telecom - Breach of contract

Dear sir I have been in touch with citizen advice and they are part of trading standard I reported what you been up to
You have breached my contract you got 14 days from today to pay back the over payment from march 2019 to november this year
You agreed £20.99
But you was taking £30.99
So I have been advised that you pay me back all over payment from march last year and copies off the original contract 2017 and 2019
No changes not to made to swindle it no lies
You got 14 days from today to send copy of contract and payments that was overpaid then if you dont I let citizen advice and trading standard deal with you and they have been informed that one of your employees has canceled my contract why would I stay with you when all you done is lie to me and took more then you should of done I was putting goods words about you on facebook how wrong was I to do so. You have treated me terrible things you done is complete awful

POP Telecom - cancellation charges account number 54169

Dear Sirs
I had to move out from 12 Dryden Close South Shields to 5 Blenkinsop Court South Shields on the 4 October 2019 for repairs to the property and had mentioned this to their agents and when I was due to return on December 17 2019 they could not re - connect me for several days and that there would be a charge, hence I changed providers. since then I was charged for January for non usage, then without notification they have charged me a further £247.43 I can only presume for early termination, according to the agreement I have It should have been £50.
I am 80 years old on state pension and this seems to be extorntionate to me
Please can you help.
Mr D A Lyons
12 Dryden Close
South Shields

O
Jan 30, 2020

POP Telecom - loss of landline number

We recently switched phone and internet supplier to Pop Telecoms.
They LOST our landline number that we have had for years and supplied us with a new number.
Can you imagine the distress of having to phone everybody from friends, banks, doctors etc.
Pop Telecoms are a disgrace. Check the company on Companies House. Look at the Winding Up orders issued to them and their associated companies.

I cant see any.

POP Telecom - broadband

I have a one year contract for a 35 mbps broadband but instead I get 0.5 mbps in the afternoons and evenings.

I reported the fault to the company 2 months ago, talked to a dozen "experts" on their help line - to no avail.

They also warned me they'd charge me 200 gbp if they send an engineer to check on the fault!

I wish I never joined them as I'm reading that leaving them is difficult and costly.

S
Nov 02, 2019

POP Telecom - broadband

Would give this company 0 stars if i could, absolute headache i've had to make 20+ calls to them and still no broadband! ..Ordered broadband from them a month and a half ago they just keep sending me modems (i've now got 3), they haven't a clue what they are doing. They take the money and install the broadband after the cooling off period, i've managed to escape them and their contract because the service i've received is appalling but i still can't go with another company because they've got an open order on my line. Honestly just avoid them

K
Nov 06, 2018

POP Telecom - broadband connection

Hi, i signed up with pop on 14th october. Money was taken immediately, go live date was 24th October and the date now is 6th November which i have been paying for broadband and still no service of...

POP Telecom - payment monthly

On 02/05/ 2018 I paid £22.00 Bill is was told it was £27 .00 I said to customer service it's there fault they just took less then original Bill in may I got cut off even though I paid the bill i...

P
Dec 24, 2017

POP Telecom - cancellation and charges

Having received over 700 reviews, Pop Telecom is ranked 95 out of all the 98 telecommunications firms reviewed on Trustpilot. The regulatory association of this firm is CISAS, who deals with...

J

POP Telecom - broadband

I placed an order for home phone and broadband early september i finally got activation date for 27/10/17 on the 23/10/17 39.00 was taken from my bank despite it was meant to be 23.00 per month router arrived 23/10/17 plugged in continuous red light no internet spent hr on phone getting toldto try set it through laptop nothing after many unanswered emails and promised phonecalls was told to return it with promise of would be reconfigured and sent 1st class return post i paid amost 4.00 to return it after 4 days still no router unanswered emails i eventually spoke to female who said no signal from router trying to explain i didnt have a router was horrendous.yesterday router got delivered same scenario now to be told all deta
ils have been scrubbed from router and i have to return it under no circumstances is that happening if i dont receive a new working unit within 48 hours i want my money refunded immediately ofcom and ombudsman are being contacted as this is fraud

Sep 22, 2017

POP Telecom - keep yourself away from this awful business

Terribly slooooowwwwww. If the wind blows the internet stops and connecting takes hours and years of waiting. Plus I pay unknown additional fees every month.
Your customer service department is a complete mess. They are not helpful and probably simply have no idea where they work. Never answer. Yes, that's how the help should work for sure. That was sarcasm.
The way everything is organized keeps getting on my nerves.
Yes, the best resolution of this situation is just to change the provider. That's all.

POP Telecom Company contacts