Having problems with KIA Motors?

1877 542 2886 (Canada)
131 542 (Australia)
8800 301 0880 (Russia)
1800 888 542 (Malaysia)
+82 234 641 114 (South Korea)
+1 800 333 4542 (United States)
+44 333 202 2990 (United Kingdom)
+353 16 497 493 (Ireland)
+43 800 784 777 (Austria)
+32 27 296 979 (Belgium)
+31 888 542 542 (Netherlands)
+41 627 888 899 (Switzerland)
+966 920 014 200 (Saudi Arabia)
+27 117 768 800 (South Africa)
+94 112 342 725 (Sri Lanka)
12, Heolleung-ro, Seocho-gu
Seoul
Korea (South)

Complaints & Reviews

Service department

I took my Car into Kia Alliance to get a oil change and I noticed the next day some of my 12 package of...

KIA Motors

Kia Soul EV

This is an Electric Kia Soul. I drove the car into the garage. Put it in park and turned the car off. I normally put the parking brake on. I opened the charging door but did not plug it in immediately. I took groceries into the house and returned for more. As I walked back into the garage it looked like the car lurched backward. It moved 2 feet back and would have hit the garage door if it was closed. Maybe it rolled and then caught itself and looked like it lurched backward. The garage is a nearly level concrete surface. I got back in the car. It was in park. I turned on the car to move it forward but before I did, I checked to see if the parking brake was on. It was not. I may have forgotten to place it on when I pulled into the garage. I could not recall exactly but I always put the parking brake on every time I park the car. This was scary because it rolled/lurched at least 2 feet backward. I did not see any error/alert lights that there was a problem. I have owned the car almost 2 years and purchased a certified pre-owned car from an authorized Kia Dealer with an extended warranty.

have not responded to request for lien release for a vehicle that was paid off two years ago

I am very irritated to say the least. I have purchased three Kia vehicles of the past several years and have used Kia Finances for the last two at least. On January 10th, 2020, my wife was crossing an intersection here in Minneeapolis, MN and was struck by a delivery truck that ran a red light. While my wife was only slighty injured, the Kia was totalled. The other insurance company admitted that they were 100% at fault and are willing to pay for the car. When presented with a copy of the title they resonded that it indicated that there was still a lien on the vehicle. We contacted Kia Finances and requested the lien release and were told that it would be sent to us. After several phone calls, over the past 5 weeks and being told that the release had been mailed it is yet to appear. I will most certainly not use Kia Finances again and may not ever purchase a Kia again.
I am once more requesting a lien release for our 2012 Kia Rio. I can be contacted via cell phone [protected]

Dealership failed to put oil in after oil service.

You would think if your taking your car to the dealership its getting the best Attention. I have taken my...

Kia Sportage 2018 ten (10) times same failure

This vehicle has been serviced ten (10) times to date to address the same problem, which is affecting the vehicle's safe and correct operation. The following describes the general performance issues:
- All dashboard indicator lights switch on.
- The motor switches to security mode, limiting its power to below 100%.
- The automatic gearbox becomes locked.
- The following stop working: speedometer, tachometer and temperature sensor.
the fault has presented itself a total of ten (10) times, and also taking into account that the vehicle has remained a total of 80 days in the shop while it has been inspected and supposedly repaired
I demand a definite solution to this situation. I feel I can no longer trust the vehicle with my safety and that of my family.

Kia Sportage 2018 ten (10) times same failure

KIA Motors Corporation

Kia sportage Air Conditioning

Model: Kia Sportage 2018 Name: Chai Jyh Jiann Reg No: VC 2227 Very Disappointed on quality Kia Sportage...

Naza Kia Malaysia

2016 Kia Forte EX Airbags

Michelle Garza owner of a 2016 Kia Forte EX vin: KNAFX4A69G5460851
On February 21 2020 at 11pm I had a wreck. I was driving 70mph cruise was set coming over a hill on HWY 62 Oklahoma. A truck was either stopped or traveling at a very low speed. I had no reaction time to break. The entire front of my car was smashed in and the airbags did not deploy. I wanted to inform you of this default and I would like to settle this out of court. I feel I should be compensated due to the fact that in this situation or any other situation I could have lost my life. Please contact me at [protected] by phone, or email me at [protected]@bbcgrp.com.

Michelle Garza

tire repair/replace

Click and Clack often advised readers to avoid having your vehicle serviced at the dealer if at all possible...

suspect dishonest workers

Problems / Complaint as below : Dated : 2/3/2020 1. Around 9.15 a.m - My car PME 6266 delivered to Kia JNS...

the sensors/engine

On Febury 25th, my car started knocking. I was on a very busey highway in Atlanta GA, during rush hour. When i got to a place i could feel safe, i pulled over. to my suprise, I had no oil. The lid was on, NO sensors where on, car not running hot. I was due a oil change, but there should of been oil in my car. (I am in a dispute with the company that changed my oil as well.) So took my car to the dealer ship, my engine is tost!! $ 7, 000.00 would put a new engine in my car. I don't have that money. So know no car, and i have to take a hit on my credit to get new car.
I feel that i shouldn't have to go through all this, the sensors did not go off!!!
the car is at the dealership, trying to work it all out.
my email [protected]@gmail.com
Brandy Thomas

back door

I had an exident on 28 december 2019, now already end february. Still dont have any feedback. When I come to sc they said need to wait parts arrive. What the hell almost 2 month for nothing. How this happen? I need an immediate action for this or not I will write an email to kpdkk about this!! My insurance claim already approved since january. Why I never hear any feedback!!! They ask me to recommend to friend. Do you think I can recommend for this [censored] services? I need kia malaysia feedback to me asap!!

back door

Naza Kia Malaysia

2013 Kia Optima Hybrid

On Feb 12th, My vehicle lost power while traveling alone on the highway at almost midnight. I called and had the vehicle towed to my local Kia dealership where they informed me that it was engine failure. I would need a whole new engine. They told me also that the engine was included in a recall for that year and model. They requested to have the motor replaced and was denied by Kia. I called consumer affairs and was pretty much laughed at because the Hybrid models were not included in the recall even thou they have the same motor. I was told later they didn't include the hybrid because not enough were produced to include in the recall. The dealership has verified the issue with my vehicle is the exact same issue as with the ones that have been include in the recall. they have found metal shavings in the motor oil. Carriage Kia of Woodstock Ga has also said they would share all the info concerning my vehicle with whom ever it takes to get my motor replace.
I want my motor replaced by Kia. and I want this model to be included in the recall . I have taken great care of my Kia : having repairs and maintenance done by Kia on time, everytime.

Your TV advertisement

The girls doing the KIA advertisement on TV that I receive in Naples, Fl should be taken off the air. Caroline has been doing this job for a long time. They added a young Latino girl who dresses inappropriately, to say the least. Have her call me and I'll tell her what she looks like.
Caroline's clothing is not suitable for her size. She looks like she ready to do the weekly laundry.
I am so focused on their appearance that I do not hear their spill!

Angela C. Starinsky
[protected]

White paint started coming off roof and rusting

I have a 2013 Kia Sorento which about two years ago I noticed a spot on the roof above windshield. It kept...

2012 kia picanto recall info

Good day, I wanted to address an issue with the local Kia Dealer here in Hamilton Bermuda re: obtaining...

KIA Motors Corporation

rear hatch

Rear hatch on my 2014 sorento sxl goes up, then quickly comes down 3/4 of the way. This is very dangerous. I...

lack of information about car when agreeing a lease

I have leased 5 cars from Gerald Kia over the last 6/7 years (one for myself each time and then my wife). So...

locking steering wheel

In 2012 we purchased a new KIA Optima GDI EX at Rk Kia, paying cash. We preformed all the required maintence...

defected part

Own a 2010 Kia Rio5 with 47, 000km. I'm the second owner, which I purchased two years ago, with 9, 000 km. The engine light turned and immediately my vehicle had issues with its gears. Took my car to Kia Canada, and was advised the transmission, the 4th gear is gone and needed to replace my transmission. I called Kia and spoke with three different people and all say the warranty is done and they will not help. I don't understand how Kia is not willing to help a consumer. The vehicle has only 47, 000km. I have never heard of transmission going so fast. The Supervisors and managers at Head office are rude and not willing to assist. On their website there statement for customer: "We promote a customer-driven corporate culture by providing the best quality and impeccable service with all values centered on our customers. Mr. Britton left me a message stating he received my message from his supervisor and is standing behind his employee, without even speaking to me. There warranty is five years or 100, 000km on their driven train, which means to me they believe their transmission should last at least 100, 000km. My car only has 47, 000km.

Your Desired Resolution:
Pay for half. Pay for the parts and I will pay for the labor. Such poor service. They absolutely do not stand on their own Core Values.

• Updated by Sandra Tvrtkovic · Jan 24, 2020

Spoke with Robert Marner, Director of Customer Experience today. They stand behind there warranty not their PRODUCT. He was rude, wouldn't listen and would argue with every question I would ask. Do not buy Kia again due to the executive team, as well they do not stand behind their product. This obviously was a defected part; however, they stand by their warranty. I understand the vehicle is 10 years old, but come on a transmission needs to be replaced at 47, 000km (lady driven). They do not care about you coming back or satisfaction of their customers. They are rated one of the lowest car companies in the world. Cheap service, that's why the car is cheap. Stay away from KIA. Over 750 unresolved complaints. Unheard of!!!

defective part

Your Desired Resolution:

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices