Menu

complaints

KIA Motors Complaints Summary

107 Resolved
1473 Unresolved
Our verdict: If considering services from KIA Motors with a critical resolution rate, extra caution is advised. Examine detailed customer feedback to understand the severity and nature of unresolved issues. Be prepared for the possibility of unsatisfactory responses and have contingency plans, including seeking assistance from consumer advocacy groups if necessary.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for KIA Motors has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of KIA Motors. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

KIA Motors complaints 1580

Sort by:

Newest KIA Motors complaints

10:53 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Dropped my car to Trinity Kia Service Department on the 9th of February at 7:45am. I was told by 8:45am on the same day I will have a call back telling me what issues they found. I did not receive a call until 12:45pm that same day. I was told the car needed a new part that will have to be ordered and shipped, and was told 2 weeks wait at the most. I...

C
11:39 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

As a returning Kia customer to Roseville Kia, I expected my experience to be a positive one, similar to the last. It was not. The sales team currently functions with the bait and switch, high pressure, too many people involved tactic that has kept me away from dealers, except Roseville Kia, for the past 20 years. We had in writing what we wanted, were...

1:10 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Nearly three years ago, I dropped my vehicle off at the Dealership with my recall paperwork. The service manager, at the time, asked if he could keep my vehicle overnight. Of course, I said. I informed him that I used my vehicle for work. He mentioned that he could not give me a vehicle. I informed the Service manager that I was burning 4 quarts every 1,000...

Is KIA Motors legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals KIA Motors as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 6% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, KIA Motors stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering KIA Motors should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

KIA Motors earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: KIA Motors achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for KIA Motors. The company provides a physical address, 28 phone numbers, and 2 emails, as well as 4 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

KIA Motors has received 3 positive reviews on our site. This is a good sign and indicates a safe and reliable experience for customers who choose to work with the company.

Kia.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows KIA Motors website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Kia.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

Kia.com you are considering visiting, which is associated with KIA Motors, is very old. Longevity often suggests that a website has consistently provided valuable content, products, or services over the years and has maintained a stable user base and a sustained online presence. This could be an indication of a very positive reputation.

KIA Motors as a website that uses an external review system. While this can provide valuable feedback and insights, it's important to carefully evaluate the source of the reviews and take them with a grain of salt.

KIA Motors website is deemed to be popular and indicating that it receives a high volume of traffic. It is important to be cautious when using a highly trafficked website, as it may be a target for cybercriminals looking to exploit vulnerabilities or steal personal information.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While KIA Motors has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 6% of 1580 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to KIA Motors. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
6:51 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I purchased a brand new 2019 Kia Forte (3KPF24AD8KE037000) from a dealership in Puerto Rico. Now that I live in Texas, I'm facing an issue with the Kia dealership, which is refusing to fulfill a security recall that addresses the anti-theft system of my car. It's unacceptable that Kia is rejecting a US citizen and permanent resident of a US state, denying...

1:03 pm EST

KIA Motors Paint peeling

Right sliding door,right door, rear lift gate and wind deflector over lift gate.

All paint peeling. Snow White pearl.

David Christopher

1280 Old Oak Circle

Birmingham Al 35235

[protected]

Vin# KNDMB5C19G6192765

Desired outcome: New paint job

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified KIA Motors representatives only. If you are affiliated with KIA Motors, please claim your business to access these details.

11:14 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I had bought a 2020 KIA Sportage from University KIA, in Madison, AL in March of 2020. Last February 2023, when washing the vehicle i had noticed that the paint or clear coat was starting to peel off of the side view mirrors. I took it back to the dealer for a warranty complaint, they took some pictures and had me get an estimate. They did fix this issue...

8:15 am EST

KIA Motors KIA Optima Plug in Hybrid 9/2018 head unit touchscreen

Dear KIA,

I have a KIA Optima 2.0 PHEV SW car (9/2018). It is even under warranty. Suddenly the touchscreen on the head unit started to not working (touch mode) so that I can not reach the menu of the car and I can not download the updates at all.

I got the answer from the dealer/service center that there is only 3 years warranty for the head unit, and I should bear the cost for a change that takes approx. 2000 $.

My problem is, that it concerns not only the audio system, but the entire car menu because the updates for the car can not be reached.

I would like to ask you to make an exception and replace the head unit under warranty.

This car is my third KIA and I would like to buy a fouth one as well, so

I don't want to be disappointed in the brand.

Thank you for your understanding in advance.

Best regards: Edina Hornyik

KIA owner

Claimed loss: $2000

Desired outcome: Please change the head unit free of charge.

F
12:15 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On 10.7.2023, my adult daughter was rearended by another vehicle while she was driving her brand new Sportage 2024. She just graduated college and saved her money to buy what she thought would be a wonderful car. As of today, 1.29.2024, her car has not been fixed. Part number 65511DW070, rear floor pan has been back ordered for 4 months! She continues to...

S
10:25 am EST

KIA Motors 2014 Kia Sorento Delamination of Pearl White Paint

I called Kia about the Paint coming off my Sorento and was told to provide pictures of before and repair, Proof of ownership/purchase, and proof of payment for the repairs. I was told a customer care team would review and make a determination of the possibility of reimbursement. I did this and paid $1875. After submitting the information, I waited for about 10 days. I finally got a reply. They denied my claim based on the vehicle being out of warranty! Why was I not advised of this before I spent the Money! They knew it was out of warranty and it would not be covered! I should have been told this before I spent $1900 I didn't really have on a problem they are very well aware of!

Claimed loss: $1875

Desired outcome: I want Kia to honor my Claim.

10:03 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Automatic Emergency Braking Passenger Side Air Bag Smart Cruise Control System Forward Collision Warning Lane Departure Warning System attached Picture of all the features that stopped working on this vehicle. Head lights blinked on occasion and others all stopped working at the same time which makes the vehicle unsafe to drive. Took it into the dealer...

A
12:35 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On 1/16/24 my husband and I went to Kia of Cherry Hill to purchase a vehicle. My son's friend work there so I felt he would treat me right and don't cheat me. He told me not to use my trade-in and that this was a better car than the one I wanted. This car has nothing but a radio. I have lymphadema so I need leg room. If I push the seat back no can sit in...

8:25 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have a 2016 Kia Optima and at the moment they are being held up with duct tape. When the first window broke my wife took it to the dealer to get fixed. A service tech used some kind of tape to hold window up until repaired. The service manager call with a estimate of around $2500 to repair. The tape they used to hold window up took a quarter size chunk of...

8:05 pm EST

KIA Motors Kia Optima Hybrid

I purchased a 2016 Kia Optima Hybrid on 03-04-22.
A used car with 87000 miles on it.
I have a loan which is now at 15,500 approximately
Now the Hybrid engine is gone as well as a transmission. Both at the same time
The dealership service department now wants 24,00 in parts alone
the car is not worth that much and I am still paying on the loan
There is no way these parts of the engine would both go out at the same time.
I am paying on a loan on a car that I cannot use and cannot afford.
I am at a loss to find another way to fix this problem as I cannot afford a second loan equal to a whole new car.
I am seeking a solution to assist with this so I can get another vehicle as I feel this is unfair and not right

Claimed loss: at leas 16000

Desired outcome: pay myself the equal amount of my loan of 15500 plush an aditional 3000 so that I can aquire new vehicle18500 at lease

Y
3:52 pm EST

KIA Motors 2017Kia Forte LX Sedan 16V DOHC Engine

A few days I go I was driving my car and it started making a noise that is similar to a diesel truck engine. I proceeded to get on the free way where my car was hesitant to shift to the correct gear. I switched it over to manual as my car is a dual transmission and when I did it was in 3rd gear and my rpm’s were reading 65mph. At this point I almost got hit by semi truck with a trailer. I got off at the next exit. I called my dad and he told me to park the car until he got home from work. My dad called his mechanic who looked at it and told my dad to have me call Kia Motors because it was the bearings in the engine. I have seen that there has been recalls for that part but my vehicle has not been included in that recall. I could have lost my life or been very hurt due to the fact that my car stalled at wouldn’t reach the right speed. I thank God that I didn’t but now my car is not drive able and I’m not able to get to my appointments and things I need done.

Desired outcome: To get my engine replaced or to be reimburse for the money I have paid into my car because of this situation my car is a total lost of money I’ve paid the finance company and put in my car to keep up will the maintenance.

P
9:02 pm EST

KIA Motors Over Speed Limit Warning tone

If you drive over the recognised speed limit a series of tones is heard, not just once but ongoing. This can be disabled but resets itself each time the car is turned off. Additionally, disabling it also removes other information that assists with driving safely.

It is particularly annoying when the vehicle gets the actual speed limit wrong.

Can just the warning tone be turned off permanently?

Desired outcome: Update to system software to allow the tone to be turned off

9:27 pm EST

KIA Motors Recall timeline

On November 14 I was informed that my 2014 Cadenza has a problem that requires a recall. A short circuit could cause an engine fire. I was told to not park my car anywhere near another car or a building. I have been waiting a month and half without the use of my car, as driving it is discouraged as IT MAY BLOW UP. A month and a half? Are you kidding? I have been without my car for six weeks waiting for KIA to get their [censored] together and fix my car. "We're waiting for the part" is a lame excuse. FIX MY CAR SO I CAN DRIVE IT.

Desired outcome: FIX MY CAR ASAP

B
5:17 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I unfortunately had a deer run out in front of my 2019 KIA Sorento and it went into the body shop (Third Generation Auto Body Nesconset NY [protected]) for repairs and one of the items is on backorder. The part in question is P/N: 86510-C6510 has been on backorder since 12/7 and finally shipped from KIA Corporate in South Korea on 12/14. The dealer that...

T
12:32 pm EST

KIA Motors Infotainment system

I have a 2021 KIA K5 GT. The infotainment system has been dying over the last few months. It seems that the W-Fi connection is disconnecting at random and in some certain locations. The system screen will go blank and it will come back saying trying to connect and then fail. Can not connect with CarPlay, just to mention some of the different screens I will see. I have talked to Verizon and I am using an Apple Iphone 13 and they didn't find any trouble with the phone, they even did a factory reset without any change. I will be having the Infotainment system changed out at my local KIA dealer here in Yuma, AZ. I also head from the service department that KIA has a lot of these systems that have failed in the K5 GT, maybe it's time to look into this matter and maybe issue a recall for this system. We had a 2014 Sorento, that had a full system that included navigation, SiriusXM, Hands Free Phone and it worked GREAT, this system sucks.

Desired outcome: I want this problem to be taken care or replaced with a more reliable system. When you loose navigation or hands free phone call drops, this is not what consumers want.

J
9:30 am EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

KIA Motors Unable to make changes in "Curfew Alerts" in Car Zone - Old Ticket Closed, Never Resolved - Ticket Claim [protected]

This is my 4th attempt in getting KIA Connect feature looked into and resolved. Not sure what more I have to do to get a service representative to give me a call to a go through the problem. I attempt to make changes to the Curfew Settings and save those changes. The changes do not take effect and return to the defaults settings. Every time I reported the issue I receive a reply email that states the following - "Hello, sorry for taking so long to respond we have been in touch with back end team and they are advising that your issue has been resolved. Please try and let us know if it is not". I report back to the correspondence that the issue was not corrected with screenshots highlighting the problem. There is no return reply that the compliant has been looked into further or resolved and the ticket is closed. Please advise.

Claimed loss: Loss of use of feature. The Trial Period is about to expire. If this is something that cannot be solved, why would I invest into the subscription service that does not cover a feature that I want to implement?

Desired outcome: Correct/Resolve the issue.

A
6:24 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Went to Car Pros KIA Huntington Beach, struct a deal. On buying a vehicle, finance guy say we can only lease you because of your credit after a year or two you have option to buy, agreed upon trade in, agreed upon purchase price for the vehicle that I already paid off$26,861 having surgery next day, we decided wait, on the vehicle, just got home after...

Read full review of KIA Motors
How to file a complaint about KIA Motors?

1. Log in or create an account: Ensure you are logged in to your ComplaintsBoard.com account. If you do not have an account, you will need to create one by providing the necessary information and verifying your email address.

2. Navigating to the complaint form: Once logged in, locate the 'File a Complaint' button, which can be found at the top right corner of the website, and click on it to access the complaint form.

3. Writing the title: In the 'Complaint Title' field, provide a concise summary of your main issue with KIA Motors. Make it specific and clear, such as "Faulty Engine in New KIA Sorento" or "Poor Customer Service at KIA Dealership."

4. Detailing the experience: In the complaint description, thoroughly explain your experience. Include key areas such as:

• The model and year of your KIA vehicle, if applicable.
  • Details of the issue, including dates, locations, and any specific incidents.
  • Any communications you've had with KIA Motors representatives, including emails, calls, or in-person visits.
  • Describe the steps you've taken to resolve the issue and the responses received from KIA Motors.
  • Explain how this issue has personally affected you, such as inconvenience, financial loss, or safety concerns.

5. Attaching supporting documents: Attach any relevant documents that support your complaint, such as receipts, emails, or service records. Do not include sensitive personal information like your Social Security number or bank account details.

6. Filling optional fields: Use the 'Claimed Loss' field to indicate any financial losses you have incurred due to the issue. In the 'Desired Outcome' field, specify what resolution you are seeking from KIA Motors, whether it's a refund, repair, or other forms of compensation.

7. Review before submission: Carefully review your complaint for clarity, accuracy, and completeness. Ensure that all the information provided is correct and that your desired outcome is reasonable and clearly stated.

8. Submission process: After reviewing your complaint, click the 'Submit' button to officially file your complaint against KIA Motors on ComplaintsBoard.com.

9. Post-Submission Actions: Keep an eye on your ComplaintsBoard.com account for any responses or updates to your complaint. Be prepared to engage in further communication if necessary to resolve your issue with KIA Motors.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

KIA Motors contacts