Menu

reviews & complaints

Honda Motor Complaints Summary

211 Resolved
394 Unresolved
Our verdict: Engaging with Honda Motor, which has a below-average resolution rate, demands caution. Thoroughly assess their service reviews and explore how they handle unresolved complaints. If you encounter issues, document your experiences meticulously and be persistent in seeking resolutions.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Honda Motor has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Honda Motor. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

Honda Motor complaints 605

Sort by:

Newest Honda Motor reviews & complaints

E
8:21 pm EST

Honda Motor Post-Delivery Service

Date: 14 Jan 2024

The incident happened in Sep 2023 (4 months ago)

Location: Malaysia

We approached the service center and there was no response till I re-attempt Dec 2024 (after 3 months) I am surprised that on the Honda Malaysia website, there is no area for the customer to file a complaint besides the feedback form.

I have filed my complaints via the feedback form, a total of 3 complaints within 4 weeks. Yet Honda Malaysia has not responded, the service center informed us that Honda Malaysia is not responsible for the damage.

We are seeking Honda Malaysia's official response after several attempts, with our facts on hand, we submit it to Honda Japan for more attention.

Claimed loss: HRV Undercover

Desired outcome: Honda Malaysia's official response

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified Honda Motor representatives only. If you are affiliated with Honda Motor, please claim your business to access these details.

6:42 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My wife and I purchased a new CRV hybrid touring 2023 at Motor World in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsyvania. When we purchased the automobile we were told we would receive 3 free oil changes. We owned the vehicle for over 6 months now and have over 6000 miles on it. I called Motor World service for one of my 3 prommised oil changes. I specifically stated this is one...

L
2:18 am EST

Honda Motor Maintenance problem of my Honda FRV Car in Noumea, New-Caledonia

Dear Sir,

My car is Honda FRV type MJH1506V4458, since year 2008.

It is running well since this time. The mechanical part of the Neman steering wheel locking system has been defectuous and we had to change it with original Honda spare parts.

Since November 7th 2023, I have left my Honda car by Toyota-Honda dealer's mechanical workshop in Noumea, New-Caledonia and they do not manage to program the new key for the Neman. They said to me, that they have to contact Honda Japan for further information.

I cannot use my car because of this Neman problem since 1 and half month and I have no recent information from Honda dealer, about what could be the solution.

Could you please help for this ?

My name is Benoit Lhote and e-mail address : eb.[protected]@gmail.com.

Best regards,

Benoit Lhote

S
6:24 am EST

Honda Motor CRV brake disc

I had complaints about my break issue 4 times and each time I complain Honda UsJ Malaysia service centre will skim my break disc without changing break pad. The form where I sign before collecting car indicates that’s my break pad has 9mm and recommended to change if 4mm or below. Now my break disc is spoiled and they refused to claim via warranty. The disc was damaged completely by reluctant of Honda USJ Malaysia.

H
5:05 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I'm writing to complain about the terrible service my partner has been suffering from Honda New Zealand since she brought the car new in 2021 it has been back to Honda many many times because of the dashboard having a horrible rattle and each time we got the car back is was worse than it was and one time when we got the car back it had lots of old rag...

10:14 am EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Honda Motor Critical parts availability.

A critical parts order has not been activated as suggested by Honda customer service after an order for parking brake cable replacements was cancelled due to lack of availability.

My email request went to the local dealership this week and the request is being ignored.

My Honda Pilot cannot pass inspection due to this lack of replacement parts and is rendered useless.

My cancelled order was placed online number [protected] from Bedard Bothers Honda and I have not heard back from the their parts dept regarding the request to place this order on "critcal status".

Claimed loss: I cannot use my 2010 Honda pilot EX-L due to un-available critical replacement parts which I have tried to obtain for over a year.

Desired outcome: Make parts available so that my vehicle can pass inspect and used safely as required by law.

L
11:23 am EST

Honda Motor Claim # [protected]

I filed a claim for my AC compressor because I received a letter in the mail that it was under warranty and I would be eligible for an reimbursement.

I paid over $1800 in fees and finance charges when I originally paid for my repairs.

Now I am only getting reimbursed $1091 and when I called the [protected] a lady named Jessica was super rude and condescending.

Very bad customer service experience.

Brenda Torres

4:35 am EST

Honda Motor Honda Civic RS

Bought Honda Civic. So many defects. One after another. Long waiting time to claim warranty.

First was the dashboard defects. Took ling time to claim and fixed.

Now USB defects due to Radio failure. Replaced and drove the car back. Then discovered no connection to radio station. Was requested to drive back the car to service center for checking.

Gear rack also defective. Found out it's a defect for quite many Honda cars. Was told no stock and waiting period up to Jan 24 and beyond. Was advised not to drove far for safety reasons?!

Been using various Honda cars for years and this is the first time I have experienced the low quality Honda Civic RS. This will be my last Honda car.

Desired outcome: Fast warranty replacement for gear rack as it is related to safety issue.

1:27 pm EST

Honda Motor Honda 2018 Odyssey

The 2018 Honda Odyssey has a design flaugh. The control module for the back hatch is not sealed well and allows condensate to bulid upinside and short it out.

This module should be redesigned to avoid this problem.

This problem is common with this model. The module is hard to get because of the numerous failures.

Jeff Wyler Honda in Louisville, Kentucky charged me $2,600.00 and did not fix the problem.

My Brother-In-Law replaced the module in 15 minutes.

Desired outcome: A redesigned part to be provided to 2018 Odyssey for free.

11:51 am EDT

Honda Motor Honda civic 2012 hybred recall inverter

I have dsent many emails to honda in california , i cant even get them to call back and when they do there are not very nice.

See technical bullentin tsb20-[protected] code poae1

this is excatly what my repair shop found

honda in califormia says not covered but bulletin say all 2012 civic hybreds are honda wanted $5500 to repair my bill attached was $3218.33..Orgina ome honda part

i have been a walking ad poster for hona all my life

i have puchased 18 vehichles for myself daughters mother and grand child

ck for yourself here are the phone numers [protected], [protected], [protected] ,[protected]

this has really dissaponited me to no end its not right and honda ik doesnt treat customers like this i appreciate anything you can do for a retired honda advicate

Claimed loss: PLEASE REFUND $3300

K
7:33 pm EDT

Honda Motor Carbon Free Comercial

I just seen your carbon free by 2050 commercial.

I will NEVER buy a HONDA EVER!

This Climate Change BS has got to stop!

You cannot make a battery operated vehicle at this time that endure being stranded a snow locked traffic for hours and until you can, Pushing it on the public is severely annoying!

And because of it. This man and many, many others will NEVER BUY!

You are going to go backrupt.

Desired outcome: Stop!

N
4:52 am EDT

Honda Motor Bad quality air throttle valve crv 1.6 model 2018 auto

I had a civic 1.6 diesel 120 hp. and for 10 years I had no problems.

now i bought crv 2018 1.6 diesel auto.

and suddenly my air throttle valve broke, they told me that it costs 3000 euros to make a new one. I opened it and I was surprised, it had plastic gears, and if I buy a new one in 5 years it will break again. This is Honda's fault, and they should recall this particular one

spare parts.

K
10:34 am EDT

Honda Motor Service and warranty

PNP 1101, service at Kah Motor,88, Jln Semabuk, Malacca, Malaysia. Complained about brake pedal noise on 30/3/22, 5/9/22,7/2/23 during servicing of my car but not resolved. My last service was on 9/9/23 and l Complained again on brake pedal noise. I was told the problem is due to electric brake set & master cylinder set, but my warranty has expired on 7/8/23! Why did they replace the parts for me during the warranty period since the brake problem had been highlighted since 30//3/22! I appealed to Honda customer service but was told that my brake problem started after my warranty period! This is ridiculous!

Desired outcome: Honda Malaysia should honour my warranty as the brake pedal noise happened before the expiry of my car warranty.

H
2:18 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On Friday, Sept. 1 (Labor Day Weekend), I began my 9+ hour drive for vacation and approximately 4 hours into my drive, my 2016 Civic began having A/C issues. I had received a letter from Honda a month or so prior to this issue stating that they were extending the warranty for [protected] Civic for an A/C compressor shaft seal leak, with no mileage limitation...

9:48 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Towed to honda repair facility in 21st june 2023 2nd week in july the warrenty company approve the repairs 1.) transmission assembly was replaced. Axle, brakes, sway bar links. Recomendation: leaky steering fluid (rack) 10 august got vehicle (was not performing properly) 2.) observed fluid leak and returned vehicle on august 11, replace timing belt and...

5:46 pm EDT

Honda Motor Recall JC1-1014531 air bag

I would like to make a complaint. My Honda bought in Japan and shipped to Cayman Islands. Had its air bag recalled.

Since July 26, 2023 I have had no remedy from the Honda dealer, Car City.

I cannot renew my car license and this vehicle is used as a delivery for business. My business is at a loss with no deliveries from July 26, 2023.

Dealer has no remedy except to wait for the replacement part. I cannot renew my car license without it.

Why are recalls being enforced by this dealer if they do not have parts for indefinate periods of time. no loaners or refunds. To date no replacement part has been install or remedy given.

Please investigate and advise.

[protected]

Julie Range

Desired outcome: Replacement part and reimbursement for loss of business and vehicle usage. Dealer license revoked for bad service

3:28 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Honda Motor Repair order: 7374501. Tsb 17-014, 17-015, not covering under warranty

The TSB above explains that the issue is covered when the car is under 80,000 or 8 years. Our car is a 2016, so under 8 years and it was under 80,000 miles when I made the appointment. I called and scheduled an appointment with Roush Honda in Westerville Ohio on 8/28/23. They did not have any earlier appointments, and so they put me on the schedule for 9/2/23.

Now they won't cover the issue under warranty because my car has 80,133 miles. This is absolutely ridiculous. I've driven Honda's my whole life. I've had 2 Civics, a Prelude, and HR-V, and now the Pilot. Can they show some common decency and cover this, even I'm over by 133 miles when I was under 80,000 when I made the appointment?

Desired outcome: Cover the cost of service under warranty.

S
3:27 am EDT

Honda Motor Problem with my car paint

Dear Sir/Madam

i have bought an HRV from the official dealer of HONDA here in Cyprus in June 2019. (DEMSTAR automotive). Now the dealer is GALATARIOTIS. i took it there and they said probably the decision will be against me.

Anyway, my car paint started to peel for no particular reason and i cannot accept that a bird poop did the damage as they have told me. My family owned several hondas since 1989, civic 1989, accord 198-, integra 1996, accord 2004, crv 2009, and none of them had such problem from a bird poop.

so what i will have to take precautions for all the birds they are flying in the sky? isn't the paint suppose to be durable for this stuff? older cars are left with bird poops for months and the paint remains intact. the color of my car is white pearl and under the paint the sheet metal is visible. There is no other layer of paint beneath it.

my car most of the day time is in a basement parking because of my work.

i take good care of it

Desired outcome: i would like the company to repaint correctly my car at no cost even if the 3 years warranty is expired.

A
3:08 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Hello. I am Aris From Indonesia. I just want to help Indonesian customers who do not know how to complain about the quality of the Honda motorbike which is produced in Indonesia I want a tell you that in Indonesia viral on social media many motorbikes produced in Indonesia had broken in frames. all broken with ESAF Frame which is produced in 2020 above. You...

2:25 am EDT

Honda Motor Honda vezel

Hi, I have buy your Honda vezel from Singapore parallel importer. I buy this car in 1st March 2023 and now the car has a big problem. The problem is that the hand break pump given problem and the workshop has no spare part as this is the newer model. Could you kindly advise? The car has been in the workshop for 1 week already. Hope you can respond to this email-: [protected]@yahoo.com.sg.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Honda Motor contacts