Having problems with Ford?

Ford reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jul 20, 2006. The latest review Peeling chrome clad 20"rims was posted on Jul 29, 2021. The latest complaint 2014 ford escape was resolved on Jun 21, 2019. Ford has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 2010 reviews. Ford has resolved 150 complaints.

Ford Customer Service Contacts

1800 771 199 (Ireland)
133 673 (Australia)
8800 500 4201 (Russia)
1800 107 363 673 (Philippines)
1800 588 888 (Vietnam)
1800 112 3673 (Mexico)
+1 800 392 3673 (United States)
+44 203 564 4444 (United Kingdom)
+64 800 367 369 (New Zealand)
+32 24 822 000 (Belgium)
+45 43 582 000 (Denmark)
+31 707 703 777 (Netherlands)
+351 808 200 556 (Portugal)
+41 445 111 445 (Switzerland)
+65 63 762 233 (Singapore)
+27 860 011 022 (South Africa)
+82 16 006 003 (South Korea)
+54 800 888 3673 (Argentina)
P.O. Box 6248

Postboks 514, 1410 Kolbotn

Russia
ul. Moskovskaya, 18, a/ya 64, g. Khimki, Moscow region, 141402

Spain
Aptdo. de Correos № 3, 46700 Gandía (Valencia)

Sweden

Singapore
305 Alexandra Road, Singapore 159942

South Africa
PO BOX 411, Pretoria 0001

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Ford Customer Service. Initial Ford complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Ford above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Ford. Discuss the issues you have had with Ford and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Ford Complaints & Reviews

FordPeeling chrome clad 20"rims

Installed new tires on my 2016 lariat super crew/all rims are starting to peel! ford needs to correct this problem & do now. I have been a loyal FORD customer fo over 55 years .My truck is a CPO but that dosen't seem to matter .I had to replace my lug nuts because ford refused to cover them under warranty .Ford is aware of the lug nut & peeling chrome issues with most all of the cars & trucks. They should step up and fix these known complaints. They are cutting there own throat! after over 50years of buying & racing only cars/trucks i am thinking of switching brands!! now tell me how much are those rims going to cost you.

FordRecall on transmission

So my mom had a recall on her transmission two months ago and they said they'd be able to get it fixed and it'd be ready after July fourth. It is almost august and she has been trying to call the dealership that has her car and nobody is answering. Everyone in the family is extremely frustrated with the company and their poor customer service, at this point we just want the car fixed and back or have a loaner car given because school is starting back up for me soon and I can't be driving her everywhere and my brother works full time he cannot be driving her around everywhere and neither can I.

Jul 21, 2021

Ford — 2019 ford escape

I loved my 2019 Ford Escape but in May of this year I started having various issues with engine light...

FordPaint peeling from window driver panels

The paint from my 2017 blue Ford Escape has begun to completely peel off in chunks on the front windshield panels. This began in the top corner and has now spread down the panel sides. This car is 4 years old and I find this completely unacceptable, Ford is also refusing to do anything. They will not stand by their products, they will not fix this issue, and it is completely ridiculous.

Ford2016 ford escape

Plastic bushing that holds on the transmission cable broke resulting in the engine to stop running and the transmission to lock up, ford had a recall on [protected] ford escape's and fushion's for this same problem, you would think ford would be smart enough to not use the same part they had a recall on, the same day my bushing broke, my neighbors broke on his 2018 ford fushion

FordPaint peeling around the windshield!

I noticed the paint was peeling around the driver side of my windshield back in May and wish I had that repaired and to my surprise the right side peeled after getting a car wash at a Ford Quick Lane. I also noticed that the paint is peeling from the top of the windshield is well. I researched on the Internet and to my surprise there are millions of 2017 Ford escape owners that have the same issue. My question to four is why haven't you are declared this a recall? I am considering filing suit against four because I refuse to keep paying the car note where the paint is peeling.

FordPaint peeling from my 2017 Ford Escape

Last year, 2020, I noticed the paint peeling off the driver's side pillar around the windshield. At that time I still had a little warranty left over but still ended up paying $500.00 to the Ford dealership where the vehicle was purchased. They painted the whole left side of my vehicle. Now a year later and I've noticed that the SAME THING is happening on the passenger side!! I am so frustrated as in speaking with the dealership once again, I will now need to pay $580.00 for the right side to be done. This is NOT RIGHT! I purchased this vehicle brand new with only 25 miles on it and the last thing I thought I'd have to worry about would be the paint! I don't know about anyone else, but money don't grow on trees around me and what will I do if this happens AGAIN? I believe Ford needs to make this right as it's obvious not just one or two buyers have been affected by this and to pay hard earned money for this to happen is just BS!!
            Cindy Kirmer

Paint peeling from my 2017 Ford Escape

FordPaint

I am complaining about the aluminum hoods and the paint bubbling and then rusting. Ford has known about this problem for years and on several of their models.
              My second complaint is the front and back bumpers on the blue 2009 Ford Mustang fade and crack due to another defect.
              It would be nice if Ford would pay for the parts to be fixed. It seems like they sure are getting away with this because it is not a "safety" issue!
              Well for all of those that this problem has happened to we won't be buying a Ford vehicle again and you can bet I will tell everyone I know not to buy Ford!!!
              Do the right thing own up to your known mistakes - issues and take care of your customers!!!

FordSync my ford touch update

May 2021..I learned that Ford had an update for my 2014 F150 sync my touch
                May 2021..went to owner.Ford website for the download typed my VIN into system and downloaded the update on a usb storage device, following fords direction I installed the update on my system, After update completed my navigation wouldn't work!
                I updated from version 3.8 to version 3.10.
                July 12 2021..Contacted customer service, told them the problem, spent 1 1/2 hours on the phone, the guy was really trying to help me, after his help failed to fix the problem, he told me I would have to go to dealership to have them diagnose the problem, and have to pay out of pocket for the diagnostics and fix!
                Desired resolution; Ford should fix this problem free of charge since the update was downloaded from their website and I followed Fords instructions to the letter!

Ford2013 Explorer XLT Power Transfer Unit Failure

Bought my Explorer in Dec of 2020. Took it in for a recall in Feb. It was putting off some obnoxious odors coming inside the cabin. I was told the recall would fix it. Two days later took it back to the shop because the smell was getting worse and was told the power transfer unit needed replaced. ( Smells like intense propane ) This vehicle had only around 105, 000 miles on it. After reading numerous forums I am not the only Explorer owner with this same problem. It is not a cheap fix either ! Ford needs to start a recall already and reimburse those who have had to fix theirs already. You pay a lot of money on a car and you expect it to last awhile before having to sink money into it. Always loved Ford :( Please fix my car !

2013 Explorer XLT Power Transfer Unit Failure

Ford2011 Ford F-250 6.7 Power Stroke

Ford doesn't care about its customers:
                    In 2011 I purchased a new Ford F-250, 6.7 Power Stroke diesel truck. I just paid $18, 000.00 to replace the engine which failed due to a glow plug problem. Ford discovered a problem with their glow plugs in 2014 that effected 2011 & early 2012 F-250 and F-350 models. The glow plugs could have been replaced before the failure for approximately $200.00. My thinking is that upper management's greed was the cause of not notifying customers of this potential problem. As a Disabled Veteran, living on a fixed income, it would have been much easier for me to pay the cost of replacing the Glow Plugs rather than the long block engine.
                    My truck has always had all maintenance done at a Ford dealership. Ford Motor Corporation did issue a technical bulletin TSB 14-0127 on July 3, 2014. My service advisor at the dealership contacted Ford Customer Care, their response was they would not help with any repairs.

Ford2018 Ford Escape

Last week it was diagnosed that our Escape had Freon leaking in on the number 2 cylinder causing it to run bad and causing it to smoke. We tried to get an appointment the week before with 2 different dealerships that week. None could see us until the next week. By the time we got there we were 117 miles out of warranty. This was a known defect that Ford has known about for a long while. Why were we not ever notified of this. Also another week has passed that the Ford Dealership says they are waiting to hear back from y'all. We also bought an extended warranty when we purchased that would give us coverage to 80, 000 miles. We do not understand the holdup when it is a Ford defect. Questioning whether we should continue to buy Ford or not. We have been a Ford family for over 20 years. Thanks

FordWheel Lugs

On June 29 2021 My wife Took my 2016 f-150 for my scheduled service at Taylor Ford in Taylor Michigan. The service includes rotating my wheels. I bought this service contact when my truck was new . It now has 95, 000 miles on it which means my wheels have been rotated several times. During the visit in which my wife took my truck the service manager showed my wife one of the wheel lugs which was deformed from being removed by an impact. She was told this deformed condition was caused by the heat from the wheels. I've been a heavy truck mechanic for 45 years and to this day has never seen heat from the wheels to deform the wheel lugs . I feel that Ford should replace all the lug nuts from the mechanics who remove and installed the lug nuts incorrectly. All the vehicle services were done at Ford Dealerships. If pictures are required for evidence feel free to contact me. Thank You Barry Morang.

Ford2019 F150

It is hard for me to believe Ford would put a shield on a 4-wheel drive pickup made from this material. It is a felt cardboard material held on by one screw and a metal clip on each of the mounting points. (see photo)
                          Make it out of plastic at least, or better yet a more durable material.
                          At this point I am really questioning the phrase Ford Tough?
                          Steve Nelson

2019 F150

FordAdvanced alarm system failed to work

2020 Ford F250 Super Duty 4x4 Platinum Edition with Advanced Security System Both passenger windows busted by thieves. Contacted service department at Autonation Ford in Memphis, TN. Brandon checked with service tech. Said there was definitely a problem. As soon as I told him this needed to be escalated to management as Ford or Ford Autonation owed me six hundred dollars for windows, boom, no more talking or phone calls!!

National Ford customer service has been of no help either. I received an email 9/22/21 notifying me that Ford was on it. Finally a call comes thru in the morning of 6/21/2021. I was on another call and called back in 5 minutes. It is now 11pm and I still have not heard from anyone at Autonation Ford or Ford themselves.

FordPower steering assist

I own a 2013 Ford Explorer. Last week my Power steering went out and I am having to pay $2100 to get it replaced. I called about the Power steering recall but because of the month my vehicle was built the recall doesn't effect my vehicle. My steering did the same thing that is listed in the recall. VIN # is 1FM5K7D80DGC92945 Contact me at kimberly.r.decker3.[protected]@gmail.com

Power steering assist
                              Power steering assist

Ford2017 Ford Escape

In less than one minute I was able to locate over 100 people who had the an issue with Ford Paint Peeling on the 2017 Escape! Imagine how many more I could find if I spent more than one minute searching. Buyers beware! Ford is not backing the quality of their craftsmanship on peeling paint on the frame of windshield. In fact, they are refusing to allow me to speak with someone outside of the customer service rep. The vehicle has only 12, 000 miles and otherwise is like new. This appear to be a common problem with Ford Motorship and the Escape.

2017 Ford Escape

Jun 09, 2021

2017 Ford Escape — Paint peeling off car

I have a 2017 Ford Escape in blue as well, as i was cleaning my car today i noticed all my paint peeled off...

FordCorrosion Warranty

In January 2019 the month my warrantee would expire - I phoned in before I booking my annnual service - telling her there is rust which they need to see before warrantee expires - she said no problem bring it in will be cheched when you have service done.
                                  Needless to say after service they hand you keys reading off a form showing ticks on what all was done (also ticked off the rust check) - well I had to come back and show them rust - I have been sent back and forth to a body shop they use.
                                  To this day I am still driving around with doors which I hope dont fall off soon
                                  I had a long meeting with Service Manager and DP at Eastern Cape motors, a year later with my last service in 2020 - to no avail -( I was promised they would get doors for me - I have made many calls also sent many emails
                                  I have a 2014 Ford Figo 1.4 Ambient - Vin MAJIXXMRJIDG42022

Ford2017 Ford Escape

I purchased my Escape in August 2020. About a month ago I noticed the paint peeling around the passenger side windshield. I've been to two body shops that told me it's a manufacturer defect. Apparently the windshield needs to be removed and replaced because the paint is peeling all around it. I'm reading other complaints about Ford Escapes and really think Ford Motor Co should address the issue. I left Chevrolet after having two vehicles have timing belt issues to buy a Ford. First vehicle I've ever financed and I'm heart broken.