Having problems with Hyundai?

8800 333 7167 (Russia)
+82 23 901 114 (South Korea)
+1 800 633 5151 (United States)
+44 149 442 8600 (United Kingdom)
+353 14 609 800 (Ireland)
+61 288 736 000 (Australia)
+64 95 732 050 (New Zealand)
+32 34 500 611 (Belgium)
+45 76 322 000 (Denmark)
+49 692 714 720 (Germany)
+31 252 240 340 (Netherlands)
+351 218 548 300 (Portugal)
+41 448 164 351 (Switzerland)
+852 34 288 288 (Hong Kong)
+62 217 293 338 (Indonesia)
+60 377 338 337 (Malaysia)
+63 28 136 788 (Philippines)
+966 920 028 008 (Saudi Arabia)
+65 64 758 888 (Singapore)
+27 113 720 800 (South Africa)
+66 20 891 888 (Thailand)
+84 439 680 949 (Vietnam)
+54 114 799 0500 (Argentina)
25, Yulgok-ro 2-gil, Jongno-gu
Seoul
Korea (South) - 03143

Complaints & Reviews

add on services

I purchased a car from Hyundai initially on January 31, 2020. They called me on February 1, 2020 saying they...

Hyundai

Body work,repair of interior rear door panels and replacement of rubber molding seals around doors.

My name is Hewlis Dillon. I purchased a certified used 2017 Hyundai Sante Fe SE UL Vin# KM8SN4HFXHU233006...

not the proper way to talk to customers / she's making it sound like customer is stupid for using google

[protected]@hmausa.com To: [protected]@att.net Feb 14 at 2:12 PM Good Afternoon, (I thought it would be slightly...

advertised prices are not what you get

Be very careful. The prices they advertise are not the prices you will get unless you give them your first...

2018 hyundai tucson front brakes gone after 27k miles

I have owned Chevrolets for the past 40 years since I was gifted my first brand spanking new 1980 Chevy Monza for my 16th birthday. Decided to try Hyundai due to great safety reviews when purchasing a vehicle in July 2019. Ranks up there with one of the biggest mistakes in my life, right up there with my marriage to a psycho. Just spent over $600 to have front brakes replaced at local Hampton Hyundai dealer, an exorbitant price in and of itself (that was after I complained so bitterly that they took off 10%), and I can say I have never had to replaced brakes on any car with less than 50k miles on them. I am certainly not a rough driver and I live in a semi rural/suburban area with not much traffic so not constantly stopping and going. My daily commute r/t is 40 miles but I only commute twice a week and just run errands around town on the other days. Of course the alleged wonderful Hyundai warranty wouldn't cover the new rotors/calipes because it was allegedly my wear and tear on the brakes. On 11/12/19, I had brought the Tucson in to the dealer to have a brake light fixed and at that time, the brake pads were observed (on the dealer's inspection report) to be fine. How could I have thus done so much damage to the brakes less than three months and 1000 miles later?? Looking to offload this lemon of a vehicle--am only going to stick to American or maybe German brands from now on!!!

santa fe 2020 vin # 55nms33ad2lh167614

I leased a 2020 Santa Fe on 10/14/2019 the car brokedown on 10/31/2019 /Vin # 55NMS33AD2LH167614
Dealership deemed it not repairable, I was forced to turn it in and lease another vehicle. I was double charged for all the fees
and I am requesting a refund for all the fees paid for the SantaFe, and I should be compensated for all my inconveniance
and embarrassment.
I estimate a refund of approximately $2000.00 is owed to me.
My wife and I are 80 years old, and this was an extremely traumatic experiance.

Robert J. McHugh
8933 Bridgeport Bay Circle
Mount Dora FL 32757
[protected]

clock spring 934900-1w120 for a 2013 hyundai elantra gt

I have a 2013 Hynudai Elantra GT. The Clock Spring834900-1W120 malfunctioned, and I was charged $399.09 for...

customer service

Bate and switch experts, lies and liars. Leased vehicle was brought in for return, which had about 3K over...

rear universal joints on the 2013 genesis

I enjoy my Genesis immensely and it has been a very dependable vehicle however, when I took my car in for service at Courstey Hyundai and to have my proposed transimisson service. It was discovered I had a cracked U-joint and the cost would be 2k. After reading the genesis forum, I found many customers have this problem. The service person, Jeff at Hyundai said they would ask the Hyundai company for some assistance. I received a telephone call the next day stating they were not willing to give a red penny towards the repairs.
This is awful, I love my car, but many complaints of the same issue should at least be looked at.

engine light and oil light were on and dealer was not solved the problems

I went to Patriot Hyundai in El Monte with oil change (10/22/19) and to check why the Check Engine and the...

Hyundai Motor America

check engine light

I am currently dealing with an issue with my 2018 Hyundai Sonata Sport vehicle. First of all, it's been in the shop for the engine light coming on REPEATEDLY 5 or 6 times in the past few months. This last time, Hyundai said they don't know when I will get my vehicle back. As of today, I am driving a rental car (they are paying for) because a loaner vehicle I had (2019 Sonata) had a problem that I kept going back to Hyundai for (check engine light). I asked them to put me in a vehicle other than a Hyundai until I get mine back...IF I GET IT BACK. That was after they put me in an Elantra with the tire pressure light on.

A couple of weeks ago, I got corporate involved. Originally they offered me two car payments for all of my trouble (phone call) but then I received a letter that was quite confusing about what they were asking me to do (settlement). Not being a lawyer, I went off with a letter of my own because settlement sounded like they were trying to get me to relieve them of responsibilities for 2 car payments. Melissa kept telling me that the letter was standard and nothing can be changed on it. How can you send a standard letter when there are so many different situations. After talking to a couple of people, including my local Hyundai dealer, I decided that the least they could do was that since this was the SECOND on-going issue I had with my relatively new vehicle (1st was steering wheel rubbing with large sound that took 3 or 4 trips for it to get better...not go away). So, I guess because I had a rant in my letter (never cursing, calling names, or anything...just frustration) they stopped responding to me as regularly as they were initially. I retrieved my statement, told them I better understood after someone explained, and sent the signed form in for the 2 payments, but now I get nothing on that conversation. Yet, they STILL HAVE MY CAR!

This is my 3rd Hyundai in 9 years, as I really LOVED Hyundais and the service received at my local dealer in Warner Robins, GA. So many other vehicles I could have gotten, but I WAS loyal to the brand. So now, in a couple of days, I've only heard that a new person is working my case and that someone will get back to me regarding Hyundai Motor America purchasing my vehicle back under under Georgia Lemon Law. I messaged Christopher back immediately and have gotten no response regarding me being reimbursed in the meantime. Again...I STILL DO NOT HAVE THE VEHICLE that I pay over $450 per month for.

NO...don't get me a loaner with the same darn problem my vehicle has! Don't give me an Elantra when I'm paying for a Sonata! Don't ignore me as a loyal consumer to Hyundai because I expressed my frustration for losing lots and lots of money every time I take my car to the dealer to be fixed! Either fix my car or buy it...immediately. Already this month, Hyundai has had my vehicle more days that I have!!! Be professional and own your responsibility of selling a sub-standard product. It's man-made, so stuff happens. I would have been far more interested in possibly purchasing another Hyundai, as I am not an unreasonable person with unreasonable expectations - I want what I pay for!!! My next car was going to be the Genesis, but NOT!!!

2010 hyundai santa fe - transmission failure

My grand-daughter and her husband purchased this vehicle from a dealership that offers carfax, car showed 64k...

lease reimbursement

My leased car needed a new engine. Hyundai was not interested in helping me pay for it. I paid $8000 for a new engine but unfortunately Hyundai could not provide the part for four months. I asked to be reimbursed for my lease amount for those four months since I did not have access to the car because they did not have the part available. They gave me the runaround like they give to everyone else. I researched it online and they say no to everyone. Do not buy this car or lease one.

replacement string clips for headlight bulbs

Replacement spring clips for headlight bulbs.
I recently replaced two headlight bulbs on my 2013 Hyundai Sonata. In the process I dropped the spring into the headlight housing. I tried to buy another spring from Hyundai. The only way you can buy the spring is to buy the entire headlight assembly which cost several hundred dollars. I eventually went to a junkyard and bought two clips for two dollars Hyundai obviously is not concerned about their customers.

replacing a front headlight in our 2012 elantra - did not get done

This morning we had an appointment at 10:30 AM. We've been dealing with this Hyundai Dealership for many...

2017 elantra

My 2017 Hyundai Elantra keeps shutting off while driving. Just got the car out of the shop yesterday September 17, 2019 and they said they could not find the problem. While going to work today, turned the corner and it shut off, almost got reared ended by another driver. After doing research it appears that this is an ongoing problem with this car, what are you going to do to fix it, wait until my warranty is out? I need my car to go to work and get my chemo treatments and cannot afford to keep taking it to the dealership to get fix and it sets there for 6 to 7 days and they tell you they did not see the issue. Since you know that this has happened in the past why don't you just fix these cars. Just want you to fix the issue that you already know is occurring in this vehicle.

hyundai tucson 2014 engine

I recently was on vacation out West driving on Interstae 15 where the speed limit is 80MPH, I exited at Beaver Utah and as I exited the highway my Tucson just stopped. I needed to have it towed to a dealer 100 miles away. As soon as the service department heard the car they said engin replacement needed, know problem more in othermodels but also in Tucsons. Being on vacation I was stuck, 3-4 months for a repair and probably two weeks until Hyundai even approved the repair. I was stuck and all the dealer offered was to trade in on a new or used vehicle. I was given $1000 trade in value and also told that if Hyundai approved the repair I woild receive another $5800 (Hyundai has approved the rapair but as of yet I have not received the check from the dealer - 6 weeks now). I could havebeen killed if this had happened 30 seconds earlier. I can not belive there was no recall or warning from Hyundai. NOW I AM STUCK WITH ANOTHER HYUNDAI that I did not want and a car payment that I definately did not want for another Hyundai. I contacted Hyundai and they offered no compensation other than possibly the cost of my hotel for the night. No fair market value for the car which would have been 10-11K (minus the trade in I got). Just nothing from them. This has to be the worst car company in America

hyundai sonata motor

I have a 2013 Hyundai Sonata that i purchased brand new in 2013. Last week my car came to a stop in the fast lane on a major highway. luckily i was safe. I had no time to get over to the shoulder and stopped in rush hour traffic. I got it towed to a mechanic and they said it was the motor. I had it then towed to Hyundai Escondido where they told me there was an extended warranty. They have to t ake apart the engine to make sure it wasnt my fault? I'm still waiting to hear back. This is ridiculous. it's been a week. Ive seen alot of recalls on this 2013 brand only reason they extended the warranty on this year make model. Someone please contact me to accelerate this process

i20 glide

The issue that I have experienced was: I have purchased a car from the dealership in recently with in the...

2019 hyundai sonata

Hyuandi claims they have the best warranty. Which I have discovered is not true. When I purchased the car I was told the warranty was bumper that is a sham. My drivers side weather stripping came off because it was defective. I was told by hyuandi it is not covered because it's on the body of the car. That is a poor excuse. In the meantime they want $269.00 to replace it. That is thievery and dishonesty from hyuandi. This is not the first issue I had with hyuandi. They think people are stupid and can take advantage of them. This is ludicrous what they are doing to me and my car is 2 months old. Please be aware hyuandi is not a honorable manufactor. BEWARE

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices