JustAnswer.comunprofessional

Do not use this service. You will be instructed to deposit the amount that you are willing to pay for the answer and/or homework help that you are requesting. You may be lucky and get an answer to one of your questions which is what happened to me with my first question that I asked. So I started to trust the site and I placed many deposits to help me with other homework that I was having problems finding time to research. Now my money is stuck in justanswer.com, I am not getting any responses from customer service and I have been asking for an explanation and/or a refund for two weeks. This service is a con... do not go there... If you really want some true help with homework and papers you should go to http://www.oppapers.com/search.php this sight will charge you once and you will have a wealth of papers at your hand to read for suggestions and/or hints... DO NOT USE JUSTANSWER.COM

RESOLVED

• JustAnswer's response · Oct 26, 2010

Dear Dottie,

I’m very sorry to hear about your experience. I’m Adam and I work for JA. I have sent you a private message so I can take care of your refund immediately.

You may reach us anytime through the Contact Us link on our Help page. Our Customer Support team is available 24/7 to help.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do. We’re here to help and we’ll work with you until you’re satisfied.

• JustAnswer's response · Dec 17, 2010

Dear Uncola,

• JustAnswer's response · Jan 14, 2011

Dear Grady,

Marilyn Wabich Jun 03, 2009

I asked a question on JustAnswer and was asked what amount I could pay - I hit the $15.00 and submitted my question - which the answer was what I already knew - so instead of accepting I replied and received a message that my question had been submitted to experts and I should receive an answer shortly - well I never did receive an answer but they took my $15.00 and overdrew my checking account and my bank charged me additional 36.00 for overdraft. They say the are issuing me a refund but the 36.00 is also their liability - do not use this service at all.. if you need questions answered call your local hospital who usually has an "Ask a Nurse" department---these people are preying on the sick and uninformed and should be put out of business. BEWARE

• Ne
    nexttarget Aug 21, 2009

I went on justanswer.com and they took 30dollars out of my acct and didnt provide any answer to be paid 4. I want my money back

• Be
    beano Aug 26, 2009

Yes, justanswer.com took a "good faith" deposit from me then the website froze up my computer...I am out of pocket...NO ANSWER

more like justanswer.rip-off.org
    eat ### and die justanswer.com

• Te
    Ted Ellis Sep 04, 2009

I went to justanswer for advice on how to repair my TV. I never got any advice whatsoever, they double dipped into my account, promised that the money would be returned to my account if I was dissatisfied and never returned the money. I even went to their cached site for a refund and never got results.

joshhopkins1 Sep 07, 2009

I actually got a great response from justanswer.com. They solved my problem with my computer in like 15 minutes and it only cost me $15.

JonesyBones Sep 26, 2009

"I asked a question on JustAnswer and was asked what amount I could pay - I hit the $15.00 and submitted my question - "

Your bank account would not have been overdrawn if you could ACTUALLY pay that amout. Yes, you are immediately debited that amount, the amount you CHOSE to put down as a deposit on the JustAnswer service, but you are not actually "PAYING" anyone until YOU choose to accept the expert's answer to your question. If you don't accept it, that money stays in your JA account for use on a question at a later time OR you can request a refund, YOUR choice. This is ALL clearly stated in the instructions for using the site

"I hit the $15.00 and submitted my question - which the answer was what I already knew "

If you already knew the answer, why did you ask the question?

"my bank charged me additional 36.00 for overdraft."

Your fault for not having $15 in your checking account but choosing to authorize a debit anyway!

"They say the are issuing me a refund but the 36.00 is also their liability"

Once again, your fault for not having $15.00 in your checking account but choosing to authorize a debit anyway!

"these people are preying on the sick and uninformed and should be put out of business."

I dont know if you are one of the sick, but you are DEFINITELY uninformed. Like the old saying goes, "when all else fails, RTFM, or READ THE F***ING MANUAL"

• Pa
    Pam Ali Sep 30, 2009

They took £26 from my account, and I got the same advice as i had already tried i.e a list of internet sites. Big con. Do not use. To make matters worse they kept e-mailing me to accept the advice so that they could get a bit more.

• Me
    Measles Dec 07, 2009

The same thing just happened to me. Instead of being charged 38.00, I was charged 38.00 twice and then 78.00. I cannot reach my bank right now so I have to wait until tomorrow. How do you get your money back from these guys?

• Fi
    fionamac Jan 17, 2010

I had to put in card details before I could ask my question, was told there was an expert waiting to converse with me, if I was not statisfied I did not have to pay, my payment would only be taken untill or if, I clicked on autherise button.
    I asked my question, no reply for 3 days, my question was answered with a request for more information before they could answer. I did not reply, nor did I click any autherisation button.
    my bank statment 30/12/09 myjabill.com have taken £11.00 without autherisation.
    [email protected]

• Ss
    sso4ever Feb 04, 2010

I used this service, and the answer I received was a simple answer that could be found anywhere for free so I did not accept the answer. However, they will not refund my money now even though their site specifically says that if you do not accept the answer that they will refund your money. This company is a major scam company, and they do not honor what they say on their website. Do not use this site, because they will take your money and you will get nothing in return!

• Su
    Suzie690425 Feb 07, 2010

Was told in order to get advice from a vet I had to place a "good faith" deposit. I did this and received the information from the vet and when I accepted his response they charged me an additional $15. I now have 3 charges on my credit card and I have sent 2 refund requests and still have no response. I also sent 2 requests to customer service to have the multiple charges fixed and they are suppose to respons within 4-6 hours and I have not heard anything for a week. There is no other way to contact this company other then through their email links. I only agreed to pay $15 for the answer put have been charged $45.

• Da
    dad428 Feb 07, 2010

Hi, About your Problem you need to take it up wiyh your bank if this is a card threw them or threw whom ever your card is threw, I was charged on my card for something like this too when the place I was charged threw did not respond my bank took care of it for me they put my money back on my card and they go after the place that has charged you! Good Luck and all I can tell you Is you gotta be real careful and read and chek all these places out before you give your card info To anyone, See if they have complaints against them before you deal with them.

Jack Lynch Feb 11, 2010

I too have been charged for a service I did not get to my satisfaction and without my authority €13.90 is debited against me. I demand that this money be refunded and I will NEVER again ask for thier alleged help.

• Ri
    RicRuler Feb 28, 2010

I was seeking support for vista. I was asked what I would billing to pay for a solution. $14, $20, $30 . The deposit was required before any assistance was provided. After a few useless suggestions, I had the option to Accept the Answer to validate the charge. Their suggestion was useless, definetely not from an expert so I didnt accept the answer.

They still charged my card, but I called my bank who reversede the charge.

So fukkk them, their crooks. Do not use them

• Ca
    carlsa Feb 28, 2010

I asked a questions at Justanswer and they couldnt answer so all I did was click the help button and ask for a refund and I had my deposit back in less than 24hrs.

Since then I have asked a lot more questions and had a great experience with all of them.

No offence dude but if you did not read the instructions where it says you have to pay a refundable deposit then that is your own stupidity that you did not ask for it back

• Tr
    traceybow Mar 23, 2010

I stupidly gave my bank details to Justanswer, then emailed them to inform them that I no longer wanted an answer and to reimburse me. A couple of hours later, they sent me an email telling me my answer was ready. I never looked at it. Justanswer took two lots of money from my account. I have never been reimbursed. Don't believe them.

• Ju
    JustAnswer Support Mar 29, 2010

To both Traceybow and sso4ever,

I assure you we are not trying to scam anyone and 100% customers service is our priority. Please send me a direct message and I will work to get your refund ASAP.

Thanks

• 2n
    2nice Apr 02, 2010

I had an electrical question for a fellow that was a supposed "expert" in the electrical field..."craig" was the experts name... Beware of "craig"... He almost caused me to blow up a transformer I was wiring, by telling me how to wire it without even knowing what it really was... I saw another "expert" with much higher ratings jump all over the screen for it... I just wish I worked with the other expert before I had worked with "craig", because the other expert was right in the questions he began to ask, and this guy "craig" kept repeating the wrong answer... Big mistake. I use just answer frequently, and have no other complaints besides that... I figured it out myself, but next time I use just answer, I will be sure not to use "craig" — he has no clue... And I never expierienced that with just answer before this guy was on that site...

• So
    SONNY GIBBS Apr 08, 2010

I ask Justanswer a medical question. They could not answer it to my satisfaction.Their answer did not sound like a real doctor. A real doctor who knew what he was talking about would not answer the way your doctor did on Justanswer. I gave them $45 with my credit card. I check the box said I was not satisfy return my deposite. I would like to have my $45 back.
    [email protected] I used my Visa credit card on 4-1-10. The password I used was 72ca4f3c. the question was about my disk pinching a nerve. Please return my deposit.

SONNY GIBBS

• So
    SONNY GIBBS Apr 08, 2010

DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

SONNY GIBBS

• Ov
    over_it Apr 11, 2010

I used just answer a couple of times with good results and prompt responses, I paid them per question when I was satisfied with the answers. I was offered to have unlimited questions if I subscribe to the service monthly, since I liked the service I accepted. Then, all of a sudden my questions were not responded to as promptly, or even answered at all. I gave the expert my question he asked for additional information and I provided it, he checked it over and asked when I needed it by so I gave him 4 days to work on it he said he would be able to have it to me within that time period, the deadline came and went, after asking what is going on, then he tells me he can do it in two more days, reluctantly I say okay, because I have already invested four days of my time with him, but I need it by then no later, the additional two days pass and he finally tells me he can't do it, he has other work to do, he'll open it up to one of the other programmers, still no response, when I write to asked what is going on he states that it seems as if no one saw my question. Honestly if you say you're going to do something then DO IT. If not don't make promises you can keep. If I had known this was going to happen I would have used those six days and the money to pay someone else for help, now I'm stuck with less time, no answer and money spent on nothing. Thanks for nothing just answer .com!!!

• Nick - JA Help Apr 13, 2010

Hi 2nice,

I'm very sorry to hear about your experience. I'm Nick and I work for JA. I have sent you a private message so I can help resolve your issue personally.

We take Expert quality very seriously here at JA. I have reported your complaint about "CRAIG" to our site moderators. Our customer support team is available 24/7 to help and will notify our site moderators about the performance our Experts. Of course, you can contact them anytime through our help page on the website.

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback, it is essential to improving the service we provide.

• Nick - JA Help Apr 22, 2010

Dear over_it,

First, I would like to say how sorry I am to hear about your experience. I'm Nick and I work for JA. I responded to your same concern on a different website last week. I'd like to have the opportunity to help make things right. I have sent you another private message so I can personally take care of your concerns.

Of course, you may also contact customer support and find helpful information on the Help section of our website. Our customer support team is available 24/7 to help and will respond within 24 hours.

We care about you as a customer. We're here to help.

Best,
    Nick

• Nick - JA Help Apr 22, 2010

Dear Sonny,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I have forwarded your email address to our customer support team and they will be in touch directly. I'm Nick and I work for JA. I have sent you a private message so I can make sure you are refunded.

Our customer support team is available 24/7 to help and responds within 24 hours. You can contact customer support from the Help section of our site.

Again, I am sorry about this and we will work with you until you're satisfied.

Best,
    Nick

• Lt
    LTobias May 17, 2010

I have the same problem with just answer they asked for an unauthorized payment.
    I don't know how to reach them to refund unauthorized payment. Does anyone have
    any information I can use? [email protected]

Please check text spelling before submitting

• Il
    ilovemydawg Jun 08, 2010

I asked a simple question about printer driver availability for my older printer and new Windows 7 computer. I got a smart reply that my (perfectly operating!) printer was old and that no drivers were available. That was it. I was offered a chance to pay the new low price of $7 for the response, after of course having had to put a higher amount in the "deposit" account. I was charge $16 in March, and then each subsequent month, $9 for 3 more months. A total of $43 has been charge to me, with no other contact with this company, no further questions, other than asking them how to get my money BACK form them. No response of course. My credit card company is disputing the charges for me, but I want my other $9 that was overcharged to me back as well!!!

I highly DO NOT RECOMMEND this company. Impossible to communicate with them.

JSF

• Nick - JA Help Jun 11, 2010

Dear ilovemydawg,

I’m very sorry to hear about your experience. I’m Nick and I work for JA. I have sent you a private message so I can take care of your refund immediately.
    Of course, you may also contact us at anytime through our Help page on the site. Our customer support team is available 24/7 to help and will respond within 24 hours.
    We’re here to help and I’ll work with you until you’re satisfied. Thank you for your patience.

• Lu
    Luvstoocook2 Jun 16, 2010

Hello

I also was overcharged. on my charge card. I'm not happy that this occurred.

Please refund my money. This seems to be a scam.

• Lu
    Luvstoocook2 Jun 16, 2010

I've tried every option on your website to resolve this matter. There is no phone to
    contact any represenative. This leads me to believe this is a SCAM.

I want my money refunded ASAP.

I was overcharged and I did not authorize this amount to be charged to my credit card. This is fraud.

• Nick - JA Help Jun 17, 2010

Dear Luvstoocook2,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with our site. I work for JA and I've sent you a message so I can take care of your refund ASAP.
    You can always reach us through the Contact Us link on the Help section of our site. Our customer support team is available to help you 24/7.
    Thank you for being patient, we'll be in touch soon to help.

• Ke
    Kendallsoft Jun 25, 2010

I did the same, they took my money and the password they sent did not work- and get this you cannot send them a comment unless you can log into the site-scaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam- I will get my money back though- resst assured.

• Rm
    rmichaels Jul 27, 2010

I did not accept answer, but was billed anyway. My e mail from justanswer.com charged me 26 dollars but they tolk out 104 dollars.

• Da
    Daniel Jordan Aug 21, 2010

I recently used the JustAnswer.com service for a legal issue in the UK. I stated this was a UK issue in the e-mail and the JustAnswer.com website suggests there is an international link for questions originating outside the USA. Furthermore, I felt secure in the knowledge that the funds I deposited would remain on the JustAnswer account until I accepted the reply and that I could apply for a refund if the question was not answered satisfactorily. 2 days after lodging my question I noticed that my on-line Bank account had been debited £22 for an unanswered question. I e-mailed JustAnswer and 2 weeks later I have had no response from them or a refund on my account. Reading the complaints of other JustAnswer users I have taken the precaution of cancelling my debit card with the Bank so JustAnswer cannot take any other unauthorised payments from me. If you have given JustAnswer your debit or credit card details I suggest you CANCEL YOUR CARD! Best regards. Daniel Jordan UK.

Francoisf Sep 07, 2010

This site should be shut down!

Francoisf Sep 07, 2010

This site should be shut down!

Francoisf Sep 07, 2010

This is a SCAM!! This site should be shut down!

• Do
    dot dunn Oct 25, 2010

On 10 / 18 / 10 i asked for help from aol re not being able to access my email address book. I was' sent " to a live person who charge my credit card $30 but they gave me advice that did not work. They told me to use outlook and i don't have outlook so the "formula" they gave me to correct my address book did not work!! I was billed
    Acct # 55432860287000747318361 cc#049379
    Please credit my account!
    Dottie dunn

• Th
    The 419er Malletteer Nov 11, 2010

Regarding JA; I just dealt with them over a recurring charge on my bank account over the phone (10 Nov 2017, 2100 PST)

IMPORTANT! I see some posts regarding contacting JA... Phone # is (USA) [protected]. That worked tonite (10 Nov 2017, 2100 PST) Non-USAilians will have to do some digging for an international # if there is one.

Good News -AND* Bad News

The Good:
    I got my money refunded, including what I paid for my initial (that's a BAD) session. (or at least that's what the phone rep said- I'll know when I check my account tomorrow, crossing every possible digit/limb). I felt that this rep is well-versed in this part of their "bad business model".

Now the Bad:

(disclaimers here first and background creds)

Disclaimers:
    1) I'm naturally 'scatterbrained' to start with (think the Nutty Professer here, that's me but no diploma/degree). Right now I'm in an even worse fog, heavy-duty pain meds, the side effects/drug changes & the pain itself added to crisis (squared) have made me doubt my own {dubious} sanity.
    2) I do the same shtick online all the time, primarily on Usenet gtoups and a few tech forums. FOR FREE.
    3) Advice is (at best) worth what you paid for it, mine's usually free.
    (notes; I do a hell of a lot of websearches whike answering on those forums and groups, but I always attribute it, even if it's just the URL(s) where I found some relevant factoids. I'll often (and have to) use a URL skweezer like Tiny URL. I do the 'preview" mode which puts a name of the site in front of the main body... and also trying the "custom URL" feature with a good descriptor here. I'm obviously not doing this "by the letter" for DCMA/copyright/etc, but I am showing good faith. Part of that is that people do have lapses/n00b probs with their GooGleFu. (BDDD).

Chest thumpin' :
    1) 50* years as an self-taught electronic tech, with various side stints..(electrician/cablethrower/tower monkey/wireman/general maint/airplane fixer(USAF)/ground tactical commo(USAF)/ 6x6 truck driver(USAF)/goat-roper/clodhopper/ditch-digger/auto mechanic/hi-end audio tech/snocat puncher (not those piddly-assed snomo's (but that too) but the big boys like the LMC 1500)/et al.
    2) have written tech manuals, done "customer support", beta-tested (W98/98SE both- have the "Memphis T-shirt")and more.
    3) been building and modding 'pooters since overclocking was "over-rocking" (changing the crystal/XTAL/"rock" with a soldering device)(self-taught, but probably an A+ level skill on 'pooters.
    4) wide background (and being a "Nutty Professer ") allows me to think "outside the box". (also helps my scam trigger/"### Detector" skills) and find unorthodox but working fixes). Sometimes a hoary old fix from the days of us Geekaplodus/protogeeeki folks works again- also BDDD.

OK .. My JA "experience".
    I ran into a problem that i couldn't fix (oh really?). T-Bird (Mozilla windoze email/news client) stopped sending posting to known good accounts (SMTP/POP/NNTP) then stopped receiving. This happened just after I got a Moz auto update or two,
    I used my tackle box, my "Golden Mallet" used for flattening spammer 'nads, and every possible search term/engine/syntax/whatever and couldn't get it right.
    I could always use my web-host's webmail interface or read Usenet posts via Fuble ( remember GooGleFu?.. another one) so I wasn't totally dead in h2O.

I'm pissed/perturbed/desperate.. I try JA. I should have checked/vetted them better, but "Fools Rush In" - I R Wun.
    They assign me a tech from either Pakistan/India/Bangladesh/ ?? I'm not racist but I've developed a severe dislike for most S Asian phone/OL support folks. (read MOST, not all!)
    First off is the language barrier. I'm also hearing impaired, I first have problems trying to hear what they are saying.
    Then I have to dig past their "alien syntax" to understand the bunch of (bad) English words thrown out/off.
    Fourth is that very few of them are actually "techs" .
    They are working off scripts/flowcharts/checklists to "solve " your issue(s). It's just your meatspace version of the semi-automated phone voicemail "help??" systems.
    How many times do you have to "Reboot your Windows Computer" and "Reset your DSL modem please" when you've already determined/toldum that your POTS line's snap-crackle-pop is 14dB up from the the intermittent dialtone? ?? ?? I've dealt with THOSE far too often.

Anyway Jamasutra von StinkBug kept feeding me "fixes" while I tried them. One, I *knew* was foing to hose my machine (using an ancient DOS 16bit misfile checker a NTFS partition ??), but Mr. Stink Bug +insisted+ I do it. I did and spent HOURS getting that box bootable. (no b/u files, no disk images, fresh OS load as I screwed up some things on install that came back to bite me inda ###.

I just chalked that one off as a (negative) learning experience, they fooled me once.
    Then today I got fooled again! Recurring Charges?? WTF!

"Bad Business Model"... It may not be truly illegal; but its highly unethical. A "Phine Print Phuckup"; just like the "FREE RINGTONE" and "FREE LAPTOP/iPhONE/MEAT SNOZLER" scams.

5 FOAD [censored]Pile ribbon rating from me on JustAnswer.

3 "AwShits" on me for falling for it. Methadone for pain sure dulled my ### Detector! (burnt out all 30leven cat-toads in it's frambulizer section BTW)

Over and Out/88's/webedown/ going to go light some opiate fartz/niterz...

• Th
    The 419er Malletteer Nov 11, 2010

Duhh.. character set phuckups agin. Sorry Bout Dat! I think it's still fairly readable tho..

• Fo
    fogy Dec 01, 2010

Asked question re Bose CD player, signed up for an account. Got no answer, but did get email indicating that answer had been given. Replied asking what was going on, but got no response. Most links looking for help don't work. Today, went back on the Web looking for an answer to the same question, got eAnswer.com as a possibility. Interestingly, eAnswer looks exactly like JustAnswer and seems to work the same--wants signup, "returnable" deposit, same price for answer. Appears to be the same scam.