Menu
Memory-Of.com
reviews & complaints

Memory-Of.com
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

74 complaints
4 resolved 70 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Memory-Of.com. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
B
2:24 am

Memory-Of.com - Memory Of Website

I am sad to see that they just left all of us feeling even worse about dedicating so much time and thought, tears through it all. My son was young when we together prepared the site and he is ready to move forward as the site for us we were writing to have memories to share with the grandchildren. Now we have nothing... :(

Tim McClintock Spirit in the Sky

Desired outcome: Would love to have a copy of all we wrote.

K
8:32 am

Memory-Of.com - Lifetime memorial site

I paid for a lifetime memorial site for my father, who passed suddenly in 2005. The site is no longer accessible, and all of our pictures and memories are gone. The owners of this site stole money from bereaved families and didn’t fulfill their promise. They also did not contact any of us, or forewarn us so that we could save our content. Now, everything that was ever posted there is completely lost.

Desired outcome: Refunded

B
12:05 pm

Memory-Of.com - Complaint

My son's memorial website on Memory-of.com (Tyson Ward) was supposed to last a lifetime. I paid for it. I uploaded every single picture I had of him. Now, the site is down and I cannot see my precious child. I cannot find his actual photos anywhere. This is devastating for me and I am beyond sad about this. Please fix this and let me see my boy. If anything, let me have my pictures back.

Devastated mother, here.

Barb.

Desired outcome: Reactivate the website. OR Allow me to retrieve my photographs!!

9:40 am

Memory-Of.com - Website

I have had my brothers webpage on memory of for 16 to 17 years Mark Anthony McKenzie I paid for years $25.00 EQUALS $5100.00 AND now I have nothing you've rip out my heart and devastated/… All the, memories people have written about my brother Mark the pictures the music I would like some kind of communication from you as to why you did this to so many people its like a death all over again

PleASE EMAIL [email protected]

Desired outcome: refund. emAIL AND PHONE CALL

J
5:01 pm

Memory-Of.com - Lifetime service/website no longer available

I paid for a lifetime to have the website page at kirkalford.memory-of.com I had photos, tributes, and memorials from family and friends there since 2007. I was already having trouble signing in on the page to make any edits, and now the site is still down in June 2022. It also says the site is not secure, and I noticed a lot of comments on the page before with a foreign language posted. This page means so much to Kirk's family and friends and would love to at least be able to gain access to copy the information.

Memory-Of.com - http://brandonaaronmerritt.memory-of.com/

I am Brandon's grandmother Duetta Merritt, and Mother and Father Lisa Frye Merritt and Ricky Merritt He was born on April 6, 1990, and died May 26, 2007, was set up by Amber but we paid it up for a lifetime so what has happened to it!

He also had a sister Kaitlyn Merritt. Why are you misleading people and taking their money! He has deceased grandparents Everitt Frye and Rose Hunley Frye Buried at Memorial Gardens!

Desired outcome: I want it put back on the web!!

Update by Duetta Merritt
Jun 04, 2022 10:56 am

Please put back on the web!

Memory-Of.com - Site down

I purchased lifetime site for my husband at http://burton-greene.memory-of.com.

The site is gone without warning, I didn't get time to take anything down, as some were loaned pictures from family and friends. This was a lifetime purchase, I don't understand why they couldn't have let us know.

Site was purchased in 2006. I don't have the recdeipt other then emails alerting me to someone posting.

Desired outcome: Anything, refund, site back.

1:46 pm

Memory-Of.com - Website toddler.memory-of.com

For the past several months when I try to go to my son's memorial website it won't go to it and says "memory-of.com is temporarily unavailable Please check back in a couple of days." I have many pictures, videos & songs & many msgs written to my son on the website that are irreplaceable. My son's date of death is June 6, 2003. I purchased a lifetime membership in about 2004. My son's name is Todd James Lee. His website is toddjlee. memory-of.com. I want to download some of the pictures, videos and notes from friends and family. I want to be able to access my son's site to get the items. I have sent emails to their customer service email and sent a message to them on Facebook with no response. Thank you for your time.

Desired outcome: To be able to copy the msgs & some of the videos & songs on the website toddler memory-of.com

S
3:20 pm
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Memory-Of.com - Purchased lifetime access to memory-of.com site for my mom and site is no longer accessible

site for my mom used be be accessible at:

http://mary-carlin.memory-of.com and have not been able to access the site for several months.

Paid for lifetime access back in 2004 when my Mom passed. I spent a great deal of time building the site, adding memories, pictures and music of my Mom. It has been a place for family and friends to visit and post memories of her life. All of the content stories that people have posted and shared are now gone. Memory-of.com should provide an explanation to people that paid for sites.

Desired outcome: put the site back up or send people a link to get their content back and refund money as we paid for lifetime access

May 15, 2022 1:22 am

I’m having the same issue from my brothers site, also from 2004

A
11:02 pm

Memory-Of.com - Website has been gone for 4-6 months

I am a lifetime member my husband CPL Stephan Benjamin Ayala died on 21Sept2004. He left behind so many people but the most special are his boys. They deserve a place to go and see how much life he had. I no longer have copies of those pictures due to moves, water damage or whatever. Our boys were 3 years old and the other was 2 months old. They deserve to be able to go onto this site and see how much he was loved and adored and how much he changed other peoples lives.

Desired outcome: Reinstate the website or at least send me my pictures.

9:54 am

Memory-Of.com - The loss of data

I am complaining about the fact that I paid for a lifetime webpage in memory of my son. The biggest problem I have is the loss of the poems and tributes that were on the page.

My son passed away in 2005, and if I remember correctly, I opened the page in 2006. It is really hard to add details, since so much was lost when they took the page down. His name is Aaron Dennis Fulton, born in Wheatridge Colorado on January 13, 1991.

Desired outcome: I would like to retrieve all the poems and tributes that were lost.

N

Praying you get your wish I wish the same 23 years of memories are gone I have written a shed load of complaints and heard nothing I would give anything to retrieve all Clancy's lost poems s and tributes love from Ellen Brown from the UK x

12:35 pm

Memory-Of.com - Memory-of

Started my sons site in 2004 after he passed away, he was 7. It has been a place for family and friends to visit to see memories of my son. Read his life story. Now I can not even log onto it. Can't get the photos, colorings uploaded, or the words left by friends, family, and others who wrote on the page. I WANT MY ITEMS BACK! We paid for our site for a lifetime. You took our money. How heartbreaking.

Desired outcome: To get the items back that was uploaded. A refund for a service that clearly was misrepresented.

May 25, 2022 9:30 am

Purchased a lifetime access for website and haven't been able to access for months. My son, Brian passed away in May, 2004. I purchased memorial in 2006. There are pictures. Poems and a plethora of material. I WANT MY MONEY BACK OR ACCESS TO SITE!

Carol Bolding

[protected]

Brian Jefferson Bolding Memorial

11:43 am

Memory-Of.com - Memory-Of website unavailablity

I paid for a lifetime membership for my daughter Corrina Parlsows memorial site in 2006 so that it would always be there and I now find that it is no longer accessible. I have received NO contact saying the reason for this or if it is permanent. There are things on there that it is the only place to access. I would like to be able to retrieve the items that were posted there for use elsewhere such as photos, copies of letters, comments, voice clips of her voice, etc. I look forward to a response from the company with a remedy. Please advise why the Memory of website is no longer accessible.

Desired outcome: I want to be able to access all the items that I placed/posted the over the years including all the lovely comments made by others there as well.

2 comments
N

The same here I paid for the lifetime memorial site but I would just like all the memories and pictures back it is not too much to ask for I have 23 years of writing to my daughter Clancy the site made me feel close to her and I loved reading all the beautiful comments from her chums I hope you you like me get your wish and get back Corrina memories

love Ellen Brown xx

A
Apr 17, 2022 4:50 pm

Same thing happened to me…

And I am sorry for your loss, btw….

2:59 pm

Memory-Of.com - Memory of memorial site

I paid for a lifetime membership for my daughter's memorial site so that it would always be there and I now find that it is no longer accessible. I have received NO contact saying the reason for this or if it is permanent. There are things on there that it is the only place to access. I would like to be able to retrieve the items that were posted there for use elsewhere such as photos, copies of letters, comments, etc. I look forward to a response from the company with a remedy. Please advise why the Memory of website is no longer accessible.

Desired outcome: I would like access of data, photos and everything that was on my daughter's Memory of page.

5:00 am

Memory-Of.com - How can we get our info back

I want to take what we posted on your site and go to my own site. So we do not lose this again. It is heartbreaking! To lose all this and a place to go! You said lifetime. Well I am alive, not a lifetime. You did not advertise what you said you would fulfill. What about all the posts? Photos and special memories our family posted and the candles! Have some respect at least give that back to us in text and photos in an email. YOU SUCK! How would you feel if someone did this to you. I want files back online for me to save and copy to a new place. I am sick to my stomach. I trusted such a site that took it all away from us. Horrible. I hope this haunts you with all the love ones on your site. Oh wait I guess it was all about the money and ripping people off!

Desired outcome: I want files back online for me to save and copy to a new place.

J

Memory-Of.com - Lifetime memorial website with one time payment

I had joined This website after the passing of my son in 10/2006 and joined I believe in 2007. Family, relatives and friends found comfort in posting their thoughts, prayers, life events and photos. Later in 2013 my daughter passed away and I made references to both of my children on the same site. During the past 15 years, the website shut down once because of money problems and was able to restart. Now it is shut down again and I don’t know if will ever start up again. We have so many photos, posts and memories that I am afraid will be lost forever and also new events I wanted to share with my deceased children. Please let me know what’s going on or how I can retrieve those precious memories.

Desired outcome: To have the site reinstated or to retrieve ALL the memorable content on my site

L
9:53 pm

Memory-Of.com - Website disappeared

Paid for their lifetime program to have access to a memorial page set up for my deceased baby brother. And the website is no longer assessable.This website has many consumers in the same situation, not just me. The website I believe was purchased in 2005 and allowed me access to have it published by adding pictures and family and friends can add notes and condolences. The website just doesn’t work anymore.

Desired outcome: Access to website in what i paid for all the pictures, etc

T
11:24 am

Memory-Of.com - Lifetime Website Payment

I made my Dad's memorial website in 2005 and paid the lifetime fee for it to always be available. It worked perfectly fine for many years and was a place I visited often to light candles and leave my Dad messages on special occasions. I spent a lot of time and effort making this tribute to him, with a picture slideshow, music, family tree, memories people could post about what he meant tom them, and it was such a place I cherished. Problems began with music no longer working, my access to edit his page and then eventually it was JUST GONE. No warning or even the decency to give me the option to download my page on a USB stick before they just took it down. I would like an explanation and where my pictures and information are at.

Tammie Waite

[email protected]

Website was Charles Edward Moats

Desired outcome: I would like an apology and if I can still retrieve my site

D
5:48 pm

Memory-Of.com - Memorial web site for my mom

My mother passed away in 2006. My brother and I purchased a lifetime membership for us to have a tribute that her great grandchildren would be able to see. The two of us spent hours, weeks, months and years building this site. Much of the family contributed and now the pictures and all that we put into this has disappeared. The money spent isn't even our issue. The fact that we utilized this site often as did our family as well as all of the pictures that are now lost. It's a bit traumatic when you have to go through her loss again. My contact information is Dawn Garland [email protected] 484-821-8367

Desired outcome: replace the site, copies of all entries and pictures

4:38 pm

Memory-Of.com - Website is no longer available

I purchased a lifetime membership in 2004 and have tons of photos videos and messages from friends and relatives on this site of my son's [email protected] Now every time I go to it it says temporarily unavailable. I have been trying to get access to the site for several months.All of the messages from friends & relatives are irreplaceable. Does anyone know how to gain access to this site?

Desired outcome: To have access to my son's website again toddjlee.memory-of.com

Memory-Of.com contacts