Having problems with JustAnswer?

JustAnswer Customer Service Contacts

P.O. Box 29045
San Francisco, California

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with JustAnswer Customer Service. Initial JustAnswer complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for JustAnswer above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about JustAnswer. Discuss the issues you have had with JustAnswer and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

JustAnswer.comBilled twice when I never approved to even ask a question

I am on disability which means that I am on an extremely tight income so never would approve this service. I was billed the first time on March27which I did call about and after speaking with a representative I was under the understanding that it would be taken off of my secured credit card with no further charges. I had to make some cuts in my financials so deleted my Bank of America Credit card and the savings account associated with the where the the charges popped up on both dates. I have been disputing these charges with Bank of America but now are threatening to put it on my credit report because there is absolutely no way I could have afforded it then and especially now. I really feel taken advantage of and now taking even a bigger hit financially since Covid.

JustAnswerNever signed up - money deducted from my account

Where have you obtained my banking details from?
    I have never signed to this service.

I found a £50 transaction from yourselves today, I have emailed and been refunded.

However there is one from 13th October where £50 was taken from my account.

I find this dishonest and fraudulent, and informing my bank fraud team about this.

JustAnswerYou are charging me for something I never ordered!

My Name is Laurie Walsh

You have charge my credit card with out my consent!!!
      Please credit that money back to my account or I will take further action!
      You charged my account $45.00
      I have stopped payment for this Business and will continue to check every month!
      I expect to see this credit very very soon!

This is credit card Fraud

• JustAnswer's response · Nov 09, 2020

Hello Laurie,

Thank you for getting in touch with us about this. We apologize for any frustration with the membership billing.

We will need some more information to locate your account and will work to resolve any other concerns that you have. We can be reached from the Contact Us link that is at the top and bottom of the homepage.

JustAnswerUnauthorized credit card charges

I am complaining about the fact that there are unauthorized credit card charges being charged to my credit card monthly and I want to cancel this. I do not want any more charges to my card so please cancel my membership and refund my money. I am on social security and cannot afford this. Your 350ch is insane as I believe this site is. So, once again, I ask you to cancel this account and return any monies you've charged to it.

• JustAnswer's response · Nov 09, 2020

Hello Dick,

JustAnswerSubscription

Hi,
          I paid my $5.00 and my question was answered and that was on July 20th. The next thing you know $29 is deducted from my account on August 2nd. I didn't agree to a subscription!. I emailed Just Answer and was told that is how it works and it was just left at that. After your $5 payment for your question, then the $29 fee is deducted. I said that I didn't want the subscription just paid my $5 for that particular question about my dog. It is still trying to be taken out of my account. I was upset enough that I didn't receive the $29 back but now they keep trying to take the amount out of my account. Please look at my account and refund me the $29 along with cancelling whatever is set-up. I'm very disappointed and worried that it is going to mess up my account. Thanks for you time. Paula Saseen
          [protected]@yahoo.com

Hello Paula,

Thank you for getting in touch with us about this.

It sounds like you may need the membership turned off on your account.

JustAnswerRefund

I have e mails stating I have no membership with you but you have taken 150 from my bank. 50 a month fir three months I want it refunded
            I used your service in august but cancelled within 48 hours.
            I can understand if the first month was deducted but not the next two

Refund

• JustAnswer's response · Oct 30, 2020

Hello Janet,

Thank you for getting in touch with us about this.

In looking at your contact with our Customer Care team it appears that we've been able to locate your account and resolve your concerns about the billing.

Please do not hesitate to reach back out to our Support team if you need any further assistance.

Oct 16, 2020

JustAnswer — Unwanted membership and won't refund charges

Back in april 2020, after thinking over whether to take my cat to a vet about something I wasn't even...

Just AnswerMembership

Charge for membership 50.00 the charge to my credit card was to be a small charge of 1.00 to answer q question. Did not sign up for membership.
              Once the got the Credit card number they "Just answer" proceeded to
              charge for a membership un authorized. i understand may complaints have been file against this
              company. Most unsuspected charges and unaware of the practice of using
              your credit card for unauthorized membership charges

• Updated by Eileen Webb Piller · Oct 12, 2020

Hope this complaint will stop Just Answer from taking advantage of people who have submitted credit card
                  information and find that unauthorized charges have been made with out there knowledge

• Da
                  DanielleDO Dec 12, 2020

I wish I had read your complaint. I found a 46$ charge on my credit card. Just Answers refused to refund me the money though did not give me any service at all. I'm wonder if there is something we can do as a group.

Oct 06, 2020

JustAnswer — Tax question

I entered a war search IRS. Up came the links starting with IRS. Just Answer was line one. I opened the link...

JustAnswerOnline med question

I called them with a issue about a week ago they answered my question from a so called doctor (the diagnoses was wrong too) they charged my 5.95 plus 10 cents for each answer. On sept 29 I got a charge from them for 46.00 for a membership I never asked for spoke to customer service and they informed me there are no refunds... I was never told or asked about any membership and I certainly would not agree to pay 46.00 to ask a question they were rude and hung up... I want my money refunded for a membership I never asked for... Scam dont fall for it

Hello Deidre,

JustAnswer Customer Care

JustAnswerComputer / printer problem that was corrected.

I was charged $29.99 on sept. 29 @ $39.00 a couple days prior. The $39.00 was the amount I was quoted;therefore, i'm confused about the $29.99. Your tech did a great job & I tipped him accordingly. Just do not understand the$29.99 charge on my master card. My name is loyal moore in glen allen, va. My email is moore. [protected]@yahoo.com. My phone # is [protected]. Would appreciate a credit if this charge was an error.

Hello Loyal,

Thank you for getting in touch with us about this.

It sounds like this might be a membership charge. We can take a look at your account for you.

Just AnswerMonthly charges without agreement

I used Just Answer two months ago regarding a broken washer. I was told on the website that I would be charged $5 and this was the case, $4.50 plus $.10 for 5 withdrawls. Then a $37 charge appeared on on August 23. Now on September 25 another $37 charge. How do I stop this! I did not agree to any kind of membership!

Nancy Lieder
                    [protected]
                    [protected]@charter.net

Hello Nancy,

JustAnswerTrial services

On Sept 10, 2020 I used just answer after waiting for 45 minutes to call social security office. I knew it would cost $1. I texted with Barbara. I am now having $50 taken from my account which I don't understand because I unsubscribed. I talked to the complaint department which pretty much told me I wasn't very smart I need to read things more carefully. He did cancel it for me. I guess it is on me. This is a hardship for a retired person on social security. So I am considering you as a scam and I can only complain to the Social Security Office that they made a mistake using you.

Hello,

Thank you for getting in touch with us about this. We apologize for any frustration or confusion. We are not affiliated with the Social Security Administration in any way, and they do not refer their users to our site.

Sep 17, 2020

Just Answer — Veterinary consultation

Approx 3-4 months ago I called this veterinary service on a Sunday when I could not get into my regular vet...

JustAnswerThey are asking for credit card again after paying the trial price already. Then would be 46.00 a month

I just got off the site for Justanswer.com. I thought I could trust this site because the Better Business Bureau was listed as well as others. I paid the membership 1.00 trial fee & then I was supposed to talk to a Technician. I filled out what was wrong with my printer model# etc. The site said I could cancel at any time within 7 days. Then it asked for another credit card again. Sounds like a scam. No technician came on the site to find out what was wrong which was supposed to happen after my payment as per their conversation. I called their phone number to cancel. Their Service Person Roan was helpful when I told him I want to cancel but I am worried I will still get stuck with the 46.00 fees after one week, & not have any service for it

Could be a shady Company...

Hello Ali,

JustAnswerSubscription fee

I need some assistance with my TV and decided to use JustAnswer since it was one of the first sites I found. They asked for a 1$ fee, which was fine. I was unaware that apparently I has signed up for 46$ a month subscribtion. I didnt even notice this until later when I went and checked my bank status. Pretty pissed that the were no obvious information on thr site to let me know about it. I was just asked to pay 1$ for the service. Had I known I wouldnt have used it.

Hello,

JustAnswerVeterinarian referral

In early September I used this service once, and paid $5.00 to be connected to a veterinarian regarding a question about my dog. I was unaware of any requirement for and never agreed to enroll in a monthly service. After contacting the company, I was told I was not eligible for a refund of their monthly service fee of $29.00 but could cancel the subscription, which I did. This amount was billed 5 days after my initial contact with the vet. Again, I never agreed to a subscription service of any kind and the service, presumably is paid in advance for a monthly service which I have not used. I feel a total refund is in order.

Hello Charmaine,

Thank you for getting in touch with us about this.

We would like to look at your account to make sure that all of the appropriate cancellation steps were taken.

Sep 10, 2020

JustAnswer — Unauthorised credit card payment and obstructive communications

The "Justanswer" online questions service has been showing many of the hallmarks of bad practice. In...

JustAnswerI never asked for membership. Unauthorized credit card charge.

I used the service only one time in June 2020 asking the detail of social security office. I never became member or never filed application for membership or did not subscribe for membership.

After first time use of service in June 2020, I have been charged regularly (monthly) membership fees for the month of July 2020 and August 2020.
                              My Name : Mulshankar Panchal.
                              Credit card ending (last four digits) 6671.

I do not want membership as I never applied for it. Without my consent, if at all created membership by justanswer company then it is scam and I dispute transactions for the month of July and August 2020. Fund must be returned and stop charging.

• Updated by Mulshankar Panchal · Sep 07, 2020

I would like to give further detail.

I complained to Customer service of JUSTANSWER.COM. Their response email and my reply to them as follow.

Quote.."
                                  From: [email protected]
                                  Sent: Monday, September 7, 2020 8:32 PM
                                  To: [email protected]
                                  Subject: RE: [#GIJ-[protected]]: JustAnswer Customer Care

TO: Customer Service,

ATTN: Maricar,

In reply to your following message please see here under my reply.
                                   As far as I remember I did not registered for membership and I did not asked for membership and I am not interested in taking membership.
                                   My email [email protected] if not found by you then please check the alternate email [email protected]
                                   You charged wrongly my debit card for membership. You asked for respective credit card first 6 digit and last 4 digit. Please note the first 6 digit 440066 and last four digits 6671. Using this detail please locate the account.
                                   I do not have order number as I did not asked for membership.
                                   I am not using PayPal service.
                                   Detain of date and amount charged (Posted to my bank account).
                                  August 12, 2020 JUSTANSWER *MEMBERSHP [protected] CA $50
                                  JULY 13, 2020 JUSTANSWER *MEMBERSHP [protected] CA $50
                                  JUNE 12, 2020 JUSTANSWER *MEMBERSHP [protected] CA $50
                                  JUNE 02, 2020 TRIAL *MEMBERSHP [protected] CA $1
                                   On the internet search I was searching the address of Social Security office in Philadelphia which remains open in COVID time, zip code 18914 then the Cat popup appeared so I put the question text message in chat box. I did not get response so I called the given number then what I got the address is known and that office was closed. Actually the it was useless. Later on I got SMS text message from my bank informing charge of $50. In the chat pop up it asked for credit card number for identity but never mentioned about the membership or the service charge $50 for answering question. This is unfair and unethical and not acceptable.
                                   I was travelling overseas and could not dispute the charge. Now I found all above charges for membership which I never asked for or agreed to.

I request you to refund the above charges on top priority and stop charging in future.

Please acknowledge the receipt of this email and conform me the refund of all charges.

Best regards,
                                  Mulshanakr Panchal

From: JustAnswer Customer Support
                                  Sent: Monday, September 7, 2020 12:31 PM
                                  To: [email protected]
                                  Subject: [#GIJ-[protected]]: JustAnswer Customer Care

Hi Mulchankar,

Thanks for reaching out to us at JustAnswer!

Unfortunately, we were not able to locate an account using the email address you provided us with, [email protected] With that said, you can help me to locate this account by providing some additional information - any and all of which will be useful:

- The first 6 digits and the last 4 digits of the Credit/Debit card that was charged (This information can only be used to locate the account)
                                  - Other email addresses you may have used
                                  - The order number from the question you asked, if it's available
                                  - Your PayPal email address if you were charged through PayPal (I won't need the password)
                                  - The date and amount of the charge(s)
                                  - A link to the question page -OR- The subject of your question if you cannot locate the link

Once I can collect this information from you, I should be able to find your account and take any actions on it that you'd like me to take. Of course, if you need additional assistance with this, or with any other concern, feel free to contact me right away.

Thank you for your cooperation. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Maricar
                                  JustAnswer Customer Care

JustAnswer is even faster and easier on our exclusive members-only app! Don’t miss out; download the JustAnswer app today on iTunes or GooglePlay and start asking questions on the go.

Ticket Details
                                  Status: Closed
                                  Priority: Normal

Helpdesk: https://support.justanswer.com/index.php?/test1
                                  …. Unquote.

Please take up the matter with JUSTANSWER.com and help me to get refund.

Best regards,
                                  Mulshanakr Panchal

Comments

Sep 02, 2020

JustAnswer — Charging funds without consent

Dear Sir/Madam, On the 27th of July I made a search for the question. I came across with the answer to my...